Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whereismyshoe
Oct 21, 2008

that's not gone well...
Not really automotive, but i found this in the motorcycle section..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

whereismyshoe posted:

Not really automotive, but i found this in the motorcycle section..

Buy it and frame the guy for a sex crime. :)

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
The next satin?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Even if this is almost 800 miles away, holy butthole do I want this!

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Atmus posted:

The next satin?

Haven't you ever heard of the Rouge Angles of Satin? :)

Semi-spergin' coverage here. It's dumb and very very common

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Oct 16, 2009

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

Otacon posted:

Even if this is almost 800 miles away, holy butthole do I want this!

This is the only way to tailgate! Alternatively, you could set up a garage/machine shop in the back, and do mobile repair work!!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

It's a shame there's no picture. £3 is a very good price, but if I have to take it to the metalworker's guild it could end up costing a few more shillings than I'd be willing to part with. I may send my boy down to have a look at it though.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Does this seem too cheap?
http://lethbridge.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1957-Chevrolet-Bel-Air-4-DOOR-Sedan-RUST-FREE-W0QQAdIdZ162086017

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

Holy crap, either it's some sort of scam or it's the deal of a lifetime. It's probably worth 3 times that, maybe more.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

It's setting off scam alarm bells, but it does have an old Alberta plate and the scenery in the photos is somewhat consistent with Alberta.

The Rocket Salad
Sep 1, 2004

lol what

VideoTapir posted:

Apparently there's a collection being sold off in St. Louis. This is probably the most interesting item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1952...=item4ceb486712
This car was made off of blueprints from a 1950's issue of Modern Mechanics, an awesome DIY magazine of which many (if not most) issues are available online.

I always wondered if someone actually built one of these, and if it survived. Well, here's my answer. This find is truly loving awesome and probably belongs in the Most AI-est thread.

edit: http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2006...mbs&Qis=XL#qdig

The Rocket Salad fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Oct 18, 2009

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

Search for more ads from that Estate Sale. Sometimes, estate sales are run by companies that are greedy as hell and will spend months and a few hundred man hours squeezing the maximum value out of anything and everything. Other times, they just want to get rid of stuff as quickly as possible.

There's also a chance that this is actually an estate sale auction and that's only the starting price. There's further a chance that this isn't an estate sale but a private seller pulling your chain and it's never been appraised by anyone but the owner's brother-in-law.

Anyhow, the words "estate sale" and "appraised" in a classic car listing are truly magical. If anyone's selling a classic car right now, get it appraised, even shadily, and put the words "estate sale" in your listing.

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004
Not really "Craiglist Gold" but I've been looking for a 91-92 Camaro on Craigslist and came across a RS for $1200. I emailed the guy and he sent me this pic :

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Now I have been out of the Camaro scene for awhile but isn't that rear end pieced together from about 3 different years? I asked the guy if it was a salvage title and he said the title was clean but he doesn't have one. I asked if it was hit because it was Frankensteined together.

Am I nuts? You couldn't get those nasty tailights on a 91 could you? Nevermind a 91 RS. And that hatch is like a 86 or 87 right?

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Joe Mama posted:

Holy crap, either it's some sort of scam or it's the deal of a lifetime. It's probably worth 3 times that, maybe more.

Are the options that valuable? While $16K seems like a good price. No 4 doors are going for anywhere near 3x that, even with restorations, on ebay right now.

Cyberpope v2
Oct 26, 2002

by Lowtax

Legdiian posted:

Not really "Craiglist Gold" but I've been looking for a 91-92 Camaro on Craigslist and came across a RS for $1200. I emailed the guy and he sent me this pic :

Now I have been out of the Camaro scene for awhile but isn't that rear end pieced together from about 3 different years? I asked the guy if it was a salvage title and he said the title was clean but he doesn't have one. I asked if it was hit because it was Frankensteined together.

Am I nuts? You couldn't get those nasty tailights on a 91 could you? Nevermind a 91 RS. And that hatch is like a 86 or 87 right?

The wheels and ground effects match my '92. The stock spoiler matches too, but the wing was stolen off of some other year and the third brake light should be on the inside. So likely they stole the hatch off of some other year as well as the hood. The paint job looks like a pretty shittily done MAACO quality one too. Most likely it's just been redneck repaired over the years, but the bumper seems to fit well from that angle as there is no obvious gaps (unlike mine which was involved in a minor fenderbender at a stop light).

Grimster
May 15, 2004

you suck

Legdiian posted:

Does it run and drive good? And assuming it has a title, any title it's probably not that big of a deal.

What drivetrain?

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
There aren't enough :barf: or :doh: emoticons to describe this. Who the hell pays $1800 for a Chinese scooter? GATOR FANS, that's who.

http://gainesville.craigslist.org/mcy/1425389771.html

quote:

2 Weeks old - like Brand NEW - Cute - 50 cc Scooter for sale - $1475 (Gainesville)
Date: 2009-10-17, 10:36AM EDT
Reply to: sale-wakzr-1425389771@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have a brand new scooter for sale that I got at New Scooters for Less. I rode it about 1 week back and forth from my apartment to the hospital and I realized I don't really like scooters. I went back to New Scooter for less but they would not take it back so now I'm trying to sell it. I purchased a helmet and lock that also come with the scooter (helmet is in the picture). I paid a little over 1800 for everything but I'm selling for all for $1475 obo. Your saving over $300 and still getting a perfect scooter, helmet, and lock! It also come with a transferable warranty from New Scooters for Less. I have the title in hand, so first person to come with cash gets it.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

MrKatharsis posted:

There aren't enough :barf: or :doh: emoticons to describe this. Who the hell pays $1800 for a Chinese scooter? GATOR FANS, that's who.

http://gainesville.craigslist.org/mcy/1425389771.html

Goddamn that thing's hideous to boot. :(

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A chump and a hoagie going buck wild
More like "Go Gaytors".

Oh poo poo, I own a scooter too.

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

Tai-Pan posted:

Are the options that valuable? While $16K seems like a good price. No 4 doors are going for anywhere near 3x that, even with restorations, on ebay right now.

My bad, it's a 4-door. They're always less desirable for some reason. But still.

hippynerd
Nov 5, 2004

by Ozma
http://salem.craigslist.org/cto/1420233844.html

Click here for the full 888x1108 image.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

:barf:

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

"LOL Driftin'"

Yeah, because the first thing that I'm going to make sure of when I buy a new car is that it was "LOL drifted"

Marux
Mar 15, 2008

College Slice

Man what a deal, someones failed project car with broken stereo and damaged Lambo doors, LEDz, and the owner more or less admits to driving it like an idiot.

fake edit: lol driftin!!
real edit: need to type faster

hippynerd
Nov 5, 2004

by Ozma
Yeah, I'll be "Dodge'n" that one.

ijustam
Jun 20, 2005

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/1353199509.html

:drat:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Haha.

Quoted in case it goes away for some reason

quote:

Harley rider pre-ride check off list:
1. Comb baseball player goatee and mustache
2. Spend 6- hours polishing gaudy chrome pieces. Be sure people can read the Live to ride ride to live statement on gas tank lid.
3. Assure suspension can handle at least 560 pounds of rider
4. Pack cell phone and have tow service numbers programmed.
5. Look in mirror and perfect the I'm a bad rear end motherfucker harley riding scowl.
6. Affix tassels from daughters bicycle to handle bars for added gay appearance.
7. Test flashers for when bike breaks down (99% probability)
8. Put on your wrist brace to help carpal tunnel from all of the unnecessary revving
9. Leather pants
10. Gloves
11. Wrap around sunglasses
12. Skull cap (German soldier type for the real badasses). Remember to think about the SAFETY aspect/argument of loud pipes as putting that potato chip on head. The real tough guys here will wear a bandana over their face (some with a skull) to look really scary----ooooh!
13. CAT work boots (new)
14. Leather vest with some chapter like: North chapter of pig loving obese attention whore douche bags with fat ugly loud mouth wives.
15. HD t-shirt (of course). Because everyone needs to know what shop you paid $40 for a $5 hanes shirt at.
16. Remove baffles from pipes so EVERYONE can hear you going 18mph in 2nd gear at redline. Note: Most HD break down before hitting 2nd gear.
17. Starbucks gift card: This is usually your hangout--------------how tough.
18. Call friends with similar ridiculous motorcycle (WW2 outdated technology garbage) and pathetic store bought image (gay pirate from the Castro) attire. Have them ATTEMPT to meet you at the starbucks without breaking down or crashing due to being distracted from looking at themselves in their chrome.
19. Five packs of Marlboro reds to smoke while riding to look extra cool
20. Slam a 6 pack of Zima prior to ride.
21. Saddle bags attached to pick up and store broken parts that fall off bike as you ride/push (if you can call it riding without laughing) that hunk of poo poo down the road.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

slidebite posted:

Haha.
Harley rider pre-ride check off list

Wow that sums up how I feel about Harley riders.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

ab0z posted:

Wow that sums up how I feel about Harley riders.

That is list is pretty much the reason I have not purchased a Nighster. Its a good looking basic bike that is affordable, but the "scene" associated with the Harely Badge is just so embarrassing.

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006
I'm not wearing any pants. Film at 11!

Tai-Pan posted:

That is list is pretty much the reason I have not purchased a Nighster. Its a good looking basic bike that is affordable, but the "scene" associated with the Harely Badge is just so embarrassing.

When my dad was looking for his Retirement Toy, one of the guys he worked with, a big Harley guy, kept trying to get my dad to buy a Harley.

My dad finally looked at him one day and said, "Well, I can afford to buy a new Harley, but buying all the crap to go with it would bankrupt me."

Dad finally bought a Honda VTX 1800 and rides the hell out of it.

Much as I would like to buy a Harley, just for the novelty of it, listening to all the Harley owners I know makes me think that Harleys are like British sports cars.

They spend at least as much time being repaired as they do on the road.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
I have to take exception with that list.

8. Put on your wrist brace to help carpal tunnel from all of the unnecessary revving

As if most Harley riders ever spend enough time in seat to get carpal tunnel. and..

Maybe it's different elsewhere, but here in Wisconsin most Harley riders go from bar to bar to bar. You'll see big groups pulling up to or leaving "biker bars" out in rural areas.

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

`Nemesis posted:

I have to take exception with that list.

As if most Harley riders ever spend enough time in seat to get carpal tunnel. and..

Maybe it's different elsewhere, but here in Wisconsin most Harley riders go from bar to bar to bar. You'll see big groups pulling up to or leaving "biker bars" out in rural areas.

True story. I was over there last weekend - there are more harley owners per capita than people.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Tai-Pan posted:

Get what you want. gently caress the "scene."

orange lime
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Doctor Zero posted:

Agreed. If you want a Harley, pick one up, then debadge it and redo all the chrome with matte black. Or paint it bright white. Or bright white with a bigass commie star or rising sun on the tank.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
Or buy a japanese cruiser knockoff for less money and higher quality engineering. My dad got a Kawasaki Mean Street/Streak (can't remember which) and that thing is way better than any harley I've ridden, in comfort and performance.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

orange lime posted:

Agreed. If you want a Harley, pick one up, then debadge it and redo all the chrome with matte black. Or paint it bright white. Or bright white with a bigass commie star or rising sun on the tank.

Actually, the nightster is mostly flat black. Which is why it is awesome and unlike most other harleys. However, the rising sun would be awesome.

You are right and I shouldn't let it bother me (for gods sake, one of my cars is a miata) and I will think about getting one when I am no longer neck deep in renovating a house, which suck every available penny.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Jack the Smack posted:

Or buy a japanese cruiser knockoff for less money and higher quality engineering. My dad got a Kawasaki Mean Street/Streak (can't remember which) and that thing is way better than any harley I've ridden, in comfort and performance.

At the expense of derailing too much, while Harleys are certainly overpriced compared to a Japanese bike, they feel more like a motorcycle. I mean I love the poo poo out of my Valkyrie, but it feels like I'm riding a hoverbike compared to the loud, rumbling, imperfectness of riding a Harley.

I can't fault anyone for wanting one, they are nice bikes.

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

ab0z posted:

True story. I was over there last weekend - there are more harley owners per capita than people.

What? More Harley owners per person than people? So there are more Harley owners than there are people?

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

UserNotFound posted:

What? More Harley owners per person than people? So there are more Harley owners than there are people?

It was an adaptation of a family guy joke. Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008

Doctor Zero posted:

You can politely nod to them as you ride past but I wouldn't let anti-peer pressure influence my bike decision, unless someone else is going to make the payments. I loved the crap out of the XR1200 and would have bought one despite the crap my riding buddies would have given me. The lack of $13K lying around saved me from that particular situation.