Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

some say he's a rude dude with a crude 'tude

DrakeriderCa posted:

CanadaAmmo used to always sell their crates of x39 with shipping included. Have you talked to them?

I just checked their site, they are out of stock. They really improved the website, drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.

Holy poo poo, that "police" 1911A1 is a pretty good deal for $350 considering it seems to have a bunch of aftermarket-type stuff on it.

Flanker
Sep 10, 2002

OPERATORS GONNA OPERATE
After a good night's sleep

Millow posted:

SKS's are delayed again until September. I've been thinking about getting a case of 7.62x39 for when it arrives but everyone wants like $70 for shipping. Is there anywhere near Toronto that has them?

Call Elwood Epps in Orillia.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Elwood Epps is good people.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

HPL posted:

Holy poo poo, that "police" 1911A1 is a pretty good deal for $350 considering it seems to have a bunch of aftermarket-type stuff on it.

Norinco 1911's are generally pretty drat good deals. With some smoothing up, they're really drat good deals.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

I really, really have to get myself banned from the EE on CGN or I am going to go loving broke. There's a 1936 MAS for $200 and a sportered, but restorable Krag for $125 on there right now. I just bought a Blu-Ray player and two guns last month. I can't afford this habit anymore.

Haha, when I took a couple of guys I work with shooting this weekend one said; "Now I know what makes Mike smile!"

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

mikerock posted:

I really, really have to get myself banned from the EE on CGN or I am going to go loving broke. There's a 1936 MAS for $200 and a sportered, but restorable Krag for $125 on there right now. I just bought a Blu-Ray player and two guns last month. I can't afford this habit anymore.

Haha, when I took a couple of guys I work with shooting this weekend one said; "Now I know what makes Mike smile!"

Trust me, I know that feeling. I'll be selling a few of my rifles this week for my Vegas fund. I can't stop looking and wanting though. And now my shop has a DEWAT'd PPSH.

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.

DrakeriderCa posted:

Norinco 1911's are generally pretty drat good deals. With some smoothing up, they're really drat good deals.

My Norinco 1911 got a cracked slide after a while. It was a good gun while it lasted. The frame is still good. Maybe I'll get a Mec-Tec for it someday.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

HPL posted:

My Norinco 1911 got a cracked slide after a while. It was a good gun while it lasted. The frame is still good. Maybe I'll get a Mec-Tec for it someday.

Hm. I know the frames are tough as nails, but I hadn't heard of problems with the slide. It should be pretty dead easy to find a new slide for that pistol. Have you talked to Gunnar at Armco?

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.

DrakeriderCa posted:

Hm. I know the frames are tough as nails, but I hadn't heard of problems with the slide. It should be pretty dead easy to find a new slide for that pistol. Have you talked to Gunnar at Armco?

While I have full confidence in Gunnar, having dealt with him previously, the problem would be that getting a new slide would involve sending the frame to Prince George and back for fitting, not to mention parts and labour. Given the price of a new Norinco 1911A1, it's not really worth it.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

HPL posted:

While I have full confidence in Gunnar, having dealt with him previously, the problem would be that getting a new slide would involve sending the frame to Prince George and back for fitting, not to mention parts and labour. Given the price of a new Norinco 1911A1, it's not really worth it.

Yeah, that's true. Although if you had a deep emotional attachment to the frame, it might be worth it.

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.

So it seems a couple of idiots robbed Lock, Stock and Barrel over in New Westminster:

http://www.news1130.com/news/local/article.jsp?content=20080811_213401_18340

The store specializes in older stuff, so I don't think the thieves got away with anything super spectacular. Ironically, the store is just across the street from the Justice Institute.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Next in the news: Man found with broken bloody fingers trying to load 8mm Mauser into a Ljungman connected to gun store robbery.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

How do I buy this thing.

http://www.baikalcanada.com/pistols_sport.htm

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.

Pretty Little Rainbow posted:

How do I buy this thing.

There was that gun store in Montreal that used to specialize in Russian firearms. Armrus, I think they were called. Unfortunately, they shut down so I don't know who's carrying Baikal these days. Might want to give Ellwood Epps a shout.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Does anyone shoot at the Smiths Falls club in Ontario? I just joined there and couldn't be more pleased, the members are all super nice, it's clean (if you've been to Stittsville just imagine the opposite) and not busy at all.

helno
Jun 19, 2003
hmm now were did I leave that plane

Pretty Little Rainbow posted:

How do I buy this thing.

http://www.baikalcanada.com/partners.htm

Call up one of the partners for your province?

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

helno posted:

http://www.baikalcanada.com/partners.htm

Call up one of the partners for your province?

Wow, I should've clicked that button.

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.

Oh gently caress yeah, Marstar carries golf ball launchers now.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

HPL posted:

Oh gently caress yeah, Marstar carries golf ball launchers now.

Shiiiiit. And I'm just getting my FH soldered on to my AR.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

DrakeriderCa posted:

Shiiiiit. And I'm just getting my FH soldered on to my AR.

Nothing stopping you from buying another upper

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Gtab posted:

Nothing stopping you from buying another upper

drat your temptation. I just activated another credit card. I don't need this.

pouge
Nov 19, 2005

I <3 Cats.

So I've been tossing around the idea of getting my PAL for the last 6 months or so, and I think that I'll finally get off my rear end and do it. I read earlier in this thread that you can go through the restricted and non-restricted Firearms Safety Course for about $150.

I live in Calgary, and the Shooting Edge seems like the obvious choice to go with for this, but their site says that it's $250 for these courses. They also have a deal for $500 that gets you your restricted and non-restricted Firearms Safety Courses, plus a years membership. Considering it would cost $40 for a day pass at the Shooting Edge, that doesn't seem like a terribly bad deal...

I suppose my question would be for any Calgary goons. Would there be a cheaper place to get this all done, or is that about as good a deal as I could get? Would it be worth it for a year long membership with them right away? Half a grand seems a little steep.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

pouge posted:

So I've been tossing around the idea of getting my PAL for the last 6 months or so, and I think that I'll finally get off my rear end and do it. I read earlier in this thread that you can go through the restricted and non-restricted Firearms Safety Course for about $150.

I live in Calgary, and the Shooting Edge seems like the obvious choice to go with for this, but their site says that it's $250 for these courses. They also have a deal for $500 that gets you your restricted and non-restricted Firearms Safety Courses, plus a years membership. Considering it would cost $40 for a day pass at the Shooting Edge, that doesn't seem like a terribly bad deal...

I suppose my question would be for any Calgary goons. Would there be a cheaper place to get this all done, or is that about as good a deal as I could get? Would it be worth it for a year long membership with them right away? Half a grand seems a little steep.

Jesus Christ. Indoor ranges. Phoenix in Edmonton is about the same, but I can't get my head around it. I challenged my Non-restricted and Restricted for $40 a piece, books included. I'm not in Calgary so I can't help you out there, but I could point you towards some people in Edmonton who might be able to help you out if you're so inclined.

GCOAP
Nov 4, 2006

pouge posted:

If you are going to go shooting at least once a month at TSE it will pay off to pick up a membership. If you do not have your PAL yet and you sign up for a membership. TSE will allow you to "buy" a gun from them to shoot on the range under supervision by a range officer. You also get 20% off the very over priced range ammo. One thing to look at is how far in advance TSE is booking for the course last time I checked they were booking 2-3 months in advance.

DocCynical
Jan 9, 2003

That is not possible just now

pouge posted:

Considering it would cost $40 for a day pass at the Shooting Edge, that doesn't seem like a terribly bad deal...

Jesus gently caress. $40? I'm glad I get to shoot free once a week at Pheonix. You should check what range they are affiliated with and see if they have cheaper membership plus a free night.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

What's the opinion of Bul 1911s?

http://www.marstar.ca/gf-BUL/M5-Govt.shtm

I sold my Norinco 45 a year or so ago, but still have a couple boxes of Ammo that need to get shot. The obvious solution is buying a pistol.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

slidebite posted:

What's the opinion of Bul 1911s?

http://www.marstar.ca/gf-BUL/M5-Govt.shtm

I sold my Norinco 45 a year or so ago, but still have a couple boxes of Ammo that need to get shot. The obvious solution is buying a pistol.

I've heard they're alright. No personal or professional experience with them though.

Your reasoning is sound. I bought a Glock 22 because I had .40 that needed to be shot.

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

Frontier apparently has some 7.62x54r coming in soon for $249 for a case of 800. I sent an email to put in an order for one, I hope I secured one.

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.

Millow posted:

Frontier apparently has some 7.62x54r coming in soon for $249 for a case of 800. I sent an email to put in an order for one, I hope I secured one.

What kind exactly?

beaver_cheese
Feb 13, 2001

Bad day for that beaver.

That's good to hear. I've had an M44 sitting in my safe unused for a year now.

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

HPL posted:

What kind exactly?

It's the Czech stuff from what I've heard. Here's the link:

http://www.frontiertaxidermy.com/html/ammo.html

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Millow posted:

There goes my grand scheme to make money on the case of x54r sitting in my room.

Flanker
Sep 10, 2002

OPERATORS GONNA OPERATE

my bro and I just did an ammo run together. (his first). I got 250 rounds of .40 for $75, 100 rounds of 9mm mak for $24 and some other junk. My brother got 300 rounds of 762x54r for $50. I wanted to kick myself at the register because they take cad$ at par.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Flanker posted:

my bro and I just did an ammo run together. (his first). I got 250 rounds of .40 for $75, 100 rounds of 9mm mak for $24 and some other junk. My brother got 300 rounds of 762x54r for $50. I wanted to kick myself at the register because they take cad$ at par.

Don't give me loving heart attacks like that. I need you to be able to cross the border in a month.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Flanker posted:

Any problems bringing the ammo back across the line?

Flanker
Sep 10, 2002

OPERATORS GONNA OPERATE

slidebite posted:

Any problems bringing the ammo back across the line?

None at all

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

What is the policy of this thread for listing firearms for sale? Can I do it through SA mart or here? A friend has several pistols, a few rifles and shot guns he wants to sell and is having minimal luck doing so through the local clubs and stores.

Flanker
Sep 10, 2002

OPERATORS GONNA OPERATE

Indolent Bastard posted:

What is the policy of this thread for listing firearms for sale? Can I do it through SA mart or here? A friend has several pistols, a few rifles and shot guns he wants to sell and is having minimal luck doing so through the local clubs and stores.

I hate recommending CGN (canadiangunnutz.com) but its the best place for that.

Don't post guns for sale here or in SA Mart unless you want to waste ten bucks. You may post a link here to the sale ad on CGN though.

Your friend better be selling registered, legit heat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Flanker posted:

I hate recommending CGN (canadiangunnutz.com) but its the best place for that.

Don't post guns for sale here or in SA Mart unless you want to waste ten bucks. You may post a link here to the sale ad on CGN though.

Your friend better be selling registered, legit heat.

All legal and above board. I'll look into CGN more thanks.