Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Behind every great engineer is someone just hoping the "genius" doesn't bankrupt everyone.

DrakeriderCa posted:

I'm assuming you haven't shot with one then. They're okay, but not $1500 okay.

Yeah, I figured they weren't $1500 worth of cool. I was looking around on general "if I'm going to do this, might as well do it right" principle and figured that if they were in the $300-600 ballpark that eotechs and the like sit in then I might go that route.

But yeah, gently caress $1500.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Gtab posted:

It's perfect here.

Perfect is a very strong adjective. Perhaps "not too bad, could still be worse" would be better.

Perfect would be southwest Alberta... with maybe Nevada gun laws, an Ocean and free ammo.

And booze and bitches. Yeah.

DocCynical
Jan 9, 2003

That is not possible just now

I picked up an older Elcan for 400 bucks. I still need to sight it in.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

DocCynical posted:

I picked up an older Elcan for 400 bucks. I still need to sight it in.

Yeah, but that's your official One Good Edmonton Deal for the year. You better enjoy it. (Mine was my AR, which Taman is probably still choked about. )

Edit: Let's go shooting again. Soon.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Cyrano4747 posted:

I'm also mildly disappointed that there's apparently no good source out there for a C79 ELCAN for less than $1500.

Holy poo poo, somebody actually had the balls to charge that much for a C79? I actually find it pretty crappy.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Behind every great engineer is someone just hoping the "genius" doesn't bankrupt everyone.

Mr.48 posted:

Holy poo poo, somebody actually had the balls to charge that much for a C79? I actually find it pretty crappy.

Yeah, its just a supply issue.

Like I said, I figured it might be a cool "make the rifle REALLY kinda/sorta authentic" toy at $300-600, but at that point gently caress it.

During the search I also read quite a few things on message boards that pretty much pointed to it being a pretty mediocre optic.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273841

asking for more pictures

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Mr.48 posted:

That's their retail price. Believe me, I know. They suck.

Flanker
Sep 10, 2002

OPERATORS GONNA OPERATE
After a good night's sleep

Cyrano4747 posted:

Yeah, its just a supply issue.

Like I said, I figured it might be a cool "make the rifle REALLY kinda/sorta authentic" toy at $300-600, but at that point gently caress it.

During the search I also read quite a few things on message boards that pretty much pointed to it being a pretty mediocre optic.

We issue EOtechs too, so thats ok if you want to slap one on.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

DrakeriderCa posted:

HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaNDPhahahahaha

They hold about as much real sway here as you do, nancy boy. :P

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Somebody rammed a doorknob through the eye of the picture of some brown dude whos the liberal candidate by where I live or some poo poo. It was pretty great.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Pretty Little Rainbow posted:

Somebody rammed a doorknob through the eye of the picture of some brown dude whos the liberal candidate by where I live or some poo poo. It was pretty great.

Thank you for this insight.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Man, I don't know about other reservists/Forces folks, but I always ended up putting on one of those removable carry-handles on my C7 in the field.

Mind you, as a truck driver, my C79 would always get covered in the loving foam toxic poo poo in the cabs of the MLVWs so it was useless anyways.

gently caress MLs.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Hey mikerock, does Lever still have that Oly M4 carbine thingamajig with the carry handle rail mount in?

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Hey mikerock, does Lever still have that Oly M4 carbine thingamajig with the carry handle rail mount in?

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you never said it was Olympic.

Do you know HOW BAD Olympic AR15s are? They are bolt actions.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Gtab posted:

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you never said it was Olympic.

Do you know HOW BAD Olympic AR15s are? They are bolt actions.

Good then I can have a thirty round mag.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

I didn't expect that response.

On the one hand it is clever. On the other it is tremendously dumb.

I'm gonna go ahead and give you props.

beaver_cheese
Feb 13, 2001

Bad day for that beaver.

Walking around an army surplus store today I saw this and thought of Gtab.

Click here for the full 1200x1600 image.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

beaver_cheese posted:

Walking around an army surplus store today I saw this and thought of Gtab.

Click here for the full 1200x1600 image.

If I send you twenty bucks will you buy that for me?

beaver_cheese
Feb 13, 2001

Bad day for that beaver.

Yeah no problem. Send me an email to taylorjwyatt@gmail.com and I'll get your details.

I was actually about to buy it today and see if you wanted it, but I thought buying a poster for someone on the internet without them knowing is a little weird.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

it's still there and it's not a carbine

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

mikerock posted:

it's still there and it's not a carbine

Sorry, it was awhile ago, I may take a look at it when I'm in there if its still kicking around.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Our store got a drat nice Black Special today, and I'm in a bad mood because I want it more than anything, but I can't afford it.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Kin has a rack of crazy old milsurp in the back he sold his friend which includes gems like a superb matching m/96 sniper with scope, a mint krag, a vz-52/57 which was non-CAI green, a sako nagant and some other immaculate old guns, AND I CAN'T HAVE ANY OF THEM!

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

mikerock posted:

Kin has a rack of crazy old milsurp in the back he sold his friend which includes gems like a superb matching m/96 sniper with scope, a mint krag, a vz-52/57 which was non-CAI green, a sako nagant and some other immaculate old guns, AND I CAN'T HAVE ANY OF THEM!

drat. Once again, I feel compelled to mention Al's Longbranch crate. That he forgot he had.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

I wish I had enough guns i could forget about a crate of enfields.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

12(4) Uzi

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

mikerock posted:

I wish I had enough guns i could forget about a crate of enfields.

I can't recall if I mentioned that the crate was the Longbranch packing crate, and that the rifles were all consecutively numbered. Did I? Because that's how ludicrous Al is. It was stuck under a shelf in the attic.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

mikerock posted:

12(4) Uzi

Jesus loving christ I need to see that.

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

some say he's a rude dude with a crude 'tude

Baby's first kill. We only got one though, it's really hard without a dog.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

DrakeriderCa posted:

I can't recall if I mentioned that the crate was the Longbranch packing crate, and that the rifles were all consecutively numbered. Did I? Because that's how ludicrous Al is. It was stuck under a shelf in the attic.

Ok, the crate of Longbranches was cool, but not really awesome.

It has not crossed the threshold into "Awesome."

Hell, I'd probably trade a rifle just for the crate.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

I just found out that Baikal has their regional office like a block away from me and was thinking of going down there for a little recce. Anyone know anything about their guns?

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.

Mr.48 posted:

I just found out that Baikal has their regional office like a block away from me and was thinking of going down there for a little recce. Anyone know anything about their guns?

All I've ever heard about them is that they can be a bit unrefined, but otherwise decent.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Cyrano4747 posted:

Ok, the crate of Longbranches was cool, but not really awesome.

It has not crossed the threshold into "Awesome."

Hell, I'd probably trade a rifle just for the crate.

What? How are 24 consecutively numbered No.4's, still in factory grease and the original crate not awesome?

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

DrakeriderCa posted:

What? How are 24 consecutively numbered No.4's, still in factory grease and the original crate not awesome?

I bet he meant to type "now"

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

DrakeriderCa posted:

Your inbox is full.

Also it makes more sense as "now"

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

mikerock posted:

Your inbox is full.

Also it makes more sense as "now"

Yes, it should have been "now." I was trying to articulate that a simple box full 'o enfields, while cool, did not really make my eyes pop.

A crate still sealed from the factory, however, does.

I will leave it as it is, unedited, for posterity.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

One of you faggots buy this, my Skorpion will need a boyfriend.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269195

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Buy that instead of a Skorpion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

slidebite posted:

Buy that instead of a Skorpion.

I would it it wouldn't end up costing a few hundred more and the Skorpion wasn't my favorite gun. I'd rather have a Skorpion with a shitton of ammo and some kind of Oko sight than the MAC look-alike. Although both are wicked.