Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

We must find this gun and destroy it.

Cast it into the fires of Montaņa de Tindaya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

We must find this gun and destroy it.
I was there, Gandalf

I was there when the strength of men failed

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK

Slippery Tilde

That FR-8 is like neckweld, it reminds me of seeing AK's and SVD's with RPG scopes slid onto the siderail. I want an FR-8 in 7.62x39 or 223/5.56 with a scope.

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

AntiTank posted:

:raise: I can only surmise that you're supposed to tuck the butt of the stock into your beer-belly, and slouch over slightly to aim.

FE: I think the fact that this thing's being displayed in an all wood panel attic with a home-made banister kicks up the fudd factor a few extra notches.

Isaac Asimov
Oct 22, 2004

Phrost bought me this custom title even though he doesn't know me, to get rid of the old one (lol gay) out of respect for my namesake. Thanks, Phr

quote:

B4Ctom1 posted:

ya but I dont think the poo poo is attached

safety wire can hold the gently caress out of things when properly used

I used white zip-ties to attach a surefire to my M4 while I was in Iraq, until I found a mount to buy. I also used a zip-tie in lieu of 550 cord to tie down my IR.

Isaac Asimov fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Feb 9, 2010

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

This dog looks so sad to be associated with that gun.

Angry Guacamole
Dec 2, 2007

Oh God run away

AntiTank posted:

I don't pretend to know much of anything about guns. I'm as newbie as a newbie can get, or close to it at least. Even I know this is an abomination. I could show this to my gun-fearing mother and she would as well. What the gently caress is this?

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Angry Guacamole posted:

I don't pretend to know much of anything about guns. I'm as newbie as a newbie can get, or close to it at least. Even I know this is an abomination. I could show this to my gun-fearing mother and she would as well. What the gently caress is this?

it was a spanish FR8, mauser clone used by the spanish govt once upon a time. before that, it didnt have a bunch of stupid holes or squiggles in the stock, didn't have a ridiculous scope mount (or a scope upon said scope mount), and wasnt fuckin blue. also didnt have a recoil pad im pretty sure either.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

FR-8s came with a steel buttplate, that monstrosity has a commercial recoil pad (very poorly) fitted and mounted

AntiTank
Oct 25, 2005

It's converted to single shot too.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

AntiTank posted:

It's converted to single shot too.

You sure? For as :psyduck: as that whole mess is, I don't see why he'd use a super-tall and (apparently) offset scope mount unless he were using strippers with it

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

Otto Skorzeny posted:

You sure? For as :psyduck: as that whole mess is, I don't see why he'd use a super-tall and (apparently) offset scope mount unless he were using strippers with it

20$ says that the rifle is only shot from a bench with a front rest. No cheekweld or proper shooting form would explain the large recoil pad. Bending your neck gets tiring and it is easier to dump one bullet at a time in front of the bolt with your hands than it is to keep loading mags. It has nothing to do with needing stripper clearance.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Behind every great engineer is someone just hoping the "genius" doesn't bankrupt everyone.

king of the bongo posted:

20$ says that the rifle is only shot from a bench with a front rest. No cheekweld or proper shooting form would explain the large recoil pad. Bending your neck gets tiring and it is easier to dump one bullet at a time in front of the bolt with your hands than it is to keep loading mags. It has nothing to do with needing stripper clearance.

I don't doubt that the guy who made this only ever shoots it off a bench, but the FR8 doesn't have a detachable magzine.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us

Pillbug

Internet Wizard posted:

This dog looks so sad to be associated with that gun.

Mishaco's dog is infinitely cooler. Better hat, too.

2pint
Dec 3, 2004

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

2pint posted:

I know this is a joke, but if someone does chamber a 1911 in 5.7x28mm that would be a hell of a fun toy.

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK

Slippery Tilde

ChlorineTrifluoride posted:

I know this is a joke, but if someone does chamber a 1911 in 5.7x28mm that would be a hell of a fun toy.

It would be safer with handloads, but could a 5.7 even unlock a barrel? Isn't every 5.7 a blowback?

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

ChlorineTrifluoride posted:

I just want a handgun that:

1. Doesn't look like complete poo poo with gold inlay, etc.
2. Has the Punisher skull on the grips like that (but white/gray, c'mon)

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

2pint posted:

A tiger-striped... 5.7mm.... Desert Eagle branded M1911 with Punisher logo grips...

:psyboom::downsbravo::hf::downsbravo::hf::downsbravo::worship::worship::worship::suicide:

It's here! The mall-ninja singularity is here!

7point62
Jan 9, 2010

IVI: Impact Varies Immensely

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch

7point62 posted:

My brain is scrambled as as motherfucker trying to figure that thing out. M249 stock/pistol assembly, G36 wannabe front end, on what appears to be an M2 or 1919 receiver? Is it a photoshop?

7point62
Jan 9, 2010

Gooch181 posted:

My brain is scrambled as as motherfucker trying to figure that thing out. M249 stock/pistol assembly, G36 wannabe front end, on what appears to be an M2 or 1919 receiver? Is it a photoshop?

Could very well be a photoshop, but if so I think it's an "official" one. I got it from a thread on CGN a few years ago; some company that sells those, or at least the kits. New manufacture semi-only versions of the M1919 are legal here :canada:

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

Gooch181 posted:

It's a kit for 1919s. Fully nondestructive, but tacticlol as hell. For people who want the SAW experience for a third of the price.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Yeah it's real.

Considering a transferrable MAG58 is ~$75k and a transferrable M1919 is only ~$12-13k you can see why someone might think a kit that makes an M1919 look sort of like an M240 is an acceptable substitute.

7point62 posted:

New manufacture semi-only versions of the M1919 are legal here :canada:
Are beltfeds in Canada subject the 5-rounds-only law like a magazine fed rifle? If so it seems a bit pointless.

Craptacular fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Feb 10, 2010

Young Freud
Nov 25, 2006

Gooch181 posted:

No, I'm pretty sure this is a real tacticlol "SAW" kit for a M1919.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

oddspelling posted:

A tiger-striped... 5.7mm.... Desert Eagle branded M1911 with Punisher logo grips...

:psyboom::downsbravo::hf::downsbravo::hf::downsbravo::worship::worship::worship::suicide:

It's here! The mall-ninja singularity is here!
No rails. So close...

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK

Slippery Tilde

Gooch181 posted:

7point62 posted:

nope:
http://www.tnwfirearms.com/guns_m230.shtml

It is, without a doubt, tactilol but for $699 (as an add on kit to YOUR 1919). I don't see anyone else offering belt fed anything like it in this price range and caliber. I will pistol whip anyone that tries to tell me poo poo about a shrike or belt fed semi auto MG34.

Oh and there is this:

quote:

The weapon retains the ability to be fired from a tripod or pedestal. The upgrade takes about twenty minutes to install and requires no permanent modifications to your 1919.

I am a big guy. I packed M60's and ammo. This thing is pure rock and roll in civilian version that nothing else can touch. I think it would be a blast on USA national family waste ammo day (aka Thanksgiving).

B4Ctom1 fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Feb 10, 2010

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

Uncle Caveman posted:

I was there, Gandalf

I was there when the strength of men failed

CAST IT IN!!

no....

I think I'll convert it to two-seventuh!

AntiTank
Oct 25, 2005

Otto Skorzeny posted:

Yes. Stupid old German laws. There was a time, it was much easier to get single shot rifles. So everyone fudd gunsmith rear end in a top hat converted everything to single shot. Old surplus rifles, .22, even AKs and FALs.

Edit for M-14. They converted M-14s to single shot too.

AntiTank fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Feb 10, 2010

7point62
Jan 9, 2010

Craptacular posted:

Are beltfeds in Canada subject the 5-rounds-only law like a magazine fed rifle? If so it seems a bit pointless.

5-round limit applies only to semi-auto centerfire guns. Bolt/pump/lever and anything rimfire are all exempt.

As far as beltfed, the law applies to the belt itself (the gun doesn't matter) and there is no limit to any belt that was designed before 1945. New manufactured belts are fine, as long as they conform to a pre-'45 design. Anything designed after '45 is limited to 5 rounds.

There is a bit of legal grey area where any type of disintegrating belt may be unlimited as well using the logic that each link is itself considered a one-round "magazine", but I wouldn't want to test my luck trying that one...

7point62 fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Feb 10, 2010

Angry Guacamole
Dec 2, 2007

Oh God run away

Mad Dragon posted:

No rails. So close...

If there were rails on it, it would become a memetic kill agent that would cause fatal aneurysms in anyone with an IQ >80. Sort of like one of those fractal things people talk about on paranormal boards, except instead of killing you instantly, you'd partially die of massive head trauma due to feeling like a cockroach was trying to claw its way out of the direct center of your visual processing center in your brain and bashing your head against whatever was available to try and kill it or get it out.

2pint posted:

I think you posted this one in the wrong thread, these are cool as hell. I'd just prefer black grips with grey inlay, personally.

Angry Guacamole fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Feb 10, 2010

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Angry Guacamole posted:

I think you posted this one in the wrong thread, these are cool as hell. I'd just prefer black grips with grey inlay, personally.

:siren: College freshman spotted. :siren:

Can I offer you a case of Natty and a blowjob from a chubby girl with low self-esteem?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"

Grimey Drawer

walrusman posted:

Can I offer you a case of Natty and a blowjob from a chubby girl with low self-esteem?

I will take that any day of the week.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

If we can upgrade that to a case of Hooegaarden, sounds like a fun weekend.

Black Stormy
Apr 1, 2003

bunnielab posted:

I will take that any day of the week.

I'd let him keep the Natty, I just want the BJ.

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

walrusman posted:

Why yes. Yes you can. :smug:

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006
I'm not wearing any pants. Film at 11!

walrusman posted:

:siren: College freshman spotted. :siren:

I'm not a college freshman, and I liked those grips too...

And there is nothing at all wrong with Natty and blojobs from self-hating chubby girls :colbert:

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

Sure there is. The Natty.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Otto Skorzeny posted:

Sure there is. The Natty.

Yeah, when Budweiser is a step up, you're slumming it too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch

B4Ctom1 posted:

nope:
http://www.tnwfirearms.com/guns_m230.shtml

It is, without a doubt, tactilol but for $699 (as an add on kit to YOUR 1919). I don't see anyone else offering belt fed anything like it in this price range and caliber. I will pistol whip anyone that tries to tell me poo poo about a shrike or belt fed semi auto MG34.

Oh and there is this:

I am a big guy. I packed M60's and ammo. This thing is pure rock and roll in civilian version that nothing else can touch. I think it would be a blast on USA national family waste ammo day (aka Thanksgiving).
[/quote]

Forwarded the link to my uncle to vomit over. He's into the 1919 scene.