Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChauchetRedemption
Sep 11, 2001

Were not accustomed to occupying defensive positions. Its destructive to morale.

So basically what thay are saying is if I taped one to each hand. I would turn into this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

quote:

The 911 designation isnít for the emergency call, itís to remind its user of the enemy we face, the war we fight, and the heroes who fight it! With the subdued 9/11 Tribute limited edition nomenclature on itís blade, the operator carries with him a visible reminder of the Americans lost and the heroic efforts of those who take arms in defense of liberty

As I started reading this my interest in the knife went from 100 to 0 in like a nanosecond.

Well not the mention that entire site and paragraph is loving :wtf:

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

TactiFUCKYEAH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX7vwivR6cE

Young Freud
Nov 25, 2006

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

TactiFUCKYEAH

If that guy gets the kinks worked out of it, he needs to market that to the military as an active protection system for armored vehicles. It would be more effective than the two drum-fed AA-12 combo we've been seeing being marketed for that role, not to mention lighter weight, more ammunition, and smaller sized.

ChauchetRedemption
Sep 11, 2001

Were not accustomed to occupying defensive positions. Its destructive to morale.

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

TactiFUCKYEAH

This was in the related column

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_nryuspdlA

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

When I shit I like to scream "WORSHIP THE GOD EMPEROR ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE." Mom hates it.

I'm convinced Dark ops knives are run by the dwarves from Oglaf.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

cat with hands posted:

I'm convinced Dark ops knives are run by the dwarves from Oglaf.

AND AT NIGHT, IT COMES ALIVE AND FUCKS YOUR WIFE!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Magnum1371 posted:

This was in the related column

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_nryuspdlA

So I'm assuming this guy blew all his money on this little toy of his and a bunch of ammo to piss through like it's cool, and he couldn't afford to get an optic or some sort of aiming device. :golfclap:

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Polemides posted:

So I'm assuming this guy blew all his money on this little toy of his and a bunch of ammo to piss through like it's cool, and he couldn't afford to get an optic or some sort of aiming device. :golfclap:

Reference comment made in Mishaco's Uzi thread about sight being unnecessary for rockin' and rollin'.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Well he didn't even get tracers so I don't know what the gently caress. Also, sights are useful for having a point of reference before you open up, re-acquiring your target, or acquiring a new target.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Mar 17, 2010

ChauchetRedemption
Sep 11, 2001

It was probably just a Demo video

BaronW
Apr 16, 2007

Why yes, I HAVE seen uhaul.jpg

:byodame: It's only designed for spraying from the hip!

BaronW fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Mar 17, 2010

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

After further review of this "Shrike", I believe we should get the inventors a couple government grants so they can hammer out the niggly bits, and then get around to issuing them enmasse to infantry and other front line units.

ChauchetRedemption
Sep 11, 2001

BaronW posted:

:byodame: It's only designed for spraying from the hip!

I don't see a shoulder thing that flips up :colbert:

Young Freud
Nov 25, 2006

Polemides posted:

After further review of this "Shrike", I believe we should get the inventors a couple government grants so they can hammer out the niggly bits, and then get around to issuing them enmasse to infantry and other front line units.

Well, I think the main inventor is dead, as I believe the Shrike was one of Eugene Stoner's brainchildren. Even if he didn't have a hand in it's creation, I know that the upper receiver is heavily influenced from the Stoner 63.

I'm frankly surprised the Marines didn't even consider it during the recent IAR bullshit, considering they wanted something that had the same footprint and format of an AR but would replace the SAW. The belt-fed operation and the ability to upgrade from existing AR stores puts it ahead of the IAR contestants in my book. Reliability, however, does still need to be determined.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

I'm not talking about replacing the M249 with the Shrike. I'm talking about replacing the M4/M16A4. The M249 should be replaced by the M240 because that'd be pretty :krad:

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Dark Ops posted:

real-time escape and evasion activities

As opposed to... turn-based escape and evasion activities maybe?

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Polemides posted:

What's stupid is that the Shrike comes with irons, so I don't know what his deal is.

AntiTank
Oct 25, 2005

Craptacular posted:

What's stupid is that the Shrike comes with irons, so I don't know what his deal is.

Walking fire with tracers :rock:

Angry Guacamole
Dec 2, 2007

Oh God run away

joehonkie posted:

You could link it up to a whole backpack of bullets. It would be like one of those old Entertech squirtguns, only with bullets!

Magnum1371 posted:

It could be done

Oh god, why do you all tempt me by saying these things. I could even use it for concealed carry, a purse can hold a good bunch of bullets in it.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Angry Guacamole posted:

Oh god, why do you all tempt me by saying these things. I could even use it for concealed carry, a purse can hold a good bunch of bullets in it.

I don't think a mugger would gently caress with a woman who had a belt of MG rounds coming out of her purse and going into her coat somewhere.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

chairface posted:

I don't think a mugger would gently caress with a woman who had a belt of MG rounds coming out of her purse and going into her coat somewhere.

I'm pretty sure that's the point.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

chairface posted:

You seen the price of ammo lately? And that purse is full of it.

2pint
Dec 3, 2004

Craptacular posted:

Here's what I don't get...

There have been belt-fed M-16/ Armalite variants for decades - If such a thing is really viable in the battlefield, why isn't it being used there now?

FN/Bushmaster SCAR, XM8 - have gas systems/actions engineered for multiple roles and can swap barrels easily. Even if the piston-AR is constructed so the barrel can be swapped easily, is the receiver and carrier group strong enough to handle the sustained fire that a SAW sometimes needs to produce?

I remember seeing something about an HK 416 belt-fed variant that have been undergoing testing with Marines as a light SAW - that was several years ago, and to my awareness, hasn't been adopted.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

2pint posted:

There have been belt-fed M-16/ Armalite variants for decades - If such a thing is really viable in the battlefield, why isn't it being used there now?

FN/Bushmaster SCAR, XM8 - have gas systems/actions engineered for multiple roles and can swap barrels easily. Even if the piston-AR is constructed so the barrel can be swapped easily, is the receiver and carrier group strong enough to handle the sustained fire that a SAW sometimes needs to produce?

I remember seeing something about an HK 416 belt-fed variant that have been undergoing testing with Marines as a light SAW - that was several years ago, and to my awareness, hasn't been adopted.

Not to derail this into a JA2 discussion, a lot of the various efforts at this sort of idea do wind up in JA2 1.13. The MG36 is probably the best of them, although JA2 doesn't include the whole "beta-c mags actually being sorta problematic to actually use" detail.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

2pint posted:

Why are you starting from the assumption that it is viable?

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

2pint posted:

Ares' unproven claims of foreign military contracts notwithstanding, the only reason for a Shrike is so people who own transferable M16s can have a belt-fed. There's no reason to shoehorn a beltfed mechanism into an M16 if you're not limited to using an M16 receiver as a starting point.

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

DarkOps Knives posted:

The 911 designation isnít for the emergency call, itís to remind its user of the enemy we face, the war we fight, and the heroes who fight it! With the subdued 9/11 Tribute limited edition nomenclature on itís blade, the operator carries with him a visible reminder of the Americans lost and the heroic efforts of those who take arms in defense of liberty. Blade design offers a combination spear/tanto point with the best attributes of both. CTV2ô steel, an intimidating blade length in excess of eight inches, hollow grind and v-chisel sharpened edge make the Interceptor 911 an incredibly effective fighting tool. The Interceptor 911 E&E offers further enhancements for real-time escape and evasion activities. It includes a patent pending Splitter Hiltô which provides for cutting away harnesses and overhead cables. Backsaw is optimized for cutting through plexiglass aircraft canopies or helo windows. The choil-notch doubles as both a bottle opener and peacemaker-itsí deployment and use is a great bar fight deterrent in exotic third world locales. Extended serrations aid underwater cutting efforts. Hilt ports provide additional attachment points for paracord in survival situations. Window-breaker in pommel. Notch design allows prybar style mechanical advantage for entry through aluminum vehicle rooftops. Expander tip provides expanded entry-wound channel. Like all Dark Ops blades, the CTV2ô steel will last for decades! The most advanced fixed blade fighter in service today. 100% made in America! Black Titanium CarboNitride (TiCN) vacuum deposited finish.

This sounds like the official knife of Glenn Beck fans. :v:

Angry Guacamole
Dec 2, 2007

Oh God run away

Internet Wizard posted:

I'm pretty sure that's the point.

Pretty much this, yeah. Though I was going for one of TFR's venial sins, concealed carry in the purse. I think it'd be hilarious to see, though. Pull the gun, drop the purse, and have a belt of bullets trailing down in to it.

Lathespin.gif
May 19, 2005

Pillbug

...Did someone say purse carry?

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

CougarsWrath posted:

:ssh: No one will ever suspect...

Just Joe
Dec 31, 2008

DARK OPERATIONS TACTICAL KNIVES posted:

With the subdued 9/11 Tribute limited edition nomenclature on itís blade...

There are many things about that knife. Subdued is not one of them.

DARK OPERATIONS TACTICAL KNIVES posted:

...Like all Dark Ops blades, the CTV2ô steel will last for decades!

That's much better than the biodegradeable steel used in most other knives.

Ninjalicious
Feb 21, 2010

Dannywilson posted:

AND AT NIGHT, IT COMES ALIVE AND FUCKS YOUR WIFE!

Funny. I just read that.

Belt fed shot-machine-gun is sick.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

oddspelling posted:

KnifeSpoon II: The Revenge

Coming this summer

Coming this summer all right. I'm hoping to get some camping in and want one of these things. What's a reliable site for ordering one of these? Like, an exactish copy of the above knife. Cabela's (second on a google search) gave me this but it doesn't have the TACTICAL OPERATOR HIGH SPEED LODRAG cache that the corkscrew gives the first example.

To keep on topic here is a tactical battle insertion operator rifle of some kind:

I don't know anything about guns except that utilikilts are apparently not proper range attire so I sincerely hope the above fits the bill

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

CougarsWrath posted:

this is hilarious and I've just ordered my one for my wife

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Coming this summer all right. I'm hoping to get some camping in and want one of these things. What's a reliable site for ordering one of these? Like, an exactish copy of the above knife. Cabela's (second on a google search) gave me this but it doesn't have the TACTICAL OPERATOR HIGH SPEED LODRAG cache that the corkscrew gives the first example.

Target has them.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Faerunner posted:

Target has them.

Why go through the trouble of walking into a Target and buying that when you can go through the thrilling adventure of taking one from a hobo?

Jefferoo
Jun 23, 2008

by Lowtax

CougarsWrath posted:

Oddly fitting avatar/post combination.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Detective Thompson posted:

Why go through the trouble of walking into a Target and buying that when you can go through the thrilling adventure of taking one from a hobo?

Sounds like a good idea. Maybe I could just trade like a case of twinkies for the knife? Hobos like twinkies right?

Alternately please recommend a hobo rifle. Remember that alcoholism tends to result in a protective layer of fat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Sounds like a good idea. Maybe I could just trade like a case of twinkies for the knife? Hobos like twinkies right?

Alternately please recommend a hobo rifle. Remember that alcoholism tends to result in a protective layer of fat.

Forget trying to ply the hobo with food stuffs. Unlike the common homeless on the streets who almost always have no choice in their position in life and therefore deserve all the help they can get, the hobo chooses his lot in this world, and is both quite resourceful and vicious at the same time. They view acts of charity as an affront to their Hobo Pride, or HoPri as it's known in the community, and will, without hesitation, immediately set upon you with their Hobo Knife. You intuition toward finding a rifle for taking these wildmen of the rails is a good one. And as far as that goes, I must suggest a large caliber double gun. I recommend a Holland & Holland .465 'Royal' Double Rifle. Yes, they are incredibly expensive, but I would not gamble my safety on anything less. One round of .465 should be more than enough to take down your average hobo, and you'll have a second one to back up the first in the rare instance one isn't good enough. I would also recommend carrying a revolver in at least .454 Casull, in case the miscreant has any friends along that try to get you while trying to reload your H&H. I know this sounds like a bit much, and I can hear you saying "But wouldn't it be cheaper to just go to Target and buy the Hobo Tool?". Well, shut up. There is no dignity in going to Target, no thrill of the hunt, no retrieving your status as a man if you go about it any other way. Besides, any commoner will see your store-bought Hobo Tool and scoff. Do you want to be scoffed at by a commoner? Do you?!