Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

He sounds like the kind of guy who would answer "Yes" to more than one question on a 4473.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.

FullMetalJacket posted:

somewhere, there's a decent rifle under all that crap

For sure, but I'll bet there's not a 922(r) compliant rifle under all that crap.

Fang
Jul 9, 2001
If you don't think ponderous, clumsy sentence structure loaded with hamfisted thesaurus wankery makes good writing, you're probably just too dumb to read my posts.

/r/iamverysmart

Am I the only one who becomes incensed at the phrase, "offensive weapon?"

ReverendScumbag
Dec 29, 2006

DALE IS RISEN

voodoorootbeer posted:

For sure, but I'll bet there's not a 922(r) compliant rifle under all that crap.

It's a .308 Saiga with a bunch of aftermarket US made poo poo on it. How is that in violation of 922?

RareBrit
Jul 25, 2008

Offensive weapon ... UK legalise, law in this country is definately retarded when it comes to grammar. Offensive weapon defines a weapon that is being carried with the intention of offending the law.

Herr Ottomator
Dec 6, 2004
H AND K H AND K H AND K

voodoorootbeer posted:

Only faggots care about that stupid rear end law.

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006
I'm not wearing any pants. Film at 11!

RareBrit posted:

Offensive weapon ... UK legalise, law in this country is definately retarded when it comes to grammar. Offensive weapon defines a weapon that is being carried with the intention of offending the law.

I wonder... some of the weapons in this thread have been incredibly offensive..

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

Herr Ottomator posted:

Only faggots care about that stupid rear end law.

Nobody marks parts as US made half the time anyways, how could the ATF ever bust someone on it?

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

Nobody marks parts as US made half the time anyways, how could the ATF ever bust someone on it?
I'd imagine it's more along the lines of if they ever seize your guns for some reason, it might come up as they're combing through your collection.

ph4lcon
Apr 23, 2006

The only reason to watch...

how could the ATF ever bust someone on it?

If you do something stupid, get your rifle taken, and have it sent to the ATF technology branch.

ming-the-mazdaless
Nov 30, 2005

Whore funded horsepower

RareBrit posted:

In the UK it's intention that defines a weapon as offensive. Hence walking down the street with a hammer in your back-pocket can be seen as carrying an offensive weapon. Walking down the street with a collection of carpentry tools, whilst on your way to a job is not carrying offensive weapons.

Because the english are loving stupid.

RareBrit
Jul 25, 2008

You're confusing England and France again ...

RareBrit fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Aug 6, 2008

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK

Slippery Tilde

everything on this page:
http://www.featherusa.com/index.html

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Thank god they are changing their mood soon!

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Fang posted:

Am I the only one who becomes incensed at the phrase, "offensive weapon?"
I'm afraid so! The US military differentiates between offensive and defensive weapons, after all.

Nine Lives
Feb 28, 2008

Day in, day out

RareBrit posted:

You're confusing England and France again ...

They can own pistols and whatever else they want in France

RareBrit
Jul 25, 2008

Don't bring up the pistols thing ... you're going to make a grown man cry into his warm beer again.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

RareBrit posted:

Don't bring up the pistols thing ... you're going to make a grown man cry into his warm beer again.

Eat some excellent British comfort food. It doesn't matter what kind; it all tastes like the same cardboard anyway.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

I love that Mr. Blew-His-Bollocks-Off is going to get five years in prison for that. I would have thought fast and told them that I got mugged. In the crotch.

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste
  • Unlawful Carnal Gopher Knowledge

ph4lcon posted:

Find me a bull barrel with irons.

Retard.

P.S. a 10/22 with a regular barrel is more accurate than you.

This is kind of a bit late, but the 10/22 is not exactly an accurate rifle.

http://www.gunsmoke.com/guns/1022/10_22_targets.html

Plato
Dec 6, 2007
They say you have a monster here. They say your lands are cursed. I am Beowulf and I'm here to kill your monster.

Gtab posted:

Eat some excellent British comfort food. It doesn't matter what kind; it all tastes like the same cardboard anyway.

I thought heres one thread I could get into without getting involved in Anglophonic warfare again, but you're treading on dangerous ground there mate.

Tetraptous
Nov 11, 2004

Dynamic instability during transition.

If they're really going after you on other things, they could chop your parts up and do some good old fashioned materials science to identify their origin with reasonable certainty.

Still 922(r) is stupid, and no one ever gets charged with it unless their guns are seized for some other nefarious reason. As a generally "good citizen" you only really need to ensure compliance before you offer the gun up to an FFL for sale, because many of them fear ATF stings and if they detect a violation are likely to go into CYA mode and ship it off to the Technology Branch. Not that I'd ever consider violating 922(r)

Tetraptous
Nov 11, 2004

Dynamic instability during transition.

Gtab posted:

Ugh - cold fried toast. What the gently caress, England? English food is, in general horrible. Remember, these people lived on a wet and cold island and couldn't get fresh food much of the year - this foments a poor culinary tradition.

There are three exceptions:
1) Yorkshire Pudding
2) Fish and Chips
3) Proper Honest to God English Scones - no one does them right in the US.

Also, Marks and Spencer Shrimp Cocktail Chips were awesome, but after M&S closed shop in Canada, I haven't been able to track them down. Do they still sell food in the UK?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Tetraptous posted:

Ugh - cold fried toast. What the gently caress, England? English food is, in general horrible. Remember, these people lived on a wet and cold island and couldn't get fresh food much of the year - this foments a poor culinary tradition.

There are three exceptions:
1) Yorkshire Pudding
2) Fish and Chips
3) Proper Honest to God English Scones - no one does them right in the US.

Also, Marks and Spencer Shrimp Cocktail Chips were awesome, but after M&S closed shop in Canada, I haven't been able to track them down. Do they still sell food in the UK?

Mr. Gordon Ramsay would like a word with you...

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Captain Log posted:

Mr. Gordon Ramsay would like a word with you...

I see world-class British chefs making warm beer and bangers and mash for competitive sittings all the time.

----------------

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

Gtab posted:

I see world-class British chefs making warm beer and bangers and mash for competitive sittings all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duhbMyWnM54

Thepossiblelight
Jul 2, 2007
shut up.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=105929942

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

oh man you just went loud and killed Gtab!

Plato
Dec 6, 2007
They say you have a monster here. They say your lands are cursed. I am Beowulf and I'm here to kill your monster.

Gtab posted:

Could you think of anything you'd rather eat than roast beef & potatoes? Don't even get me started on desserts, in my opinion (I know this is probably crazy), British food is among the best in Europe, but then I can't stand Pasta and most French food.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

TenementFunster posted:

oh man you just went loud and killed Gtab!

TANGO DOWN

Plato posted:

Could you think of anything you'd rather eat than roast beef & potatoes? Don't even get me started on desserts, in my opinion (I know this is probably crazy), British food is among the best in Europe, but then I can't stand Pasta and most French food.

Shut the gently caress up, for the love of God.

----------------

Thepossiblelight
Jul 2, 2007
shut up.

Gtab posted:

Shut the gently caress up, for the love of God.

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

Plato posted:

British food is among the best in Europe

hahahahaha

Thepossiblelight
Jul 2, 2007
shut up.

hahahahaha

they're on an island for a loving reason you ninnyhammer twit

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

Thepossiblelight posted:

they're on an island for a loving reason you ninnyhammer twit

ninnyhammer

wasn't that a made up insult in a JRR tolkien book

Thepossiblelight
Jul 2, 2007
shut up.

listen man, i don't know
all i know is i got guns, and my shades are drawn....i don't like the government in my business, okay?

wasn't even directing that one at you, just be a little fonzie

derkase
Jun 28, 2008

Kel Tech PLR-16 ... ULTIMATE COMBAT UPGRADES!
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=106499337

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

derkase posted:

Kel Tech PLR-16 ... ULTIMATE COMBAT UPGRADES!
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=106499337

Oooooh orlite magazines!

Or some similar meltazines.

Scottish_Loser
Aug 3, 2007
3/4 Scottish 1/4 Loser(..errr Swedish)

No mods necessary.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Scottish_Loser posted:

No mods necessary.

Man, I would love to see a cutaway .gif of that thing in action, how the gently caress would it strip rounds out of the magazine? I can think of a couple of ways, but they'd probably be jam prone and hard as gently caress to clear, so i'm really curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Scottish_Loser posted:

No mods necessary.

It's horrid but at the same time, it's a top-ejecting, ultra short bullpup designed in the sixties. Fascinating poo poo.