Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chrieger
Sep 24, 2006

It is got toothpick!

mad.radhu posted:

Man, I would love to see a cutaway .gif of that thing in action, how the gently caress would it strip rounds out of the magazine? I can think of a couple of ways, but they'd probably be jam prone and hard as gently caress to clear, so i'm really curious.

The article says there's a seperate moving part for this. After all, you don't need a massive block of metal to do that.

These guys stole my idea and turned it into a gun. Over 40 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

It's just a Hi-pow...wait, what the gently caress is that?

BaronW
Apr 16, 2007

Why yes, I HAVE seen uhaul.jpg

Scottish_Loser posted:

No mods necessary.

Wow. I mean look at this thing:

It's like an orange SMG from Devil May Cry. It actually looks EVIL.

ming-the-mazdaless
Nov 30, 2005

Whore funded horsepower

Plato posted:

British food is among the best in Europe

Click here for the full 640x417 image.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Zakalwe posted:

This is kind of a bit late, but the 10/22 is not exactly an accurate rifle.

http://www.gunsmoke.com/guns/1022/10_22_targets.html
Hang on a sec... That article is only saying Ruger's factory 10/22T model isn't any more accurate than a custom build: "While accuracy is somewhat better than the standard carbine, custom rifles produced from the 10/22 action will outshoot the "T" by a wide margin, and offer better ergonomics to boot."

Also, the author never mentions what ammo he's using to test. Bulk Federal? Jacketed Velocitor? What are birds? We just don't know.

SeamusMcPhisticuffs
Aug 2, 2006

republicans.bmp

ming-the-mazdaless posted:

Hi!

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste
  • Unlawful Carnal Gopher Knowledge

Uncle Caveman posted:

Hang on a sec... That article is only saying Ruger's factory 10/22T model isn't any more accurate than a custom build: "While accuracy is somewhat better than the standard carbine, custom rifles produced from the 10/22 action will outshoot the "T" by a wide margin, and offer better ergonomics to boot."

The article shows groups of 10 shot at varying distances from a rest along with max ctc measurements. The original statement I was responding to (paraphrased) was that "a 10/22 is more accurate than you". I'd bet most people on this forum could easily group better than 0.7" at 25 yards from a rest with a good rifle.

quote:

Also, the author never mentions what ammo he's using to test. Bulk Federal? Jacketed Velocitor? What are birds? We just don't know.

He mentions he's using Eley 10X four times on that page.

Plato
Dec 6, 2007
They say you have a monster here. They say your lands are cursed. I am Beowulf and I'm here to kill your monster.

MMM bacon

Slyph
Jan 19, 2007
KAWAII NEKO WAIII NANI ^____^;;!?

British "Beef and Gravy" cooking is horribly samey, I say this as an Englishman. Our food is terribly boring for the most part. Why the gently caress would you look at a big cow carcass and think "Man I want to boil that with some onions"? gently caress that noise. Cut a big chunk of it's rear end off and touch each side to a grill for half a minute. That's food.

All we really have going for is is trifle, gin and tonic and some, SOME of our beer. On the latter, we are utterly steamrolled by the Belgians, the Germans and Wisconsin (Because of the Belgians and Germans).

Fish and Chips is very hit and miss, here in the North, (specifically Liverpool) you end up with crappy rear end cardboard batter wrapped around cod that tastes of frig all. The best is in the south, where you can get fish and chips that isn't cod and chips; You can get haddock, plaice, skate and rock eel.

My dad's from Southend in Essex, and that's probably where you can get the best fish and chips in the whole of England. The best fish and chips I know of? Brocach irish pub/restaurant, Madison, Wisconsin. Also in Wisconsin is House on the Rock, which is where these pictures came from.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

McCheese posted:

Hi!

You're missing an important part of breakfast on that plate.

Nothing tops Scrapple added to any meal of the day. Those of you not in Philly, DC or Baltimore areas may ask, what is this Scrapple you speak of? Eat it first, then I'll tell you what it is. Its better off that way. Or just be a jackass and look it up on Wikipedia.

I am hella PEEVED fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Aug 7, 2008

Herr Ottomator
Dec 6, 2004
H AND K H AND K H AND K

Every time I come across scrapple, I try to keep an open mind and give it a shot, and still hate it every time. Nasty poo poo.

ming-the-mazdaless
Nov 30, 2005

Whore funded horsepower

Oh, I've seen scrapple. Eaten worse.

How about battered, deep fried black pudding. Wholesome english poo poo.

Herr Ottomator
Dec 6, 2004
H AND K H AND K H AND K

Oh, I've seen scrapple. Eaten worse.

How about battered, deep fried black pudding. Wholesome english poo poo.

What's with the english and calling everything pudding? Pudding should be butterscotch or tapioca, not fuckin' blood.

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.

Slyph posted:

All we really have going for is is trifle, gin and tonic and some, SOME of our beer. On the latter, we are utterly steamrolled by the Belgians, the Germans and Wisconsin (Because of the Belgians and Germans).

Which British beers should I be avoiding, just for future reference?

Edit: Scrapple is loving cat food. Don't let any sadistic Pennsylvanians try to fool you.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

voodoorootbeer fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Aug 7, 2008

RareBrit
Jul 25, 2008

If it comes in a can, that ain't a good sign. Good breweries include Harveys, Shepard Neame, and Whychwood. I'm not sure you can get any of their offerings over in the states though.

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

LESS FOOD MORE TACTICLOL

Tactical Fleshlight Fighting (Tagged in case fleshlights are NWS)

Shoulder Fired .50 BMG!

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

quote:

Which British beers should I be avoiding, just for future reference?

Old Speckled Hen has the distinction of being the most terrible beer I've ever drank. England really can't do much right.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Zakalwe posted:

He mentions he's using Eley 10X four times on that page.
Ah, I hadn't heard of Eley brand... I saw 10x and thought he was referring to a scope.

RareBrit
Jul 25, 2008

Old Speckled is loving nasty ... I will grant you that.

Doublethink
Sep 11, 2001

Umpossible my dear fellow, simply umpossible

chairface posted:

Old Speckled Hen has the distinction of being the most terrible beer I've ever drank. England really can't do much right.

Guns:

This is my AK started life as a Maddi with the Planet of the apes stock. Eventually the stock cracked and due to the weird rear trunnion no other standard stock would fit, so on goes a tapco. The hand guard and gas tube cover are actually pretty sturdy and the red dot hold good enough of a zero for an AK. It can hit a man-sized target at 100 yards all day long.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST

voodoorootbeer posted:

Grease gun
What am I missing here? There's nothing tactilol about the grease gun.

Doublethink
Sep 11, 2001

Umpossible my dear fellow, simply umpossible

sky shark posted:

What am I missing here? There's nothing tactilol about the grease gun.

it's probably the paint job and the truglo sight.

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK

Slippery Tilde

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

Oooooh orlite magazines!

Or some similar meltazines.

I am not kidding, that is a real Betamag.

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste
  • Unlawful Carnal Gopher Knowledge

Uncle Caveman posted:

Ah, I hadn't heard of Eley brand... I saw 10x and thought he was referring to a scope.

It's great ammo. We actually switched away from Lapua ammo at the club to use Eley. The TenEx punches some very neat holes too. Nice when your discipline scores outwards.

PodexPerfectus
Jan 6, 2008

April is the cruellest monAH THE FLAAAAAAAMES

Octal posted:

I haven't read this guy thoroughly enough to see if someone responded, but I'm pretty darn sure that's a spray-painted pvc potato gun. Why it's on there, what the gently caress it's for, God only knows.

zeek40
Mar 3, 2007
Got tired of Palin. You're welcome.

PodexPerfectus posted:

I haven't read this guy thoroughly enough to see if someone responded, but I'm pretty darn sure that's a spray-painted pvc potato gun. Why it's on there, what the gently caress it's for, God only knows.

You made me think i got logged out somehow.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

PodexPerfectus posted:

Why it's on there, what the gently caress it's for, God only knows.

You can curse on this forum. Gently Caress is just a filter that gets applied when you are logged out, not something super cool that all the kids are saying today.

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress.

Bajee
Nov 7, 2005

PodexPerfectus posted:

Yea you do know that you don't need to filter out your words like it does when your not logged in right? Don't say gently caress, say gently caress, don't say poo poo, say poo poo.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Slyph posted:

This is exactly how I picture the library in my dream house.

ArmaliteSpade
Apr 4, 2008

Ask, and ye shall receive.

Fury1671 posted:

Nothing tops Scrapple added to any meal of the day. Those of you not in Philly, DC or Baltimore areas may ask, what is this Scrapple you speak of? Eat it first, then I'll tell you what it is. Its better off that way. Or just be a jackass and look it up on Wikipedia.

Well, there's some terrible childhood memories comin' back up now.

If anybody tries to serve you scrapple: shoot them.

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

B4Ctom1 posted:

I am not kidding, that is a real Betamag.

No, I'm talking about the 30s that also come with on the gunbroker page.

RareBrit
Jul 25, 2008

As scrapple is similar to white pudding .. I'd be happier using my bare-hands to make my displeasure known.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Thepossiblelight posted:

Not too long ago, I saw some horrible "custom" slide that resembled this - as I recall, it claimed to be a Colt (Commander?), but if so, it'd been ground/polished flat - no original serrations left, no markings - and wide (moreso than usual) vertical serrations had been added right at the goddamn ejection port.

Same seller had another "custom" available, which had been set up as some kind of weird-rear end flush-compensator rig - that may have had a frame as well, as I seem to recall that the slide was obviously chopped way short, with the barrel hanging out in the breeze over the end of the dustcover. Something wrong with the serrations on that as well.

I'd post pics, but I didn't save *those* - far too "Thalidomide-victim" for me.

PodexPerfectus
Jan 6, 2008

April is the cruellest monAH THE FLAAAAAAAMES

gently caress.
:shame:
*shuts mouth*

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

PodexPerfectus posted:

gently caress.
:shame:
*shuts mouth*

That's fuckin' funny.

Cominatcha!

Thepossiblelight
Jul 2, 2007
shut up.

Doublethink posted:

Guns:

This is my AK started life as a Maddi with the Planet of the apes stock. Eventually the stock cracked and due to the weird rear trunnion no other standard stock would fit, so on goes a tapco. The hand guard and gas tube cover are actually pretty sturdy and the red dot hold good enough of a zero for an AK. It can hit a man-sized target at 100 yards all day long.

i have that book!
and i love it!

mkultra419
May 3, 2005

Modern Day Alchemist

Pillbug

Kobax posted:

That's fuckin' funny.

Cominatcha!

This picture is confusing as hell. Is that some sort of extra flip down optic?

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

mkultra419 posted:

This picture is confusing as hell. Is that some sort of extra flip down optic?

The gun has a standard Aimpoint with killflash (centered above sight post).

To the left on an angle is a BACK UP Aimpoint Micro.

On his helmet is NV gear.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

RareBrit
Jul 25, 2008

What's with the 'ring with mesh in the middle' thing hanging off the back of the handle? Never seen one of those before. Second, that aim-point sight is so far off centre-bore you're not going to be able to hit poo poo accurately with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

67 and still making love
Oct 7, 2005

Peek
a
BLARGH

[quote="RareBrit"]
What's with the 'ring with mesh in the middle' thing hanging off the back of the handle? Never seen one of those before.

It's for straining tea-leaves.