Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slyph
Jan 19, 2007
KAWAII NEKO WAIII NANI ^____^;;!?

voodoorootbeer posted:

Which British beers should I be avoiding, just for future reference?

Newcastle Brown Ale, Old Speckled Hen, and in my opinion, Boddingtons. Most beer people will tell you Greene King IPA is good but I loving hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

RareBrit posted:

What's with the 'ring with mesh in the middle' thing hanging off the back of the handle?

Gtab posted:

The gun has a standard Aimpoint with killflash (centered above sight post).

I answered your question before you asked it. I suppose it could also be an ACOG with killflash but I am very tired and can't be bothered to check closely.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

RareBrit
Jul 25, 2008

Oh right ... yeah sorry, not used to seeing point-sights with a mesh on the lense

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

RareBrit posted:

Oh right ... yeah sorry, not used to seeing point-sights with a mesh on the lense

Having optics mounted off center works fine if you only need them zeroed at one particular distance. If you shoot at anything other than the zeroed distance, you need to compensate vertically and horizontally.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST

infrared35 posted:

Having optics mounted off center works fine if you only need them zeroed at one particular distance. If you shoot at anything other than the zeroed distance, you need to compensate vertically and horizontally.

The off-center red dot sight is a response to the "magnified primary optic" doctrine... though I don't know why you'd do that on an AR? Usually it's seen on SASR or bolt guns.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

infrared35 posted:

I thought the practice was just to roll the gun to one side to put the backup on top?

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

Gtab posted:

killflash killflash killflash

I have no idea what this is, but am I right in assuming its just to break up the muzzleflash so that you dont go blind while wearing NV gear?

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

Secret Ooze posted:

I have no idea what this is, but am I right in assuming its just to break up the muzzleflash so that you dont go blind while wearing NV gear?

No, it keeps your optic from being visible to the enemy by reflecting light.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

FullMetalJacket
Apr 5, 2008

what i learned from this thread, so far:

TFR hates english food, and has no taste in beer. (I like Newcastle brown!)

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK

Slippery Tilde

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

No, I'm talking about the 30s that also come with on the gunbroker page.

ahh sorry. they look like those canadian oralite mags.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Gtab posted:

I answered your question before you asked it. I suppose it could also be an ACOG with killflash but I am very tired and can't be bothered to check closely.

definitely an ACOG. You can see the fiberoptic tube on the top and an Aimpoint would have the same red tint that the mini has.

PodexPerfectus
Jan 6, 2008

April is the cruellest monAH THE FLAAAAAAAMES

you sure that's not photoshopped? looks a bit off to me.

edit: that being the offset-mounted crap

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

What about Watney's Red Barrel? Is that okay?

Drwitchdoctor
May 26, 2005

its on like donkey kong

infrared35 posted:

What about Watney's Red Barrel? Is that okay?

Sure, but you have to drink it blood-warm

no

RareBrit
Jul 25, 2008

You can't take the piss out of Watney's ... there'd be nowt left.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

FullMetalJacket posted:

what i learned from this thread, so far:

TFR hates english food, and has no taste in beer. (I like Newcastle brown!)

I think they were posting Newcastle as an example of good english beer. It's clearly quite tasty.

RareBrit
Jul 25, 2008

There's a real split of opinion on Newcastle Brown ... either you love it or hate it. Personally I find it a bit light and gassy, but a good refreshing drink.

Nine Lives
Feb 28, 2008

Day in, day out

I hate NEwcastle when it's on tap for some reason, it's only tolerable in bottles. It's too light in my opinion. Guinuss is where it's at, or Murphy's

Herr Ottomator
Dec 6, 2004
H AND K H AND K H AND K

Nine Lives posted:

I hate NEwcastle when it's on tap for some reason, it's only tolerable in bottles. It's too light in my opinion. Guinuss is where it's at, or Murphy's

Guiness is loving trash, and the only reason people pretend to like it is because it's 'cool' to do so.

Rodrigo Diaz
Apr 16, 2007

Knights who are at the wars eat their bread in sorrow;
their ease is weariness and sweat;
they have one good day after many bad

Herr Ottomator posted:

Guiness is loving trash, and the only reason people pretend to like it is because it's 'cool' to do so.

No it is a reasonably good stout you idiot.

Sam Smith's (anything) is the best English beer though

Nine Lives
Feb 28, 2008

Day in, day out

Herr Ottomator posted:

Uhh come back when you learn about decent porters

Herr Ottomator
Dec 6, 2004
H AND K H AND K H AND K

Whatever you children have to tell yourselves to make yourselves feel better about trying to fit in by drinking lovely beer.

Nine Lives
Feb 28, 2008

Day in, day out

Herr Ottomator posted:

Whatever you children have to tell yourselves to make yourselves feel better about trying to fit in by drinking lovely beer.

Dude here in the South it seems no one drinks Guiness, I'm the only fucker in there asking for a pint of it everytime.

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste
  • Unlawful Carnal Gopher Knowledge

For gently caress's sake it's spelled Guinness you idiots and it's not a bad drink. It's no Chimay but it's no Coors light either.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Zakalwe posted:

For gently caress's sake it's spelled Guinness you idiots and it's not a bad drink. It's no Chimay but it's no Coors light either.
dude if you think Coors Light in the bottom of the barrel of American beers you've never truly plumed the depths

also the best English beer I've ever had is Thomas Hardy. It took like a half hour to fully appreciate the 10oz bottle, but it a complete experience.

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

TenementFunster posted:

dude if you think Coors Light in the bottom of the barrel of American beers you've never truly plumed the depths

And I never intend to.

Nine Lives
Feb 28, 2008

Day in, day out

I love how our threads always go from guns to alcohol and/or rampant homosexuality

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Zakalwe posted:

And I never intend to.
Ireland is the stupidest country ever

how about that

RareBrit
Jul 25, 2008

Guinness is a reasonable stout ... Beamish on the other hand is a better stout.

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

TenementFunster posted:

how about that

Yeah well you have the stupidest face ever TF

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

your mom

Fang
Jul 9, 2001
If you don't think ponderous, clumsy sentence structure loaded with hamfisted thesaurus wankery makes good writing, you're probably just too dumb to read my posts.

/r/iamverysmart

TenementFunster posted:

This is utterly true. Dublin is an awful city and I don't understand how anyone manages to live there without taking his own life in despair.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Fang posted:

This is utterly true. Dublin is an awful city and I don't understand how anyone manages to live there without taking his own life in despair.
poo poo, why go through the trouble of actually going to Ireland? A few pages Dubliners is enough to make anybody want to take their own life!

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine

RareBrit posted:

Guinness is a reasonable stout ... Beamish on the other hand is a better stout.

Guinness tastes best with a shot of Jameson topped with Baileys dropped in. Anyone who says otherwise is a pussy.

Nine Lives
Feb 28, 2008

Day in, day out

BOrangeFury posted:

Guinness tastes best with a shot of Jameson topped with Baileys dropped in. Anyone who says otherwise is a pussy.

Yeah I do enjoy the Irish Carbomb

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Nine Lives posted:

Yeah I do enjoy the Irish Carbomb
actually, over in Ireland/England, they call these "World Trade Centers"

see, all the carbonation represents the towers falling in a cloud of smoke

Fang
Jul 9, 2001
If you don't think ponderous, clumsy sentence structure loaded with hamfisted thesaurus wankery makes good writing, you're probably just too dumb to read my posts.

/r/iamverysmart

TenementFunster posted:

But after you have one you have to overreact to it and punch the nearest Arab in the face.

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

Fang posted:

This is true

TenementFunster posted:

No we don't. Asking for a Jameson dropped into a Guinness will get you a withering look for ruining two perfectly good drinks.

Also Joyce was a hilariously dirty bastard. His letters to his lady friend are full of mentions of "buggery and farting". I do like A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man though.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

quote:

But after you have one you have to overreact to it and punch the nearest Arab in the face.

Actually that's a different drink, L'etrangeur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nine Lives
Feb 28, 2008

Day in, day out

chairface posted:

Actually that's a different drink, L'etrangeur.

That book amused me highly