Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skyssx
Feb 2, 2001

by T. Fine

Someone post the shoulder rig for the stubby pistol sized 870. I forgot which leatherworker does them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"

Grimey Drawer

Skyssx posted:

Someone post the shoulder rig for the stubby pistol sized 870. I forgot which leatherworker does them.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

bunnielab posted:

UUUUNF :dong:

E: who makes those I want one so bad.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,

Grimey Drawer

No idea, I just have the picture.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Skyssx posted:

G17 plus $200 tax stamp and a snap in stock. Some 33 rounders and you're good to go.
If you're going to the trouble to SBR a Glock, why not a G34 or 17L with those Meprolight ghost rings - given the shorter length of pull with the stock, they'd actually make sense.

For a non-SBR (albeit less compact) route, there's always one of those goofy Mech-Tech carbine conversion uppers.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Dannywilson posted:

Desantis makes the Uzi rigs; I know they had a federal contract for a number of years. Maybe they make the 870 harness as well. Or they used to.

Angry Guacamole
Dec 2, 2007

Oh God run away

bunnielab posted:

I feel like a bad person for wanting one of these, and I'm not sure why. :ohdear:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

infrared35 posted:

They make a shoulder rig, but it doesn't deploy the stock or anything.

This actually answers a question I've had for a while. I remember watching video of John Hinckley Jr's attempt to kill Reagan and suddenly a Secret Service guy steps into frame with an Uzi in his hand. I wondered how he had carried it under his jacket. Must be clunky as gently caress but I suppose if protecting someone is your full-time job you can justify walking around with an SMG in a shoulder rig.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Chantilly Say posted:

This actually answers a question I've had for a while. I remember watching video of John Hinckley Jr's attempt to kill Reagan and suddenly a Secret Service guy steps into frame with an Uzi in his hand. I wondered how he had carried it under his jacket. Must be clunky as gently caress but I suppose if protecting someone is your full-time job you can justify walking around with an SMG in a shoulder rig.

His was actually from a briefcase, which is (or was) by far the most popular way to carry an SMG covertly from the 1970s through the late 1990s. You can see the briefcase in question at the right edge of the photo.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

brbATF posted:

That is the most awesome thing I have ever seen. I must find something comparable for my uzi.

http://www.machinegundealer.com/uzirigs.html

I never bought one because I would have no use for it other than to be able to say "Why yes, I can CCW a submachinegun, what of it?" :smug:

As for a Glock SBR, I shot one once and pistol sights don't really work that well when they're up so much closer to your face.

Craptacular fucked around with this message at 23:16 on May 27, 2009

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The briefcase thing reminds me of the mp5k briefcase gun.

So what's the most popular way to carry an SMG covertly these days, single point sling underneath a suit jacket?

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Slim Pickens posted:

The briefcase thing reminds me of the mp5k briefcase gun.

So what's the most popular way to carry an SMG covertly these days, single point sling underneath a suit jacket?

Who knows. I stopped actively hanging out with protective detail types around 1998 or so. The MP5K briefcase is kind of attractive because you can deploy the gun without opening the case, but it still requires you to have at least one hand occupied at all times, just like the Uzi briefcase. The PDW shoulder rig seems the most versatile - if you deploy the gun, it's still hooked to the harness so you can safely drop it if you suddenly need both hands free.

brbATF
Oct 29, 2007

One day, they'll come for you.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Yeah, having working mags for an SMG must be loving tits. :3:

Screw you and your beloved germans, their magazines are crap and I'll happily throw the rest of them at you. The MecGar and Chinese mags work just fine. :argh::argh::argh:

infrared35 posted:

They make a shoulder rig, but it doesn't deploy the stock or anything.

This one vvv

Craptacular posted:

http://www.machinegundealer.com/uzirigs.html

I never bought one because I would have no use for it other than to be able to say "Why yes, I can CCW a submachinegun, what of it?" :smug:

^^ Which is what I have now. I want one that deploys the stock, and I realize that mechanically speaking that pretty much necessitates replacing the stock with a side-folder... I don't even want to think about what an auto-expanding standard stock might do to me.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,

Grimey Drawer

infrared35 posted:

His was actually from a briefcase, which is (or was) by far the most popular way to carry an SMG covertly from the 1970s through the late 1990s. You can see the briefcase in question at the right edge of the photo.

As a trivia bit, that hotel is referred to by stagehands and catering people as "The Hinkely Hilton" to differentiate it from all the other Hiltons in DC. For some reason the upper management of the hotel gets all pissy about this and will either throw you our or yell at you for an hour if they hear you call it that.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

brbATF posted:

I want one that deploys the stock

Why? And on that note, why did you even buy the other holster?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Behind every great engineer is someone just hoping the "genius" doesn't bankrupt everyone.

brbATF posted:

Screw you and your beloved germans, their magazines are crap and I'll happily throw the rest of them at you. The MecGar and Chinese mags work just fine. :argh::argh::argh:

This one vvv

^^ Which is what I have now. I want one that deploys the stock, and I realize that mechanically speaking that pretty much necessitates replacing the stock with a side-folder... I don't even want to think about what an auto-expanding standard stock might do to me.

Hah, glad you finally saw that.

Did you ever figure out why those German mags sucked? Follower/spring issue?

brbATF
Oct 29, 2007

One day, they'll come for you.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Hah, glad you finally saw that.

Did you ever figure out why those German mags sucked? Follower/spring issue?

Seems to be an issue with the finish that's present on both the magazine tube and the follower... two rough surfaces, they like to bind up. The working mags have smooth tubes or followers or both. I suspect there's some way to fix the german mags, and that it involves sand blasting...

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

brbATF posted:

Seems to be an issue with the finish that's present on both the magazine tube and the follower... two rough surfaces, they like to bind up. The working mags have smooth tubes or followers or both. I suspect there's some way to fix the german mags, and that it involves sand blasting...

I suspect they're just rough-parkerized. Look around for ways to work the finish in a bit; it usually involves oil and heat. I bought a bunch of them and some were fine where others looked like they had just been parked and never oiled at all.

FullMetalJacket
Apr 5, 2008

Dannywilson posted:

i just posted this in the photo thread. it's a custom rig by this guy:

http://www.andrewsleather.com/

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

infrared35 posted:

I stopped by the Hilton about a month ago to check it out, and who do I see stepping out of a limo on this very spot? None other than Rev Run.

I felt like sharing.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Pristine Shits posted:

I stopped by the Hilton about a month ago to check it out, and who do I see stepping out of a limo on this very spot? None other than Rev Run.

I felt like sharing.

Did you shoot him?

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction

sky shark posted:

I don't know if ACE makes a side folding stock adaptor for the the Uzi, but I've got one on my MP5, set up for left hand, and the left handed Eagle MP5 rig. It is indeed badass.

If I can find my digital camera, I'll show what it looks like.

They make them in left-handed versions! :swoon: all my dreams are come true!

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester

bunnielab posted:

As a trivia bit, that hotel is referred to by stagehands and catering people as "The Hinkely Hilton" to differentiate it from all the other Hiltons in DC. For some reason the upper management of the hotel gets all pissy about this and will either throw you our or yell at you for an hour if they hear you call it that.

Which Hilton is it? I live in DC, I'd like to check it out.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

SWATJester posted:

Which Hilton is it? I live in DC, I'd like to check it out.

The Washington Hilton, 1919 Connecticut Avenue, N.W.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST

kuffs posted:

They make them in left-handed versions! :swoon: all my dreams are come true!

Yeah, the side folding adaptor goes right or left... you just remove and rotate 180 degrees.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester

Detective Thompson posted:

The Washington Hilton, 1919 Connecticut Avenue, N.W.

Ah ok. I would have figured it to be the Capitol Hilton down by K st.

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

SWATJester posted:

Ah ok. I would have figured it to be the Capitol Hilton down by K st.

You'll have to go around to the side to check out the spot, it's actually a service entrance I believe. It seems like they've changed some of the landscaping and maybe even some of the hotel's structure, so look for that beige brick to orient yourself

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

brbATF posted:

That is the most awesome thing I have ever seen. I must find something comparable for my uzi.

No. THIS is the most awesome thing ever.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Are you guys loving retarded? Giving someone who can't properly operate a normal firearm a folding carbine to defend themself?

And when that logic doesn't work you're saying "BUT, it'd be great for shooting someone elses mugger."

Who let the mall ninjas in?

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK

Slippery Tilde

Dirrty posted:

I recently helped a few coworkers get into guns and one of them turns around and sends me this picture.

with "AK47 - Just the way I want it!!!!"

Drop the AR grip and stock for a Yugo grip and a Nato length stock and I would love it.

STAT1C_X posted:

On topic, this piece of tacticlolity has a special place in my heart as well:

drop the gold coloring and switch the stock for a PRS and I would love it. I don't know about those optics though.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,

Grimey Drawer

Kobax posted:

Are you guys loving retarded? Giving someone who can't properly operate a normal firearm a folding carbine to defend themself?

And when that logic doesn't work you're saying "BUT, it'd be great for shooting someone elses mugger."

Who let the mall ninjas in?

It would be a decent HD gun for someone who can't for what ever reason easily operate a handgun. For that use you would never have to fold it.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

"Why don't the world's biggest assholes just die in jail?"

B4Ctom1 posted:

Drop the Nato length stock
:ssh: it's adjustable

omgLerkHat!
Dec 7, 2003

bunnielab posted:

It would be a decent HD gun for someone who can't for what ever reason easily operate a handgun. For that use you would never have to fold it.

If you're not gonna fold it, why buy a folding gun in the first place?

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Price. The only things close are the Hi-Point Carbine or a broken CX4 Storm.

omgLerkHat!
Dec 7, 2003

I was under the impression that the hi-point carbine, as ugly as it is, was actually a decent (if cheap) gun that only had a poor reputation because the company that makes it can't seem to make anything else that doesn't wind up being a POS that looks more like a power tool than a firearm. Also that some of the posters on this forum had S-2000s and sold them because they were either unreliable or poorly built?

edit for pic:
Does this count as tacticlol?

omgLerkHat! fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 31, 2009

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

already been posted. and the jury is mixed on that one, it being a black powder gun, the blade may actually see use in combat way back when. I think its nifty.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

omgLerkHat! posted:

I was under the impression that the hi-point carbine, as ugly as it is, was actually a decent (if cheap) gun that only had a poor reputation because the company that makes it can't seem to make anything else that doesn't wind up being a POS that looks more like a power tool than a firearm. Also that some of the posters on this forum had S-2000s and sold them because they were either unreliable or poorly built?

edit for pic:

Yes, the hi-point carbine gets good reviews, let me know when someone makes a cheap 9mm carbine that isn't ugly as gently caress :D

EDIT: Well, tbh this $60 stock makes the hi-point look tolerable to me

Foehammer fucked around with this message at 21:39 on May 31, 2009

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

omgLerkHat! posted:

Perhaps the term PracticLOL should be used?

King Carnivore
Dec 16, 2007

VAT?!? Do you not like the new look?

Foehammer posted:

Well, tbh this $60 stock makes the hi-point look tolerable to me

Only problem with that CX4 stock is that it's made by ATI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 25, 2006

Foehammer posted:

Yes, the hi-point carbine gets good reviews, let me know when someone makes a cheap 9mm carbine that isn't ugly as gently caress :D

I ran into this while looking into that CX4 stock. News said it was coming out in January from Hi-Point, but nothing yet.

Click here for the full 640x204 image.