Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Carnivore
Dec 16, 2007

VAT?!? Do you not like the new look?

Boat posted:

More importantly, why the gently caress is it white, and on the pussiest piece of poo poo "tripod" ever made? That poo poo looks like it's cobbled together out of a 2x4 and some erector set.

No, they're pretty solid from what I hear. I agree with that being a lovely paint job though.

http://gatlingguns.com/akfortysevenkit.asp

Extremely over priced for what it is, but I don't exactly have a machineshop in my closet. It is really cool, though. You're saying you don't want this? Seriously?

Edit: Oh wait I see what you're talking about. That tripod is an abomination.

King Carnivore fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jun 17, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!

John Stercus posted:

It is really cool, though.

I disagree.

King Carnivore
Dec 16, 2007

Tamerlane posted:

I disagree.

Do you also hate puppies, sunshine and rainbows?

Domini Cane
Oct 21, 2002

You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day. You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.

John Stercus posted:

Do you also hate puppies, sunshine and rainbows?

Rainbows are gay. Puppies are pretty good. Sunshine has Vitamin D.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

John Stercus posted:

[citation needed] When, where?
I retract my statement about it being an ATF official. It was Assistant U.S. Attorney Gregory J. Haanstad, in US v Olofson:

quote:

Haanstad claimed the law does not exempt a malfunction. He claims that it states "any weapon that shoots more than once without manual reloading, per function of the trigger is a machinegun". When Len, acting as a defense expert, took the stand, he asked, "Are you saying if I take my great-granddaddy's double barrel shotgun out and pull one trigger, and both barrels go off, it's a machinegun?". Haanstad cited the law (U.S. Code, Section 5845[b]), restating that "any weapon that shoots ... "

Craptacular posted:

Man I'm surprised that it took six pages before someone mentioned that.

The gas tubes! I guess it alternates between the two with every trigger pull?

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Yeah if you pull the trigger the round in the bottom gun will go off and the gas will cycle the action in the top gun. The selector on the top gun is always left on full-auto, so it fires once the gas from the lower gun cycles it. Then the gas from the upper gun cycles the action in the lower gun, ejecting the brass from the initial shot and then either firing it again if it's also in full-auto, or stopping if it's in semi.

FullMetalJacket
Apr 5, 2008

Tamerlane posted:

It's basically a normal S&W 9mm mag with a Suomi mag welded on underneath; the Suomi magazine feeds into the stick which also has some sort of feeder arm inside . Even the guy who made it admits that it's not terribly practical (and then goes on to explain that he made four of them).

i'd like to see this mated to a glock, for full auto fun!

King Carnivore
Dec 16, 2007

Pitch posted:

US v Olofson

Holy poo poo. HOLY poo poo!

Reading up on this case, I take it that my 40 year old, tube-fed, .22 is then a dangerous, infant-slaughtering machine gun when it gets hot...

How does this kind of ruling happen? A man may be going to rape-me-in-the-rear end prison for almost three years because of a weapon's MALFUNCTION. All the while the NRA just sits idly by and lets it happen... Hell I don't even remember reading it about it here.

Oh sure, the dude was just an idiot ARFCOMer who did do some some down right stupid poo poo before the trial; like CCW without a permit, use a lovely lawyer and a whole bunch of other stuff, but BATFE acted in a manner that could only be described as criminal.

87 pages of ARFCOM thread

Edit: Okay I'm derailing pretty heavily here and this really deserves it's own thread, but I'm too lazy to condense it down to a cliff notes version...

On the original subject of the super shotgun, the solution is simple: use two triggers set right next to each other. Technically that would be two trigger pulls and thus, legally safe.

King Carnivore fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jun 17, 2008

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK

Slippery Tilde

Flanker posted:

You should lowball that retard on gunbroker and get yourself a sweet optic/parts rifle!

I just went AK crazy. I think I am set for the time.

see here:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2876547

I am considering a WASR-22 rifle though.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

B4Ctom1 posted:

I just went AK crazy. I think I am set for the time.

see here:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2876547

I am considering a WASR-22 rifle though.

Try to get your hands on that scope, they're rare as hell, and if you don't speak Russian you'll never get your hands on one probably, the only one I could find for sale online right now was from a post in a Saiga forum from 2004, going for about 230 dollars used, I imagine worth around 300 new without shipping.

More info on commie scope -

quote:

The day 7X PKS-07 collimator sight has enhanced magnification, lesser weight and dimensions than the widely employed 4X PSO-1 sight. The red luminous collimator point, serving as an aiming mark, reduces the time for reaiming when firing with aiming point shift 1.5 times on the average compared to the cross hairs reticle sight, and improves fire consistency. The problem of dependence of sights with luminous aiming marks on a power source has resolved in the PKS-07 sight. In the event of battery exhaustion or failure, the red point does not disappear but turns black, and the sight remains serviceable. Because range determination is very important for weapons with low muzzle velocities, the PKS-07 sight has a simple and convenient elliptical range finder within its field of view.

Edit: I can't even find a Russian website dealing in them, it must be a drat rare optic.

Pretty Little Rainbow fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jun 17, 2008

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

John Stercus posted:

How does this kind of ruling happen?
I will refrain from too much commentary because extremely little credible information is available. Yes, the ATF were such assholes in that case that it shouldn't be legal. However, there's plenty of suggestion that Olofson is not as innocent as Arfcom wants him to be.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

FullMetalJacket posted:

i'd like to see this mated to a glock, for full auto fun!

Actually, there's probably more transferable full-auto S&W pistols than there are transferable Glocks. They're still pretty rare though.

Psycho Donut Killer
Nov 29, 2000

It's All about the Poontang, Baby!

ktrange is almost cheating, because the guns are so inexpensive to begin with.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

Psycho Donut Killer posted:

...And we're back on track. Ew.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Oh gross. Is that a Glock?

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

What gun is that?

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

I think its a SUB-2000

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

John Stercus posted:

You're saying you don't want this? Seriously?

I can think of quieter ways to aerate my lawn.

WimpBastard
Feb 11, 2006

"sorry about my dick"

dans
Nov 30, 2004

Grimey Drawer

WimpBastard posted:

Is that a PPSh-41???

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

dans posted:

Is that a PPSh-41???

ya but I dont think the poo poo is attached

King Carnivore
Dec 16, 2007

dans posted:

Is that a PPSh-41???

Yes.

I'm just guessing here, but I'd bet it was taken off a dead Iraqi.

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

John Stercus posted:

Yes.

I'm just guessing here, but I'd bet it was taken off a dead Iraqi.

Probably just found imo, I think most insurgents would prefer an AK.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

Woo WOO, Look a Parrot...
LOOK AT IT!

I still want one so I can shoot x25 faster

Akimbo with my TT33 and CZ52 isn't satisfying my waste-lust

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER

I hope that the Mutant Chronicles movie is worth my high-school memories and that it has that over/under pump shotgun:

(click for big)

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

If you look closely you can see that at least the VFG is attached with zip ties or maybe paracord.

Kennebago
Nov 12, 2007

van de schande is bevrijd
hij die met walkuren rijd

Scarecrow411 posted:

I hope that the Mutant Chronicles movie is worth my high-school memories and that it has that over/under pump shotgun:

(click for big)
More effective?

Kennebago fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jun 18, 2008

Joker23
Aug 3, 2000

Forum Veteran

This is from a movie, but it's the first thing I thought of after the double shotgun above.

Reggie and his 4 barreled shotgun.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Whatever dude...

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/hamck.htm

dans
Nov 30, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Wow, we're moving into early Richard Gatling territory.

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

WimpBastard posted:

looks like the original stock got the cut too, it's pretty short there.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

I prefer mine more Jerry riged.

King Carnivore
Dec 16, 2007

JEEVES420 posted:

I prefer mine more Jerry riged.

I prefer mine big bore.

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK

Slippery Tilde

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

WimpBastard posted:

safety wire can hold the gently caress out of things when properly used

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

B4Ctom1 posted:

safety wire can hold the gently caress out of things when properly used

Impressive.

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

Well here are some new ones!

From M4Carbine.net

I think that is an 870 under there.

Top is an M14 in a Sage stock bottom is a Norinco all tacti-crapped up.

Yeah this is the more money than sense picture. M1A tacti-lol'ed up with what looks like a cold steel tanto and a stipple gripped glock.

I guess this one is for shooting moon rabbits or something.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Just saw this monster on rimfirecentral:

King Carnivore
Dec 16, 2007

Oh my dear god.

I'm pretty sure that wins the thread. Nothing could be uglier than that abomination.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Dagon posted:

Just saw this monster on rimfirecentral:

This is a .22, right? Would the bullet even reach as far as the scope can? I like how it has backup iron sights, though. Hell, I kind of like it. I could rob a convenience store with it and never fire a shot, the cashier would die from laughter and the police would be baffled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Ottomator
Dec 6, 2004
H AND K H AND K H AND K

It almost makes sense, if you think that since there's no cheekweld anyway, he just wants to be able to use the scope sitting up in a chair at the bench.