Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

I had almost forgot about this one until today when I was looking for Saiga bullet guides and found it on the dinzagarms page.

Holy poo poo! The Ruinous Powers are operating in Iraq!

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

infrared35 posted:

lol is that surefire attached by a wire to the grip?

also i would pay untold sums of money for that saiga.

Guy Innagorillasuit
Jul 24, 2009

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

I had almost forgot about this one until today when I was looking for Saiga bullet guides and found it on the dinzagarms page.

Perfect for defending the tattoo parlour and/or head shop the owner obviously spends most of his time in.

ShaiHulud
Dec 31, 2007

The owner spends most of his time in a woefully understaffed machine shop.

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

infrared35 posted:

WTF?! That tac-light is just sitting there!

amateur economist
Nov 12, 2007

by Ozmaugh

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

If it was danzigarms instead of dinzag, I would pretty much reverse my opinion of that gun

televiper
Feb 12, 2007

WE'RE ONTO YOU.

oddspelling posted:

no no, you see, it's attached to the grip via a long length of then material that, when you shoot, SURELY won't make the same noise as a ruler held against a desk and thacked. With attendant vibration.

doioioioioioioioioioioioing

televiper fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Sep 23, 2009

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

oddspelling posted:

Yeah, it's an older light and it needs a special mount adapter which I don't have, so it's just held in place by the light's pressure switch.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

<>

I like turtles fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Sep 29, 2020

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Cyrano4747 posted:

Adjustable LOP for shooting in different types of clothing or from different positions?

Still, I find the idea that he turned a m44 into a "sniper" rifle hilarious. I'd love to see that thing put in a shooting sled and compared to even a bone stock Rem 700.
My M44 does about 1.5" MOA and a friend has one that does about .75, both over iron sights.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

GWBBQ posted:

My M44 does about 1.5" MOA and a friend has one that does about .75, both over iron sights.

With what ammo at what range how many shots in a group no it doesn't

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

Otto Skorzeny posted:

My boss has been reloading specifically for his Finn Mosin, it is impressively accurate. There is nothing inherently wrong with the M44 design that would prevent it from being capable of the amazing feats GWBBQ describes. I just don't think that most people are willing to go to the lengths it takes to get that accuracy, on top of either getting lucky, or searching for a gun capable of doing so.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

ChlorineTrifluoride posted:

There is nothing inherently wrong with the M44 design that would prevent it from being capable of the amazing feats GWBBQ describes.

How about the bayonet cantilevered off the end of it

There are a zillion reasons why a Finn Mosin, especially a M28/30 or an M39, will be more accurate than an M44, and roughly as many to believe an M44 may produce impressive 3 shot groups (likely with 'fliers' discounted) but will not perform especially well when measured more thoroughly, and in 10-shot groups.

For what it's worth, I know from experience that a M91/59 or M38 in good condition can be made relatively mechanically accurate (assuming a good bore headspace etc. to begin with - in this regard a counterbored M38 will generally do better than one with an intact muzzle that is likely worn to poo poo) by using a laminate stock, shimming the action and optionally installing a pressure pad at the harmonic point on the barrel, and more practically accurate by shimming the trigger and installing a forward scope (all of this non-destructively, obviously a gunsmith could do better but why bother).

Skyssx
Feb 2, 2001

by T. Fine

Otto Skorzeny posted:

(all of this non-destructively, obviously a gunsmith could do better but why bother).

Because milsurp is cheaper than modern rifles! :downs:

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

Otto Skorzeny posted:

How about the bayonet cantilevered off the end of it

If I remember correctly resolving this just requires you adjust the front sight.

My point wasn't that anyone who picks up an M44 can shoot it in an Olympic event, but the accuracy that you can get out of one of these. Granted the M44 the office here gave my boss for Christmas did take a bit more work for him to get shooting well, and he enjoys shooting the Finn a lot more now, but it was still surprisingly accurate.

AntiTank
Oct 25, 2005

I like turtles posted:

Sorry, no scope on it - not a sniper rifle.

Angry Guacamole
Dec 2, 2007

Oh God run away

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

Mother of God. I would unironically display that above my fireplace mantle and possibly get one in synthetic and another in wood for range trips if I weren't poor, and I don't care who knows it.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

Angry Guacamole posted:

Mother of God. I would unironically display that above my fireplace mantle and possibly get one in synthetic and another in wood for range trips if I weren't poor, and I don't care who knows it.

It has brothers and sisters floating around too.

I believe this one was listed in a gunbroker auction once.

Unskilled Labour
Jul 23, 2009

AntiTank posted:

Sorry, no scope on it - not a sniper rifle.

I think 500 Soviet soldiers would disagree with you.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

...mom?

ChauchetRedemption
Sep 11, 2001

Were not accustomed to occupying defensive positions. Its destructive to morale.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

This is the type of poo poo they should be showing when the media talks about evil rifles. Not some Fudds hunting rifle.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Otto Skorzeny posted:

Surplus and Wolf ammo, 100 yards, 5 shot groups. Mine might have been a fluke since I've only taken it to the range once, but my friend has consistently gotten 3/4" groups. The rifles were both in near-perfect condition when we got them, and the lack of any dings or scuffs leads me to believe that they were both unissued before being put into storage. I'll get video and pictures next time we're at the range.

Last time at the range, we were shaking up soda cans and putting them out at about 100-110 yards and we blasted through a few cases of 12 with only my first shot missing.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

<>

I like turtles fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Sep 29, 2020

AntiTank
Oct 25, 2005

I like turtles posted:

The rifle Simo Häyhä, indisputably a sniper, used for making his 505 confirmed Soviet kills, is necessarily a sniper rifle.

Just because all those other pussies need optics doesn't mean you need them to be a sniper. :black101:

Look at you, defending that gay rear end mosin :rolleyes:

The Eyes Have It
Feb 9, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

Now I know what modern-day cultists hoard in their secret lairs instead of old-school ceremonial daggers and junk.

eine dose socken
Mar 9, 2008

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

Sorry to break the mood here, but that is the most tasteless tacky poo poo i've seen in ages. And that woman, god.

Tmavomodry
Jun 2, 2008

Professionals have standards. Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Major Topfenstrudel posted:

Sorry to break the mood here, but that is the most tasteless tacky poo poo i've seen in ages. And that woman, god.

Wait, you weren't talking about the woman?

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

I wonder if they could do that to a Hi-Point carbine....

Angry Guacamole
Dec 2, 2007

Oh God run away

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that woman and would absolutely wreck it given half a chance. :colbert:

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

Angry Guacamole posted:

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that woman and would absolutely wreck it given half a chance. :colbert:

really?

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.

I like turtles posted:

The rifle Simo Häyhä, indisputably a sniper, used for making his 505 confirmed Soviet kills, is necessarily a sniper rifle.

Just because all those other pussies need optics doesn't mean you need them to be a sniper. :black101:
And a heavy water-cooled machinegun used in trench warefare during WW1 to mow down waves of advancing infantry could make the same claim, but is certainly not a sniper rifle. Body count does not define a sniper rifle, or even lend credence to the claim. Simo most certainly used his for precision kills, but "505 dead bodies disagree" is merely an argument that Simo was a prolific killer.

Viehfutter
Mar 31, 2008

Call me meow for your free readin'!

GET IT?

I thought that woman looked familiar.

Then I watched the King of the Hill episode in which Peggy is made over by a prostitute, and I remembered why.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Angry Guacamole posted:

She's got big titties, but no other redeeming qualities. You're weird.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

The Automator posted:

She's got big titties, but no other redeeming qualities. You're weird.

She's holding a gun. That is a redeeming quality in a lot of guy's eyes.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Behind every great engineer is someone just hoping the "genius" doesn't bankrupt everyone.

If you need your girlfriend/wife/whatever ot be into guns you have a real problem.

Really, it's enough to find one that isn't rabidly anti-gun and who demands you give up your hobby.

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

Arfcom find:

two of my toys dot jpg

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Cyrano4747 posted:

If you need your girlfriend/wife/whatever ot be into guns you have a real problem.

Really, it's enough to find one that isn't rabidly anti-gun and who demands you give up your hobby.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

The whole 'girls with guns' thing does nothing for me. I similarly don't get turned on by girls standing around cars or motorcycles or anything.

An exception can be made for power tools due to this video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

The Automator posted:

An exception can be made for power tools due to this video.

No it can't. They are using most of those tools incorrectly. :smugdog: