Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

walrusman posted:

That's a pretty good zombie survival kit. V:shobon:V

Unless it's the PGO Mossberg shown, in which case it ruins the whole thing for me.

It is: http://www.freegunstuff.com/EnterContest.aspx?CID=23&CustomURL=freegunstuff.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

LimburgLimbo posted:

It's Onechanbara you stupid loving gaijin trash.

Edit: Wow, that comes off harsh as text, doesn't it

どうも すみません。:(

onnachanbara makes just as much sense though :mad:

Sgt. Shaved Balls fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Oct 25, 2009

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Other than the opportunity to gussy them up like their older brother and/or correct your friends on the proper pronunciation of "Heckler und Koch," is there anything really special about SL8s? Performance-wise, I mean.

Skyssx
Feb 2, 2001

by T. Fine

They're plastic and have a non replaceable pistol grip that is only comfortable to... no wait that grip is poo poo for everyone.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Chantilly Say posted:

Other than the opportunity to gussy them up like their older brother and/or correct your friends on the proper pronunciation of "Heckler und Koch," is there anything really special about SL8s? Performance-wise, I mean.

They're quite accurate.

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

Chantilly Say posted:

I think they look cool V:shobon:V

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Chantilly Say posted:

ill let you in on a secret : the only kinds of guns that don't rapidly hit their diminish returns on price for performance are long range precision rifles, and even then there is a limit.

provided the weapon is clean enough and the ammunition is good, 99% of guns will outshoot their owners.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Skyssx posted:

They're plastic and have a non replaceable pistol grip that is only comfortable to... no wait that grip is poo poo for everyone.

People seem to convert them to faux-G36s pretty often. You replace the entire assembly and stock instead of just just the grip.

Skyssx
Feb 2, 2001

by T. Fine

The Automator posted:

People seem to convert them to faux-G36s pretty often. You replace the entire assembly and stock instead of just just the grip.

I know. I reaaaaaaaly didn't like the grip on Flanker's G36. There's "i'm not a fan of this grip" and then there is "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?".

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Skyssx posted:

I know. I reaaaaaaaly didn't like the grip on Flanker's G36. There's "i'm not a fan of this grip" and then there is "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?".

whats wrong with it?

Skyssx
Feb 2, 2001

by T. Fine

Kommienzuspadt posted:

whats wrong with it?

It's just the worst grip on a projectile launching device i've ever used. That's including 10 years of playing paintball in the 90's/00's and all the grip abortions that spawned.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Skyssx posted:

It's just the worst grip on a projectile launching device i've ever used. That's including 10 years of playing paintball in the 90's/00's and all the grip abortions that spawned.

yeah, but what about it was so bad? ive never really disliked a pistol grip that much. theyve all seemed to work for me more or less.

AntiTank
Oct 25, 2005

DrakeriderCa posted:

They're quite accurate.

Wrong.

And yeah, g36 sights are lovely on any rifle.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

AntiTank posted:

Wrong.

Care to qualify that?

HoseKing
Jul 22, 2009

by Fistgrrl

Skyssx posted:

I found my AGD z-grip to be nice actually.

Skyssx
Feb 2, 2001

by T. Fine

HoseKing posted:

I found my AGD z-grip to be nice actually.

Oh no, Z-Grips were the titties. I was talking about all the ".45" grips out there that were really only tangentially like the 1911's grip, and the 'way too contoured and finger groovy' grips that every manufacturer put out at some point. And the Sheridan broomstick handle, although that was remedied with W-2 grips.

Kommienzuspadt - The G36's pistol grip is almost entirely, but not quite unlike a handle that is designed to fit in the human hand.

AntiTank
Oct 25, 2005

DrakeriderCa posted:

Care to qualify that?

Qualify what?
About "accuracy" of SL8 or shittieness of G36 HKV?

Away Message
Apr 8, 2003

This is the most tacticlol shotgun I have ever seen in my house

I know, pistol-grip shotgun, but I bought it with pistol grips in front and back. Only now got around to getting a real stock, bought used from The Rat.
I do kinda like that knuckle-guard forend though. Add a baseball bat and it's good for vampires.

(edit) so, attachments are broken now?

Click here for the full 1101x434 image.

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Away Message posted:

This is the most tacticlol shotgun I have ever seen in my house

I know, pistol-grip shotgun, but I bought it with pistol grips in front and back. Only now got around to getting a real stock, bought used from The Rat.
I do kinda like that knuckle-guard forend though. Add a baseball bat and it's good for vampires.

(edit) so, attachments are broken now?

Click here for the full 1101x434 image.

That's not really tacticLOL; that handguard on the foregrip is a touch bizarre, but I suppose it might be useful if your left hand was cut off in a fight, and you had to shoot the attacker... ok, it is tacticLOL.

EndofGoogle
Nov 22, 2004
page 20 of 100

I was heartbroken when I tried to hold one of these (sans laser) and my spider hands just couldn't work with the tiny grip :(

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

EndofGoogle posted:

I was heartbroken when I tried to hold one of these (sans laser) and my spider hands just couldn't work with the tiny grip :(

.22?

I want one with the laser

Flanker
Sep 10, 2002

OPERATORS GONNA OPERATE
After a good night's sleep

AntiTank posted:

Wrong.

My SL-8 is pretty accurate. There are better sighting option than the G36 arrangement but I like it just fine.

EndofGoogle
Nov 22, 2004
page 20 of 100

Ah, another gem

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

EndofGoogle posted:

Ah, another gem

Ugh. UgggggghhhhhhhhhH! Jesus. I almost puked when I saw this (though I was able to keep it down, thanks to the fine ale I was drinking). This is an affront to everything good and decent. Also, what did they do, take the barrel off of a Gamo Whisper and stick on there?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us

Pillbug

Is that, or should I say was that a K31? It looks ridiculous.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

EndofGoogle posted:

Ah, another gem

You know nothing. Hell is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.

this is that reality

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

I was like "hmm I wonder what that was origi..." and then I got to the bolt handle and cocking piece and it became a soft whispered "oh god no."

edit: non-destructive scope mount though. :tipshat: I wonder what the gently caress became of the muzzle area, because if that's non-destructive then my repulsion at this thing comes down about five pegs.

walrusman fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Nov 6, 2009

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

EndofGoogle posted:

Ah, another gem

ooooooh god i want to cry.

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

EndofGoogle posted:

Ah, another gem

Now this right here is tacticlol for anyone wondering.

BrainGlitch
Jan 14, 2007

Good sir, you can't pay me enough to go to France while our countries are at war!

Fat Ogre posted:

Now this right here is tacticlol for anyone wondering.

thats why its in the tacticlol thread jesus christ i hate everything

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

EndofGoogle posted:

Ah, another gem

If I found that gun for sale I would buy it if it was less than $500, just to put horrify people.

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

EndofGoogle posted:

Ah, another gem

What the gently caress is it?

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

oddspelling posted:

What the gently caress is it?

K31 with what appears to be the barrel off an integrally-suppressed airgun on it.

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

walrusman posted:

K31 with what appears to be the barrel off an integrally-suppressed airgun on it.

No... words... :suicide:

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

They didn't gently caress with the trigger. Its graceful, stately little curve is still sticking out, encircled by that boxy trigger guard, pleading for someone to restore it to its former glory or at least have the decency to burn it in a manner befitting a national icon that has become unfit for service.

The original trigger almost makes it worse.

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

EndofGoogle posted:

:ughh: I actually had to look at that for about 5 seconds to figure out the laser wasn't actually where the label that says 'laser' is pointing.

daskrolator
Sep 11, 2001

sup.

EndofGoogle posted:

Ah, another gem

I have that bipod, it is huge and of questionable practicality on tactical rifles.

N183CS
Feb 20, 2007

MOMS WITH GUNS

daskrolator posted:

I have that bipod, it is huge and of questionable practicality on tactical rifles.

I'll bet 400 pound hambeasts find it pretty useful when shooting prone. I've heard recoil actually rolls them back onto their feet with some rifles. :barf:

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

N183CS posted:

I'll bet 400 pound hambeasts find it pretty useful when shooting prone. I've heard recoil actually rolls them back onto their feet with some rifles. :barf:

I would pay money to see that happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unskilled Labour
Jul 23, 2009

N183CS posted:

It would be like one of those chairs for old and fragile people that helps them get up. TFR should patent one that uses recoil. You could custom fit them with different calibres for different people. .223 for smaller people, .308 for larger people and .50BMG for hambeasts.