Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Pinky
Mar 8, 2002
The cave. So named because the blackout curtains I bought to keep out the heat make it loving dark in here 24/7.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TuxRacer69
May 6, 2007

by Fragmaster

Mr. Pinky posted:

The cave. So named because the blackout curtains I bought to keep out the heat make it loving dark in here 24/7.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

That 360 is worryingly close to the edge, isn't it?

Mr. Pinky
Mar 8, 2002
It's surprisingly sturdy, so far. I keep my foot/feet propped up right in front of it all the time too. I'm sure it'll take a tumble some day. I'm open to suggestions if you see a better spot for it.

Happy Pizza Guy
Jun 24, 2004

"Yeah, it was incredible, the drugs, the sex, the all-night parties. I really miss that Shining Time Station."
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Pinky posted:

It's surprisingly sturdy, so far. I keep my foot/feet propped up right in front of it all the time too. I'm sure it'll take a tumble some day. I'm open to suggestions if you see a better spot for it.

Switch it with the center part of your stereo, which has a 0% chance of ever tipping over. Or just switch it to horizontal and move it under it?

Mr. Pinky
Mar 8, 2002
Oh sure, leave it to the internet to come up with a stupidly simple idea like "switch them around."

I'm a loving retard.

Edit: I'm not being snarky, either. It honestly never occurred to me to switch them around. It's amazing that I can even hold down a job some days.

GREAT BOOK OF DICK
Aug 14, 2008

by Ozma
You guys are slobs.

Click here for the full 1277x958 image.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
What is with your desktop icons?

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

I'm living like poo poo :c00lbert:

Actually I'm in the process of cleaning up my room and moving poo poo around, including that Afghan rug on the right because it collects dust like a motherfucker.

Not seen, a Wii, slim PS2, Xbox, and a Gamecube connected to a 13" tv with mono speakers, and a stereo that doesnt work.

Also this desk is a lovely Staples desk. Fake mahogany color. I'm getting a glass one next time.

As for what those spots are, your guess is as good as mine, they arent on the lens or the stuff :froggonk:

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006

Gvaz posted:

As for what those spots are, your guess is as good as mine, they arent on the lens or the stuff :froggonk:

You might have dust on the sensor.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Juriko posted:

You might have dust on the sensor.
With how awful the quality of the photo is, I highly doubt it's from anything with exchangeable glass.

60 Hertz Jig
May 21, 2006

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

I'm certainly living like poo poo, the mess of cables behind my computer is quite unorganized. It's just my temporary setup while I'm home for the summer, so I have no real motivation to organize it. Also note the sheet of printer paper being used as a mousepad.

I just went out and bought that Apple keyboard today thanks to this thread, and it's awesome!

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006

destructo posted:

With how awful the quality of the photo is, I highly doubt it's from anything with exchangeable glass.

I would agree with you if I didn't know so many people with 900 dollar cameras that took horrible pictures. The number of people I know Buying DSLR kits and treating them like point and shoots is ridiculous. I have seen some horrible rear end pictures taken with some very nice cameras just because the owner would take a snap in manual mode at whatever settings it was on.

Beside that I have seen cheap cameras get dust on the CCD/Cmos before due to bad sealing or dust sealed in during manufacturing making its way onto it.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Prelude Gundam posted:

Yeah.. I'll probably label things later.
Trust a loving goon to have the inside of his computer case as the cleanest part of his room.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Prelude Gundam posted:

Yeah.. I'll probably label things later.

No you wont. You're too loving lazy.

Also, do you piss in that Britta? I don't think it's designed to recycle urine.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

JerseyMonkey
Jul 1, 2007

Don Lapre posted:

That picture just looks fake with the weird lightning. =P

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

^ Very nice.

Homemade "docking station". Also, love for putting speakers next to LCD monitors.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

destructo posted:

It's a 1.3mp Sony DSC-P30. I've never bothered buying anything better.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Who needs a proper desk when you've got a perfectly good door?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

JerseyMonkey posted:

That picture just looks fake with the weird lightning. =P

its 3 exposures

cka
May 3, 2004

gggiiimmmppp posted:

Who needs a proper desk when you've got a perfectly good door?

What is that dell tower on the floor, an XPS T 700R? I got one of them in the other room. Fucker is a tank, nearly a decade old and still chuggin' away without problems and little more than a ram upgrade. :cool:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

cka posted:

What is that dell tower on the floor, an XPS T 700R? I got one of them in the other room. Fucker is a tank, nearly a decade old and still chuggin' away without problems and little more than a ram upgrade. :cool:
XPS R400, a hand-me-down from somebody. The hard drive was bad but everything else still works.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
From a million pages ago:

Phone posted:

Are those 20" or 24" monitors?

Small ones are 24", big ones are 30". 2 monitors per computer, all running synergy.

BiRD BoY posted:

I have no need in the world for such a setup but I'll be damned if I don't want it!

I do operations for a prop trading firm. There's a lot I need to keep an eye on.

KuruMonkey
Jul 23, 2004

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Just oozes character, doesn't it. Surprisingly I didn't actually tidy the desk for a picture either!

PC is a self build, so has been repeatedly cobbled together from parts and partial upgrades. It can't play modern PC games, I can't say I care. Coolermaster aluminium case is the best I've ever used, and is now around 8 years old I think.

Also; notice that I am, in fact, Living Like poo poo - because form follows function and the PC works just fine, so I ain't fiddling with it.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I just got this desk from Ikea 2 days ago. I'm waiting for the laptop stand to get done being built, It should free up some space.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 17, 2008

nail
Jul 15, 2005

icarus posted:

My friend used to be a sorter at Goodwill and he said that anything that could be over $20 was supposed to get sent away for the higher-ups to sell on eBay. If you're just looking to get rid of some computers, Goodwill is fine, but don't fool yourself into thinking it's a donation to the poor.

If there's a Free Geek in your area, I recommend that place for your old computers.
It's not a "donation", per se, but it's still a good thing. A poor family can drop $100 (what my store--not Goodwill, but a non-profit whose proceeds go to STD testing and education--charges for a complete, capable system, at my advice) on a computer, but $500--about what Dell or any other OEM/store/website that sells new equipment--is too much. Freegeek looks pretty cool, but let's face it: a low-income/undereducated family or individual is not going to be aware of that, or even necessarily eBay. They are going to look in a local thrift store if anything.

nail fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 16, 2008

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

Don Lapre posted:

Is that a shades string on the floor? You should really tidy up that mess. :colbert:

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

What fun is a project if it doesn't at least slightly ruin your life?
A bit messy, but I don't really worry about my cords because they're all tucked away. I also like having access to my case because all 5 fans have internal 3 speed switches which are great when it's hot or I'm gaming. And yes everything is a bit dusty.

I'm thumbnail coding challenged
(click for huge)
I've had to splice back together almost every cord on that desk.

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

Not mine, but I always loved this one.

Nuntius
May 7, 2004

(not a fag)

Radiohead71 posted:

Seriously, how does anyone live this much like poo poo?

Alpine Mustache
Jul 11, 2000

maybe he's collecting the bottles

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Nuntius posted:

Seriously, how does anyone live this much like poo poo?

I think the better question is "why would you take a photograph?".

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
I had 320 Double Gulp cups in my room once because I thought it was funny to accumulate that many, but they were cleaned out and neatly stacked.

Disgusting nerds can have some pride too.

PREYING MANTITS
Mar 13, 2003

and that's how you get ants.
I guess it could be worse. They could be filled with piss.

I don't know how anyone can live like that though, I feel claustrophobic just looking at disasters like that.

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker
Not to derail, but I remember a thread like this a few years ago where goons posted their messy rooms. That trash pile reminds me of one picture where the desk/computer was in a basement/cave, and to the right of it was dirt and darkness. Does anyone have this picture handy?

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

what the f/2.8 is going on here!
Got some Kef IQ1 today!

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

Radiohead71 posted:

oh god the curtains

Unacknowledged
Jul 20, 2004

Nobody likes me.

Radiohead71 posted:

Look at those rear end grooves.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Unacknowledged posted:

Look at those rear end grooves.

And you know the chair squeaks loudly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

Oh god, look, wires.

I LIVE LIKE poo poo

Honestly though, the desk needs to be refinished. I did it a few years back, but didn't really spend the time on it that it deserves. I love my large oak desk.