Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Secret Ooze posted:

Which one do you think Id enjoy shooting more? :v:

:v::respek::v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

...the 625?

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

darnzen posted:

What do you mean by "anything other than being asked to leave?" You mean if you get in trouble for something else (shoplifting? masturbating?) and also get caught with the weapon?

If you're asked to leave because they spotted your gun and you refuse to go: $25
If you're asked to leave because you're a raging rear end in a top hat screaming and causing a scene, slapping a waitress on the rear end, driving away fur buying customers with your PETA sign etc and refuse to leave and also happen to be armed: Not $25

Concealed means concealed ;)

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

MisterOblivious posted:

If you're asked to leave because they spotted your gun and you refuse to go: $25
If you're asked to leave because you're a raging rear end in a top hat screaming and causing a scene, slapping a waitress on the rear end, driving away fur buying customers with your PETA sign etc and refuse to leave and also happen to be armed: Not $25

Concealed means concealed ;)

That's committing a couple of other crimes while carrying concealed.

darnzen
Jun 25, 2005

I crap dark matter.

MisterOblivious posted:

...slapping a waitress on the rear end...

drat, I thought this was America! What about my rights?

Thanks for the response.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

infrared35 posted:

I was just looking at pictures of the P290 again... drat, that is one thick barrel and one giant hole in the front of the slide. I hope that means they're planning on releasing .40/.357/.45 versions in the future.

I noticed that as well the first time I took a look at it, but then I looked at the magazine capacity. For the 9mm it says 6-8, what would that be in .40 or .45? 4-5 rounds maybe?

Also this beauty just game in the mail yesterday.

Nice and snug.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Life Before Death
Strength Before Weakness
Journey Before Destination

100% Dundee posted:

I noticed that as well the first time I took a look at it, but then I looked at the magazine capacity. For the 9mm it says 6-8, what would that be in .40 or .45? 4-5 rounds maybe?
probably has a short mag and an extended mag.

Boner Wad
Nov 16, 2003

100% Dundee posted:

Nice and snug.

Is that the Raven Concealment? Looking nice :). How long did it take to arrive?

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

100% Dundee posted:

Nice and snug.

If that is a Raven, do you think it'd be possible to swap over the MTAC struts to it? I didn't buy any tuckable attachments, as I don't often both carry and dress up, but it's nice to have the option.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019

Ultra Carp

Speaking of Raven, this is the funniest thing I've seen all day

HATE TROLL TIM
Dec 14, 2006

Nothing wrong with snuggling a classic .32 right into your side. :colbert:

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction

Holster costs more than the gun

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

timb posted:

Nothing wrong with snuggling a classic .32 right into your side. :colbert:

What classic .32? :colbert:

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019

Ultra Carp

timb posted:

Nothing wrong with snuggling a lovely .25 right into your side. :colbert:

Fixed. My Raven jams with the teeny little hollow points Hornady makes so it can go gently caress itself. Also Raven in a Raven :xzibit:

e: it cost me $50 and none of you would say no to a functioning gun for $50 so quit judging me

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 6, 2010

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Diver Dick posted:

Fixed. My Raven jams with the teeny little hollow points Hornady makes so it can go gently caress itself. Also Raven in a Raven :xzibit:

e: it cost me $50 and none of you would say no to a functioning gun for $50 so quit judging me

Honestly with .25 you may as well just shoot ball anyway.

also for 50 bucks I could've bought like 2 glock 21 mags which would be way more useful to me than a raven.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

The Raven .25 might be one of the funnest pistols I have ever fired. That alone makes it worth the purchase.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.

Diver Dick posted:

none of you would say no to a functioning gun for $50

Sure I would. I like my guns to look like my dick. Big, blue and steel.

There was... an accident.

HATE TROLL TIM
Dec 14, 2006

Hey, .25 was once a viable self defense caliber.

And poo poo, yea I meant .25, not .32... :smith:

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Diver Dick posted:

Fixed. My Raven jams with the teeny little hollow points Hornady makes so it can go gently caress itself.

Your Raven must be broken. Mine has worked splendidly and accurately with four different types of ball ammo and three different types of self-defense ammo. :colbert:

Tim Pawlenty
Jun 3, 2006

So for left handed shooters with moon handguns with very little aftermarket support is it best that I end up making my own holster? I've done leatherwork for blade and tool holsters in the past and kydex doesn't look incredibly difficult either.
I just picked up a TLR-1 which rules out any option even with right handed holsters out there for my Jericho as well. I really should use a more popular gun but I've gotten far too used to it and after over 1500 rounds it seems to be a natural extension of my body at this point.

Tim Pawlenty fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Dec 6, 2010

Schigolch
Apr 30, 2008

Did he smile his work to see?
Did he who made the Lamb, make thee?

Tim Pawlenty posted:

So for left handed shooters with moon handguns with very little aftermarket support is it best that I end up making my own holster? I've done leatherwork for blade and tool holsters in the past and kydex doesn't look incredibly difficult either.
I just picked up a TLR-1 which rules out any option even with right handed holsters out there for my Jericho as well. I really should use a more popular gun but I've gotten far too used to it and after over 1500 rounds it seems to be a natural extension of my body at this point.

Go for it man, and document the process.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Tim Pawlenty posted:

Plenty of people work with kydex on their own but it isnt necessarily "easy." Especially if you have high standards. It would probably be cheaper than buying an ew gun though.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

Tim Pawlenty posted:

Kydex is incredibly easy to work with as long as you have done the prep work beforehand. Ive made several holsters of my own from it so if you have any questions about that feel free to PM me.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Secret Ooze posted:

Kydex is incredibly easy to work with. Ive made several holsters of my own from it so if you have any questions about that feel free to PM me.

goin an' contradicting me and stuff!! :mad:

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Boner Wad posted:

Is that the Raven Concealment? Looking nice :). How long did it take to arrive?

Yeah, its a Raven Concealment Phantom. Mine took just over 14 weeks from order to my door. Super long wait but I think its worth it, the holster is wonderful.

charliebravo77 posted:

If that is a Raven, do you think it'd be possible to swap over the MTAC struts to it? I didn't buy any tuckable attachments, as I don't often both carry and dress up, but it's nice to have the option.

From looking at the pictures of the MTAC overhooks, they look thicker than the Raven ones so the Raven mounting hardware most likely wont work, then you gotta worry about hole size and the spacing between the holes. Might be able to figure out some way of getting it to work nicely, probably easier to just order the correct mounting stuff though.

Black Stormy
Apr 1, 2003

Raven's accessories aren't on the same production tables, so things like clips should ship much quicker.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Black Stormy posted:

Raven's accessories aren't on the same production tables, so things like clips should ship much quicker.

They're just so expensive :( $25 for tuckable IWB loops? Really?

Black Stormy
Apr 1, 2003

charliebravo77 posted:

They're just so expensive :( $25 for tuckable IWB loops? Really?

Well, its $17 for Comp-Tacs. Is tuckable a requirement? I have the soft loops on mine, and they work fine.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Black Stormy posted:

Well, its $17 for Comp-Tacs. Is tuckable a requirement? I have the soft loops on mine, and they work fine.

I ordered the regular loops with the holster, but the tuckable option would be nice. I'll just wait and see what I can rig up when it gets here. Next year. :ughh:

Black Stormy
Apr 1, 2003

All you would really need is a long, thin piece of Kydex that you could drill a couple holes into, and an extra set of mounting hardware.

Basically, mount the bottom end of it to the bottom of the holster, then mount the soft loop to the top. Your belt is going to keep it in place anyway, so you shouldn't have to worry about the kydex bending or breaking. Unless you didn't get the soft loops. Then you are SOL. The good news is, you have plenty of time to change your order.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Black Stormy posted:

Unless you didn't get the soft loops. Then you are SOL. The good news is, you have plenty of time to change your order.

Err, yeah, that's what I meant. I got the IWB soft loops in addition to the normal OWB loops.

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

Tim Pawlenty posted:

Try hitting these guys up. Seems like people like them and they can do one with a light for 10$ more. Rip off of Raven is what everyone online says but for 70$ and a month turn around it can't hurt to look into it and see if they will make one for your gun. http://ntacholsters.com/store/WsDefault.asp?Cat=KydexHolstersAvailable

darnzen
Jun 25, 2005

I crap dark matter.
Anyone own or have an opinion on the Kahr PM9? I've never shot, held, or seen anything from Khar, but besides the price which seems high at $786 (MSRP), it looks good to me. 1/2" taller and longer than the LCP, little heavier, but it's in 9mm.

Comments on Kahr in general also welcome since I know nothing about them.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction

Overpriced crap imo http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3362889

Wait for the Sig P290 before making a decision.

Eddie the Head
Jul 18, 2008

^^^gently caress. What he said.^^^

darnzen posted:

Anyone own or have an opinion on the Kahr PM9? I've never shot, held, or seen anything from Khar, but besides the price which seems high at $786 (MSRP), it looks good to me. 1/2" taller and longer than the LCP, little heavier, but it's in 9mm.

Comments on Kahr in general also welcome since I know nothing about them.

For the money that a Kahr costs, consider a PPS or wait until the Sig P290 hits the market and it's been out long enough for initial demand to calm down and reviews to come out for it.

I have very little experience with Kahrs, but I remember a box thread here recently where the overall impression of it was fairly poor.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Damnit that reminds me I need to still do a PF-9 thread. I had one half typed up and thought Firefox would save the post since as I'm sure everyone knows it will save your open tabs when you close it. But of course when it reloads upon open and the url to the new thread doesn't exist all you typed up is loving gone.

darnzen
Jun 25, 2005

I crap dark matter.

kuffs posted:

Overpriced crap imo http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3362889

Wait for the Sig P290 before making a decision.

:tipshat: That is one well done box thread. I'm definitely going to wait a while. I already have 2 handguns on order (CZ P01 & hi-power). The plan was P01 for defense, hi-power for range fun. The P01 just keeps "growing" in my brain while I wait, and now seems way to large to carry (though I loved it after trying it at the range). Here I am already shopping for another one. I have a problem.

I pick up the HP tomorrow; hopefully that distracts me from the shopping sites until the CZ shows up.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

I was out walking my dog the other evening, and he suddenly perked up and gave the leash a hard pull. I tilted my flashlight up and there was a really big buck standing about 30 feet away, directly in front of me. I have no idea how I was able to walk right up on him like that. The deer was just overly domesticated, I assume.

He just kinda stared at me for a few seconds and then ran off into the woods. I did entertain the thought of drawing my gun on him before he did, though, because he was *right there*. Am I an idiot to think it might not be out of the question for a big buck to charge someone if they were startled or cornered?

Anyway, it just got me wondering... what would happen if someone shot an animal in self-defense only to have it run off, or if someone shot and missed and it ran off? I know the police would probably take the gun and "investigate", but how would they investigate the potential shooting of an animal unless it was lying dead right there in the road or just off in the woods (a la Rick Perry, Governor of TX)?

Anyone ever heard of this happening? I assume they don't take kindly to people firing guns in residential (albeit somewhat sparsely populated) neighborhoods.

M.C. McMic fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 7, 2010

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

M.C. McMic posted:

I was out walking my dog the other evening, and he suddenly perked up and gave the leash a hard pull. I tilted my flashlight up and there was a really big buck standing about 30 feet away, directly in front of me. I have no idea how I was able to walk right up on him like that. The deer was just overly domesticated, I assume.

He just kinda stared at me for a few seconds and then ran off into the woods. I did entertain the thought of drawing my gun on him before he did, though, because he was *right there*. Am I an idiot to think it might not be out of the question for a big buck to charge someone if they were startled or cornered?

Anyway, it just got me wondering... what would happen if someone shot an animal in self-defense only to have it run off, or if someone shot and missed and it ran off? I know the police would probably take the gun and "investigate", but how would they investigate the potential shooting of an animal unless it was lying dead right there in the road or just off in the woods (a la Rick Perry, Governor of TX)?

Anyone ever heard of this happening? I assume they don't take kindly to people firing guns in residential (albeit somewhat sparsely populated) neighborhoods.

I've never heard of anybody being charged by a buck and i guarantee you the police would be pretty unhappy if you were popping off shots at a non-life threatening creature in a residential neighborhood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Stormy
Apr 1, 2003

Kommienzuspadt posted:

I've never heard of anybody being charged by a buck and i guarantee you the police would be pretty unhappy if you were popping off shots at a non-life threatening creature in a residential neighborhood.

IT'S COMING RIGHT FOR US!

• Locked thread