Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Uncle Caveman posted:

I'll be 56 at that point, what if I need to use the gun before then? :ohdear:

My iphone hates me and all that I type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nafix
Oct 7, 2008

:allears:

SweetJuicyTaco posted:

I miss Austin but FW isn't bad at all... I need to tap into the TCU talent pipeline :wink:.

I went from Dallas to Austin/UT to.... Lubbock. :shobon: Grad school calls.

Enjoy FW. Enjoy the Saucer.

Anyway: I think the J-frame can be carried in jeans/regular pants just fine. I prefer a holster/semi auto, but during the summer I carry a 642 in a pocket holster with moderate ease. Is it a little hard to get out? Yes. Practice. Does it print horrifically? Yes/no: It looks like something "big" is in my pocket, but you cannot tell its a revolver. I would imagine it looks like one of those big-rear end droid things.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

100% Dundee posted:

This is the same pic as above with the jeans removed so you can see whats going on inside:

Click here for the full 800x601 image.

Wow. That's insanely awesome, thanks a lot for the pictures.

That's exactly what I was looking for.

Now on to the second question: What is your response to 'What are those black clips on your belt for?'

They arent hidden. They stick out like a sore thumb, you must get called out on it a lot.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Spermy Smurf posted:

Now on to the second question: What is your response to 'What are those black clips on your belt for?'

They arent hidden. They stick out like a sore thumb, you must get called out on it a lot.

Honestly I have never been asked before, not sure why anyone would look that closely at my beltline unless the gun was printing badly or something. I basically always have at least one layer of something covering my beltline/gun when I am carrying, most often its just another t-shirt and whatever hoody/jacket. The only time that I use the tuckable portion of the overhooks is when I am wearing a suit and jacket because I don't want to wear two t-shirts underneath and I can just tuck my shirt into the hooks and use the suit jacket as the cover garment.

Edit:

Chantilly Say posted:

How do you plan to access it quickly if you need it?

By lifting up my shirt in my normal carry configuration, if I have a jacket or some such over that I would need to move that out of the way. If I needed it while it was tucked in, the same would apply, move aside my suit jacket, pull the shirt out and draw like normal. The kydex is smooth so it doesn't really grip your clothing preventing you from pulling the shirt up quickly to reveal the gun.

100% Dundee fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jan 21, 2011

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

How do you plan to access it quickly if you need it?

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction

Spermy Smurf posted:

My colostomy bag :smith:

AR
Oct 26, 2005
a beautiful collision

Spermy Smurf posted:

Nobody ever notices. It's the duality of printing thing. You see it because you know, but nobody else gives a crap or could guess what it was even if they did.

Black Stormy
Apr 1, 2003

AR posted:

Nobody ever notices. It's the duality of printing thing. You see it because you know, but nobody else gives a crap or could guess what it was even if they did.

I used to worry so much about printing. Now I pretty much don't give a poo poo. I've been carrying for almost 5 years now and have only ever been made once, because I was crawling around on the floor with my son and my shirt rode up.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Chantilly Say posted:

I thought he had a laser on it? I remember talking to him about that.

What happened to your 19?

Borrowed the LCP for jogging, just gave it back the other night.

Still have my 19 :)

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I sometimes carry a Keltec PF9 in a pocket holster, maybe my jeans have deep pockets but it fits without any issue.

I also carry, and first started out with, a Walther P99 IWB carry.

Black Stormy posted:

I used to worry so much about printing. Now I pretty much don't give a poo poo.
Fixed for me. Been carrying ~3.5 years, I've mentioned this before but I've even played basketball without anyone knowing I was carrying IWB.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Totally TWISTED posted:

I sometimes carry a Keltec PF9 in a pocket holster, maybe my jeans have deep pockets but it fits without any issue.

Fixed for me. Been carrying ~3.5 years, I've mentioned this before but I've even played basketball without anyone knowing I was carrying IWB.

haha yeah I played soccer tennis while carrying IWB that was quite the experience.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Black Stormy posted:

I used to worry so much about printing. Now I pretty much don't give a poo poo. I've been carrying for almost 5 years now and have only ever been made once, because I was crawling around on the floor with my son and my shirt rode up.

I've never been made in 8 years... that I know of.

But yeah after a little while you realize no one sees poo poo.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Totally TWISTED posted:

You are also small and lithe. It helps.

You still owe me a night with roller derby chicks!

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Spermy Smurf posted:

People are by and large rather oblivious, as has been mentioned. That said, if it really worries you, there is a solution in the form of Comp-Tac's velcro clips. Rather than hooking over the belt, they attach to the inside of the belt via a strip of velcro (Beltman offers this as an option when ordering). As a result, the clips are very nearly invisible.

darnzen
Jun 25, 2005

I crap dark matter.

Naramyth posted:

If I am wearing my Comp-Tac belt I need to wear an undershirt or else it rapes me. :ohdear:

Are you saying that the way you're dressing makes you look like you want it so bad that even your belt rapes you?

Joking aside, I don't understand how this could happen. I have the comp-tac and it's sturdy as hell, but it never actually touches my flesh. I even wear it when I'm not carrying to "break in" the part that buckles so it's a bit easier to deal with.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

darnzen posted:

Are you saying that the way you're dressing makes you look like you want it so bad that even your belt rapes you?

Joking aside, I don't understand how this could happen. I have the comp-tac and it's sturdy as hell, but it never actually touches my flesh. I even wear it when I'm not carrying to "break in" the part that buckles so it's a bit easier to deal with.

I do this as well, and have no problems. Really the only problem I've had is the belt is so stiff that it makes the buckle stick about a mile out, but it has been getting better the more I wear it.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

Captain Log posted:

I want in on this.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Captain Log posted:

Perhaps that is true. :)

Feb 19th is a pre season bout at the Fairgrounds. Bring this to PMs if you need any more info I suppose.

edit: You too MrK!

Illegal Clown
Feb 18, 2004

Black Stormy posted:

I was always afraid of printing, but the only time I have been made was when someone hit my gun. One was from a lady-friend who tried to hug me. She wasn't too surprised I had a gun. Another was when I was helping some friends move a piano, and one friend hit his elbow on my gun. He knew I carried, and likes to point it out whenever he can.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

darnzen posted:

Let just say the belt has an MO. :btroll:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Totally TWISTED posted:

Feb 19th is a pre season bout at the Fairgrounds. Bring this to PMs if you need any more info I suppose.

God damnit I better not be stuck in a hotel somewhere far away in this God forsaken country on that date.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Totally TWISTED posted:

all you jerks better save a few bucks for the last weekend in Feb, thread coming next week :argh:

Black Stormy
Apr 1, 2003

Illegal Clown posted:

I was always afraid of printing, but the only time I have been made was when someone hit my gun. One was from a lady-friend who tried to hug me. She wasn't too surprised I had a gun. Another was when I was helping some friends move a piano, and one friend hit his elbow on my gun. He knew I carried, and likes to point it out whenever he can.

The best thing is when I piss off the fiance and she goes to hit me and hits the gun. It makes her even more angry.

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

Black Stormy posted:

The best thing is when I piss off the fiance and she goes to hit me and hits the gun. It makes her even more angry.

Good holster test.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Illegal Clown posted:

I was there the first time my brother got made. We had stopped to stay at my grandparent's in Arizona and when we left my grandma gave my brother a hug goodbye and in the process she felt the gun on his belt. The cool part was she really didn't care that he was carrying, she was just concerned because she didn't realize concealed carry was legal and thought everyone still had to open carry.

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

We know what you been up to and my advice on that little venture is to pack it in. It won't work. It will all end in tears.

I bought a Ruger LCP today. My SW642 is a great gun and ive carried it for almost three years, but it cant go in a pocket at all. I felt the LCP would be able to go places i was uncomfortable taking the 642.
I have a XD 45 full sized and would never try to ccw with it. If you have to wear extra clothes at all to hide it youre doing it wrong, imo.

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Raw_Beef posted:

I bought a Ruger LCP today. My SW642 is a great gun and ive carried it for almost three years, but it cant go in a pocket at all. I felt the LCP would be able to go places i was uncomfortable taking the 642.
I have a XD 45 full sized and would never try to ccw with it. If you have to wear extra clothes at all to hide it youre doing it wrong, imo.

I can carry my G19 in my "normal" clothes in 95% of situations.

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

We know what you been up to and my advice on that little venture is to pack it in. It won't work. It will all end in tears.

Kommienzuspadt posted:

I can carry my G19 in my "normal" clothes in 95% of situations.

I support your right to do so. I just dont trust that it will stay concealed enough for my tastes, and so i go smaller. I want to have full range of motion without worry. Go with what makes you comfortable, right?

I have to wear a loose shirt that goes below the waist by at least 4 inches before im sure i wont expose my 642 carried IWB by reaching up or bending over too far. I'm more comfortable if that shirt is something more substantial like a wool collared shirt, but then ive got to go untucked, and i dont like the slob look so much these days.

It seems to me that full sized guns carried IWB at 6 or 3 clock will snag and bunch a shirt if i were to say bend foreward as though picking an object up off the ground, and then go upright again. Id have to make a conscious effort to bend my knees and squat to do any elevation changes, or remember to constantly readjust my shirt when standing up from a seated positon, to smooth out. Again, this requires i go shirt untucked, and look like i take nothing serious in life.

My solution with the 642 is to carry at about 2 clock. Shirt tucked, with a jacket that wont easily brush past my waist. I still wont do this in an area with concentrated people, like a mall or busy market. The potential danger of being made will vary by the local attitude to guns, but in my area I would expect the cops to come if the prevailing mindset type were to spot my piece.

The LCP will fit in the pocket of a Pendleton shirt nicely. Tucked shirt, no jacket.

Shoulder holsters require a jacket or vest. IWB is the only thing that i can see to get around that. Show me a way to CCW a full sized with a tucked in shirt and i will tip my hat to you.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

To be fair a G19 is a big smaller than a full-size XD in 45.

Eddie the Head
Jul 18, 2008

Raw_Beef posted:

then ive got to go untucked, and i dont like the slob look so much these days.

Again, this requires i go shirt untucked, and look like i take nothing serious in life.

You take tucked in shirts way too seriously.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Just something I've been curious about, how is appendix carry supposed to work? It's pretty comfortable standing up, but I literally can't sit down. I don't mean that it jabs my junk uncomfortably; my G19 completely prevents my leg from bending. Am I just proportioned wrong for it, or do people who appendix carry generally wear Steve Urkel pants?

4 o'clock is working just fine for me but man, I just don't get it.

Black Stormy
Apr 1, 2003

Mr_Person posted:

Just something I've been curious about, how is appendix carry supposed to work? It's pretty comfortable standing up, but I literally can't sit down. I don't mean that it jabs my junk uncomfortably; my G19 completely prevents my leg from bending. Am I just proportioned wrong for it, or do people who appendix carry generally wear Steve Urkel pants?

I think it is meant for much smaller guns. Snubbies and tiny 380s, etc.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

DRO posted:

You take tucked in shirts way too seriously.

I had absolutely no idea I could potentially even be judged by anyone under the age of 70 for not having my shirt tucked in.

I'd even go so far as to say it's the complete opposite. When I see young people (and by young, I mean under the age of 40) with their shirts tucked in I wonder about them a little bit because they seem like they take life way too seriously.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Tucked in t-shirts universally look awful unless you are wearing something else over them and your name is Crockett.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Is there a way to wear a dress shirt tucked into dress pants while still carrying IWB? Or is that just a dumb idea?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Insane Totoro posted:

Is there a way to wear a dress shirt tucked into dress pants while still carrying IWB? Or is that just a dumb idea?

Of course there is. And I carry that way when I have a dress shirt on.

All you need is the proper holster. MTACs and many other IWBs are set up to do this. The belt clip/velcro goes over the top of your belt/pants, down about 2 or more inches, then comes back up to the body of the holster. You just truck your shirt in there.

darnzen
Jun 25, 2005

I crap dark matter.

Mr_Person posted:

It might work with an extreme cant. It would also aid in concealment because it would just look like you had a boner and how could that be bad?

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

darnzen posted:

It might work with an extreme cant. It would also aid in concealment because it would just look like you had a boner and how could that be bad?

Is that a breaching device or are you just happy to see me?

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

Yes, i did over emphasise the tucked shirt. I thought it was funny. Sometimes there is call for tucking a buttoned up collared shirt, and wearing a gun. These times are the hardest to ccw. I dont like to be the one guy in a group at the nice restaurant whos shirt tails are going all over the place.

A tucked in t-shirt or polo is out of the question. That is pretty odd looking.

Raw_Beef fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jan 24, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Insane Totoro posted:

This question was asked on the last page and I posted pictures of how its done/how it looks with a IWB Holster and tuckable overhooks, seriously just check the last page. This is very common and basically all the good IWB holsters from what I understand have attachments that allow you to do it.

• Locked thread