Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

only picture on the listing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Behind every great engineer is someone just hoping the "genius" doesn't bankrupt everyone.

If can’t actually see a chambered round down the barrel so it’s not half as bad as it could be.

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

Prof. Banks posted:

only picture on the listing

Accidentally shot his camera, couldn't take any more photos.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

lol

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/850999129

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Thought it looked cool.

Looked closer and saw THE JOKER.

Now it's the actual worst.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

That graphics work is actually really cool. I didn't know you could do something with that kind of detail and clarity via hydro dip. It's just a shame that it turned out to be something that would be sold at Hot Topic if they branch out into guns.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Behind every great engineer is someone just hoping the "genius" doesn't bankrupt everyone.

Nipponophile posted:

That graphics work is actually really cool. I didn't know you could do something with that kind of detail and clarity via hydro dip. It's just a shame that it turned out to be something that would be sold at Hot Topic if they branch out into guns.

Not enough Harley Quinn for hot topic.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

quote:

Kriss Vector CRB
.9x19 Caliber
New with guitar case.This gun has been hydrow dipped.This gun is new and has not been fired.
Stock, barrel, and bore are in good condition.

$2500 starting bid.

I really want someone to do like a psychological study of what it is that makes people putting up auctions suddenly become drooling idiots incapable of the most basic kinds of grammar and spell checks and still have the audacity to ask $$$$ sums of money.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

ishikabibble posted:

$2500 starting bid.

I really want someone to do like a psychological study of what it is that makes people putting up auctions suddenly become drooling idiots incapable of the most basic kinds of grammar and spell checks and still have the audacity to ask $$$$ sums of money.

Come visit the EBay thread for more prime examples of this phenomenon.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Captain Log posted:

RARE VINTAGE COIN

Comfy sponk
Mar 30, 2007

Okay, that thing would be cool if it were black/carbon fiber hydro dipped and keep the lime green accents. :krad:

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Captain Log posted:

I've followed it since day one!

It's part of why I made the comment because holy poo poo. How are people so dumb :v:

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

These two look like pretty good deals if you're looking for a pre-upgraded CZ. The decockers have a reputation for having worse triggers, but Cajun parts can fix that very nicely, and these already have them installed.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/853429657
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/853429987

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

I've seen some strange things on Gunbroker but Frankenstein's Mauser is a new one. Appears to be an 1895 Chilean action, a Swedish m/96 stock, a Gewehr 98 barrel, a Kar 98k rear sight, and what I think is an intermediate length M98 magazine. Most of these parts don't even fit together without modification.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/859537019

For that much it better have a third hole.

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/861370117

:laffo:

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Weeks of use per roll, huh? They ain't met my rear end.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

madeintaipei posted:

Weeks of use per roll, huh? They ain't met my rear end.

Yeah, and miss me with that off-brand nonsense. Cottonelle or Death.

Quickshanks
Oct 3, 2011

So damned good.

Anyone want an underrated, relatively unknown .45 for a "eh fug it" money price?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/860333784

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Huh, looks like a bidding war started on that thing. If one of you wins it you had better make a box thread, apparently it has two separate trigger bars, one for DA and one for SA.

Quickshanks
Oct 3, 2011

So damned good.

I lost interest when the price started rising but even for what it netted and even without a mag it might have been a steal. Apparently its unexpectedly high quality was its doom; nobody was willing to shell out Walther P88 money on a spanish product.

The slide runs on micro ball bearings to prevent slide wear, apparently.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

I'm not the only one who sees a faint TOWER 1870 on this supposed 1860 Snider Enfield's lockplate, am I?

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

I don't see a "T", but I see "OWER 1870".

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

ishikabibble posted:

I've followed it since day one!

It's part of why I made the comment because holy poo poo. How are people so dumb :v:

I don't think it's dumb as much as it is "fanciful dream of scoring big one day and this will totally be the day". Same as people that get hooked on gambling because they think they can win back/more with a few more tries

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I listed an AR upper for sale on reddit, and you’d think I’d used that upper to murder everybody’s collective dogs, the amount of rage and fragile masculinity that’s crawled out of the woodwork to complain about a little bit of pink krylon.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Made me look, didn't even know I could sell poo poo on reddit. Out of curiosity, you really think you're getting $650 for that? Not poo poo posting, genuinely curious as I've yet to see panic pricing take hold elsewhere and if that price is reasonable on there I'm absolutely listing my stuff and getting out of the non-retro AR grind.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

$650 is optimistic. I'd be happy with $550.

New that would cost upwards of $850, so I figured I'd start a little high and see what I can get.

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

lol, but you really would've been better off stripping the krylon.

Hayden
Jan 17, 2006
buttsex?

Gotta link? I always enjoy a good reddit meltdown

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

There wasnt a big meltdown, just a lot of ew or lol type comments about it. Didnt seem like it was about the upper being pink so much as a rattle can camo type dusting of pink over a black base being particularly ugly. Bet it would look rad on a tan base though and I think I'll give a pink over tan rattlecan a try on a beater shotgun or something.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Craptacular posted:

I don't see a "T", but I see "OWER 1870".

I'm guessing you guys saw pictures meant for something else, because all the photos of the lock I see say "1860/ENFIELD"

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

McNally posted:

I'm guessing you guys saw pictures meant for something else, because all the photos of the lock I see say "1860/ENFIELD"

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Holy balls what the gently caress

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

McNally posted:

Someone explain to me what a Tower 1870 is and why anyone should be surprised.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Craptacular posted:

Looks like someone's trying to forge an 1860 gun by restamping an 1870. Presumably the earlier one is worth more.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

McNally posted:

Welcome to what if’s like collecting German guns! Only our fakers are better at their craft.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Craptacular posted:

Long story short enfields of the 1860 vintage saw a lot of use in the US civil war so the price goes up. Tower enfield were some kind of export thing. I’m forgetting the details but you find a lot of them in Pakistani garrisons and the like.

So basically kinda like selling a post war commercial m1 carbine as a wartime Inland.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Cyrano4747 posted:

Long story short enfields of the 1860 vintage saw a lot of use in the US civil war so the price goes up. Tower enfield were some kind of export thing. I’m forgetting the details but you find a lot of them in Pakistani garrisons and the like.

So basically kinda like selling a post war commercial m1 carbine as a wartime Inland.

This is even stupider than that. "TOWER" the marking of a commercial Birmingham arms maker who would have supplied arms for the US Civil War. An 1860 "ENFIELD" marked plate would have belonged to British government arsenal who wouldn't have been making arms for export, but rather solely for use by the Crown. The V.R. mark on the lock wouldn't have been seen on an ACW Enfield.

What makes this completely utterly balls ridiculous to me is that I'm pretty sure that BOTH an Enfield 1860 OR a Tower 1870 lockplate would have been correct for this particular make of Snider-Enfield.

Edit: The lock screw escutcheons are for a Fourth Model, which I don't think Enfield started making until 1861 anyway.

McNally fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 27, 2020

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

Note the II* marking on the breech. AFAIK that denotes a Snider converted from a Pattern 53 muzzle loader, but the 1870 date is too late for P53 production. Either someone had an incomplete gun and wasn't too scrupulous about making it look correct, or the whole thing was pieced together from parts and prettied up.

Pretty sure there's no ACW connection in this particular fakery, seeing as the Snider was only adopted in 1866.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

DeesGrandpa posted:

There wasnt a big meltdown, just a lot of ew or lol type comments about it. Didnt seem like it was about the upper being pink so much as a rattle can camo type dusting of pink over a black base being particularly ugly. Bet it would look rad on a tan base though and I think I'll give a pink over tan rattlecan a try on a beater shotgun or something.

Black over a base layer of pink actually :goonsay:

There was the one dude who called it “fruity” in TYOL 2020 and a few dudes saying they’d be too ashamed to admit they owned a gun with pink paint on it.

I would’ve gladly stripped it and/or dropped the price if anybody had actually asked rather than gotten shook at the color pink.