Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I didnt know a cat could purr, growl and hiss at the same time but there you go.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Oct 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Synthbuttrange posted:

I didnt know a cat could purr, growl and hiss at the same time but there you go.

She's just training you.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
She has a very glossy coat

Also the brains of the operation, pocket is... Not smart

Outside cat is tentatively named Penguin given the tuxedo. I tried to give him treats today and he had to bail :(

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

put up a sheet over a lil stool and she seems to like it. So one more hangout spot for her.

I've got another identical stool outside set up for Pudding for size comparison. :v:

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Oct 24, 2023

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I loev pudding :3

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He wants to see Bonbon so badly.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Kwyndig posted:

Cat friends! :neckbeard:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

gigantippy

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tippy does give off real shithead kitten vibes.

Look at how smug that face is.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Synthbuttrange posted:

I can't remember, was it tippy or luna or a different kitten where one of the cats in the house was simultaneously overwhelmed with the need to groom and mother, and also the need to hate and drive away, and so was literally grooming a very confused kitten while growling at it at the same time.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Synthbuttrange posted:

put up a sheet over a lil stool and she seems to like it. So one more hangout spot for her.

if you are low on chairs I don't know how it is in Australia it here in the states every thrift store in existence has a bunch of IKEA Lack side tables for like $3 each, and if you toss a towel or blanket over them leaving about 10-15cm open at the bottom on at least two sides they make the best drat cat hiding spots.

I put one in every room when I first got Sadie and she loved them. she would loaf under the one in my office glaring at me working all day then teleport to the one in my living room when I went there. :kimchi:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

MikeJF posted:

I can't remember, was it tippy or luna or a different kitten where one of the cats in the house was simultaneously overwhelmed with the need to groom and mother, and also the need to hate and drive away, and so was literally grooming a very confused kitten while growling at it at the same time.

its tippy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-XzXHVHj5E

Owie. She’s got a ton of redirected aggression going on wrt Pudding.

Current dessert home soundtrack status: Pudding's sad crying, Bonbon hissing.
https://i.imgur.com/CY2f5GI.mp4

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Oct 24, 2023

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Scoops always concerns us with his balcony shenanigans but there's no stopping him

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
Flashing those pearly whites

Zoom, enhance

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Scoops! :ohdear:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I thought she'd decided to go sleep right in the open when I was in the room, which was progress!

On closer inspection though here eyes are open and looking at me.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Oct 24, 2023

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Still progress!

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

She's doing very well, you're doing great

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Scoops: Moth hunter
https://i.imgur.com/AR2FClq.mp4

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
Good job Scoops.

Do you actually have a swooping bird?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pudding retains his title of 'Only cat that knows how to bury their business'

(seconds later she was screaming at the scratching post because she got stuck on it)

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Oct 24, 2023

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Still can't get in to trim those claws huh? It sounds like she needs it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

She sticks to everything but trying to get in there is the easiest way into her bad books :\

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

scoooooooooooooooppppps

is that screaming at the end??

oh well thanks for story with good ending (not for the moth obvs)

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

aw, suzie :love: tippy

hey pepper, how's life been lately?

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
Looking at my Rover drop in pics while I'm away at a conference absolutely devastated that Lump will snuggle with any random stranger who gives her wet food. Lump, I'm your mom. Me!

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
I went in to clip Luna's claws last night and she absolutely wasn't having it. Howling, growling, hissing, my hands are savaged. She'd forgotten she was mad at me ten minutes later. Still not the worst fit she's thrown, that was when I was cleaning poop out of her tail fur and she was screaming like I was murdering her.

My phone camera really doesn't know how to handle her, she's simply too dark and too fluffy.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Rokit is turning 8 soon and I've never been able to successfully trim his claws.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I feel like its fine to not trim a cat's claws as long as the cat is taking care of them so they shed properly. I don't and can't clip butters and she does just fine, seems to get caught on stuff sometimes but then just stops and detaches. I do trim Milly mostly so she doesn't hurt Butters when they scrap and Butters being pointy helps her defend a bit from the attacking beast who weighs 50% more than she does.

I couldn't even give Butters a pill when she was burritoed.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
yeah deffo can't get at pocket or pearl to trim claws

and exactly: occasionally they get stuck but it's because they're stubborn and overstimulated, eventually they remember to retract their claws and sprint off somewhere else

my wife has a v funny shed claw / shed whisker revulsion. she'll go after spiders and centipedes to shoo them out but as soon as an inanimate piece of keratin is on the couch she's yellin for me

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

tippy needs claw trims regularly because she does insane kitten zoomies on the bed at odd hours, and any exposed skin is potential runway. i have a pretty wicked cut from last week when i got in her way that goes from my thumb into my wrist

also she enjoys clawing at furnitures that are strictly designated NO SCRATCHING :mad:

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

I can trim my boys when they’re very sleepy. Sinjin is the bigger dick about it.

Sometimes when they’re older they can have issues shedding claws; my old roommate’s cat couldn’t shed a couple of his claws unless we trimmed them. It’d get really long and thick if we didn’t stay on top of it. :ohdear:

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
Rowdy doesn't normally need trims much, but he really likes to climb onto the blanket I usually have on my lap and start kneading, so sometimes when they get sharp enough for me to feel I'll take the clippers to him. He whines about it but that's about as much fuss as he puts up. Luna definitely has kitten tier zooms and also loves to grab your feet when you're not looking, so I'm trying to get her into the habit. She's not taking to it well.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
we used to trim sadie and penelope's claws but it was a two-person job and my gf won't help any more since she got badly scratched the last time. now we have the vet do it but more rarely than we should. I should try it with blanket wraps some day but both of them hate having their paws touched

neither of them scratch very much, either pads or furniture. eventually you hear their claws tapping on the floor when they walk and once penelope had a front claw grow down until it was touching the bean so I clipped just that one

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Flakey posted:

Good job Scoops.

Do you actually have a swooping bird?

We have visitors

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

jet doesn’t like it when I flip his claws and I don’t give a gently caress, he gets the snips

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

bitch

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

My remote work colleagues keep looking over my shoulder but otherwise are very polite

(j/k they have been completely ignoring me)

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Leon zonked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

That's Widget's specialty as well!