Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:WhatLinksHere/Template:Lang-ja

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

WorkingPeer posted:

Ronald McDonald with musician Enrique Iglesias, 1999

gently caress ronald give us back mac tonight

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Jiffman

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Though the word Kami is translated in multiple ways, no one definition expresses its full meaning. In this way, the ambiguity of the meaning of Kami is necessary, as it conveys the ambiguous nature of Kami themselves.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Sniep posted:

gently caress ronald give us back mac tonight

amen brother

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Konami_Code

pop culture?[edit source]

What happened to the pop culture references that are supposedly in the "See Also" section? Wikipedia is my favorite place for pop culture references. It's often the most correct because anyone can add and when someone sees something new, they can put it on the page. It feels like some people are dominating this page and not letting constructive changes occur.

Also, I don't think it's fair to call the band Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start "barely-notable". There will be people coming to wikipedia looking for information on them. I think, since they named their band after this code, they should at least be linked. And I especially I don't see why comics featuring the code are any more notable than a tv episode, song lyric, or band name.

I think this could be solved extemely easily: a new, separate page called "Pop culture references to the Konami Code". I have started the page and linked it to the Konami Code page. Please add any and all known references.

Ingridjames (talk) 11:22, 14 March 2008 (UTC)

It's been suggested that you guys check out the WP:OWN page. Remember, everyone can edit Wikipedia. Ingridjames (talk) 12:50, 14 March 2008 (UTC)

In the anime Battle Athletes Victory, a siamese pair of cyborg track runners are defeated when the heroines whisper the Konami code prompting the cyborgs to repeat the code and press the self-destruct buttons on their foreheads (labelled "A" and "B"). [2] (Can't seem to find a Google video clip of this though. Pakopako (talk) 19:41, 16 April 2008 (UTC))

FrozenVent fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Aug 27, 2013

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

literally the konami code in anime

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_life

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

i was not expecting that

:smithicide:

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

Distinct from the Internet

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_requests/File:Jimmy_Wales_by_Pricasso.jpg

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The very earliest mention of "in real life" (in connection to the Internet) that I've seen was in the output of the Unix "finger" command, cited in RFC 1194 (section 4.2 on page 10, 11/1990). "In real life" jokes were common in Unix circles in the early 90s, I wouldn't be surprised if it had spread to the Internet at large from there (since they share common roots). It was probably re-discovered independently of course, but I think the article should mention this possible source. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 128.218.15.151 (talk) 17:54, 8 April 2008 (UTC)

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

prefect posted:

then it falls into the "worthless" category, which should be the default on wikipedia. it should be easier to delete poo poo and harder to create poo poo

let anyone edit idiot-bitch-pedia and paid curators promote content to worthwhile-pedia. i'd actually donate to that, like five bucks maybe

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
GNU/Reality

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/COM:PENIS

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

highlight:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:What_Commons_Does_Not_Need_2.jpg

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

lollll

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i misread the url as "common deletion requests: jimmy_wales_by_picasso.jpg" and thought it was like a painting that someone kept rehosting and everyone hates it and repeatedly flags it for deletion

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

that's more fun than the reality and fits in better with how the talk page plays out. anytime you see a conversation branch it's some insipid infighting slaps

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Silver Alicorn posted:

So my dad is a wikipedia editor and today he was mad because someone changed his image

to this poo poo http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:OMNIMAX_frame_%28English%29.svg linked because I CBA to give it a white background

why do wikipedians have such a hardon for changing stuff to british spellings

jealousy of america

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Original_Poster

mcnealys baby
Nov 3, 2002

ohhh here we go

PleasingFungus posted:

incredible

I'm not sure if my favorite part is the intro

or the 'See Also'

spectacularly awful from start to end.

incest between twins is probably just a page about Game of Thrones

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

tbf incest is only a small part of asiaf's depravity

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

mcnealys baby posted:

incest between twins is probably just a page about Game of Thrones

wrong

Numerous anime, manga, light novels or erotic dating simulators feature incest between twins as a subject

it's just one line and "in balinese culture" gets twice the lines as "in japanese culture"

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
:sbahj:

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_Manning

:biotruths:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puroslam

PuroSlam is the only nationally certified poetry slam operating in San Antonio, Texas, USA. Started in 1999 by Benjamin Ortiz, PuroSlam has earned a national reputation as one of the toughest, roughest, rowdiest poetry slams in the United States, bringing the exciting world of performance poetry to South Texas on a weekly basis. “I’m excited about San Antonio,” says Boston poet Dawn Gabriel in a 2006 article in the San Antonio Current, “because they have a reputation for being the meanest Slam poets around.”[1]

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Sex_Party

not as exciting as it sounds

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nandikotkur

Famous Temples and Masjids [edit]

Sri. Veerabrahmendra Swamy temple located on the Jeevanjyothi School Road is one of the largest and oldest temples of Nandikotkur. The temple is beautiful and adobes the daru ratha for veerabrahmendra swamy.

Manikundala Sri Suryanarayana Swamy temple is famous temple in this region. This is second such temple after Arasavelli in which the main Deity is Sri Surya Narayana Swamy. Initially constructed by Chola Kings and 450 years old. Unique thing about this temple was that Sun rays used to touch the feet of Deity during sunrise in Dhanrmasa. Temple has been reconstructed in 1996 under the guidance of Sri Mallikarjuna Rao, a retired Telugu scholar. Rathasaptami is celebrated here with great pomp.

Hanuman Temple is another place to visit. It has a statue of Sri Hanumanji that is as high as 12 feet.

Sri Mallikarjuna - Venkateswara Swamy Temple(alwala temple) and choultry is 150 years old maintained by alwala family, one of the oldest families in the town.

Sri Vasavi Kanyaka Parameswari Temple is also one of the main temple. People celebrate Dasara and Ugadi Festivals with religious fervor.

Sri Veerabhadra Swamy Temple located near to Old Post office. Lord Basaveswara Statue is also located in this temple.

In Nandikotkur we have around 21 masjids,among them the oldest masjids are KHALLA MASJID (markhaz of SUNNI),MASJID-E-MOHAMMEDIYA(1920)- markhaz of ALHAHADEES. Few of them MASJID-E-SALFIYA,MASJID-E-SHAHI,MASJID-E-HUSSAINIA,MASJID-E-NOORANI ETC.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Sham bam bamina! posted:

nationally certified poetry slam

mooooooooods

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer
thanks to your insightful review I did not click your link

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

the talk page is amazing butthurt

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

the talk page is amazing butthurt

it's great that they are referring to her by her chosen pronoun but gently caress is the retrospective application of it to historical events ever baffling and annoying. like this makes a lot of loving sense right

quote:

The court heard that Manning was fed only milk and baby food until she was two, and was always small for her age, particularly for a boy;[14]

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

chelsea is a dumb name. xhe should've gone with anastasia

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

Nomnom Cookie posted:

chelsea is a dumb name. xhe should've gone with anastasia

anastasia is loving stupid marissa is godtier

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Marissa Tomei :allears:

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

Carthag posted:

Marissa Tomei :allears:

:allears:

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
The M-DISC is a data storage device that is said to last up to 1,000 years.[2]

The M-DISC engraves data into a patented rock-like layer that is resistant to extreme conditions of light, temperature and humidity.[3]

The M-DISC has been tested by the U.S. Department of Defense Naval Air Warfare Center Weapon's Division to outlast all other optical discs on the market.[4]

The M-DISC DVD is compatible with all M-DISC READY drives and readable in all standard DVD drives.

In the spring of 2013, the M-DISC BLU-RAY will be released and will offer compatibility with all Blu-ray drives. The Taiwanese manufacturer, Ritek will produce the discs and they will be sold under the Imation, Ritek and M-DISC brands.[5]

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
It portrays a variety of sexual activities, including "oral sex, anal sex, group sex, masturbation, voyeurism, double penetration, inter-racial (literally), bestiality (although generally with an animal possessing intelligence), mild sado-masochism, homosexuality (female, in every issue; male, just in the last issue), exhibitionism, sex with any number of devices, necrophilia (or sex with a ghost, anyway), prostitution, and every single position and combination imaginable, including some that were only possible in micro-gravity".[1]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Improbable Lobster posted:

It portrays a variety of sexual activities, including "oral sex, anal sex, group sex, masturbation, voyeurism, double penetration, inter-racial (literally), bestiality (although generally with an animal possessing intelligence), mild sado-masochism, homosexuality (female, in every issue; male, just in the last issue), exhibitionism, sex with any number of devices, necrophilia (or sex with a ghost, anyway), prostitution, and every single position and combination imaginable, including some that were only possible in micro-gravity".[1]
lol, what's that from

*one google search later*

welp, there goes my girl genius avatar :negative: