Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
:bsdsnype:

duTrieux. posted:

it's not a nickname though, it's a title

if prince harry died you wouldn't write "Henry Charles Albert 'Prince of Wales' David"

this sounds like a neat title idea for a gbs troll thread. i bet you it would easily reach three pages before being gassed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Metal Pink Babble posted:

this sounds like a neat title idea for a gbs troll thread. i bet you it would easily reach three pages before being gassed.
the babble is correct

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

duTrieux. posted:

it's not a nickname though, it's a title

if prince harry died you wouldn't write "Henry Charles Albert 'Prince of Wales' David"

i thought prince charles was the prince of wales :confused:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

they're both princes of wales, actually, though gently caress if i know enough about the british monarchy to understand why

william otoh is a duke despite being called a prince

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

only charles is prince of wales

they use wales because they don't rly have much of a last name

williams a duke and a prince

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

it's a wonder that they haven't all been beheaded

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

according to wikipedia we have

His Royal Highness Prince William Arthur Philip Louis, Duke of Cambridge, Earl of Strathearn, Baron Carrickfergus, Royal Knight Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle, Personal Aide-de-Camp to Her Majesty The Queen

and

His Royal Highness Prince Henry Charles Albert David of Wales

talk about sibling rivalry

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

they're both princes of wales, actually, though gently caress if i know enough about the british monarchy to understand why

william otoh is a duke despite being called a prince

technically there's "Charles, Prince of Wales" and "Prince Harry of Wales" are different things.

harry is a prince from wales. charles is the prince Of walves

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

huh, for some reason when i'm not thinking about it i spell wales "walves".

i've never had to type wales before so that's new

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

duTrieux. posted:

it's a wondershame that they haven't all been beheaded

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
His full self-bestowed title ultimately became: "His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular", in addition to his officially stated claim of being the uncrowned King of Scotland.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Sagebrush posted:

Knight of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle

this is a really cool title actually

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
sounds like a sarcastic bard came up with it

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
in hs my friend's dad was 'chief herald of canada'. he introduced people at the house of commons and kept a library of peoples heraldric coats of arms and poo poo and got to hold a huge fuckoff mace sometimes. cool job.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

AtomD posted:

sounds like a sarcastic bard came up with it
that's how you know it's real instead of being some poo poo some nerd invented for his larp group

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

fan wikis are chea-

ooh

Sticky Beethoven
Dec 22, 2010

i'm good

haveblue posted:

my girlfriend used to work at a newspaper and when they ran his obituary they had a huge argument over whether to print his name as "Macho Man" Randy Savage or Randy "Macho Man" Savage

vvvvvvv the AP style guide says to use the latter for nicknames of notable persons so someone wanted to go by the book

Randy Savage, a macho man,

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

The asteroid's name does not come directly from the character of Mr. Spock in Star Trek, but rather indirectly from the discoverer's male cat who was named after the science fiction character. Like his namesake, the feline Mr. Spock was, according to Gibson, "imperturbable, logical, intelligent, and had pointed ears".

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Parahexavoctal posted:

The asteroid's name does not come directly from the character of Mr. Spock in Star Trek, but rather indirectly from the discoverer's male cat who was named after the science fiction character. Like his namesake, the feline Mr. Spock was, according to Gibson, "imperturbable, logical, intelligent, and had pointed ears".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQr19mX3U50

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
cats are either full on pants-on-head dumb or judgemental enough to be a southern preacher, there's no middle ground

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY
Poklonskaya assumed the office of Prosecutor of Crimea on 11 March 2014, and held a press conference later that day.[14] She soon caught attention on the Internet because of her particular attractiveness amongst Japanese internet users,

warning: anime

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Natalia_Poklonskaya

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
In the 1950s a plan circulated of building on the spot of the current statue twin monuments of Vladimir Lenin and Joseph Stalin, nearly 200 meters tall each.[1] However, this did not go ahead. Instead, according to legend, in the 1970s a shipload of Communist Party officials and Soviet sculptor Yevgeniy Vuchetich looked across at the hills by the Lavra and decided the panorama needed a war memorial.

Metal Pink Babble
Mar 31, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

:swoon:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

coffeetable posted:

Poklonskaya assumed the office of Prosecutor of Crimea on 11 March 2014, and held a press conference later that day.[14] She soon caught attention on the Internet because of her particular attractiveness amongst Japanese internet users,

i like how the changed the main article. they put an actual picture of her but added 4 more animes

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

coffeetable posted:

welcome to four pages ago :rolleyes:

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Recurring Saturday Night Live characters and sketches introduced 20012002

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Sagebrush posted:

Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle

what order do the words go in, wikipedia

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

when did they do gay hitler how'd i somehow miss this

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Mar 30, 2014

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Flesh_%28Bob%27s_Burgers%29#Burger_of_the_Day

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Virion posted:

when did they do gay hitler how'd i somehow miss this

between September 29, 2001, and May 18, 2002

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

The golf club is best known for its environmentally sensitive development, which conserves the Sonoran Desert while offering members and the public, usage of the property.

mmmmm yes using billions of gallons of water for a golf course is just about the most environmentally sensitive thing you can do

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
more lol dream theater than lol wikipedia but

The album, titled Falling into Infinity, was completed on July 30.[14] Originally, Petrucci and Portnoy wanted to call it Stream of Consciousness, but the rest of the band rejected the name because they felt it was too pompous (although the phrase "Stream of Consciousness" is found in the song "Lines in the Sand").[15]

:thumbsup:

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

falling into infinity not pompous at all

though what do you expect from "dream theater" the metal band

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breastaurant

In October 2012, Bikinis Sports Bar & Grill successfully registered the term "breastaurant" as a trademark with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. [7]

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MaDonal

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
It is one of two McDonald's-like restaurants in the town; the other one, Matbax, claims that MaDonal is "cheap quality".[7]

v. disappointed in the absence of a matbax article, wtf wikipedia

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

im the kurdistan portal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Journalist Christopher Hitchens said it was "reassuring" to see signs of progress like MaDonal "in an atmosphere that only a few years ago was heavy with miasmic decay and the reek of poison gas."[24]

"signs of progress like MaDonal"