Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Neu posted:

racism is based on fact.

that would be racial realism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johndis
Jun 23, 2009

by Ozmaugh

fishmech posted:

that would be racial realism

for the LAST time do NOT sign your posts THANK YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

johndis posted:

for the LAST time do NOT sign your posts THANK YOU

dont sign your posts

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
das racist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdWxo3e3Kzk

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ8ViYIeH04

substance1987
Mar 29, 2008

The tide of evolution carries everything before it, thoughts no less than bodies, and persons no less than nations
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Itsu

someone has undoubtedly made this joke already but idgaf

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Criticism of Osama bin Laden

Osama bin Laden is also heavily criticised for orchestrating the September 11 attacks. Critics argue that bin Laden should find ways of expressing his political views that do not cause severe civilian loss of life, such as political debates, press conferences or television advertisements.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

haveblue posted:

is it possible to be seriously injured by consuming too much spiciness too fast or will your mouth just hurt like hell for hours

i took a shot of tabasco once and my throat seized up :v:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

what is this posted:

go back 2 pbs

sponsored by the corporation for terrible posting and posters like you

i like this

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Lutha Mahtin posted:

lol pussy

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

Trig Discipline posted:

been drinkin' whiskey sours a lot lately

if you can find a bar that actually carries rye whiskey, try it with ginger ale

pro. as. gently caress.

on an unrelated note, i think it's 1943

substance1987
Mar 29, 2008

The tide of evolution carries everything before it, thoughts no less than bodies, and persons no less than nations

Lutha Mahtin posted:

whoa. a literal baby posting on the forums. never thought i'd see the day.

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_inventions_and_discoveries

this has probably already been posted

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
gonna cause a huge LF argument but the THEL/MTHEL owned

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Earl Grey posted:

ahahahahah holy poo poo they put USB flash drives on the list owned, iran, owned

orange lime
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

quote:

Several of the discoveries included in this list were made by Israelis while staying at overseas research institutes.

DOESNT loving COUNT YOU CHEATING BASTARDS

orange lime
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl
also lollin that there are more entries in 'defense' than in all the sciences combined

also economics is not a science

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Earl Grey posted:

i work with a mr. lempel and it was ~3 years before i made the connection to LZW, turns out he's the son

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Earl Grey posted:

:smug:

Also this is as good a time as any to remind you all of the supremacy of ICQ.

Tiny Faye
Feb 17, 2005

Are you ready for an ORGAN SOLO?!
Rational scale to assess the harm of drugs (mean physical harm and mean dependence).svg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Rational_scale_to_assess_the_harm_of_drugs_(mean_physical_harm_and_mean_dependence).svg

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

Tiny Faye posted:

Rational scale to assess the harm of drugs (mean physical harm and mean dependence).svg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Rational_scale_to_assess_the_harm_of_drugs_(mean_physical_harm_and_mean_dependence).svg

this graph is poo poo but the underlying data comes from a decent source (david nutt)

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

Rufo posted:

this graph is poo poo but the underlying data comes from a decent source (deez nuts)

reidscones
Apr 5, 2007

:snoop: deserve got nothin to do with it :snoop:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Violence_against_women

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Nevergirls posted:

icq was really good until they started making GBS threads it up with annoying ads and trying to squash the hacked versions.

they shot themselves in the foot like Real Networks did by making their software too annoying to use even if there was some good tech in there.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

i'd like to pose a question to anyone reading this: why is there a wiki article on violence against women but not also one on violence against men? i want to make it clear i am totally against violence against women, but as i've become more and more aware of the invisible sexism that men still face in 2010 i'm wondering why there is NEVER a focus on violence against males as a gender. all of the data point to the fact that men over the course of their lives are much more likely to be a victim of violence in general. even in regards to a specific form of violence (domestic violence) where women make up the majority of victims, studies have shown up to 30 percent of victims are men. yet domestic violence is seen pretty much universally as a "women's issue". this is an example of sexism against men. the fact that there is an article on wikipedia for "violence against women" but not one for "violence against men" is another example of a double standard that still privileges women's lives over men. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 24.90.81.20 (talk) 15:30, 7 October 2010 (UTC)

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

I have zero interest in marriage.

Nevergirls posted:

AOL has agreed to sell ICQ to Digital Sky Technologies for $187.5 million on April 28, 2010.

Lol.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

axolotl farmer posted:

icq was really good until they started making GBS threads it up with annoying ads and trying to squash the hacked versions.

they shot themselves in the foot like Real Networks did by making their software too annoying to use even if there was some good tech in there.

so, twitter a couple years from now?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
icq just slowly became more and more bloated

i remember when they added the "chat room" concept but it took you to the web and then was confusing as poo poo and never worked right and nobody was on it

or there was yahoo which just worked

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

I have zero interest in marriage.

Sniep posted:

or there was yahoo which just worked

I went back to yahoo chat and it is complete crap now. So many bots.

johndis
Jun 23, 2009

by Ozmaugh
yaaHOOOOOOOOO

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

johndis posted:

yaaHOOOOOOOOO

haha

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

i'd like to pose a question to anyone reading this: why is there a wiki article on violence against women but not also one on violence against men? i want to make it clear i am totally against violence against women, but as i've become more and more aware of the invisible sexism that men still face in 2010 i'm wondering why there is NEVER a focus on violence against males as a gender. all of the data point to the fact that men over the course of their lives are much more likely to be a victim of violence in general. even in regards to a specific form of violence (domestic violence) where women make up the majority of victims, studies have shown up to 30 percent of victims are men. yet domestic violence is seen pretty much universally as a "women's issue". this is an example of sexism against men. the fact that there is an article on wikipedia for "violence against women" but not one for "violence against men" is another example of a double standard that still privileges women's lives over men. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 24.90.81.20 (talk) 15:30, 7 October 2010 (UTC)

Same reason there's no white history month. Or Vice President's Day. Move along

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Cuddly Coach posted:

Same reason there's no white history month. Or Vice President's Day. Move along

lol vice presidents day would be awesome

"ok class everyone pick your vice president from the hat"

"but miss tupppppeeerrrrrrr i was william wheeler LAST year i HATE him he's so boring"

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
im spiro agnew

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

I'm dan 'potatoe' quayle

unixbeard
Dec 29, 2004

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

these are the sorts of people scott adams told to shut up

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
squirrel break

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

mr_jim
Oct 30, 2006

OUT OF THE DARK

those are some good squirrels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU