Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

but for a brief moment, the libs were owned. triggered, even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

somewhere out there is a ronstadt/zappa ad jingle for electric razors

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

FMguru posted:

somewhere out there is a ronstadt/zappa ad jingle for electric razors

:swoon:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

zappa rules although i doubt "Shut Up And Play Your Razor" would be an effective marketing slogan

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
The song was used in the second trailer for the 2018 film Ant-Man and the Wasp.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

("Six" meaning "six" in French)

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:MICOMBERO.png

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Description
English: first president of burundi
Date: 14 May 2021
Source: Own work

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
This was the first of Hancock's albums to discard jazz completely in favor of a more commercial (at the time) disco sound, with vocoder effects and repetitive lyrics. Honey from the Jar, however, is definitely a funk, not disco, song.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

carry on then posted:

but for a brief moment, the libs were owned. triggered, even.

your posting mission is complete, now you can finally log off

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
For her last two seasons in Hoverspeed service she wore a distinctive Union Flag livery in an attempt to show how British Hoverspeed were, Diamant was built in Australia, owned by a Bermuda registered company and the vessel itself was registered in Nassau, Bahamas and later moved to the Italian Registry as Seacat Diamant.

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
I can’t get a pithy pull quote but https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_that_most_frequently_use_the_word_%22fuck%22 has a table with what amounts to a "rate of fucks" column

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

quote:

The modern name Melinda is a combination of "Mel" with the suffix "-inda".

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
As of 2009, after a government-funded eradication program, Rat Island is believed to be rat-free;[3] it was renamed Hawadax Island in 2012.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
well thats bullshit

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

don't worry there's still pen island

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Achmed Jones posted:

sounds like another thing that needs a government-funded eradication program

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Achmed Jones posted:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i have been to Dildo.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

strictly speaking Dildo has been to you

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

somekindofguy posted:

As of 2009, after a government-funded eradication program, Rat Island is believed to be rat-free;[3] it was renamed Hawadax Island in 2012.

What will they call it after they kill all the hawadax?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

why is there an apostrophe in "CAP'T."? i've seen that before, and now that i think about it, it seems wrong

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
yeah it really should capt. or cap'n

unless it doesn't stand for captain and he's actually like, an enemy of the montagues hiding out where they can't find him

filthy regex
Oct 1, 2010

s/ (. Y .) / 8==D~~ /g

Achmed Jones posted:

yes, thankfully still untouched

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

ah to return to my homeland! to romp once again amongst the fens and dales! naught a care in the world for i had a dick in each hand, and what boy could ask for more?

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

prefect posted:

why is there an apostrophe in "CAP'T."? i've seen that before, and now that i think about it, it seems wrong

captain’t

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

The board recruited CEO Gil Amelio, who prepared the struggling company for eventual success with extensive reforms, product focus and layoffs in his 500 day tenure.

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

The board recruited CEO Gil Amelio, who prepared the struggling company for eventual success with extensive reforms, product focus and layoffs in his 500 day tenure.

lol

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Gil Amelio Jr wrote this

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
Magna Carta (An Embroidery) is a 2015 work by English installation artist Cornelia Parker.[1] The artwork is an embroidered representation of the complete text and images of an online encyclopedia article for Magna Carta, as it appeared in English Wikipedia on 15 June 2014, the 799th anniversary of the document.[1]

Manky Tungeon
Jun 11, 2018

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
The game became known for an advertising campaign featuring a businesslike female character named Cepko Culd (カルド・セプ子), played by actress Aya Shibata, who explained the game's rules and characters, but was seen as an unusual Nintendo "sex symbol" due to her erotic-sounding voice.[4]

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Freddy's glove appeared in the 1987 horror-comedy Evil Dead II above the door on the inside of a toolshed. This was Sam Raimi's response to Wes Craven showing footage of The Evil Dead in A Nightmare on Elm Street, which was a response to Raimi putting a poster of Craven's 1977 film The Hills Have Eyes in The Evil Dead. This, in turn, was a response to a ripped-up Jaws poster in The Hills Have Eyes.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

quote:

EIAS has been used in numerous film and television productions, such as: Piranha 3D, Alien Trespass, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Daddy Day Care, K-19: The Widowmaker, Gangs of New York, Austin Powers: Goldmember, Men In Black II, The Bourne Identity, Behind Enemy Lines, Time Machine, Ticker, JAG - Pilot Episode, Spawn,[1] Star Trek: First Contact, Star Trek: Insurrection, Galaxy Quest,[2] Mission to Mars, Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace,[3] Titan A.E., U-571, Dinosaur, Terminator 2: Judgement Day,[4] Terminator 2: Judgement Day - DVD Intro, Jungle Book 2, American President, Sleepers, Star Wars Special Edition, Empire Strikes Back Special Edition, Return of Jedi Special Edition, Bicentennial Man, Vertical Limit, Elf, Blade Trinity, and Lost In Space. TV Shows: Revolution, Breaking Bad, Alcatraz, Pan AM, The whole Truth, Lost, Flash Forward, Fringe, Surface, Weeds, Pushing Daisies, The X-Files, Alias, Smallville, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Babylon 5, Young Indiana Jones, Star Trek Voyager, Mists of Avalon, Star Trek Enterprise....

This paragraph is quite the time capsule

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
In that bikini, she was described as "wearing mankind's first bikini" and the fur bikini was described as a "definitive look of the 1960s".

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

ColTim posted:

In that bikini, she was described as "wearing mankind's first bikini" and the fur bikini was described as a "definitive look of the 1960s".

dude your posts are so short

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

The film is perhaps most famous for a scene in which Mrs. Hammond opens the door to a room filled with dogs that are apparently being experimented on. The dogs are cut open with their hearts and guts still pulsating. The scene was so graphic and realistic that several crew members were forced to testify in court to disprove the accusation that real dogs were used in the film.[3] Carlo Rambaldi, a special effects artist, saved Fulci from a two-year prison sentence by presenting the fake dog props in court to a seemingly unconvinced judiciary.[3] This was the first time in film history that an effects artist had to prove his work was not real in a court of law.

:catstare: