Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The chokeslam was innovated by Paul Heyman for use by the wrestler 911,[1] though one of the earliest accounts of the move dates back to a 19th-century recounting that describes Abraham Lincoln (himself a wrestler in his youth) using a technique vaguely similar in description, but without any specific mention of the "slam" component.[2]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Studies, including that of an ether addict in 2003, have shown that ether causes dependence; however, the only symptom observed was a will to consume more ether. No withdrawal symptoms were prevalent.[1]

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
His only significant action in the remainder of the parliament was a motion calling for the reinstatement of the 1275 Statute of the Jewry passed under King Edward I. He did not defend his seat in the 1945 general election.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pakled posted:

His only significant action in the remainder of the parliament was a motion calling for the reinstatement of the 1275 Statute of the Jewry passed under King Edward I. He did not defend his seat in the 1945 general election.

He was not considered a potential candidate for high office; the most senior appointment he obtained was as a Government member of the Potato Marketing Board.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

He played the St. Joe County fair in Indiana circa 1995. Faces were melted.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

A confidence trick is also known as a con game, a con, a scam, a grift, a hustle, a bunko (or bunco), a swindle, a flimflam, a gaffle, or a bamboozle. The intended victims are known as marks, suckers, stooges, mugs, rubes, or gulls (from the word gullible).

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I love reading wikipedia in an old-timey gangster voice.

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
Transatlantic flights are sometimes diverted to Bangor when they have mechanical trouble.[citation needed] Among those who have made unscheduled stops for that reason are former President George H. W. Bush and Colin Powell,[18] and actors Clint Eastwood[citation needed] and Harrison Ford.[citation needed]

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
third waypoint, midnight plane
destination: bangor, maine

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckwheat

quote:

Buckwheat contains diverse phytochemicals, including rutin, tannins, catechin-7-O-glucoside in groats,[25][26] and fagopyrins,[27][28][29] which are located mainly in the cotyledons of the buckwheat plant.[30] It has almost no levels of inorganic arsenic.[31]
I am concerned that they felt obliged to say that, as well as "almost no levels".

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
i like my arsenic organic, it just tastes better than the commercial gmo stuff

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

not to confuse with the newest teledildonics network interface

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Not to be confused with California.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

carry on then posted:

Not to be confused with California.

not to be confused with an actual post, by an actual poster, about anything

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

my presence still pisses you off huh

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

(my bad translation)

Alberti was sentenced to eight year's prison on December 17, 1910 and was from 1910 to 1912 in Horsens Statsfængsel and from August 30 to 1917 in Vridsløselille Statsfængsel. He was pardoned the remainder of the term. While he served his time, he made use of a right that he had himself instituted as Minister of Justice: The right to wear a hood, hiding the face of the prisoner, leaving him anonymous to others. But as Alberti was the only one who ever used that right, all the other prisoners immediately knew when they saw the hooded man — there was Alberti.[10]

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe
There was an abundance of herring in the United Kingdom after World War II. Clarence Birdseye test-marketed herring fish fingers, a product he had discovered in the United States,[7][8] under the name "herring savouries". These were tested in Southampton and South Wales against "cod fingers", a comparatively bland product used as a control. Shoppers, however, confounded expectations by showing an overwhelming preference for the cod.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Short segments show band members trying to live out their assorted daydreams, only to be teased and tormented by body-painted vixen Reema Ruspoli.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

The official release of the video opened with a dedication that states: "In memory of 9/11/01... We will never forget."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1_Night_in_Paris

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

wa27 posted:

The official release of the video opened with a dedication that states: "In memory of 9/11/01... We will never forget."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1_Night_in_Paris

This isn't worthless at all.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Tunicate posted:

The chokeslam was innovated by Paul Heyman for use by the wrestler 911,[1] though one of the earliest accounts of the move dates back to a 19th-century recounting that describes Abraham Lincoln (himself a wrestler in his youth) using a technique vaguely similar in description, but without any specific mention of the "slam" component.[2]

In Popular Culture

The move is an important plot point in the first act of the historical fiction film Abraham Lincoln: Jabroni Hunter.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:smith:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
a chokeslam without the slam, also known as “choking someone”

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

To be considered a true tuxedo cat, the feline's coloring should consist of a solid black coat, with white fur limited to the paws, belly, chest, throat, and often the chin - sometimes the tail, although many tuxedo cats appear to sport goatees, due to the black coloration of their mandible: the lower jaw and chin.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Its name comes from its resemblance to an egg. It does not have arms, legs, nor a head, not even eyes, nose, or mouth. Legend says that when a person sees an egg ghost, he or she will die. Its origin and personality are not significant. Rumor has it that some of egg ghosts' personalities are not incorruptible as time goes by. Or that egg ghosts change to an egg, hide themselves, and come out when they want.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

added this reluctantly...wiki didnt have a photo of her...

she here ... is trying to avoid cameras...

not my style...but if you chose to use it...thats fine...if not that is also fine.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Midjack posted:

added this reluctantly...wiki didnt have a photo of her...

she here ... is trying to avoid cameras...

not my style...but if you chose to use it...thats fine...if not that is also fine.

:stonk:

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Collins is a Unix enthusiast [1] and a fan of furry comics.[2]

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiny_Tiny_RSS
truly great formatting, depending on your browser width

edit: hello to the wikipedia editor reading this thread who fixed it, i should've archived it. the screenshot was set to full size instead of a thumbnail

Malloc Voidstar fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jul 19, 2022

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
The word is a neologism from the word utopia (Greek u-topos, meaning "no-place"), replacing topos with chronos (time). It was coined by Charles Renouvier as the title of his 1876 novel Uchronie (L'Utopie dans l'histoire), esquisse historique apocryphe du développement de la civilisation européenne tel qu'il n'a pas été, tel qu'il aurait pu être (Uchronia (Utopia in History), an Apocryphal Sketch of the Development of European Civilization Not as It Was But as It Might Have Been).[2]

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

the normally mild-mannered Peach stated "Strickland is the scum of the Earth, everyone knows that." Given the opportunity to retract the statement moments later by the interviewer, he declined.

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
Sheesh is a word that was trending in the years: 2020-2021

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The team's cat animator, Miko, studied several images and videos of cats for research,[3] and worked with cat programmer Rémi to find a balance between smooth animations and enjoyable gameplay;[6] most of the team also own cats.[3]

matti
Mar 31, 2019

File:White Nerdy YOU SUCK cropped.jpg

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Zamujasa posted:

still there as of the latest revision :thumbsup:

Carthag Tuek posted:

lmbo someone undid it as vandalism, then that was reverted as nonconstructive, and then reinstated because it was a "good catch, actually"

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i'll sometimes remove vandalism if it annoys me and isn't worth sharing with the thread. the removal often gets reverted because it wasn't done by someone with a page full of barnstars and boxes cataloging the preoccupations of "this user"

rofl bot added it back:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_South_African_Commercial_Advertiser&type=revision&diff=1084455916&oldid=1082828568

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
One of the first appearances of Bagdad was found on a map entitled "Map of the Country Adjacent to the Left Bank of the Rio Grande Below Matamoros, 1847."

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

He believes there are about 800 cannibals in Germany.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

801, bob drew