Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Illegal Clown posted:

That's the last one I remember seeing. There were also a couple examples where people found an old machine gun or destructive device in an attic, but the pictures were removed before I saw them.

The last one was the Japanese knee mortar IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Seems like we're about overdue. It used to be once every six months or so.

Edit: There was also a guy who never posted but got banned from IRC because we were sick of seeing his pictures of homemade SBRs and middle school girls fellating .50-caliber handguns.

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

Pitch posted:

Seems like we're about overdue. It used to be once every six months or so.

Edit: There was also a guy who never posted but got banned from IRC because we were sick of seeing his pictures of homemade SBRs and middle school girls fellating .50-caliber handguns.

Rest of series plz.

If we don't make a sacrifice every year, the crops won't grow... :tinfoil:

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Secret Ooze posted:

Im pretty sure the issues he is having is with a BB gun.
Yep, the GSG-92 is basically a toy gun that looks like a real gun

you know, just every GSG product. :v:

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Uncle Caveman posted:

:golfclap:

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

:frogsiren: PEOPLE WHO WANT HELMET/GUNCAMS :frogsiren:

CLICK THIS LINK

This way people don't ask every loving week. Maybe. Sweet God please.

Trisk
Feb 12, 2005

I know this has been covered lots before, but where can I find information about moving guns across state lines? It's likely I'll be moving from Florida to California soon. I know that California has its own bunch of terrible laws to deal with once I get it there.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Behind every great engineer is someone just hoping the "genius" doesn't bankrupt everyone.

Uncle Caveman posted:

Ah, I guess I read it to quickly and saw the GSG and thought it was that .22LR pseudo-MP9.

edit: ^^^^^ unless you are selling them there are no laws about moving ("normal," Title I) guns across state lines. Unless you own something like a registered sawed off shotgun or machine gun or something there's nothing to it beyond putting the gun in your car or shipping it to the address you'll be at in the other state.

Note: CA has its own poo poo about registering the firearms and such if it's a certain type (pistols I think? I dunno) and you can't import anything that's prohibited by their laws (so no ARs with detachable mags and pistol grips). I don't know those laws that well, so I won't advise you on them.

Cyrano4747 fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Oct 21, 2010

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

How do you guys feel about the CZ 858 Tactical?

Click here for the full 1120x752 image.

It's basically a VZ.58 only the civilian version.

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

spankmeister posted:

I feel very good about the CZ 858. I want some kind of semi-auto vz.58 someday.

You see, I like assault rifles that have limited parts compatibility with other assault rifles. :shobon:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

SadWhaleFamily posted:

I feel very good about the CZ 858. I want some kind of semi-auto vz.58 someday.

You see, I like assault rifles that have limited parts compatibility with other assault rifles. :shobon:

Nice. :)

The reason I ask is because this local gunstore has them for 325, which seems like a good deal in my market. :)

Comfy sponk
Mar 30, 2007

Trisk posted:

I know this has been covered lots before, but where can I find information about moving guns across state lines? It's likely I'll be moving from Florida to California soon. I know that California has its own bunch of terrible laws to deal with once I get it there.

Moving to California?

Have questions about the labyrinth and convoluted California gun laws?

Register on https://www.calguns.net and ask away.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Mishaco has a thread a few pages back on the Vz. 58, there might be some differences with that version based on import laws, but it is probably good for basics.

Bogon
Nov 7, 2006

Trisk posted:

Is there any way possible that I could talk you out of this? If not Im sorry. But below this is the general explanation on what CA considers an EBW. There are also Specific Weapons that you cannot own this would be your guide http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/awguide.pdf. As for importing pistols in to the the Glorious Golden State(Yes they do consider a person that is moving in to the state and bringing pistols a Importer) you need to fill out the little .pdf (supplied here http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/ab991.php) and send the report plus $19.00 per pistol reported.But as others have stated calguns is probably your best bet to ask more specific questions.

* 12276.1 (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
1. A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
1. A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
2. A thumbhole stock.
3. A folding or telescoping stock.
4. A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
5. A flash suppressor.
6. A forward pistol grip.
2. A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
3. A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.
4. A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
1. A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.
2. (B) A second handgrip.
3. A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
4. The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
5. A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
6. A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:
1. A folding or telescoping stock.
2. A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.
7. A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.
8. Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
1. "Assault weapon" does not include any antique firearm.
2. The following definitions shall apply under this section:
1. "Magazine" shall mean any ammunition feeding device.
2. "Capacity to accept more than 10 rounds" shall mean capable of accommodating more than 10 rounds, but shall not be construed to include a feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than 10 rounds.
3. "Antique firearm" means any firearm manufactured prior to January 1, 1899.
3. This section shall become operative January 1, 2000.

Edit: There is also the Calguns helpful flowchart to help you.
http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

Edit2: As for your Hi-cap mags if you take them apart you can bring them in as mag rebuild kits. Aslong as they stay disassembled while you are a Prisoner Citizen of the state you Probably wont get in to any trouble.(I only say probably because you moving to a finicky state with overzealous DA's)

I secretly want to move back

Bogon fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Oct 21, 2010

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

spankmeister posted:

CZ 858s rock and are really popular in Canada (AKs are prohibited) and myself and a number of other Canuck goons have one.

Nice shooting, easy to clean, reliable, a pretty good aftermarket (with people starting to make new stuff for it) and cheap cheap surplus ammo make it an all-round winner.

edit: Mishaco's thread from my bookmarks: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3295024

Binary
May 21, 2004

I'm sure this is old new to most people here, but I've been reading about the Olfonsen case where the guy's AR15 allegedly malfunctioned and fired an automatic burst. From googling it seems to be a noncriminal error on his part but the logic of the courts is leaving him out to dry. Is that the long and short of the case? I seem to recall reading something on TFR a while ago that made him seem less innocent, but I don't remember what it was. Help me understand the logic of this court case TFR!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Question on a revolver: I just went and filled out the paperwork for the S&W Model 10 .38 Special revolver that I bought from J&G Sales. Since it's apparently a police turn-in, should I go ahead and have a gunsmith look it over before I fire it? From a quick glance / handling, it looks to be in pretty good shape.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Question on a revolver: I just went and filled out the paperwork for the S&W Model 10 .38 Special revolver that I bought from J&G Sales. Since it's apparently a police turn-in, should I go ahead and have a gunsmith look it over before I fire it? From a quick glance / handling, it looks to be in pretty good shape.

If it locks up properly it's probably just fine to shoot. I can't imagine J&G would sell a gun that has an obvious problem without saying anything.

This is a pretty solid guide for checking out your new revolver, if you are really concerned about it.

http://thesixgunjournal.net/revolverbuyersguide.html

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

The OP in the wheelgun thread has some good info.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Thanks for the info, guys.

Comfy sponk
Mar 30, 2007

Binary posted:

I'm sure this is old new to most people here, but I've been reading about the Olfonsen case where the guy's AR15 allegedly malfunctioned and fired an automatic burst. From googling it seems to be a noncriminal error on his part but the logic of the courts is leaving him out to dry. Is that the long and short of the case? I seem to recall reading something on TFR a while ago that made him seem less innocent, but I don't remember what it was. Help me understand the logic of this court case TFR!

From what I can recall, he hung himself out to dry when he admitted that he knew that it would bust fire and I believed he bragged about it and said that he wasn't going to get it fixed. Or something to that effect.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Mishaco has a thread a few pages back on the Vz. 58, there might be some differences with that version based on import laws, but it is probably good for basics.

priznat posted:

CZ 858s rock and are really popular in Canada (AKs are prohibited) and myself and a number of other Canuck goons have one.

Nice shooting, easy to clean, reliable, a pretty good aftermarket (with people starting to make new stuff for it) and cheap cheap surplus ammo make it an all-round winner.

edit: Mishaco's thread from my bookmarks: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3295024

Thanks guys. :)

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Police revolvers are usually the opposite of police cars: horrid exteriors, yet under the hood everything is pristine.

Also, in other news, I just had a deal on a police issue revolver that was issued in '63 and being sold by the original owner fall through. :doom:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Behind every great engineer is someone just hoping the "genius" doesn't bankrupt everyone.

Binary posted:

The guy was a douchebag who pretty much purposely "broke" his AR in a specific way, and then instructed his buddy that he loaned it to exactly how to get it to "malfunction" whenever he wanted it to.

It's the "no, really doctor, I slipped in the shower and landed EXACTLY on top of that shampoo bottle which is now stuck up my rear end" of the gun world.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Speaking of VZ58s, I saw Red last night and the only thing that really caught my eye was that the Russian security forces appeared to be using Vz 58s instead of AKMs. Am I just making this up? IMFDB doesn't mention them.

Black Stormy
Apr 1, 2003

I like turtles posted:

Speaking of VZ58s, I saw Red last night and the only thing that really caught my eye was that the Russian security forces appeared to be using Vz 58s instead of AKMs. Am I just making this up? IMFDB doesn't mention them.

How was that? I thought it looked pretty good.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Not bad. Nothing at all like the original story, but it wasn't intended to be, it's as though they said, "We'll buy the RED name, and use the idea of a retired, bald CIA dude" and then just did their own thing.

The gun stuff is actually as well done as any recent movie in memory, they change mags, they have a limited number of shots, etc etc.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Quick ammo-shipping question - live ammunition is supposed to be marked as ORM-D (Hazardous Material or whatever), and signature is required, correct?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Uh oh, I need to know if I successfully balanced my equation:

I bought an MTAC for my PPS today, but I also bought an Uncle Mike's OWB kydex for my P99 today, will the awesomeness of one off-set the terribleness of the other?! :ohdear:

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

As long as you're not using the uncle mike's for anything other than keeping your gun with you on the range, you're fine.

Ygolonac posted:

Quick ammo-shipping question - live ammunition is supposed to be marked as ORM-D (Hazardous Material or whatever), and signature is required, correct?

Yes on ORM-D, in theory yes on the signature, but UPS just leaves my poo poo at the front door normally.

Fell
Feb 22, 2007

by Cowcaster

Ygolonac posted:

I got some ammo in a few days ago, and UPS just left it. Actually, I was even home at the time and the driver was gone before I even got to the door. It doesn't bother me because of where I live, but if I lived in an apartment or in the city I might take issue with it.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

I like turtles posted:

Yes on ORM-D, in theory yes on the signature, but UPS just leaves my poo poo at the front door normally.

Oh well, it's a double anyway - left on porch with ORM-D, but they sent me 20 100-boxes rather than the 4 500-round boxes they said they were sending. v:v:v

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

I couldn't get signature required on ammo when I specifically asked for it from Cabellas. This is after someone stole 2200 rounds of .22 off my doorstep. They left the replacement on the doorstep with no signature either.

Joke's on them though, they stole Remington rimfire ammo, good luck with all the duds!

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction

Not to mention that nobody takes returns on ammo. So, I guess good luck turning that into cash mr robber guy.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Sort of a weird topic, but I have a friend who is going overseas to Svalbard, Norway for a few months. Residents are required to carry a rifle in certain areas due to polar bears. I would like to lend her my Enfield since really all I do is dick around with it and if it's good enough for Nunavut rangers, it should be good enough for Svalbard.

Is anyone familiar with the process for a) lending someone a rifle b) shipping a rifle overseas c) shipping a rifle overseas to lend to someone? :pwn: If it makes any difference, I'm in California and she's in Washington (state).

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

It would be difficult enough to where it's not worth the trouble. I'm sure there's a way for her to get a rifle in Norway, especially since it seems to be required.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

kuffs posted:

Not to mention that nobody takes returns on ammo. So, I guess good luck turning that into cash mr robber guy.

Can you sell ammo FTF? If I were an ammo thief I'd just put it up on GB.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

I handled a Beretta PX4 for the first time today, and I fell in love with the grip. The one I checked out was the "constant action" version, which is sort of a light DAO akin to SIG's DAK. And since it's at the shop that's going out of business, it's marked down to $475, which is not a phenomenal price (he says it's his dealer cost), but I bet I could talk the owner into throwing in a holster or some ammo.

I sure as hell don't need another gun, but it is a Beretta, and I really like it. And by buying it, I'd be helping the guy out. And he's cool as hell and needs the money.

:ohdear:

infrared35 fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Oct 22, 2010

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

infrared35 posted:

I handled a Beretta PX4 for the first time today, and I fell in love with the grip. The one I checked out was the "constant action" version, which is sort of a light DAO akin to SIG's DAK. And since it's at the shop that's going out of business, it's marked down to $475, which is not a phenomenal price (he says it's his dealer cost), but I bet I could talk the owner into throwing in a holster or some ammo.

I sure as hell don't need another gun, but it is a Beretta, and I really like it. And by buying it, I'd be helping the guy out. And he's cool as hell and needs the money.

:ohdear:

Get a threaded barrel and suppressor and you can go rob peoples' dreams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Detective Thompson posted:

Get a threaded barrel and suppressor and you can go rob peoples' dreams.

The thought never crossed my mind. :ninja: