Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Oh, pretty, pretty, Blue Bongo!
Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

I really hope HCC gets his poo poo together and gets over his hump. I don't wish him ill even tho I called him an rear end in a top hat. My wizened little black heart likes to speak its mind, tho.

I'm glad he's not dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Is someone going to take his guns away? Is he really suicidal?

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Insane Totoro posted:

Is someone going to take his guns away? Is he really suicidal?

Unless he were to be involuntarily committed, the state wouldn't take his guns, I believe. If he has family or clergy or close friends or something that can convince him to let them babysit the guns for a while that would be best.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Gtab posted:

Long-term depression is pretty poo poo for those afflicted.
Antidepressants own
also woops I need to go to my pharmacy today

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I was gonna say, a good psychiatrist can prescribe meds for just about anything.
People's opinion on psych meds and that they are bad often stem from poor prescriptions making it worse.

There's so much drugs out there you do need a doctor that really knows his meds though, it's almost a separate field entirely.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Antidepressants own
also woops I need to go to my pharmacy today

Unless they all make you puke your guts out. It's pretty annoying being that guy that invariably gets the super rare side effect, every time.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Pitch posted:

Also, in general the logic to a long-barreled bullseye pistol is how it balances in the hand. Extra weight in the barrel is generally considered a positive thing. The long-barrels aren't inherently more accurate.

Longer sight radius helps too, though I guess it won't matter on a scoped gun.

Alain Perdrix
Dec 19, 2007

Howdy!

Uncle Caveman posted:

Yeah, but what are you gonna do about it? You can't even own a real gun. :crossarms:

Guy with the 870 was a Brit visiting with someone at the range during a VA/DC meet last year, he got a kick out of trying all our :911: stuff. We usually do some informal clay shooting, turns out he'd been a trap shooter for years and absolutely destroyed all of us.

This guy is awesome. Look at him unironically doing the Alan Partridge sports-casual look.

I bet he's from Norwich.

e: my girlfriend has pretty nasty depression and has bounced around on a few different meds, but she has been flying pretty straight for the last year or so, thanks to finding meds that work for her. She doesn't do the whole "lying in bed crying for hours / unable to function" thing.

As for me, I've had issues with depression in the past, but have found my way past it, and was never to the point where I needed treatment. A lot of people do though, and I suspect that it wouldn't take too much misfortune for me to wind up in the same state again down the road, as I am obviously prone to it.

Alain Perdrix fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 17, 2010

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

I have like permanent depression or something but my personal pride is so intense that I wouldn't give people the satisfaction of killing myself with a gun. That's what they'd except. I'd ritually disembowel myself if it came down to it.

Luckily I've just changed to being bitter and hateful as a coping mechanism.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

I have like permanent depression or something but my personal pride is so intense that I wouldn't give people the satisfaction of killing myself with a gun. That's what they'd except. I'd ritually disembowel myself if it came down to it.

Luckily I've just changed to being bitter and hateful as a coping mechanism.

let it out bro

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I'm sure Gtab can lend you a tanto if you ever want to do Seppuku or something.

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

I thought you faggots all knew this...

I have my own stabby collection for such an occasion THANK YOU VERY MUCH DUTCHMAN

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I thought you faggots all knew this...

I have my own stabby collection for such an occasion THANK YOU VERY MUCH DUTCHMAN

No worries buddy hth. :buddy:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

I have like permanent depression

I believe depression is a result of brain chemistry so this probably won't help all that much, but I think you're a cool, funny guy. So that's one random internet nerd to chalk up.

AntiTank
Oct 25, 2005

I'd like to make a lampshade out of your skin Sgt. Shaved Balls :allears:

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

The Sphinxster posted:

I believe depression is a result of brain chemistry so this probably won't help all that much, but I think you're a cool, funny guy. So that's one random internet nerd to chalk up.

Thanks electronic internet pal. I will have your back when the blue helmets come for us.

AntiTank posted:

I'd like to make a lampshade out of your skin Sgt. Shaved Balls :allears:

:swoon:

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Razorwynd is literally ten times the poster than most of TFR can aspire to be

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

Gtab posted:

Razorwynd is literally ten times the poster than most of TFR can aspire to be

NOW NOW, don't fuel my growing villainous ego. I don't even have orange jumpsuits and mp5ks ordered.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

I am a truthsayer. Truth is what I say.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Is Razorwynd SSB's RL name? Eugene Razorwynd, Esq.

If so, I concur. Every time before I post I ask myself "will this measure up to his example?" and the answer is always no but I post it anyway. The shame keeps me grounded.

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

My real name is MORLOCK.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

ChlorineTrifluoride posted:

Unless they all make you puke your guts out. It's pretty annoying being that guy that invariably gets the super rare side effect, every time.
Amphetamines (for ADHD) have literally no effect other than bad side effects for me. Weird and also sucks, since they're the main drug available.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Amphetamines (for ADHD) have literally no effect other than bad side effects for me. Weird and also sucks, since they're the main drug available.

Did you try Strattera? It's not a stimulant.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

priznat posted:

Is Razorwynd SSB's RL name? Eugene Razorwynd, Esq.

If so, I concur. Every time before I post I ask myself "will this measure up to his example?" and the answer is always no but I post it anyway. The shame keeps me grounded.

Razorwynd was his previous account name, way back in the day. You young'ins weren't around.

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won.

My real name is MORLOCK.

Is that guy still signing the test-firings for H&K? <-- Legitimate question in a TFR questions thread. :c00lbert:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I just waited for someone else to ask that. :kiddo:

Thanks priznat!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bongo-Bongo Blue!! Yah!

Jaja, MORCOCK.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

MORLOCK is indeed the HK testing singoff. Or, was. Come to think of it it's been awhile since anyone in TFR bought NIB HKs and posted the casing envelope.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

spankmeister posted:

I just waited for someone else to ask that. :kiddo:

Thanks priznat!

I live to serve!

It'd be pretty awesome if that was a real name though. Jack Razorwynd, PI. Follows cheating spouses by day, fights legions of the undead by night, all to a pulsing techno soundtrack.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

spankmeister posted:

Did you try Strattera? It's not a stimulant.
Getting on a non-stim ADHD med at some point this summer, I think.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Will it be a waste of time this weekend to try and sight a scope on a Remington 742 (.308 Win) at 100 yards with Silver Bear?

(My dad bought the ammo, not me.)

Black Stormy
Apr 1, 2003

Minto Took posted:

Will it be a waste of time this weekend to try and sight a scope on a Remington 742 (.308 Win) at 100 yards with Silver Bear?

It shouldn't be. But you will have to re-zero when you change ammo again.

Fang
Jul 9, 2001
If you don't think ponderous, clumsy sentence structure loaded with hamfisted thesaurus wankery makes good writing, you're probably just too dumb to read my posts.

/r/iamverysmart

Minto Took posted:

At the very least, your elevation will probably be off from whatever ammo you finally end up using. You may also have difficulties getting the scope zeroed in as tightly as possible if your groups are over-large. If your scope has not yet been sighted in at all, though, using Silver Bear will reduce the amount of time and ammo the next trip takes.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Fang posted:

If your scope has not yet been sighted in at all, though, using Silver Bear will reduce the amount of time and ammo the next trip takes.

The scope is right out of the box, so that's good to know.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Okay. NIB (and in stock locally) S&W 642 with lawyer lock for $450 plus tax or NIB (but ordered from a distributor) no-lock 642 for $440 plus tax? Seems like a no-brainer to go for the no-lock gun, but for ten dollars more I can have the other one TONIGHT.

And I will be SUPPORTING LOCAL BUSINESSES

Edit: Also, should I trade my finicky Remington 700 VLS in .243 for a Mini-14 and a Glock 26 with night sights and a ton of extra mags?

infrared35 fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 17, 2010

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

infrared35 posted:

Okay. NIB (and in stock locally) S&W 642 with lawyer lock for $450 plus tax or NIB (but ordered from a distributor) no-lock 642 for $440 plus tax? Seems like a no-brainer to go for the no-lock gun, but for ten dollars more I can have the other one TONIGHT.

No question, go for the no-lock.

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos

WOWOWOWOW this is bugging the gently caress out of me.

What is the URL to the website that has terrible Geocities type designs and has "JESUS" everywhere...
You know, the beige/tan website with hardly no design (basically everything is a huge list on the front page). Has the Roman type solider holding a gun and a Jesus "fish" at the top?!

Little girls softball included!

I just went through the last few pages of the deal thread to see if it was linked anywhere, to no avail.

gently caress.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

chomper posted:

WOWOWOWOW this is bugging the gently caress out of me.

What is the URL to the website that has terrible Geocities type designs and has "JESUS" everywhere...
You know, the beige/tan website with hardly no design (basically everything is a huge list on the front page). Has the Roman type solider holding a gun and a Jesus "fish" at the top?!

Little girls softball included!

I just went through the last few pages of the deal thread to see if it was linked anywhere, to no avail.

gently caress.

classicarms.us

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

i bought classicarms.su in april

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos

Atticus_1354 posted:

classicarms.us

Hell yes. Thank you.

For some reason I kept saying "Century Arms" in my head but I knew that was not them, obviously.