Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

SadWhaleFamily posted:

Is there any unmagnified red dot sight that can be mounted in a 30mm scope ring mount?

It's like I'm trying to dodge the tactical as much as possible by avoiding rail mounting but it seems I am trying my hand at retardation.

Dude, hit me up. I have a spare aimpoint clone from PrimaryArms you can try out (with a high (ar15) mount though). c4t3 is also local to us if you were considering buying his aimpoint. He is good people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

king of the bongo posted:

Dude, hit me up. I have a spare aimpoint clone from PrimaryArms you can try out (with a high (ar15) mount though). c4t3 is also local to us if you were considering buying his aimpoint. He is good people.

Awesome, I should try it out. Now to get a scope mount for my Galil.

Gewehr 43
Aug 25, 2003

Anyone who's snappy with photoshop care to make a banner for Southern Michigan Arms? I'm advertising at armslist.com. I need a jpg w/the dimensions of 100x600 (it's a vertical banner). Nothing fancy, not too picky. I'll give whomever does it dealer pricing on whatever they're looking for. Just email me at sales@somiarms.com

Gewehr 43 fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Oct 13, 2010

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Will SOG sell guns to a non-FFL and ship it to one? Or are they just FFL to FFL buisness? Because I want one of those USP's

Gewehr 43
Aug 25, 2003

I believe the latter.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Is it possible to convert an OD green polymer gun to black via dying or other non-Duracoat method? Is Duracoat the best way? Is it all way too much work for crappy results?

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

You can't really dye the frame as it is. Duracoat returns pretty nice results.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

Pitch posted:

You can't really dye the frame as it is. Duracoat returns pretty nice results.

Rit dye would work on plastic parts.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Ozmiander posted:

Rit dye would work on plastic parts.
That's probably true, I was thinking of stuff like vinyl dye and Krylon Fusion that don't deal well with nylon polymers. I wonder if it would stand up to cleaning solvents though.

Edit: some people used RIT to dye their nylon knife handles and seemed to get good results but not particularly durable to wear

Pitch fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Oct 13, 2010

Black Stormy
Apr 1, 2003

What gun are you trying to dye? This is important.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Black Stormy posted:

What gun are you trying to dye? This is important.

I've been looking to get a first gen P99 for cheap (<$400), and I found one for a great price but it has an OD frame. Just wondering if I should hold out for what I really want (black) or get this one and "convert" it, and if that's possible without compromising the integrity of the plastic or looking awful.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

LifeSizePotato posted:

I've been looking to get a first gen P99 for cheap (<$400), and I found one for a great price but it has an OD frame. Just wondering if I should hold out for what I really want (black) or get this one and "convert" it, and if that's possible without compromising the integrity of the plastic or looking awful.

OD > black.

El Jorge
Feb 26, 2006

A spiritus dominatus,
Domine, libra nos,
From the lighting and the tempest,
Our Emperor, deliver us.

A morte perpetua,
Domine, libra nos.

Does anyone know of a good resource for early AR-15/M-16 rollmarks?

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

ZebraBlade posted:

Will SOG sell guns to a non-FFL and ship it to one? Or are they just FFL to FFL buisness? Because I want one of those USP's

No, FFL to FFL only. I bought one of those USPs. I showed the link to my usual transfer FFL guy, he placed the order, and I paid him instead of SOG. It was actually easier than ordering straight from SOG.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

I'm sure this has been posted somewhere, but I can't for the life of me find it; what's that site which lets you search all the main ammunition sites for the best prices? I can't seem to find the one I remember looking at.

\/\/ That's it, thanks. Too bad they don't seem to have anything for what I'm looking for. If anyone knows where to get decently priced new 6.5x50 Japanese, I'm all ears.

LimburgLimbo fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Oct 14, 2010

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

https://www.gun-deals.com

Dirk Diggler
Sep 28, 2001

"Jack says you've got a great big cock."

Propagandalf posted:

No, FFL to FFL only. I bought one of those USPs. I showed the link to my usual transfer FFL guy, he placed the order, and I paid him instead of SOG. It was actually easier than ordering straight from SOG.

Speaking of SOG, their latest flyer is advertising some K98s for around $279. At this price, I'm assuming they're probably RCs?

EDIT: I know G43 is advertising an RC K98 in the classifieds as well. I really need to pay off the M1c I bought first. So many guns, so little monies

Dirk Diggler fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Oct 14, 2010

Daikon
Apr 22, 2009

When you shoot with both eyes open, where are your eyes focused?

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Gewehr 43 posted:

Anyone who's snappy with photoshop care to make a banner for Southern Michigan Arms? I'm advertising at armslist.com. I need a jpg w/the dimensions of 100x600 (it's a vertical banner). Nothing fancy, not too picky. I'll give whomever does it dealer pricing on whatever they're looking for. Just email me at sales@somiarms.com

Sent.

Drav fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Oct 14, 2010

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

by Lowtax

I like turtles posted:

Last night I had a dream that somewhere had Mosins for $35 a piece. I figured I might as well pick up a couple. They arrived, and one of them was an RPD. I was very excited.

What does this mean?

I love RPD dreams.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Drav posted:

Sent.

Ummm

quote:

100x600 (it's a vertical banner)

Daikon posted:

Your focus should ALWAYS be on the front sight when shooting with irons.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Drav posted:

Sent.

That's not a vertical banner.

efb

Daikon
Apr 22, 2009

The Automator posted:

Ummm

Your focus should ALWAYS be on the front sight when shooting with irons.

If you do that with both eyes open, you see double targets.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

Daikon posted:

front sight. always. no matter how many eyes you have opened

this gos for the arachno sapiens out there, too <>

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Daikon posted:

If you do that with both eyes open, you see double targets.

I'm told there's a trick to this, and I'm working on it in my backyard with airsoft (I can't close only one eye). Something about simply ignoring the input from your non-dominant eye.

In any event, as people have said, you always focus on the front sight.

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

My right eye must be waaay dominant. If I try to use both eyes, then close my left eye my vision doesn't shift at all. Since my vision in my right eye is better than my left anyways, I shoot like a pirate.

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

Chantilly Say posted:

I'm told there's a trick to this, and I'm working on it in my backyard with airsoft (I can't close only one eye). Something about simply ignoring the input from your non-dominant eye.

Hit the one in the middle!

BaronW
Apr 16, 2007

Why yes, I HAVE seen uhaul.jpg

I FIXED IT.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gewehr 43
Aug 25, 2003

indeed

Kommienzuspadt
Apr 28, 2004

U like it

Chantilly Say posted:

I just kind of lower my left eyelid until i can focus on the FSP.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Chantilly Say posted:

Something that worked for me and some other people, but not for everyone: Put a small piece of tape on your shooting glasses that covers your front sight from your non-dominant eye. This ie easier said than done, so it will take some time to find the right spot and size (small!). Shoot like that for a while and it will help you learn how the proper focus feels with both of your eyes.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

Naramyth posted:

OD > black.

Wisdom right here.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

infrared35 posted:

That's not a vertical banner.

efb

Yeah yeah you get what you pay for

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Motronic posted:

Something that worked for me and some other people, but not for everyone: Put a small piece of tape on your shooting glasses that covers your front sight from your non-dominant eye. This ie easier said than done, so it will take some time to find the right spot and size (small!). Shoot like that for a while and it will help you learn how the proper focus feels with both of your eyes.

I've done that before and it works well, I just want to develop my shooting without it because I won't always have tape on my glasses.

As far as I can tell, it's a matter of figuring out which of the two targets you see is the right one and dealing with the fact that it's a little fuzzy.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Anyone know about how much a Savage 110 Lefty in .30-06 is worth? I saw one in the gun shop, first lefty I have seen there, and it is $250. So tempting, even though I was looking for a shotgun that I could use for hunting and HD.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Lipstick Apathy

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Anyone know about how much a Savage 110 Lefty in .30-06 is worth? I saw one in the gun shop, first lefty I have seen there, and it is $250. So tempting, even though I was looking for a shotgun that I could use for hunting and HD.

Seems like a decent price. Gunbroker only has a few 110's listed as left handed, but they're moon caliber. Cheapest is $330 with one bid at the moment.

Also, are you a re-reg or did you pick the TFRiest name in the book for fun?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I think the second one. I lurked since some point in 2009, and Cyrano mentioned someone needed to take the username .22 Eargesplitten Loudenboomer in some discussion or another.

It even comes with a bushnell scope on it. I know bushnell isn't great, but it is better than nothing, right? Really tempted right now. I'll sleep on it, at least. I don't think we get enough left-handed shooters for it to sell in the last 2 hours they are open tonight.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

Happy?

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

Everyone go see RED as soon as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Gtab posted:

Everyone go see RED as soon as possible.
Is it as awesome as I was hoping it is?