Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

UnholyCow posted:

It started freaking out for me as well but you can fix this in the extension settings for Providers. Just make sure nzb.su is checked in the list and remove its entries from the Newznab Providers box. Next time you visit that site just say no to adding it to the list and it will work as intended.

This is from a while ago but thank you, that fixed my problem. I thought I'd get away with just ignoring the message popping up at the top, but it seems the thing went ahead and added the entry anyway. Now everything's fine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Legs Benedict posted:

So, what's the scoop on Giganews' Diamond Plan? I currently pay for Supernews + a separate proxy service which winds up running me about $20 a month. Diamond Plan is $35 after the first three months, but also includes their VPN service which is what interests me. Is it a good solution if I want something all-in one so I can just pay one company every month? For what it's worth, I currently use a proxy to bypass MLB.tv regional blackout restrictions.

I used to use giganews when I could afford the diamond plan and it was awesome. I used to use the VPN to unlock steam games that released super early in other regions. The VPN service was pretty drat good bandwidth-wise too, so it would be perfect for streams.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Anyone know what the best indexers are to use for music? I have a pretty good setup going right now with couchpotato and sickbeard using two usenet providers (one as a backup) and nzb.su as an indexer but nzbs.su doesn't allow Headphones to connect to them so I can't really use Headphones with them and the public/free ones that I have found are kind of junky. I don't mind pay sites if they are really good.

EDIT: Or if there is something like couchpotato and sickbeard for music that works with nzb.su that would work as well.

Teabiscuit
Jul 21, 2005

by T. Finninho
Are there any modern anime branches of Sickbeard? At best I can find one that is over a year old.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Television rules the nation.

Teabiscuit posted:

Are there any modern anime branches of Sickbeard? At best I can find one that is over a year old.

Not that I know of, but NZBDrone has a only slightly old anime version that is supposed to be added into the main branch of it when they finish their new UI and whatever stuff. It works but it isn't flawless. Requires .Net 4.0 though.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

demonachizer posted:

Anyone know what the best indexers are to use for music? I have a pretty good setup going right now with couchpotato and sickbeard using two usenet providers (one as a backup) and nzb.su as an indexer but nzbs.su doesn't allow Headphones to connect to them so I can't really use Headphones with them and the public/free ones that I have found are kind of junky. I don't mind pay sites if they are really good.

EDIT: Or if there is something like couchpotato and sickbeard for music that works with nzb.su that would work as well.

Headphones is banned on a lot of indexers due to the code being poor.

Honestly your best bet for music is waffles or what.cd despite them being torrents.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

EconOutlines posted:

Headphones is banned on a lot of indexers due to the code being poor.

Honestly your best bet for music is waffles or what.cd despite them being torrents.

Bleh. I like using headphones because it has a frontend that my kids and wife can understand. I guess I will have to be more intimately involved in their music downloads. I can see why the code is an issue though. It seems like it hammers the poo poo out of servers with requests when you force a recheck.

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
Headphones allows you to plug in your what and waffles accounts info along with nzb indexers. I am not entirely sure how well it works having not watched the logs closely, but the only other provider I have set up in it is dognzb, and I've yet to have trouble finding anything.

Jaketeck
Jul 6, 2004

<3 Robots

demonachizer posted:

Bleh. I like using headphones because it has a frontend that my kids and wife can understand. I guess I will have to be more intimately involved in their music downloads. I can see why the code is an issue though. It seems like it hammers the poo poo out of servers with requests when you force a recheck.

I thought it was because headphones was set to search for results at the same time every day. On the hour. Headphones was pretty much ddos'n the indexers because everyone who had it installed was doing all their API hits at once.

On that note, is anyone else having issues logging into nzb.su?

Jaketeck fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jun 17, 2013

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Jaketeck posted:

I thought it was because headphones was set to search for results at the same time every day. On the hour. Headphones was pretty much ddos'n the indexers because everyone who had it installed was doing all their API hits at once.

On that note, is anyone else having issues logging into nzb.su?

Yes! Was logged in just fine yesterday and suddenly today it won't let me log in.

kalicki
Jan 5, 2004

Every King needs his jester
nzb.su seems to be back up now. Got scared for a bit, considering I just renewed VIP yesterday...

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I finally subscribed to Newsbin built-in search, after finding a bunch of items not on other indexers. Looks very extensive.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Anyone know what's up with EFnet irc channels like a.b.teevee and a.b.moovee? I finally installed an irc client again but get an error: (+k), when trying to join the channels.

Google tells me that error is about a channel key... so are these channels closed now or what? :frogbon:

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004

Shy posted:

I finally subscribed to Newsbin built-in search, after finding a bunch of items not on other indexers. Looks very extensive.

Care to elaborate? I've never used Newsbin. Do you get NZBs from it and feed them to SAB?

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Gozinbulx posted:

Care to elaborate? I've never used Newsbin. Do you get NZBs from it and feed them to SAB?

I download everything with Newsbin, it has a built-in search function, costs money ($20 for the client and $15/6 months for the search). It's probably not a good option for people using SAB and automated schedules and whatnot, I only download everything manually. You can make NZBs from the search results, but I don't know if it can be automated in any way.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I updated SABNZBD+ because it supposedly had a fix for falsely flagged encrypted files, of which I had one or two.

Now my whole queue of about 40 files is flagged as Encrypted and paused at ~80% each.

bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

Look upon my bathroom joists, ye females, and despair.
Does anyone know of a way to get SAB to run a script on queue completion? Most times I load a big queue and set SAB to shutdown on completion, but I would like to run a batch file instead. I know you can set post-processing scripts but I don't want to run it after every download, just at completion.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

bEatmstrJ posted:

Does anyone know of a way to get SAB to run a script on queue completion? Most times I load a big queue and set SAB to shutdown on completion, but I would like to run a batch file instead. I know you can set post-processing scripts but I don't want to run it after every download, just at completion.

I don't know of a way to do that, but you could use a post-processing script that ran after each download and checked if the queue was empty before doing whatever it is you want it to do.

bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

Thermopyle posted:

I don't know of a way to do that, but you could use a post-processing script that ran after each download and checked if the queue was empty before doing whatever it is you want it to do.

Is there an easy way to check for an empty queue?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

It's pretty close to Hello World in terms of programming skill required.

What OS are you using?

edit:
bah, it's so easy I just did this:

Python code:
import requests
import urllib

queue_url = "http://localhost:8085/sabnzbd/api?"
parameters = {'mode': 'queue', 'output': 'json', 'apikey': "PUT_YOUR_APIKEY_HERE"}

result = requests.get(queue_url + urllib.urlencode(parameters), verify=False)
json_results = result.json

if 'slots' in json_results:
	print "stuff in queue, jerk"
else:
	print "empty queue, stupid"

Thermopyle fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jun 20, 2013

bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

Thermopyle posted:

It's pretty close to Hello World in terms of programming skill required.

What OS are you using?

edit:
bah, it's so easy I just did this:

Python code:
import requests
import urllib

queue_url = "http://localhost:8085/sabnzbd/api?"
parameters = {'mode': 'queue', 'output': 'json', 'apikey': "PUT_YOUR_APIKEY_HERE"}

result = requests.get(queue_url + urllib.urlencode(parameters), verify=False)
json_results = result.json

if 'slots' in json_results:
	print "stuff in queue, jerk"
else:
	print "empty queue, stupid"

Awesome. Thanks for writing that out! I'll look at implementing this into my existing batch file and see if I can't get it to work.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Is DOGNZB down for anyone else??

hitchensgoespop fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jun 22, 2013

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

What's the best combination of plans to buy these days to make sure you've got the highest retention (and fewest DMCAs)?

I switched from astraweb to supernews a while back to save a few $$, but it seems like retention is worse. Considering buying a block plan from blocknews to add to the supernews, would that help?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Speaking of block plans, what is the cheapest Highwinds Media block plan? I'd like to get an account somewhere as a back-up.

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009
I use supernews and block news and very rarely have issues.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Speaking of block plans, what is the cheapest Highwinds Media block plan? I'd like to get an account somewhere as a back-up.

Newsgroup Direct sell heavily discounted 1TB blocks every Tuesday.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Does SABNzbd automatically use a server checked "backup server" (eg my blocknews account) when it can't find the files/pars it needs on the default server? Or do I have to manually force it to?

Nask26 posted:

I use supernews and block news and very rarely have issues.

Thanks, I'll give blocknews a try.

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

tonic posted:

Does SABNzbd automatically use a server checked "backup server" (eg my blocknews account) when it can't find the files/pars it needs on the default server?
Yes, and it doesn't just do it on a per-file basis, it does it on a per-article basis. So for any article that fails on your primary, SABnzbd will try to find it on your backup.

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
What would be a good alternative to NZB.su's VIP Features (Quick Look Top TV/ Top Movies), I could check every day on a scene news website but I would prefer to see what the most downloaded releases are for the week and have a peek at the quality (Automate most things, still like to see what I have missed.)

Doesn't need to have download links either.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

NewsgroupDirect (Highwinds) is having a block sale through July 5th at noon Eastern.

50GB for $5
100GB for $9
250GB for $15
500GB for $20
1000GB for $40
2000GB for $70

Every plan gets an extra 10% for headers so 50GB is 55GB etc.

bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

NewsgroupDirect (Highwinds) is having a block sale through July 5th at noon Eastern.

50GB for $5
100GB for $9
250GB for $15
500GB for $20
1000GB for $40
2000GB for $70

Without checking back through the thread for previous deals, is this a pretty good deal that I should jump on if i'm considering a block plan or are there better ones?

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009

bEatmstrJ posted:

Without checking back through the thread for previous deals, is this a pretty good deal that I should jump on if i'm considering a block plan or are there better ones?

I thought it was a pretty good deal. I picked up 50gb since I didn't have any Highwinds backups.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

bEatmstrJ posted:

The only other frequent block account deal is Terrabyte Tuesday, also done by newsgroupdirect. I don't remember if it's the same price as the current deal but NGD are the only USP that do frequent deals on their unlimited and block accounts outside of holidays.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
I wish a non-highwinds provider would step up and offer some cheap blocks.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

50GB for $5
100GB for $9
250GB for $15
500GB for $20
1000GB for $40
2000GB for $70

This is a great deal - thanks for the heads up. 100gb for less than $10, and just when I ran out of blocknews blocks.

Noxious
Oct 22, 2002

Allow me to give you free stuff, or I will stalk you and poison your family.

bobfather posted:

I wish a non-highwinds provider would step up and offer some cheap blocks.

I thought blocknews.net was not a Highwinds reseller.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

GateheaD posted:

What would be a good alternative to NZB.su's VIP Features (Quick Look Top TV/ Top Movies), I could check every day on a scene news website but I would prefer to see what the most downloaded releases are for the week and have a peek at the quality (Automate most things, still like to see what I have missed.)

Doesn't need to have download links either.

I use a favorite to nzbs.org weekly top downloads. Do you mean just a general page? I don't know of one since it obviously differs between indexers.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Noxious posted:

I thought blocknews.net was not a Highwinds reseller.

Yeah, blocknews is a readnews reseller. My original block was from blowcknews, and when that got low I bought a 500 GB Newsgroup Direct block when they were on sale for $20 a few months ago. I have my blocknews account set up as my backup now and it's come in handy on a couple occasions.

Their prices aren't quite as as good as the Newsgroup Direct sale prices but they're still reasonable.

UndyingShadow
May 15, 2006
You're looking ESPECIALLY shadowy this evening, Sir
So, this is new. I was downloading last night Sabnzbd was using each and every one of my servers, including every backup server. It basically burned through all my block accounts overnight. I have 2 main accounts (SuperNews and TweakNews) and the rest are just supposed to sit there until its absolutely certain that none of my main accounts can get the data, but it was still downloading blocks from both of my main accounts.

Has anyone seen this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

UndyingShadow posted:

So, this is new. I was downloading last night Sabnzbd was using each and every one of my servers, including every backup server. It basically burned through all my block accounts overnight. I have 2 main accounts (SuperNews and TweakNews) and the rest are just supposed to sit there until its absolutely certain that none of my main accounts can get the data, but it was still downloading blocks from both of my main accounts.

Has anyone seen this?

Were the articles DMCA'ed from SuperNews and TweakNews?

bobfather fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 26, 2013