Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

paradigmm posted:

https://nzb.su/mymovies

I haven't found anything CP does extra to be worthwhile, maybe because I use XBMC.

Hmmm, ok so i added a title... the only bad thing is it doesn't seem to be allow you to filter criteria (i.e. the size of the file, video resolution, or text string) like Couchpotato does...

For example, i typically like BRRIP files that are 720p resolution. Are there any options in nzbsu that would let me filter for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Biggest issue I have with CP is that sometimes a less popular movies doesn't come out in every known format, so waiting for the 720p version is going to be a long wait. I wish I could search and then choose a quality, or provide a list of allowed qualities.

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

Jane Goodall watches me pee!

you can do that, in a way. you can create your own quality filters in teh options. i have one that searches for DVD quality and 720p, if it finds a 720p copy it doesn't bother with the DVD quality. that's the 'Finished' checkbox as you select what qualities you want it to find.

if it finds a DVD quality first it will download that, and keep it in the cue till it finds a 720p version.

Pfhreak
Jan 30, 2004

Frog Blast The Vent Core!
If only it would process and rename movies correctly. Probably 1 in 4 movies is split and half is renamed "The Mighty Ducks 2" and the other half is given some French name (something "mort").

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

Jane Goodall watches me pee!

i was never able to get the renaming in CP to work, I've always just let SAB rename them, which seems to work out well.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

paradigmm posted:

https://nzb.su/mymovies

I haven't found anything CP does extra to be worthwhile, maybe because I use XBMC.

How do you specify quality settings in My Movies...that's one of the biggest purposes of CP. You've been able to set up RSS feeds for searches on different NZB sites for a long time.

With regard to CP renaming issues...I've had it misname a movie maybe three or four times out of maybe a couple hundred movie downloads.

I think perhaps you have something configured wrong if it's not renaming correctly. Granted, if you can't figure out the mis-configuration, CP is a failure...but it IS possible to get it working well.

drwprtcht
Mar 14, 2011
Well, I've got 60GB left on my 1TB external so this morning I woke up and splurged on 3 extra TB. Thanks a lot, Usenet. I can't believe I ever used to do it the slow way. :smug:

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.
So I tried Newzbin again for the first time in a long while and it seems like its got everything the other sites do again. (rereading that it was a terrible sentence, whatever).

Is there something I'm missing? Because if it actually has all of the content, Newzbin has the best functionality of any Usenet search site.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

subx posted:

Is there something I'm missing? Because if it actually has all of the content, Newzbin has the best functionality of any Usenet search site.
You trust them enough to give them billing info?
They raised their limit past ~450 days?

Even back when Newzbin was quality, I had to go to their condensed view quite a bit. Then would check Binsearch, anyway.

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 13:07 on May 27, 2011

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003

Thermopyle posted:

How do you specify quality settings in My Movies...that's one of the biggest purposes of CP. You've been able to set up RSS feeds for searches on different NZB sites for a long time.

With regard to CP renaming issues...I've had it misname a movie maybe three or four times out of maybe a couple hundred movie downloads.

I think perhaps you have something configured wrong if it's not renaming correctly. Granted, if you can't figure out the mis-configuration, CP is a failure...but it IS possible to get it working well.

The only issue I've had with CP is that it won't move the files to another directory afterwards. Otherwise, it seems to work great.

subx posted:

So I tried Newzbin again for the first time in a long while and it seems like its got everything the other sites do again. (rereading that it was a terrible sentence, whatever).

I haven't used newzbin since their legal issues. After moving on to other sites, I realized how much I dislike how newzbin names nzbs.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction
At least newzbin editors put the show name in the nzb (or used a tool), so sabnzbd could parse it out and I'd have nicely named television folders. Not so on nzbs.org :(

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Waffle Conspiracy posted:

you can do that, in a way. you can create your own quality filters in teh options. i have one that searches for DVD quality and 720p, if it finds a 720p copy it doesn't bother with the DVD quality. that's the 'Finished' checkbox as you select what qualities you want it to find.
Thanks I didn't realize that was what that was for. I kind of prefer the way that SickBeard does it, where it just calls the options something like SD and HD.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

smackfu posted:

Thanks I didn't realize that was what that was for. I kind of prefer the way that SickBeard does it, where it just calls the options something like SD and HD.

Settings > Qualities > Default Qualities has the CP version. With movies, it isn't as simple as SD vs HD, as there are multiple types of HD any particular user might want (Sickbeard actually allows the user to specify this as well).

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Hogburto posted:

You trust them enough to give them billing info?
They raised their limit past ~450 days?

Even back when Newzbin was quality, I had to go to their condensed view quite a bit. Then would check Binsearch, anyway.

Payed it through paypal actually. And paypal is only used through a prepaid Visa nowadays.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
As nice as Newzbin was way back when, I don't know if I could justify 50 cents per week when I can already get almost everything from NZBs.org and NZBMatrix (and everything else from Binsearch).

Factor Mystic posted:

At least newzbin editors put the show name in the nzb (or used a tool), so sabnzbd could parse it out and I'd have nicely named television folders. Not so on nzbs.org :(

I get nicely named TV folders from nzbs.org, just not from NZBMatrix.

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007
Is there a version of par2.exe that takes advantage of multi-cores or is that already compiled into the one packaged?

Suniikaa
Jul 4, 2004

Johnny Walker Wisdom

Sizzlechest posted:

Is there a version of par2.exe that takes advantage of multi-cores or is that already compiled into the one packaged?

http://wiki.sabnzbd.org/configure-switches-v2#multi-core

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
This is almost certainly a network question more than a Usenet question, but I'm hoping that there's an easy and obvious solution.

Linksys Wireless N router (E2500)
Wireless N USB adapter (2.4 GHz) on a desktop running SABnzbd (Windows 7)
Using astraweb, 12 connections

I'm getting slightly faster downloads compared to my old Linksys WRT54G, but downloads seem to completely overwhelm any other internet traffic. I can't get to Google -- nothing but DNS errors.

I don't think I used any prioritizing settings with my older router; can anyone think of any way to resolve this?

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

The Modern Leper posted:

This is almost certainly a network question more than a Usenet question, but I'm hoping that there's an easy and obvious solution.

I'm getting slightly faster downloads compared to my old Linksys WRT54G, but downloads seem to completely overwhelm any other internet traffic. I can't get to Google -- nothing but DNS errors.

I don't think I used any prioritizing settings with my older router; can anyone think of any way to resolve this?

You need to enable QoS (traffic shaping) if your router supports it. This will allow you to prioritize other stuff over "bulk" traffic

Don't know if your router supports it out of the box but you could if you installed a custom firmware like DD-WRT (assuming it's compatible with your model)

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The Modern Leper posted:

Have you tried throttling your downloads in SABnzbd?

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

The Modern Leper posted:

Schedule your sabnzbd activity when you're sleeping? That's what i do... i have it set from 1 am to 7 am only.

IanMalcolm
Jan 22, 2010
Sab 0.6 didn't hit the ports on FreeBSD yet, did it? What is the preferred way to update my 0.5.something install?

B-Nasty
May 25, 2005

Mister Fister posted:

Schedule your sabnzbd activity when you're sleeping? That's what i do... i have it set from 1 am to 7 am only.

Or combine both. The sabnzbd scheduling can bump the speed down to something during the day (I would recommend leaving at least 5mbps), and then have it go unlimited at night. Since sab is the only thing that really saturates my connection, this is easier than screwing around with shaping at the router.

strokevictim
Oct 9, 2000

The Modern Leper posted:

Throttling would work, as others have mentioned - but I'd be suspicious of your router. I've had 3 different wireless models over the years from various vendors and have never seen all other traffic die. Slow down, yes, but not to the point that even a DNS lookup failed. vanilla slimfast mentioned trying a different firmware but if the Linksys is still relatively new, I'd consider returning it and trying another one. Or at least checking for a new firmware version before going to a replacement firmware.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

:eurovision:
Is there something I can do to get less "Repair failed, not enough repair blocks (1785 short) " type of downloads?

I've been using private trackers for a long time and I signed up for supernews today and half the time I either get rars with spam or this error. Is it always a hit or miss or can I do something to filter things out?

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

zalmoxes posted:

Is there something I can do to get less "Repair failed, not enough repair blocks (1785 short) " type of downloads?

I've been using private trackers for a long time and I signed up for supernews today and half the time I either get rars with spam or this error. Is it always a hit or miss or can I do something to filter things out?

Are you finding files using nzbs.org or some other site? How old are the posts? Supernews has good retention but that's what I usually see when something has just been posted or is really old and not all the posts are within retention anymore.

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

:eurovision:

PirateDentist posted:

Are you finding files using nzbs.org or some other site? How old are the posts? Supernews has good retention but that's what I usually see when something has just been posted or is really old and not all the posts are within retention anymore.

I'm using nzb.su.

I probably should be looking up specific release groups, but i'm not familiar with who to watch for.

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.
Back in the day I used to use easynews autounrar in conjuction with wget and vlc to essentially 'stream' video whilst it downloaded. Is easynews still the only provider with an autounrar feature?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

zalmoxes posted:

FYI, if you're really 1785 blocks short, there's probably some mismatching par files in there it's trying to repair with. Try going into your incomplete folder and extracting the rars manually.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Wow, thanks everyone. The router is new, but not easily returnable. I will try QoS (which I do think was activated on the old router) and scheduling before looking into return options.

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

KingEup posted:

Back in the day I used to use easynews autounrar in conjuction with wget and vlc to essentially 'stream' video whilst it downloaded. Is easynews still the only provider with an autounrar feature?
Easynews is still the only service with that kind of autounrar stuff, but you don't need it anymore. VLC and other stuff can stream directly out of rars, so all you have to do is tell sabnzbd "don't post-process stuff" with the allow_streaming var in 0.6.

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

inpheaux posted:

Easynews is still the only service with that kind of autounrar stuff, but you don't need it anymore. VLC and other stuff can stream directly out of rars, so all you have to do is tell sabnzbd "don't post-process stuff" with the allow_streaming var in 0.6.

Cool, I did not know that!

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Is there some way to make Sabnzbd execute the sabtosickbeard.py script again after a file as been completed ? ( I ran out of space on my target drive. I have added more space but I just want to know if there is a easier way)

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

dj_pain posted:

Is there some way to make Sabnzbd execute the sabtosickbeard.py script again after a file as been completed ? ( I ran out of space on my target drive. I have added more space but I just want to know if there is a easier way)

Just drop the file in a folder somewhere and use the manual post-processing feature in Sickbeard.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Just popping in to say I updated and I absolutely love the new UI.

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Godinster posted:

Just popping in to say I updated and I absolutely love the new UI.

Cool thanks, sorry the queue-related menus are kind of a mess, I ran out of time to polish it up before release.

The config changes were ripped from zoggy's work on Sickbeard, and I think the layouts work out pretty well.

The RSS tabs I wasn't sure about but I think they work well enough. Maybe should make Filters tab default rather than Settings.

paradigmm fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 30, 2011

Pfhreak
Jan 30, 2004

Frog Blast The Vent Core!
Any idea when the bug that prevents me from using my network storage device for my incomplete folder will be fixed? When I choose "\\NETWORK STORAGE\Volume_1\Downloads\incomplete" as my Temporary Download Folder I get:

quote:

Incorrect parameter

UNC path "\\NETWORK STORAGE\Volume_1\Downloads\incomplete" not allowed here

It's driving me nuts. I can use that exact syntax for the Watched Folder and Completed Download Folder, but not the Temporary Download Folder.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

UNC is not supported, and its been like that for a while now. Just use a local hard drive for incomplete.

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

Vykk.Draygo posted:

As nice as Newzbin was way back when, I don't know if I could justify 50 cents per week when I can already get almost everything from NZBs.org and NZBMatrix (and everything else from Binsearch).

I get nicely named TV folders from nzbs.org, just not from NZBMatrix.

Well... Yes, sabnzbd parses the general structure correctly, but the nzbs.org nzb's are missing the episode name, which my tv processing setup in sabnzbd uses... apparently causing the file to not be renamed. And even if it was, it'd still be missing the episode name.

I just miss the newzbin glory days when I didn't have to manually rename everything :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Factor Mystic posted:

Well... Yes, sabnzbd parses the general structure correctly, but the nzbs.org nzb's are missing the episode name, which my tv processing setup in sabnzbd uses... apparently causing the file to not be renamed. And even if it was, it'd still be missing the episode name.

I just miss the newzbin glory days when I didn't have to manually rename everything :(

Hmm...you're right. I knew there was something I was missing when I switched from Newzbin, but it's been so long now that I couldn't remember. What are you using that can't scrape episode names based on episode number though?