Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B-Nasty
May 25, 2005

inpheaux posted:

It's apparently actually happening.

That actually saddens me quite a bit. I'm a manual (non sickbeard) kind of guy, and I always liked the one-click top-nzbs of the day feature. I usually use the Matrix anyway, so I guess I'll have to configure some searches.

BTW, with all this ISP piracy talk, it's worth noting that Matrix and nzbs.org support https, it just isn't the default. Probably a good idea to make sure your nzbs and newgroup servers are all SSL if they aren't already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackRider
Dec 28, 2004
I use blocknews as my primary however I'm finding that I'm getting a lot of missing blocks with old content. Are there any other block providers I could use as a backup?

Lusername
Sep 22, 2005
The truth is just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Most people I know who use Blocknews as their primary use Astraweb as a backup.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

B-Nasty posted:

BTW, with all this ISP piracy talk, it's worth noting that Matrix and nzbs.org support https, it just isn't the default. Probably a good idea to make sure your nzbs and newgroup servers are all SSL if they aren't already.
Nobody's sniffing your traffic to detect copyright infringement, bro.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

crm posted:

A couple issues with this -

1) it changes / removes the existing file, which is boooooooo
2) the generated an mp4, but got an error associated with ac3 audio instead of aac

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been keeping up with this thread too much. Anyway, I had the script delete the input file by default because the file sizes are usually pretty similar and (beyond the audio codec and container format) they should be practically the same. Either way, you can easily tell the script to not delete anything: open up makemp4 in a text editor and scroll all the way to the bottom; put a "#" (no quotes) before the line that says rm "${infile}" &>/dev/null (10th line up from the bottom/line 340). Other than deleting it at the very end of processing the script does not make any changes to the input.

I'm not sure what you mean by the second thing, could you be more specific? It shouldn't be adding or trying to add an AC3 file to the MP4.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
Good lord, the moderators at thetvdb.org are retarded.

Go to their forums and do a search for Korra to see how they are ignoring their user's on how to handle the new Last Airbender show.

Is there any chance Sickbeard will ever get an option to get it's nfo and art files from another site?

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Hypnopompic bees are extra scary. They turn into guns.
Apologies, I'm not sure if I should post this here, in the HTPC thread, or the XBMC thread. Since my problem mostly concerns SABnzbd and Sick Beard, I'll post it here.

I want to create an HTPC setup featuring Sick Beard. I would use a netbook with an attached external hard drive as the HTPC, as documented on Life Hacker. The computer will boot directly into XBMC.

Ideally I would like to install SAB+Sick Beard to the XBMC OS, and have them run when I start up the computer. Is this possible, or can Sick Beard only run on a more traditional OS? Also, would Sick Beard be able to download directly to the external drive?

Shane-O-Mac fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Apr 4, 2012

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

BlackRider posted:

I use blocknews as my primary however I'm finding that I'm getting a lot of missing blocks with old content. Are there any other block providers I could use as a backup?

I added the EU server as backup for a little bit of insurance..and it is free too. YMMV

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Shane-O-Mac posted:

Apologies, I'm not sure if I should post this here, in the HTPC thread, or the XBMC thread. Since my problem mostly concerns SABnzbd and Sick Beard, I'll post it here.

I want to create an HTPC setup featuring Sick Beard. I would use a netbook with an attached external hard drive as the HTPC, as documented on Life Hacker. The computer will boot directly into XBMC.

Ideally I would like to install SAB+Sick Beard to the XBMC OS, and have them run when I start up the computer. Is this possible, or can Sick Beard only run on a more traditional OS? Also, would Sick Beard be able to download directly to the external drive?

XBMC live doesn't exist anymore, it's been replaced by XBMCbuntu. XBMC Live was still a "real" OS so it wouldn't have mattered anyway, but that lifehacker guide is two and a half years old, so I'd try and find something a bit better.

theangryamoeba
Sep 26, 2008

Shane-O-Mac posted:

The live version is just a stripped down ubuntu with xbmc instead of gnome. If you install it to the harddrive You can setup SABnzbd/sickbeard/couchpotato/etc via the command line.

In fact, here is a howto! http://boshdirect.com/blogs/tech/how-to-install-sabnzbd-on-xbmc-live.html It is from last year, but it should be a fairly similar concept.

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Shane-O-Mac posted:

Install this http://www.xbmcfreak.nl/en/xbmcbuntu-11-0-xbmcfreak-edition-v1/

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Thanks everyone! I won't be able to do this until I have the money for an HTPC, but I'm trying to understand how this all works before I buy something.

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

If you won't be using the netbook for anything else, then I would suggest OpenELEC. It has a SAB/Sickbeard addon that would make everything dead simple. http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=Openelec_sabnzbd_addon

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Lowen SoDium posted:

Good lord, the moderators at thetvdb.org are retarded.

Go to their forums and do a search for Korra to see how they are ignoring their user's on how to handle the new Last Airbender show.

Is there any chance Sickbeard will ever get an option to get it's nfo and art files from another site?

They really are awful. I hope XEM takes off, anyone heard how progress is going on it?

http://thexem.de/

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Yeah, it boggles the mind. I was pretty OK with TVDB because I understood they were trying to be consistent at all costs, but when they started splitting up cartoons where two stories are in one episode into separate episodes because "that's how they might get released on DVDs, this is how the creator intended it, yet won't rearrange Firefly to the intended order (WIKIPEDIA IS NOT A SOURCE) rather than aired order, I don't even know :psyduck:

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
Wow that really sucks about nzbs.org, I haven't really found any other decent newznab sources lately and it had some nice features.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I really hope either nzb.su or someone makes a top downloaded feature, that was my main usage on nzbs.org

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

kri kri posted:

I really hope either nzb.su or someone makes a top downloaded feature, that was my main usage on nzbs.org

I just finished checking back on my nzbs and 75% of them were coming from nzbs.org, that's going to be pretty tough to replace. I don't hate nzbmatrix but they are very unreliable at times. Anyone know what kind of bandwidth requirements there are for a moderately fed newznab setup? I don't even know what groups to carry these days :(

Sperg Victorious
Mar 25, 2011
http://kere.ws/ is another Newznab site if anyone is needing additional API hits. The site is all in german, but it's still pretty easy to navigate.

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Tantalus posted:

If you won't be using the netbook for anything else, then I would suggest OpenELEC. It has a SAB/Sickbeard addon that would make everything dead simple. http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=Openelec_sabnzbd_addon

That looks promising. I may use the Raspberry Pi as the HTPC. Hopefully it will have been upgraded by the time I do this project. That's another matter though.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Shane-O-Mac posted:

That looks promising. I may use the Raspberry Pi as the HTPC. Hopefully it will have been upgraded by the time I do this project. That's another matter though.

http://www.raspbmc.com/

Is another to keep an eye on.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Any reason my SABnzbd would be downloading from the European Astraweb as opposed to the US one? My server is set to news.astraweb.com but my servers are all being used by eu.astraweb.com and I'm getting a third of the usual speeds between all 20 connections.

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

Godinster posted:

Any reason my SABnzbd would be downloading from the European Astraweb as opposed to the US one? My server is set to news.astraweb.com but my servers are all being used by eu.astraweb.com and I'm getting a third of the usual speeds between all 20 connections.

you are seeing which server the articles were posted through. i wish Sab would differentiate this somehow. See this come up so much in forums.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

SlipperyNipple posted:

you are seeing which server the articles were posted through. i wish Sab would differentiate this somehow. See this come up so much in forums.

Oh that was a simple answer, thanks. I couldn't seem to have it come up in a simple Google search.

Guess it's just my internet being slow then.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

I've also experienced slow performance from Astraweb at times, lately. Certain times it will just crawl in the few hundred KB/s range.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007
I'm new to this whole thing but I haven't been able to figure this out: sick beard passes the download to SAB but the downloads don't start unless I switch them for "Force" at which point they download normally. Is there any way to make it so the downloads actually start when they are added to the queue, like if I do it manually?

e: vv Wow I am a loving moron. I suspect it paused it because it was initially using my SSD as temporary storage and it got full. Thank you

Shmoogy fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Apr 6, 2012

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
If they're not running unless you hit "Force", you've paused SAB. Unpause it.

Drevoak
Jan 30, 2007
How exactly does Sickbeard work with multi episodes? Sickbeard can snatch the episode fine but it does not properly name the episode like "Show Name - S01E02-03 - Ep Name" it still names it "Show Name - S01E02 - Ep Name" so it always appears as if I am missing episode 3. Googling didnt give much and I doubt I have to manual edit the files to make it correct, there must be something I'm missing or doing wrong.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Drevoak posted:

How exactly does Sickbeard work with multi episodes? Sickbeard can snatch the episode fine but it does not properly name the episode like "Show Name - S01E02-03 - Ep Name" it still names it "Show Name - S01E02 - Ep Name" so it always appears as if I am missing episode 3. Googling didnt give much and I doubt I have to manual edit the files to make it correct, there must be something I'm missing or doing wrong.

It will rename based on the file you download. If the file you download is labelled as s01e02, then that's what Sickbeard will name it. If the file you download is s01e02-e03 then Sickbeard will name it properly.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

I made one of these about a year ago and posted it in this thread, so I'm posting the new version I made...

http://youtu.be/HnfdTgm4vOs

It's a visualization of the commit history for SickBeard.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Thermopyle posted:

I made one of these about a year ago and posted it in this thread, so I'm posting the new version I made...

http://youtu.be/HnfdTgm4vOs

It's a visualization of the commit history for SickBeard.

Are those huge bursts when somebody's pull request gets merged?

And what did you make that with?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

FISHMANPET posted:

Are those huge bursts when somebody's pull request gets merged?

And what did you make that with?

It can be a pull request or if the developer adds a lot of files between one commit and the next. I think the biggest bursts of activity you'll see is when some third-party library gets added to the project which brings along all it's associated files.

edit: Oh, I used gource, ffmpeg, and Audacity.

Ingram
Oct 18, 2006

"Do you know how rare it is to find a girl who genuinely honest-to-god absolutely loves it up the arse?"
I'm so sad that NZBs.org is closing. Any alternative is going to suck in comparison. I was on a good thing using RSS with SabNZB and having everything automated/sorted into correct folders on my HTPC.

:(

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ingram posted:

I'm so sad that NZBs.org is closing. Any alternative is going to suck in comparison. I was on a good thing using RSS with SabNZB and having everything automated/sorted into correct folders on my HTPC.

:(

NZB.su seems fine, the only thing I want them to put in is a top day/week/months list. And I love nzb.su movie cover mode.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Should an i3 be beefy enough to watch 1080p and have SABnzbd unpack at the same time without any slowdowns?

I'd like to offload my Airvideo/SABnzbd/streaming load to the HTPC I'm building.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Perhaps unpack but I don't know about repair.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

kri kri posted:

NZB.su seems fine, the only thing I want them to put in is a top day/week/months list. And I love nzb.su movie cover mode.

Feh. I've done some side by side searches and found things on nzbs.org that weren't on nzbs.su. Not obscure test searches, either.

Nzbs.org was special :(

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

I've got a strange issue with running Sickbeard from source. It works with no issues, but I wanted it to run on startup. So I created a batch file with

code:
@echo off
c:\python27\python.exe c:\Sickbeard\SickBeard.py %*
pause
This works fine opening up a command window and it shows Sickbeard doing its thing. But I'd rather not have a command window open all the time, so I changed it to use pythonw.exe instead.

Doing that works as well, but I get an error across the top of Sickbeard saying that it is an unknown version and to delete the .git folder or config the .ini file to point at the Git install. I've already edited the .ini file and I don't get that error when running the regular python app, just the pythonw app.

Any ideas?

Ingram
Oct 18, 2006

"Do you know how rare it is to find a girl who genuinely honest-to-god absolutely loves it up the arse?"
If NZBs.org does close down I just hope I catch wind of where everyone else goes. Someone will have to fill the void. There is plenty of opportunity for someone to use the source code behind NZBs.org and recreate the site exactly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

Ingram posted:

There is plenty of opportunity for someone to use the source code behind NZBs.org and recreate the site exactly.
You do know that Newznab (and by extension NZB.su) was basically created as a f/oss clone of NZBs.org, right? And that it was accepted to be a clone to such an extent that the beta.nzbs.org site was just a re-skinned and slightly tweaked Newznab install?

Anyway, with NZBs.org closing up shop on the 19th, there are already new sites popping up. DOGnzb, for instance, opened to the public just last week. It's a custom frontend (written in ColdFusion, of all things) sitting on top of Newznab. DOGnzb is limited to 30 days, uncapped with a $10 one-time fee.

Despite being ColdFusion (seriously, ColdFusion), it's a really slick interface, and the lone dev behind it is pretty open to suggestions and tweaks. Based on a very short chat we had with him in #sabnzbd the day he opened things up, he switched the core domain from .com -> .cr (to hopefully thwart or at least slow down any domain seizures), and immediately started working on exposing the Newznab API so the site works with Sickbeard transparently. He's also going to be adding SSL based on user suggestion.

So that's one alternative.

With how easy it apparently is to set up a Newznab site I really wouldn't be surprised if we see more crop up to fill the void. It's more than a proven system at this point, and it's behind stuff you wouldn't really think of, like the SickBeard index that's only exposed via API.