Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anarcho-Commissar
May 22, 2002

"The means of production being the collective work of humanity, the product should be the collective property of the race. Individual appropriation is neither just nor serviceable. All belongs to all."
- Pyotr Kropotkin

SadWhaleFamily posted:

I'll speak for myself to say "Show me your Jericho."

(No stupid Baby Eagle crap.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagrd
Aug 25, 2003

^^^
righteous

Sphinx3000

Kennebago
Nov 12, 2007

van de schande is bevrijd
hij die met walkuren rijd

Does the extended slide release for the SP01 or 85 Combat fit a standard 75B? The little one was pretty much my only gripe.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Operating Rod posted:

This is my first smartphone post, it feels REALLY strange.

Welcome to the future. If you are an iPhone, you should know there's an app named Awful for the forums (it's free).

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

hagrd posted:

^^^
righteous

Sphinx3000

What is the level of parts compatibility between the sphinx and a CZ75? Would even the grips match or is it just different enough?

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

hagrd posted:

Sphinx3000

oh...oh my

hagrd
Aug 25, 2003

ZebraBlade posted:

What is the level of parts compatibility between the sphinx and a CZ75? Would even the grips match or is it just different enough?

I'd say just different enough. Never tried CZ grips but I do know that stuff like mags, springs and such, won't work without modifications.

Ask me about my $150 slide stop.

please don't

hagrd
Aug 25, 2003

devmd01 posted:

oh...oh my

since it's Friday:

Going all John Woo with these is fun.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

hagrd posted:

I'd say just different enough. Never tried CZ grips but I do know that stuff like mags, springs and such, won't work without modifications.

Ask me about my $150 slide stop.

please don't

I might have to. What's the deal with your $150 slide stop? At that point wouldn't it just be better to go with a CZ rather than some obscure clone with hard to find/expensive parts? Why did you decide to go with a Sphinx, anyway? What does it offer that CZ doesn't?

edit: I don't know anything about them, so don't take this post as me talking poo poo or anything like that.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Oct 7, 2011

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus

Yams Fan

How often do you run around with it and just yell "SPHINX!"

Because I would probably do that all day whilst giggling constantly.

hagrd
Aug 25, 2003

Bummey posted:

What's the deal

Heh, Short version: Guy at my club is my country's Sphinx re-seller.

Long: Over here (Sweden) with waiting times, various bureaucratic rigmarole and whatnot ...you kinda (or at least I did) want to "get it right the first time". There's nothing stopping you from getting a bunch of 9mm's over time, but the process is quite involved so getting precisely what I wanted made sense at the time.

As to what they offer, I'd say it's all personal preference, in my case that meant getting as much gun as I could. The Sphinx is just about ready right out of the box (or soft case hurr). Fit, finish,controls, sights, trigger, accuracy ...it's just done.

It's fairly close to "bespoke", you pick what type of frame: all steel, steel/titanium, steel/aluminium (my gun-steel upper-aluminium lower frame), grooves, finish, sights, left/right configuration, anything really.

Is it "better"? Hard to say, I prefer the controls, grip, weight, sights, trigger, accuracy (read most everything) on mine compared to a stock CZ75 but again that's just my preference, and honestly an unfair comparison (the TS is just about on par, but didn't fit me). I'm a big fan of the CZ "family", it's what got me going in this direction in the first place, the Sphinx just ups it a notch.

As to parts, smaller manufacturer, closer tolerances, "Made in Switzerland-fee"? Getting them isn't that big of a deal though, since they're "local" and all.

Unskilled Labour
Jul 23, 2009

I sighted in my new CZ 550 today. It shoots like a dream, I was hitting gongs at 300 and 400 metres after just having sighted it in.

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

hagrd posted:

Heh, Short version: Guy at my club is my country's Sphinx re-seller.

Long: Over here (Sweden) with waiting times, various bureaucratic rigmarole and whatnot ...you kinda (or at least I did) want to "get it right the first time". There's nothing stopping you from getting a bunch of 9mm's over time, but the process is quite involved so getting precisely what I wanted made sense at the time.

As to what they offer, I'd say it's all personal preference, in my case that meant getting as much gun as I could. The Sphinx is just about ready right out of the box (or soft case hurr). Fit, finish,controls, sights, trigger, accuracy ...it's just done.

It's fairly close to "bespoke", you pick what type of frame: all steel, steel/titanium, steel/aluminium (my gun-steel upper-aluminium lower frame), grooves, finish, sights, left/right configuration, anything really.

Is it "better"? Hard to say, I prefer the controls, grip, weight, sights, trigger, accuracy (read most everything) on mine compared to a stock CZ75 but again that's just my preference, and honestly an unfair comparison (the TS is just about on par, but didn't fit me). I'm a big fan of the CZ "family", it's what got me going in this direction in the first place, the Sphinx just ups it a notch.

As to parts, smaller manufacturer, closer tolerances, "Made in Switzerland-fee"? Getting them isn't that big of a deal though, since they're "local" and all.

Nämen hejsan fellow Swedish TFR goon. Where are you located? I have a CZ75 SP01 Shadow I use for IPSC here in Stockholm. I usually hang around Ormen psk/ballongberget, UVPSK and out in Rosersberg but mostly rifleshooting there unless I am competing.

hagrd
Aug 25, 2003

Halloj! Djupaste södern represent!

(mest fält i Malmö/Lund området)

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

hagrd posted:

Oh, then we should almost continue this discussion in the "stupid gunrelated poo poo" thread and smacktalk västra götalands polisdistrikt

I hope you do not have to renew any licenses soon. They seem like total assholes over there.

But I am jealous of the nice IPSC scene in the southern part of Sweden.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

hagrd posted:

WTF, why did I think you where norweigan.

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

His Divine Shadow posted:

WTF, why did I think you where norweigan.

We are going to need a Scandinavian TFR thread soon

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

The blue thin aluminum grips from cz custom; are they cool beans? (Like, vs the black ones)

wood grain grippin
May 22, 2006

wood grain sippin

Buce posted:

The blue thin aluminum grips from cz custom; are they cool beans? (Like, vs the black ones)

They're pretty good. I'm rocking a pair on my sp-01 tactical at the moment and they work well. They have a light pebbling texture and a stenciled graphic of the czcustom dude.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Giant Isopod posted:

How often do you run around with it and just yell "SPHINX!"

Because I would probably do that all day whilst giggling constantly.

You're also required to play this music any time you take out the gun.

ShaneB
Oct 21, 2002

Have I mentioned I really like my father-in-law? Like, a lot?

(Terrible cell phone shot features: CZ85, 5 mags, some patches for good measure.) Also it's a non-B with the squared-off trigger guard.

ShaneB fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 23, 2011

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

ShaneB posted:

Have I mentioned I really like my father-in-law? Like, a lot?

(Terrible cell phone shot features: CZ85, 5 mags, some patches for good measure.) Also it's a non-B with the squared-off trigger guard.

How the hell did you manage to score a CZ85 non-b in that good of shape? Usually all the non-b's have the crapp early enamel finish, but that looks like one with polycoat. Also, it's a transitional (non-b with ring hammer and square guard) so it should take all new production magazines perfectly fine.

No, like seriously, do he get it from an importer? That is about the best CZ i've seen.

Excellent buy. Ditch the grip sleeve though and get the CZ cocobolo grips, or at the very least the factory rubbers.

ShaneB
Oct 21, 2002

IuniusBrutus posted:

How the hell did you manage to score a CZ85 non-b in that good of shape? Usually all the non-b's have the crapp early enamel finish, but that looks like one with polycoat. Also, it's a transitional (non-b with ring hammer and square guard) so it should take all new production magazines perfectly fine.

No, like seriously, do he get it from an importer? That is about the best CZ i've seen.

Excellent buy. Ditch the grip sleeve though and get the CZ cocobolo grips, or at the very least the factory rubbers.

It's basically mint. He's been into shooting for a long-rear end time and has an array of over a dozen pistols, more shotguns, rifles, etc. Not sure the CZ has seen a lot of action.

I was going to use it for IPSC (with his blessing) but I'm kind of afraid of messing up such a great example of the gun.

And I didn't buy it, it was a gift. Permanent loan, basically.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Does mec-gear not make the 19 round cz75 mags anymore because I can not find them anywhere?

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

IuniusBrutus posted:

Yeah, that gun deserves the classiest of grips.

I guess these should probably be posted in the CZ thread as well...have some CZs:

drat you Century!

Want to see what a typical pre-B with the enamel finish looks like?

Personally, I really dig the finish wear.

The whole family, for now anyway:

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

iyaayas01 posted:

Personally, I really dig the finish wear.

I really like the beaten to poo poo look, too. The duracoat on the new guns just chips and flakes off. My PCR is looking pretty grim, despite babying it at the range and little to no carry. It doesn't wear nicely like other finishes.

also spur hammers are rad.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Oct 25, 2011

powers
Jul 26, 2005

The Maller is an Amarrian frigate, used by hotdroppers.

~SMcD

Everyone online seems to be out of CZ 75B's. Should I buy one if I see one around $450 new?

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Colonial Air Force posted:

(No stupid Baby Eagle crap.)

That thing is a whole lot nicer than I expected. It was fun as hell to shoot.

ShaneB
Oct 21, 2002

So on the CZ85 transitional I just got, I only have the slide stop on one side. On the other side is a little nubbin that sticks out. Did my father-in-law maybe remove it on that side for some reason? I'll ask him about it, just curious now.

Also all my mags are 10 rounders.

The finish is loving immaculate, though, I'll take some glamour shots in good lighting soon.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

ShaneB posted:

So on the CZ85 transitional I just got, I only have the slide stop on one side. On the other side is a little nubbin that sticks out. Did my father-in-law maybe remove it on that side for some reason? I'll ask him about it, just curious now.

Also all my mags are 10 rounders.

The finish is loving immaculate, though, I'll take some glamour shots in good lighting soon.

Huh.

Does it have an ambi safety? Maybe early 85s didn't have ambi slide releases. I don't think he could have just stuck a regular CZ slide stop in there though - the right side of the frame is drilled larger to accommodate the right-side slide stop, and the inside of the frame is milled out more as well. The nub is supposed to stick out though, that's how you take it down.

ShaneB
Oct 21, 2002

IuniusBrutus posted:

Huh.

Does it have an ambi safety? Maybe early 85s didn't have ambi slide releases. I don't think he could have just stuck a regular CZ slide stop in there though - the right side of the frame is drilled larger to accommodate the right-side slide stop, and the inside of the frame is milled out more as well. The nub is supposed to stick out though, that's how you take it down.

Everything I've found about the 85 is that it's always had dual ambidextrous controls. The right-side slide stop is removable, and I've found a few things about how it can be lost/etc, and cause damage if used without the slide stop.

Awesomely, too, is that the pre-B can't use the B slide-stop stuff.... which means I can send it to CZ USA for some replacement work I guess. Sigh.

Anarcho-Commissar
May 22, 2002

"The means of production being the collective work of humanity, the product should be the collective property of the race. Individual appropriation is neither just nor serviceable. All belongs to all."
- Pyotr Kropotkin

Butch Cassidy posted:

That thing is a whole lot nicer than I expected. It was fun as hell to shoot.

It's heavy as gently caress to carry around, though.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Colonial Air Force posted:

It's heavy as gently caress to carry around, though.

Well, I am the guy who carried a Beretta 96 every day for over a year.

ShaneB
Oct 21, 2002

Called CZ. They said don't shoot it without the right side slide stop lever in place. Also they said the current model right side slide stop lever requires a frame modification to install, but they do it for free if you send in the frame.

Hopefully my father-in-law knows what happened to the right-side lever, because otherwise I have to drop $35 on a new one and wait on the frame to get there and back.

BoBtheImpaler
Oct 11, 2002

Dinosaur Gum

Today I was talking to someone about how expensive ammo is, and they told me to buy an air gun. I remembered my grandpa left me an old air pistol from the 50's, so I went and dug it out.

Wait a second, that logo looks familiar.

The first handgun I bought when I turned 21 was a CZ. It's a family reunion.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Vz Douchepistol.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.

he knows...

Can you guys ID this gun and let me know if that's a good price?
http://www.gunlistings.org/ohio-gun-classifieds/columbus/pistols/68760/cz_32_auto_2mags_and_holster

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

Bigass Moth posted:

Can you guys ID this gun and let me know if that's a good price?
http://www.gunlistings.org/ohio-gun-classifieds/columbus/pistols/68760/cz_32_auto_2mags_and_holster

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg/chex/cz-50-cz-70-e.html

It's a CZ70 looks like.

That's a good price based on what I have been seeing. I've been considering picking one up in my local shop for $200. I don't know why they go so cheap, they are of tremendously high build quality. I guess they just don't have that Walther mystique a proper PPK has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

operation_paperclip
Aug 26, 2010

They're well-built, but the triggers are unbelievably bad in single-action and downright painful in double-action. That is a pretty good price, though.