Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

Sperglord Actual posted:

Calling it a Bren is stupid.

But what about PS1, it has the best audio ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooray Dialysis
May 20, 2007

everything is cool

Had a chance to handle the Sig MPX last night after shooting IDPA at my local range.

After loving around with it for about 10 minutes I'm definitely happy I decided to go with the Scorpion, that AR charging handle on the MPX is really awkward and goofy on a not-SMG. That and the fact that it's almost double the price of the Scorion with $70 mags kills any want I had for it.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

And $300 stocks. If I wanted to pay $300 for a stock I'd buy an MPohwaitIdid.

The MPX is such a colossal miss step on every level.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

k-var has more preorder kits up for the scorpion but they seem to be $199 now.

no idea still on when they are actually getting them

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Im really confused about those kvar kits since CZ has said they have no plans to sell them to dealers or distributors at this time.

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

DakianDelomast posted:

I am going to shoot it for a bit and send it off for a SAO conversion by CGW.

Depending on your comfort level with your home funsmithing skills, you could probably do this yourself. It's literally just swapping out the trigger (though I also would recommend trading out the lovely factory flared trigger pin for a CGW trigger pin).

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

ZebraBlade posted:

Im really confused about those kvar kits since CZ has said they have no plans to sell them to dealers or distributors at this time.

Wait, really? Everyone talks like kvar has stock in what is getting imported. If cz USA store sells them exclusively for the first month until kvars shipment comes in I'm gonna be a tad pissy. Might as we cancel and roll the dice on the store. At least cz is limiting to one

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

SadWhaleFamily posted:

Depending on your comfort level with your home funsmithing skills, you could probably do this yourself. It's literally just swapping out the trigger (though I also would recommend trading out the lovely factory flared trigger pin for a CGW trigger pin).

I am quite the home funsmith. So is there anything that benefits me to send the gun to CGW over just buying the trigger pin, hammer, and SAO flat trigger?

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

DakianDelomast posted:

I am quite the home funsmith. So is there anything that benefits me to send the gun to CGW over just buying the trigger pin, hammer, and SAO flat trigger?

There might be some kind of labor warranty? I dunno, Dave is less likely to gently caress it up somehow than any person who doesn't do custom work on CZs all day every day. But he'll also answer your emails very readily if something does go wrong.

I'd recommend doing it yourself. For me, I got a lot of satisfaction and appreciation for my CZ 85 Combat when I took it apart and put it back together again with shiny CGW parts.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

A thumb safey version is a lot easier to disassemble and reassemble. I've done both. Both were pretty kinda annoying though.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Roundboy posted:

Wait, really? Everyone talks like kvar has stock in what is getting imported. If cz USA store sells them exclusively for the first month until kvars shipment comes in I'm gonna be a tad pissy. Might as we cancel and roll the dice on the store. At least cz is limiting to one

Thats what the CZ guy on facebook said. Maybe he isnt aware of everything, but so far he has been spot on with info.

Mishaco
May 4, 2005

Only time will tell.

Maybe KVar has some kind of exclusive?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Well whatever one gets to my door first. If I get a CZ kit then I'll sell the kvar kit later.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

I got a response from Kvar today. They say CZ will start distributing Scorpion Evo 922(r) kits to dealers in mid to late August, at which point Kvar will start shipping orders immediately. They didn't comment on how many kits they expect to receive or the number of pre-orders they've already taken.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

Bummey posted:

I got a response from Kvar today. They say CZ will start distributing Scorpion Evo 922(r) kits to dealers in mid to late August, at which point Kvar will start shipping orders immediately. They didn't comment on how many kits they expect to receive or the number of pre-orders they've already taken.

It seems that kvar had one round of pre order (@$179) which are probably the august shipment.. then they stopped accepting them. All of a sudden there was the ability to preorder again (@$199) which is probably some laer, 2nd shipment. I sincerely hope not or they are going to get a ton of canceled ordered as we grab them from the cz store direct

Mishaco
May 4, 2005

CzechPoint got some Vz.61 Scorpions in; in both .32 and 9x18 Mak.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.

Mishaco posted:

CzechPoint got some Vz.61 Scorpions in; in both .32 and 9x18 Mak.

Sonofabitch I want one.

What's the go-to standard CZ75 knock-off now for a truck/fishingbox gun that shares mags with the 75?

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

InterceptorV8 posted:

Sonofabitch I want one.

What's the go-to standard CZ75 knock-off now for a truck/fishingbox gun that shares mags with the 75?

Probably a used, surplus CZ 75, they seem to be popping up on GB lately for $300-350.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

Probably a used, surplus CZ 75, they seem to be popping up on GB lately for $300-350.

Yeah, problem here is that after transfer and tax, might as well buy a new Omega 75.

I have a SAR, I just wish the mag swapped worked without fuckery though.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Canik and TriStar import good CZ copies.

howling_mad
May 11, 2014

E2M2 posted:

Canik and TriStar import good CZ copies.

I've heard nothing but good things about Caniks. Not sure if they use the same mags however, you'd want to double check that.

Mishaco
May 4, 2005

I've sold several Caniks and can report good results from their new owners. For the money, they seem to have a good solid product.

Czechpoint also just got in some stock plates for the Vz61, for anyone wanting to do an SBR.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/vz58-compact-762?l=

Look at this little guy, he's got the teeniest sight radius ever. I can't help but want one.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

DakianDelomast posted:

https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/vz58-compact-762?l=

Look at this little guy, he's got the teeniest sight radius ever. I can't help but want one.

One of those with some stubby 20rd mags and a folding stock would be sweet.

Mishaco
May 4, 2005

What's a "sight radius" anyway? hehe

MrTuffPaws
Feb 7, 2005

If the fireball can't reach it, you best not be shootn it.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

How common is it for new CZ 550 rifles to come really dirty? Just got one in the mail and its dinged up (missing blueing on the rear base) and the barrel is filthy. Are my expectations just too high or should I be thinking I was sold a used rifle?

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

cougar cub posted:

How common is it for new CZ 550 rifles to come really dirty? Just got one in the mail and its dinged up (missing blueing on the rear base) and the barrel is filthy. Are my expectations just too high or should I be thinking I was sold a used rifle?

Where did you buy it? The factory CZ455 I bought was pristine. Might have some fouling from the test fire, but finish should be 100%

Mishaco
May 4, 2005

Well the 9x18mm Makarov Vz.61s didn't last long. Czechpoint is already showing as out of stock.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

E2M2 posted:

Where did you buy it? The factory CZ455 I bought was pristine. Might have some fouling from the test fire, but finish should be 100%

Canadian store, wolverine supply... Might not be the beat thread for feedback on a Canadian store

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...

I now own an SP01 Shadow and it also owns

Mishaco
May 4, 2005

I finally got a couple 30 round mags for my Evo-3, thanks to a goon's big help.

I had time to slap one into my "pistol" this weekend, and it really looks right in the thing.

Just need my SBR stock kit to come in, and I'll be ready for some real fun!

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

gimpsuitjones posted:

I now own an SP01 Shadow and it also owns

Welcome to the club brudda. Now suppress the poo poo out of it.

Mishaco
May 4, 2005

FYI, another small batch of 9x18mm Makarov Vz.61s just came in over at CzechPoint.

They also have adaptor plates & stock assemblies in stock too.

The newer Vz.61s come pre-drilled & tapped for mounting the plate.....so its super easy to do an SBR with one now.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Mishaco posted:

FYI, another small batch of 9x18mm Makarov Vz.61s just came in over at CzechPoint.

They also have adaptor plates & stock assemblies in stock too.

The newer Vz.61s come pre-drilled & tapped for mounting the plate.....so its super easy to do an SBR with one now.

Got a link to the plate/adapter? I can only find the plate

Mishaco
May 4, 2005

The plate is the adaptor.

It attaches to the back of the Scorpion's frame with 2 screws.
It gives you a dovetail that the stock can then just slide in and out of; so it works same as on the military version.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

DakianDelomast posted:

Welcome to the club brudda. Now suppress the poo poo out of it.

I shall in approx 6 months when my pistol license comes through and I can actually take it home, and when I can find a threaded barrel for sale here

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Mishaco posted:

The plate is the adaptor.

It attaches to the back of the Scorpion's frame with 2 screws.
It gives you a dovetail that the stock can then just slide in and out of; so it works same as on the military version.

Whoops, meant the folding stock.

Can't find that.

Mishaco
May 4, 2005

Its on Page 3 of their Vz.61 Parts & Accessories page.
Its around $45 for the complete assembly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Woo. Put 150 rounds through it today, no malfs. Smoked a bunch of steel from 5-30 meters with like 2 misses. Put a mag on paper at about 15 yards, wasn't the tightest group & had a few little guys off to the left with my lovely trigger control but I LIKE IT