Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Swapped out the Nills to oil them, and then ended up trying to put as much poo poo on my P-01 as possible, here's the outcome:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

Anyone in here have a tristar t-120? It appears to be a high quality cz clone, mrgunsngear you tube channel confirmed my belief. I may just buy one, they're so cheap.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

z06ck posted:

Anyone in here have a tristar t-120? It appears to be a high quality cz clone, mrgunsngear you tube channel confirmed my belief. I may just buy one, they're so cheap.

Seems like a good deal, does Tristar import them or Century? I know Century only offers a 1 year warrenty.

Also the P-120 looks more like an SP-01, where the T-120 looks more like a Jericho.

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

E2M2 posted:

Seems like a good deal, does Tristar import them or Century? I know Century only offers a 1 year warrenty.

Also the P-120 looks more like an SP-01, where the T-120 looks more like a Jericho.

I'm not sure who imports them. I don't really care about warranty as I'd be replacing the guts with parts from cgw anyway. The jericho was based on cz too so...

e: from their (tristar) site:
TriStar will repair or replace any unserviceable part(s) for (1) year from the date of purchase and further will supply free parts (Wood not included) for an additional (4) years in accordance with the above warranty statement provided your firearm had not been altered, abused, willfully damaged, damaged by overpressure ammunition or reloaded ammunition. This agreement is not transferable; its benefits apply only to the original purchaser.
TriStar pistols are warranted to be free of manufacturing defects for a period of (1) year from the original date of purchase from a federally licensed firearms retailer. The warranty only applies to the first retail purchaser and is not transferrable or assignable. Proof of purchase must be presented at the time any warranty claim is made. This is a (1) year warranty limited to replacement of manufactured parts. Any alternations, modifications, abuse, misuse or discharge of poor quality, reloaded ammunition, corrosive or defective ammunition voids this warranty.

z06ck fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Aug 17, 2015

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Tristars are not as supported as CZs are. I guess they aren't 100% clones:

http://www.cajungunworks.com/canik_-_tristar.html

hell if I could get one in CA I would, they are something like 1/2 the price of a CZ

E2M2 fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 17, 2015

predictive
Jan 11, 2006

For awesome, press 1.

z06ck posted:

I had a Canik S-120 for a while. It was a nicely made, well shooting pistol, and everyone who shot it was amazed at the quality for the price I paid.

Mishaco
May 4, 2005

Probably not of interest to anyone, but i found out today that 30 round Evo-3 mags fit well into German MP5 mag pouches.

They start off a bit tight, but once they begin to slide in, they go easily.

Just FYI for anyone who likes to keep their mags in pouches as I myself do.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

palmetto has evo mags for $21.99 daily deal

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

Meet Scratchy the CZ-75. :v:

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

NickBlasta posted:

Meet Scratchy the CZ-75. :v:

gross

Mishaco
May 4, 2005

Shot the Vz.61 in Makarov for the first time today.

fired about 160 rounds in total, and had zero malfunctions/failures.

It was a lot of fun. It had surprsingly more felt recoil than the Vz.61 in .32.
The firearm feels like its quality. The straight polymer mag with the waffle pattern makes for a good place to put your off hand, and doing so did not harm reliability.

Needs a stock and a suppressor on it though!

All in all, very pleased for under $600 NIB.

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

Listen to your friend Billy Zane. He's a cool dude.

various cheeses posted:

Swapped out the Nills to oil them, and then ended up trying to put as much poo poo on my P-01 as possible, here's the outcome:

Those grips look pretty sweet. Too bad they're not for sale anywhere. :(

right arm
Oct 29, 2011

CZUB has them. shipping is like $60+ though so make it worth it

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

They are very similar to a few of the czcustoms grips, but better.

Thelonious
Jul 15, 2005

I always thought that I wanted to build my own 1911. Turns out that's a pain in the dick. Now I have a posurp transitional 75 and some money to spend at cgw.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/042004944002_Threaded-Barrel-9mm-Sp01-12x28
http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/042004940102_Threaded-Barrel-9mm-75-12x28

CZ-USA has factory threaded barrels for the SP01 and 75's for $185

Guess I need to find a piston/booster setup for my Form1 9mm can now.

Edit: P-09 as well http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/072004900105_Threaded-Barrel-9mm-P09-12x28

ZebraBlade fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Aug 29, 2015

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Ooooh. But then I'd have to buy another 9mm can. :| As much fun as a 3lug adapter on a pistol would be, I don't think a 20z can hanging off the end would let it cycle.

right arm
Oct 29, 2011

not unless it's a fixed barrel ie P7/P9S

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Which CZ 75s are not

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

ZebraBlade posted:

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/042004940102_Threaded-Barrel-9mm-75-12x28

CZ-USA has factory threaded barrels for the SP01 and 75's for $185

Yoink. All I need is a TB for my 226, and all my nines are suppressor eligible.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...

Is this guy worth getting?

http://www.gunsupplies.co.nz/cz-pistol-parts/cz-sp01-shadow-competition-hammer

right arm
Oct 29, 2011

depends on what your stock hammer is, but no probably not. my TS didn't get a nicer pull with a czechmate hammer, but it did look cooler

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

SP01 Shadow

right arm
Oct 29, 2011

looks to be the same style ring hammer that comes on the TS. I doubt it'll do much besides look different. cz hammers/sears aren't adjustable so really all you're getting is a different style hammer

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

I heard where it reduces the DA pull weight & length

right arm
Oct 29, 2011

hmm my TS was SAO, so possibly! not sure what's involved in the mechanisms of a DA/SA CZ unfortunately, only the SAO ones

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer

Most who shoot Shadows in USPSA have this kit, looks like it comes with hammer, disconnector, mainspring and recoil spring plus a tune. It makes a big difference from the stock Shadow but that might be all gunsmithing, not just drop-in parts.

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory

Toot toot all aboard the CZ train :toot:

ShitheadDeluxe
May 14, 2007

I will buy all the czech guns if we can deport illegal beatniks back to Bohemia.

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

Nuclear Pogostick posted:

Toot toot all aboard the CZ train :toot:

I'm getting a broken image from you :(

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Dropbox is not really meant to be an image host. :nyd:

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory

Better?

Nuclear Pogostick fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 2, 2015

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Saw a mispriced P-09 at Scheels. Bought a mispriced P-09 at Scheels. Wasn't planning on it, didn't need it, but for $425 after tax who am I to pass it up? Better get it Cajun'ized pretty soon.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

Bad Dog

So if I place a backorder for the Scorpion stock kit on KyGunco, they sit on my $210 for potentially forever, and if I ever cancel it, I forfeit 10%?

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Sep 8, 2015

right arm
Oct 29, 2011

Owned.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

kits are still 'a few weeks out'

but gently caress it, i want to do stupid things, like duracoat the gun white. Basic plastic krylon is probably what i want, right ?

timn
Mar 16, 2010

Somebody called RAE industries just came out with two magazine loaders for the scorpion evo about a week ago. There have a single round loader and a five round charger with a tab for unloading. Store page is here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrVNBKBCwsw

Bummey
May 26, 2004

dumb. pointless. lula would be better.

timn
Mar 16, 2010

From what I had read current universal mag loaders don't work, so not sure what you mean unless you're talking about holding out until someone else makes something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

timn posted:

holding out until someone else makes something.

this