Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

Kommienzuspadt posted:

Frame or slide safety ';

I thought all CZ-75s had frame safeties? :confused: I know the Jericho often comes with a slide safety, but that's a derivative clone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Quickshanks posted:

Shop has a pre-b 75 with 95% enamel finish for $325. is that a deal worth jumping on?

The percetantage finish with that enamel doesn't matter much, since the instant you clean it, it will be down to 0% anyways. Well, not really, but it is very weak and chips off.

The price isn't super amazing or anything - Robinson trading company has them for around that price still IIRC. You're pretty much shaving shipping + transfer fees on it. Also, pay attention to the year - some of the early pre-bs cannot take the kadet kit OR mec-gar CZ75B magazines. You can check the year by looking just above the extractor, two numbers in a circle should be stamped on the slide. The sights kinda suck, too.

That said, CZ75s are amazing pistols, and if it fits your hand good, you'll be pleased with it.

Kommienzuspadt posted:

Frame or slide safety ';

I'd probably pay extra for a slide safety cz75, simply because i'm pretty sure that'd be a one off custom job.

Quickshanks
Oct 3, 2011

So damned good.

I mostly want it just to have it. Lately my gun collection has been striving to include an example of all the most significant and iconic handguns and I don't have a CZ75 yet and a pre-B seems like the closest thing to a collectible CZ has made yet. I also have an 82 with most of its finish and it would look good next to a big brother. If it's a price I'm unlikely to do better for I'll think I'll pick it up.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Goldfinger posted:

I think I'm trading my P-01 + some cash for a new SP-01 (if you are buying a gun, always get the one you really want instead of settling). Has anyone converted an SP-01 to SAO and, if so, how do you like the result? Does the tactical sport straight trigger feel as good as it looks?

Oh I want to do this so bad.

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

Quickshanks posted:

I don't have a CZ75 yet and a pre-B seems like the closest thing to a collectible CZ has made yet.

Well, that's only if you're not counting the Cold War Commemorative CZ 75.

(You should not count the Cold War Commemorative CZ 75 :gonk:)

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

SadWhaleFamily posted:

A little background knowledge about Czech firearms design during the cold war turns that model from being really cheesy and tacky to being quite funny, actually.

It wouldn't even be so tacky without the red fill, either. Spur hammers rock on CZs.

IuniusBrutus fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Nov 13, 2011

bandaid
Jan 13, 2008

SadWhaleFamily posted:

I would rock the hell out of either the slide on a normal frame, or vice versa. Having both that huge red star and the hammer and sickle is just too much.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

bandaid posted:

I would rock the hell out of either the slide on a normal frame, or vice versa. Having both that huge red star and the hammer and sickle is just too much.

I like it. :colbert:

Framptonlive
Nov 22, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thinking about picking up a CZ 82(or 83) when I have the money. Any reason I shouldn't?

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

Framptonlive posted:

Thinking about picking up a CZ 82(or 83) when I have the money. Any reason I shouldn't?

Not really.

I'd go for the 82 myself, but only because it's C&R and I can get it shipped to my house. At least the 83 gives you the option of shooting .380, though 9x18 is pretty comparable in price (and may even be cheaper a bit?).

Though when I shot one, the backstrap really dug into the webbing of my hand and rubbed it raw. Not sure why.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

SadWhaleFamily posted:

Not really.

I'd go for the 82 myself, but only because it's C&R and I can get it shipped to my house. At least the 83 gives you the option of shooting .380, though 9x18 is pretty comparable in price (and may even be cheaper a bit?).

Though when I shot one, the backstrap really dug into the webbing of my hand and rubbed it raw. Not sure why.

Because you're a girl's blouse.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

ABANDONED HOMEWORLD FOR SALE, CHEAP!!!
Custom desert-marsh conversion in galactic core, 12% oxygen atm., great weather, friendly native life (missing one moon). Great fix-er-upper. Must sell, alien invasion imminent. $3995 or best offer.

Was the recoil spring weak? My newish-to-me CZ-82 banged up my hand pretty good the first time I took it out, but the 18 lbs recoil spring I put in there made it a pleasure to shoot.

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

McNally posted:

Because you're a girl's blouse.

I don't even understand what that means, but I'm guessing you're going for a tag against my masculinity or perhaps my sartorial choices :confused:

king of the bongo had the same issue. Maybe CZ-82s just hate Asians.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Can anybody do some comparison photos between a CZ82 and an LCP? Specifically looking for some side by side pictures, and some top down to see the width. Also, on that note, any decent IWB holsters for it?

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

Custom desert-marsh conversion in galactic core, 12% oxygen atm., great weather, friendly native life (missing one moon). Great fix-er-upper. Must sell, alien invasion imminent. $3995 or best offer.

Crossbreed makes a Supertuck for it. I don't have one yet so I can't tell you how it is, but people around the forums that do say it's really nice.

The LCP is definitely going to be smaller, thinner and lighter than the 82, being a single-stack polymer gun. It's kind of apples and oranges. That said, with the grips filed down on my 82 it's reasonably sized. I can take pictures tonight.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Yeah, I know the LCP will be smaller, it's more just so I have some frame of reference on this.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

SadWhaleFamily posted:

I don't even understand what that means, but I'm guessing you're going for a tag against my masculinity or perhaps my sartorial choices :confused:

king of the bongo had the same issue. Maybe CZ-82s just hate Asians.

It was a tag against your masculinity.

Also, my mom's Korean and I shoot my CZ with no problems. So it's just you guys.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus

Yams Fan

DeesGrandpa posted:

Can anybody do some comparison photos between a CZ82 and an LCP? Specifically looking for some side by side pictures, and some top down to see the width. Also, on that note, any decent IWB holsters for it?

Bladetech makes one as well

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

Sorry for the poor picture quality... my DSLR's battery was dead when I took these.

Anyway, the 82 is actually a bit thinner in the grip than my 1911 (admittedly, I filed down the finger ridges), and has approximately the same slide width, so on those fronts they're about on par.

One place where the 82 excels is bore axis. My thumb is drat near in line with the barrel, and I can get my hands wayyyy up there. Shooting it, especially with the 18 lbs recoil spring I put in there, feels like nothing. Goes right back on target.

Additionally, the double stack mag, while still pretty thin, holds 12 rounds and is wayyyyyy easier to seat at speed than 1911 mags. They are pretty spendy though, around 30 bucks shipped.

brac2009
Apr 15, 2010

I actually bought a CZ 82 today from Wideners. Just waiting on it to ship and I will be a member of the CZ club.

Framptonlive
Nov 22, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Slowly getting enough money for my 82, planning on buying it from here. Seems like a pretty fair price, from what I've seen.

Later on down the road I'll be getting some Marschal grips for it, they seem pretty classy.

Hmm, might have to look at getting it from wideners actually. ^^

brac2009
Apr 15, 2010

Framptonlive posted:

Slowly getting enough money for my 82, planning on buying it from here. Seems like a pretty fair price, from what I've seen.

Later on down the road I'll be getting some Marschal grips for it, they seem pretty classy.

Hmm, might have to look at getting it from wideners actually. ^^

Wideners is a WAY better deal if you ask me. The holster, 2 mags instead of one, the cleaning rod, the lanyard (as if you will ever use it) and still priced lower than J&G's that only comes with one mag. Thats why I picked them over J&G, but to each their own.

Framptonlive
Nov 22, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

brac2009 posted:

Wideners is a WAY better deal if you ask me. The holster, 2 mags instead of one, the cleaning rod, the lanyard (as if you will ever use it) and still priced lower than J&G's that only comes with one mag. Thats why I picked them over J&G, but to each their own.

Definitely going to buy through wideners, that's a fantastic deal.

DeathByDoubleDip
Feb 9, 2009

Anyone know if there is a way to futz around with the CZ-75B to make it lefty-friendly, or would I just be better off getting a CZ-85 instead? Seeing the 75B go for $490 for Holiday Sales at a local chain (Turner's), and it's drat tempting, seeing a steel-frame 9mm go for that cheap. Hopefully going to rent one this week or next.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm in CA.

DeathByDoubleDip fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Nov 18, 2011

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

DeathByDoubleDip posted:

Anyone know if there is a way to futz around with the CZ-75B to make it lefty-friendly, or would I just be better off getting a CZ-85 instead? Seeing the 75B go for $490 for Holiday Sales at a local chain (Turner's), and it's drat tempting, seeing a steel-frame 9mm go for that cheap. Hopefully going to rent one this week or next.

Get the 85. There are a couple on buds right now for 510 shipped. You would spend at least $20+transfer+tax if buying locally getting parts and whatever to make the 75 lefty friendly.

ShaneB
Oct 21, 2002

Here are some real photos of the transitional pre-B my father-in-law gave me. First gun photos ever so go easy on me. Shot, cleaned, lubed, and photo'd today.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

ShaneB posted:

Here are some real photos of the transitional pre-B my father-in-law gave me. First gun photos ever so go easy on me. Shot, cleaned, lubed, and photo'd today.

If those are your first gun photos you are light years ahead of 95% of the gun owning population in this country.

ShaneB
Oct 21, 2002

iyaayas01 posted:

If those are your first gun photos you are light years ahead of 95% of the gun owning population in this country.

Thanks for the compliment. I have decent equipment but more importantly a bunch of photography experience, so it doesn't really matter what the subject is.

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

Listen to your friend Billy Zane. He's a cool dude.

DeathByDoubleDip posted:

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm in CA.

Last time I checked, the 85 wasn't on the approved handgun roster so the only way you'll be able to get one is through a private sale, if you can find someone willing to sell theirs. Yes, I know it's just an ambidextrous version of the 75B (i.e., basically no major changes), and yes, the CA DOJ is retarded to say the least.

I would just get the 75B from Turner's and live with the non-ambidextrous controls, or if you're willing to pay more and if an ambidextrous safety is sufficient, there's the SP-01.

ShaneB
Oct 21, 2002

Because it's exceptionally hard to find a dealer/range near me that rents CZ pistols, let alone sells them, how does the SP-01 handle compared to the 75/85 variants? I handled one at a dealer and it felt fine, but I wasn't sure if there was much difference in how it points, shoots, functions, etc.

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

I got one of the CZ Target stocks from Denny at RFC. Just came in today, and I mounted the Ultra Lux in it a little while ago :haw:

Now I just gotta find some super-high rings so a scope can clear the drat rear sight mount. <:mad:>

Dr Ozziemandius fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 6, 2011

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

I have access to a CZ75D full size upper, should I buy it and stick it on my PCR so I have some sort of weird CCO long-slide compact?

DeathByDoubleDip
Feb 9, 2009

Billy Zane posted:

Last time I checked, the 85 wasn't on the approved handgun roster so the only way you'll be able to get one is through a private sale, if you can find someone willing to sell theirs. Yes, I know it's just an ambidextrous version of the 75B (i.e., basically no major changes), and yes, the CA DOJ is retarded to say the least.

I would just get the 75B from Turner's and live with the non-ambidextrous controls, or if you're willing to pay more and if an ambidextrous safety is sufficient, there's the SP-01.

Yeah, that 75B Turner's is selling is still the cheapest steel-frame 9mm that I'd actually want. The other guns I'm looking at in that price range are a Glock 19 and M&P9, but I'm still trying to decide what the hell matters more to me: having a steel frame pistol I'll mostly be using as home D/range toy, or having something ambi-friendly (like the m&P9).

As for controls, hitting the mag release isn't what screws me up; it's making sure whether or not I can skirt the safety with my index finger when I draw as a lefty, which I had to do for a class(not a chance in hell when i try with a 1911-style pistol).

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

Listen to your friend Billy Zane. He's a cool dude.

DeathByDoubleDip posted:

Yeah, that 75B Turner's is selling is still the cheapest steel-frame 9mm that I'd actually want. The other guns I'm looking at in that price range are a Glock 19 and M&P9, but I'm still trying to decide what the hell matters more to me: having a steel frame pistol I'll mostly be using as home D/range toy, or having something ambi-friendly (like the m&P9).

As for controls, hitting the mag release isn't what screws me up; it's making sure whether or not I can skirt the safety with my index finger when I draw as a lefty, which I had to do for a class(not a chance in hell when i try with a 1911-style pistol).

I'm a lefty too, and I can empathize. For the most part, I've resigned myself to using pistols with decockers, like the P-01, for HD. I suppose there's the option of dealing with a DA first pull if you get the 75B, though there's the risk of ND when you're manually decocking it.

However, it might be worth the extra $80-100 to get the SP-01 if you need the ambidextrous safety, plus it has rails.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

IuniusBrutus posted:

I have access to a CZ75D full size upper, should I buy it and stick it on my PCR so I have some sort of weird CCO long-slide compact?

I kinda wanna get a Shadow upper for my P-01. It'd be so awesome if it works. It would get rid of the firing pin block though.

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

IuniusBrutus posted:

May I interest you in a short slide fullsize?

I enjoyed my 75d upper on p01 but not enough to pay for an extra upper I had no lower for. If the price was really cheap then sure but I would rather put my money into getting the pcr worked on by a smith.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

ShaneB posted:

Do you have the originals around? They are great desktop wallpapers :allears:

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

I just found this site, they seem to have some nice CZ custom guns.

ShaneB
Oct 21, 2002

Guillermus posted:

Do you have the originals around? They are great desktop wallpapers :allears:

Here you go:

http://i.imgur.com/LdDPi.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Q2AVZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Ik811.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Heintron posted:

I just found this site, they seem to have some nice CZ custom guns.

That rules. Is that a full SP-01 frame with a 6" slide or something? Looks kick rear end.

It could only be made better if they extended the dust cover the full length! :haw: (I love the look of full length dust covers)