Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

Just got a 26 round magazine. Looks nice I guess.

Also this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Heintron posted:

Just got a 26 round magazine. Looks nice I guess.

How does it feed? Better than the other giant one you had? These 18 rounders are neat, but if I can, why not put half a box of ammo into a single mag and make this thing even heavier?

Also, other SP-01 people, do your 18 mags rattle when fully loaded? I could entertain a baby all day shaking these things. Downloaded one round they don't rattle as much. My PCR mags never did this. Is there anything I can do about this?

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

Bummey posted:

How does it feed? Better than the other giant one you had? These 18 rounders are neat, but if I can, why not put half a box of ammo into a single mag and make this thing even heavier?

Also, other SP-01 people, do your 18 mags rattle when fully loaded? I could entertain a baby all day shaking these things. Downloaded one round they don't rattle as much. My PCR mags never did this. Is there anything I can do about this?

I have not tried it yet. I will asap. But this one is a cz original so it should be fine. The other ones where awful american bs versions.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Bummey posted:

Also, other SP-01 people, do your 18 mags rattle when fully loaded?

Yes; nothing I've found beyond downloading does it. I download to 16 normally anyway to keep the same round count in every mag for steel plate. Those last two rounds aren't worth my thumbs.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

devmd01 posted:

Those last two rounds aren't worth my thumbs.

GetaLula

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 16, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

king of the bongo posted:

Sexiness.

Pretty much this. I have a 452fs and its a laser. The only real difference between it and the Lux however is that the wood goes all the way. Everything else is the same as far as I know.

It's on my list of guns that will never ever be sold, it's just so drat pretty.

miklm
Dec 7, 2003

What a cunning fellow.

Bummey posted:

GetaLula

Bought one last week, used it Monday. $28 well spent.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Two days after emailing Raven and asking why CZ was missing from the list of light compatible holsters, I check their site today and CZ is suddenly on said list. It's just the ugly duckling P-07 for now, but hopefully they'll get an SP-01 so I don't have to shame myself by ruining several sheets of Kydex.

miklm
Dec 7, 2003

What a cunning fellow.

Bummey posted:

Two days after emailing Raven and asking why CZ was missing from the list of light compatible holsters, I check their site today and CZ is suddenly on said list. It's just the ugly duckling P-07 for now, but hopefully they'll get an SP-01 so I don't have to shame myself by ruining several sheets of Kydex.

The P-07 is a beautiful swan when handled and shot.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

miklm posted:

The P-07 is a beautiful swan when handled and shot.

I ocassionaly get the urge to buy a P-07 while they are still cheap, but then I think of how I already have a compact CZ and that money would be much better spent on a SP-01.

Which, incidentally, there is a tactical model on arfcom right now for $500. Good deal.

Ninja Rope
Oct 22, 2005

Wee.

Does the P-07 have a ridiculously high bore axis or just look like it has a ridiculously high bore axis?

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

SP-01 for $500 out the door. Yay or nay? It's not going to be used for tacticool purposes, so the rail doesn't do me any good...am I better off saving the extra money and buying a standard full-size CZ later?

(glad I found it though...kept me from going to the Glockdark side.)

edit: CZ-Custom sells shadow top ends for $450. I am so tempted to make my PCR some sort of baller CCO Target Model Shadow Custom Carry gun.

IuniusBrutus fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jan 8, 2012

Bummey
May 26, 2004

My new Shadow went bang much today. It's so much nicer to shoot than the PCR.

I also didn't gently caress up the Kadet kit when I filed the slide for fitting and it properly locks back at the end of a magazine.

I love this pistol and I need more ammo right away.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction

I used to have a 452 silhouette and sold it because it was too easy to shoot with optics on it. (And it was right handed) Otherwise it was pretty boss.

How badly do I want this? http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/21738

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

J&G Sales has new CZ-83s (.380) for $350 and used CZ-82s (9x18) for $220. So, would you get an 82, a spare magazine, and 500 rounds of ammo, or an 83? How's the reliability of J&G's surplus 82s? Is 9x18 Makarov hard to find at the average gun shop?

Not Nipsy Russell
Oct 6, 2004

Failure is always an option.

Pham Nuwen posted:

J&G Sales has new CZ-83s (.380) for $350 and used CZ-82s (9x18) for $220. So, would you get an 82, a spare magazine, and 500 rounds of ammo, or an 83? How's the reliability of J&G's surplus 82s? Is 9x18 Makarov hard to find at the average gun shop?

I've had a Czech surplus CZ 82 for a few years. 9x18 is about the same price as .380, or even a little less. It's also in current production: you may not find it locally, but you'll be able to buy it in bulk online very easily.

Personally, I'd go with the 82. They're the same gun (but the 83 has a squared handguard), and pretty solid. $200 to $225 is pretty typical for price.

Ninja Rope
Oct 22, 2005

Wee.

IuniusBrutus posted:

SP-01 for $500 out the door. Yay or nay? It's not going to be used for tacticool purposes, so the rail doesn't do me any good...am I better off saving the extra money and buying a standard full-size CZ later?

I liked the SP-01 (not P-01, right?). If it were me I'd get it and do something to make sure the trigger is nice and crisp and that's it.

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

Not Nipsy Russell posted:

I've had a Czech surplus CZ 82 for a few years. 9x18 is about the same price as .380, or even a little less. It's also in current production: you may not find it locally, but you'll be able to buy it in bulk online very easily.

Personally, I'd go with the 82. They're the same gun (but the 83 has a squared handguard), and pretty solid. $200 to $225 is pretty typical for price.

Also, despite being the same gun as the 83, the 82 is C&R eligible.

Sadly the 82 rubs me the wrong way, literally. For some reason the backstrap just exfoliates my hand.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Ninja Rope posted:

I liked the SP-01 (not P-01, right?). If it were me I'd get it and do something to make sure the trigger is nice and crisp and that's it.

I'd jump on it and fix the trigger. I have been pointed towards http://www.cajungunworks.com/ for my SP-01 but I don't have any experience with them.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Pham Nuwen posted:

You've gotta go with a CZ-82. Definitely the 82.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Are there C&R 75s or is the 82 C&R just because the ATF said so and that's that.

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

Hickok45 made a small review of a CZ 527 chambered in 7.62x39.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu7EuQr6o4

Seems like a fun rifle.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Alaan posted:

Are there C&R 75s or is the 82 C&R just because the ATF said so and that's that.

Are pre-B posurp CZ 75s C&R?

As much as I love my shadow, I still want a beaten to poo poo pre-b or first model short slide rail 75.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"

Grimey Drawer

Heintron posted:

Seems like a fun rifle.

They are the most fun rifle.

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

Alaan posted:

Are there C&R 75s

no

Alaan posted:

is the 82 C&R just because the ATF said so and that's that.

yes

Longer story is that the very first production run of CZ-75s will be C&R-eligible in 2025 (when they are 50 years from date of manufacture). Somebody wrote the ATF saying that CZ-82 met certain criteria in its value as a curio or a relic to be classified as such a firearm. I can only speculate that it has something to do with being an issued small arm for the military and police of a nation that, officially, no longer exists.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

SadWhaleFamily posted:

no

yes

Longer story is that the very first production run of CZ-75s will be C&R-eligible in 2025 (when they are 50 years from date of manufacture). Somebody wrote the ATF saying that CZ-82 met certain criteria in its value as a curio or a relic to be classified as such a firearm. I can only speculate that it has something to do with being an issued small arm for the military and police of a nation that, officially, no longer exists.

I want to say that some museum curator (iirc from a government museum of some kind. maybe at one of the military academies?) wrote a letter saying the vz.82 had historical significance.

I'm willing to bet the ATF would approve original short-rail CZ-75s as C&R, but that would be of zero consequence to any of us.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

ABANDONED HOMEWORLD FOR SALE, CHEAP!!!
Custom desert-marsh conversion in galactic core, 12% oxygen atm., great weather, friendly native life (missing one moon). Great fix-er-upper. Must sell, alien invasion imminent. $3995 or best offer.

I believe it was that the vz. 82 was the first military issue pistol with polygonal rifling.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

Heintron posted:

Seems like a fun rifle.

Anyone know if you can get aperture sights on one of those? I looked around a bit and it looks like none are made. I would love one if I could get a longer sight radius with a peep rear.

powers
Jul 26, 2005

The Maller is an Amarrian frigate, used by hotdroppers.

~SMcD

Heintron posted:

Seems like a fun rifle.
This makes for an interestingly portable bolt carbine that I can run around and shoot hogs/coyotes with. I've been rolling around with high gr .223, or an AK, but that looks more to me.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

IuniusBrutus posted:

I want to say that some museum curator (iirc from a government museum of some kind. maybe at one of the military academies?) wrote a letter saying the vz.82 had historical significance.

I'm willing to bet the ATF would approve original short-rail CZ-75s as C&R, but that would be of zero consequence to any of us.

Curator of the West Point Museum. One of the clauses in the section of USC that defines what qualifies a firearm as a C&R states that a gun can become a C&R if a curator of a "municipal, state, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms" finds that the gun is "a curio or relic of museum interest." Here's a link to the ATF letter from the technology branch.

So basically someone Cyrano needs to become a curator at a podunk municipal museum that exhibits a couple of firearms (or hell, just create your own museum with your own firearms) and start spamming the ATF with letters requesting various firearms to be put on the C&R list.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

bunnielab posted:

They are the most fun rifle.
yessssssss

powers posted:

This makes for an interestingly portable bolt carbine that I can run around and shoot hogs/coyotes with.
They do come in .223 which may be more versatile as a coyote gun, but maybe the heavier 7.62 bullet would be better on hogs? idk. I've only shot groundhogs and skunks with mine (in x39).

rifles posted:

Anyone know if you can get aperture sights on one of those?
I am going to try this on mine. The CZ550 has a wider dovetail than the 527, but I'm hoping that the "claws" on both sides are floating (as opposed to one side being fixed to the base) will allow it to center on the receiver without too much fuss. If the sight itself needs some metalworking then I am fine with that.

That said, the factory irons are surprisingly nice. Don't be put off by the fact that they at first glance seem like AK sights with even less adjustability; the front dot & rear notch are a muuuuuch nicer picture than any other open/leaf sights I've used.

Uncle Caveman fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jan 10, 2012

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

iyaayas01 posted:

Curator of the West Point Museum. One of the clauses in the section of USC that defines what qualifies a firearm as a C&R states that a gun can become a C&R if a curator of a "municipal, state, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms" finds that the gun is "a curio or relic of museum interest." Here's a link to the ATF letter from the technology branch.

So basically someone Cyrano needs to become a curator at a podunk municipal museum that exhibits a couple of firearms (or hell, just create your own museum with your own firearms) and start spamming the ATF with letters requesting various firearms to be put on the C&R list.

Holy poo poo, that category (b) is a hell of a loophole. Did Mr. Jensen give any other reasons than "It's in my museum and I curated it"?

e: hell of a loophole meaning you'd have to go through the whole process of being a curator and then getting the guns

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

SadWhaleFamily posted:

Holy poo poo, that category (b) is a hell of a loophole. Did Mr. Jensen give any other reasons than "It's in my museum and I curated it"?

e: hell of a loophole meaning you'd have to go through the whole process of being a curator and then getting the guns
My post-lottery-win daydream of buying my own town so I can be the police chief and buy all the post-86 machine guns I want now has a part B where I open a municipal firearms museum. As curator I will be notifying the ATF that a lot more firearms are now C&R.

Seriously though I'm surprised that no one's tried using this for other firearms too. There has to be a pro-gun curator or two out there who could be convinced that certain <50 y.o. guns should be C&R.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

SadWhaleFamily posted:

Backup career found.

powers
Jul 26, 2005

The Maller is an Amarrian frigate, used by hotdroppers.

~SMcD

Craptacular posted:

My post-lottery-win daydream of buying my own town so I can be the police chief and buy all the post-86 machine guns I want now has a part B where I open a municipal firearms museum. As curator I will be notifying the ATF that a lot more firearms are now C&R.

Seriously though I'm surprised that no one's tried using this for other firearms too. There has to be a pro-gun curator or two out there who could be convinced that certain <50 y.o. guns should be C&R.
Let me know if you need employees when you win the lottery and make this happen. I'd quit my job and show up if this happened. I'll get myself elected to city council. You'll probably need someone on the city zoning commission to get your range approved.

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

Craptacular posted:

Like vz.58s and their US-receivered clones!

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

SadWhaleFamily posted:

All 1911's

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Pham Nuwen posted:

Ordered a CZ-82 because why not. I'll report back after it arrives, I wait 10 days (thanks CA!) and I take it to the range.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

SadWhaleFamily posted:

Speaking of vz 58s, where would be a good place to get one from? I'd want the weird red furniture, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

Bummey posted:

Speaking of vz 58s, where would be a good place to get one from? I'd want the weird red furniture, obviously.

J&G has some VZ-2008s for $500 in the awesome Slimjim stock you want.

EDIT! Czechpoint also has vz.58s without bayonet lug for about $800.

SadWhaleFamily fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jan 11, 2012