Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

I have a hankering for the new 75bd ultra. Is the new easy to disassemble trigger that much better then the hellraiser puzzlebox they usually are?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Roundboy posted:

I have a hankering for the new 75bd ultra. Is the new easy to disassemble trigger that much better then the hellraiser puzzlebox they usually are?

Omega not ultra, but yes, much easier, just watch some videos and compare the two. I'm not looking forward to working on my regular 75, and it's the worst of the worst being a decocker.

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

DeesGrandpa posted:

Thought about it, but it really is pretty great during actual firing, just feels subpar when dry firing. I'd snag it if it was ~$70, but this thing cost me $400 and I've got no urge to dump more than a case of ammo into the trigger.

The CGW upgrade is crazy worth it, my CZ 97B feels like a mid-range 1911.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

DeesGrandpa posted:

Thought about it, but it really is pretty great during actual firing, just feels subpar when dry firing.

How you know you aren't dryfiring enough

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

I just noticed the tag line on the P-10 C promo image, making a dig at Glock.

To quote Omar from the Wire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP-lrftLQaQ#t=119s

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

NickBlasta posted:

How you know you aren't dryfiring enough

This is a fair point.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Anyone have opinions on the CZ P07 Kadet kit?

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DeesGrandpa posted:

Anyone have opinions on the CZ P07 Kadet kit?

It's neat and good.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

OWLS! posted:

It's neat and good.

Cool, and to confirm you're not just talking about the normal Kadet kit for the other CZs right? The 07 one is hella different

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DeesGrandpa posted:

Cool, and to confirm you're not just talking about the normal Kadet kit for the other CZs right? The 07 one is hella different

Yep. The usual disclaimers about semi-autos and .22 ammo apply.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

Fiddy.

Nyc_Tattoo
Feb 28, 2001

Tread Carefully,
lest thou rouse the
Coupons Dragon

Grimey Drawer

Must Have....

FML, $73.39 plus shipping...

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

You could buy like 6 mags for that price

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

various cheeses posted:

True, but you can't cut out a reload with 6 mags.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

various cheeses posted:

That's just what someone dead in the streets with 5 unused mags would say

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

I was looking for magazines for my wife's P-09. $45 is the cheapest price I've found. Ouch.

I've gotten spoiled by cheap Glock magazine prices.

Nyc_Tattoo
Feb 28, 2001

Tread Carefully,
lest thou rouse the
Coupons Dragon

Grimey Drawer

NickBlasta posted:

Good point, but you better not have to reload because the product description contains this little gem,
"may or may not lock bolt open on last round fired."

If you're going to be nitpicky on the time it takes to reload, then to be fair that little bit of uncertainty or delay in knowing that you're empty shouldn't go unmentioned.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

PhotoKirk posted:

I was looking for magazines for my wife's P-09. $45 is the cheapest price I've found. Ouch.

I've gotten spoiled by cheap Glock magazine prices.

Yeeeeep. Thankfully the CZ75 mags I had on hand work in my P07 or I'd be pretty bummed

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

NickBlasta posted:

Why would I reload after the first 30 rounds when the Scorpions in each of my hands are still half full?

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Nyc_Tattoo posted:

Good point, but you better not have to reload because the product description contains this little gem,
"may or may not lock bolt open on last round fired."

If you're going to be nitpicky on the time it takes to reload, then to be fair that little bit of uncertainty or delay in knowing that you're empty shouldn't go unmentioned.

If you're dumping 50 rounds what're the odds that you notice the bolt locks open or do you just pull the trigger when the bolt is locked back anyway?

various cheeses posted:

Why would I reload after the first 30 rounds when the Scorpions in each of my hands are still half full?

Sometimes there's no improving on the original.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Anyone want some SP01 (steel frame, manual safety) compacts?

https://www.anacortesgunshop.com/cz-75-compact-9mm-rail-steel-frame-manual-safe-148051

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK

Slippery Tilde

Pakistan is getting Fiocci ammo and CZ rifles.
http://www.radio.gov.pk/24-Nov-2016/several-defence-mous-signed-during-ideas-2016-underway-in-karachi

I read that they have tentatively selected the CZ-806 BREN 2

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

B4Ctom1 posted:

Pakistan is getting Fiocci ammo and CZ rifles.
http://www.radio.gov.pk/24-Nov-2016/several-defence-mous-signed-during-ideas-2016-underway-in-karachi

I read that they have tentatively selected the CZ-806 BREN 2

Cant wait for those BREN 2's to show up in the hands of the Taliban and half a dozen other extremist orgs in the middle east before we get them here in the US.

Eat a chode Pakistan

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

CZ with some more cool poo poo:

7.62x39 or .300 BO, 16" threaded barrel.

I wish they kept the carbine's irons though.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Those would just be P-01s.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

Both P01s I've owned were alloy framed and decocker

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

Those are steel compacts, not P-01s. Although compact CZs have a weird history of names and configurations where sometimes even the name on the slide isn't an an indicator of what it is.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

drat you CZ, stop being so confusing with your products.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

ThinkFear posted:

CZ with some more cool poo poo:

7.62x39 or .300 BO, 16" threaded barrel.

I wish they kept the carbine's irons though.

This will go mighty fine in .300blk with the .300 suppressor I have in jail, what's the model?

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

devmd01 posted:

This will go mighty fine in .300blk with the .300 suppressor I have in jail, what's the model?

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Has CZs quality/QC gone up a lot in the past few years? I'm using some old posts on other forums as a reference when installing my CGW kit and my parts are finished so much better than stuff I've seen online.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Manticore's new scorpion evo handguards

Bummey fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Dec 9, 2016

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco

Bummey posted:

oof. I"m not sold on buying any of them. But the HBI ones look a lot better to me.

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

Bummey posted:

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

It looks like an AR15 handguard.

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Finally got the missing piece of the puzzle - a .40 barrel.

I now have 9, .40 and .357Sig barrels, with 9 mags for each.

I shot my first Level 2 IPSC Match on the weekend with the CZ, came third in my division (D Grade Standard). Was winning up until the last stage where I just had to shoot a penalty target which tanked my score hard. I have footage if anyone is interested in having a look?

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Hennig posted:

I shot my first Level 2 IPSC Match on the weekend with the CZ, came third in my division (D Grade Standard). Was winning up until the last stage where I just had to shoot a penalty target which tanked my score hard. I have footage if anyone is interested in having a look?

Post it.

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyXb0UAAvnI

Not my best shooting, just didn't want to get DQ'd at my first big match 😂

Unskilled Labour
Jul 23, 2009

Hennig posted:

You shoot in Australia, right? Which match did you shoot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Unskilled Labour posted:

You shoot in Australia, right? Which match did you shoot?

The Grand Slam at the Gold Coast Pistol Club.