Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

MC Hawking posted:

Yeah DeesGrandpa! It's super smooth. My biggest issue with the pistol is the mag release (on mine) is pretty stiff and kinda gritty. I imagine some dirt worked its way in there at some point and there's no real way to smooth it out without taking the darn thing apart but that's way over my decidedly amateur level of smithing.

My mag catch was also sticky, taking it apart and cleaning it helped a bunch, as did a little deburring. IIRC you just pop out the large pin holding the trigger guard in place and the mag catch assembly will come out with that, then you have to pull out one pin from the top and that will drop out the mag catch bits. There's an upper and lower piece to the mag catch (the lower piece locks into the magazine and the upper interacts with the mag release button and cams the lower piece out of the way releasing the magazine, it's actually a pretty cool little mechanism), the button itself and a spring. Remember the orientation of the upper and lower piece and you'll have no problems taking it apart/putting it back together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

I thought cz83s were the commercial ones? And weren't really issued? Though I think there was a batch that came from Israel recently.

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

Under no circumstances are you to remove the hammer and sear assembly on a CZ-82/83. They're held in by staked pins for a reason. I did a detail strip of my 82 thinking it couldn't be too complicated since I'm pretty solid mechanically and it took me three weeks of futzing and getting upset at it before it went in again. You'll be making blind pins out of toothpicks, reducing the radius with sandpaper, and thinking that the Hellraiser puzzlebox has less downside.

But yeah, awesome guns to shoot. I love mine with some wood grips on it.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

E2M2 posted:

I thought cz83s were the commercial ones? And weren't really issued? Though I think there was a batch that came from Israel recently.

Yep. There were some 83's in .38 that were issued. For the most part though, the 83s in .32acp and .38 are commercial, and the 9mak ones are milsurp.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames

Fun Shoe

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

My mag catch was also sticky, taking it apart and cleaning it helped a bunch, as did a little deburring. IIRC you just pop out the large pin holding the trigger guard in place and the mag catch assembly will come out with that, then you have to pull out one pin from the top and that will drop out the mag catch bits. There's an upper and lower piece to the mag catch (the lower piece locks into the magazine and the upper interacts with the mag release button and cams the lower piece out of the way releasing the magazine, it's actually a pretty cool little mechanism), the button itself and a spring. Remember the orientation of the upper and lower piece and you'll have no problems taking it apart/putting it back together.

Thanks DR GRAPE APE but I will have you know I don't have any punches and have only made it this far in gun smithing through sheer ornery self loathing and improvisation so god knows if I can package that into something that'll tap out a trigger group in something with tighter tolerances than the distended bunghole of a 10/22 triggerpack..

E2M2 posted:

Mine shows considerable holster wear and CDISales didn't specify what nation they got theirs from and I don't really know where to get information on proof markings to determine where it has been issued. If anyone has info on this I would be eternally grateful. I've done some digging but haven't really turned up much. My best guess is it's a police trade in. Either way, I'm happy. It's a darn shame CZ stopped making them but I'm not really surprised. Speaking of 380 Auto, I was just checking CDI out if curiosity and it looks like they've gotten a small truckload of Beretta 84F series pistols in since I was shopping a couple months back for this CZ. All of those are in far superior condition to their current stock of CZ83's...

Edit: for those few of you who give a gently caress and don't want to look for it, here's the best breakdown and reassembly vid of the cz83 on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv31Mr1XLsE

MC Hawking fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jan 5, 2017

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

MC Hawking posted:

Thanks DR GRAPE APE but I will have you know I don't have any punches and have only made it this far in gun smithing through sheer ornery self loathing and improvisation so god knows if I can package that into something that'll tap out a trigger group in something with tighter tolerances than the distended bunghole of a 10/22 triggerpack..

Yeahhhhh, you should fix that. These are great, the same punch set that is used in HK Armorer classes. Then all you need is a baby hammer (~2oz-4oz). This is how the slippery slope to tool ownership starts.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

I asked when I bought my beat to poo poo CZ75BD from them. Israel. Assuming them just imported whatever they could.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

I have a dumb newbie question but a guy on my work classifieds is selling a Scorpion Evo 3s1 pistol with a Sig brace for peanuts. He claims it is SBR compliant but I'm asking here before I buy it and commit an accidental felony. Thoughts?

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

DonkeyHotay posted:

I have a dumb newbie question but a guy on my work classifieds is selling a Scorpion Evo 3s1 pistol with a Sig brace for peanuts. He claims it is SBR compliant but I'm asking here before I buy it and commit an accidental felony. Thoughts?

Sig brace with no VFG is just a pistol, once you buy it you can apply for a SBR stamp and add a stock once its approved or just leave it as a pistol. So if its just a evo and sig brace its just fine. It sounds like he is trying to say "SBR compliant = not a SBR".

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

ZebraBlade posted:

Sig brace with no VFG is just a pistol, once you buy it you can apply for a SBR stamp and add a stock once its approved or just leave it as a pistol. So if its just a evo and sig brace its just fine. It sounds like he is trying to say "SBR compliant = not a SBR".

OK, thanks. I'm pretty sure that is what he meant by the SBR compliant and it definitely has no vfg. New gun time!

Nyc_Tattoo
Feb 28, 2001

Tread Carefully,
lest thou rouse the
Coupons Dragon

Grimey Drawer

DonkeyHotay posted:

How much is peanuts? PSA has the Evo on sale for $729 this weekend.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Nyc_Tattoo posted:

How much is peanuts? PSA has the Evo on sale for $729 this weekend.

Gun + brace + 2 30rd mags + 3 20rd mags for $550. Seemed like a decent price over what's on GunBroker.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

DonkeyHotay posted:

Gun + brace + 2 30rd mags + 3 20rd mags for $550. Seemed like a decent price over what's on GunBroker.

Uhhhhhh yeah that's a buy it now price for sure.

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

DonkeyHotay posted:

goddamn them all

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

DonkeyHotay posted:

Buy that immediately even if you don't want it

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

various cheeses posted:

Liam Acerbus
Sep 17, 2007

No, let me buy it.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

various cheeses posted:

Ok I bought it and it's pretty drat cool, even if I can't shoot when it's 20(!) below 0. If I were looking to SBR it and looking at how to go about applying for the tax stamp, would I be well or badly served to apply for a suppressor stamp at the same time?

Nyc_Tattoo
Feb 28, 2001

Tread Carefully,
lest thou rouse the
Coupons Dragon

Grimey Drawer

DonkeyHotay posted:

Ok I bought it and it's pretty drat cool, even if I can't shoot when it's 20(!) below 0. If I were looking to SBR it and looking at how to go about applying for the tax stamp, would I be well or badly served to apply for a suppressor stamp at the same time?

They are two different forms and two different things, with their own approval times. Just put them in but don't expect them to be approved at the same time.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Metal feed lips. Finally.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Hahaha gently caress I just bought a bunch of CZ mags.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I'm happy that they aren't $rape. $29.95.

Still more than the $20 factory ones, but not like Sig MPX levels.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

wwwwelp. Good thing I only bought two mags.

Now where's the P10c?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

Bad Dog

Wow, Manticore finally released a Scorpion product that isn't ugly balls and $$$

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Ill try a Manticore mag or two, but ive never had a problem with the factory mags after a lot of rounds. Im over 3k through the Evo by now easily.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Yeah I only really care about the 922r parts

Illegal Clown
Feb 18, 2004

Tyro posted:

Yeah I only really care about the 922r parts

Same, it's not hard to swap in the American parts, but it's annoying having to buy extra parts whenever I buy more mags. I have about a dozen factory mags but I'm always willing to get more.

Illegal Clown
Feb 18, 2004

Sorry my computer made a double post.

Illegal Clown fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 10, 2017

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPqYhYrwQrU

Whelp my wife shoots a hell of a lot better than I did the first time I picked up a handgun. That's 177PF .40 out of the TS.

And yeah.. apparently I thought it was NIIIIICCEEE (Gary).

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

AIM has these Scorpion Evo Apex grips for $24 shipped. I don't know how good they are, and they are a bit ugly, but they've got that steeper grip angle I've been looking for and they're way cheaper than every other grip.

https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XAPEX116110

Bummey fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jan 10, 2017

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Apparently Beta-C will be releasing a high cap mag for it this year as well.

Fleshwalker
Jan 10, 2017

Does anyone here have any experience with the CZ75

Fleshwalker
Jan 10, 2017

Fleshwalker posted:

Does anyone here have any experience with the CZ75

*with the CZ75 compact? I've watched reviews on it, but i've also heard from people IRL that it's a piece of poo poo, for one thing or another, being recoil, or poo poo breaking, finish being bad, etc.

Also sorry for the hosed up post. Literally my first post ever, and it just sort of posted on its own. rip.

Fleshwalker fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 10, 2017

timn
Mar 16, 2010

Bummey posted:

AIM has these Scorpion Evo Apex grips for $24 shipped. I don't know how good they are, and they are a bit ugly, but they've got that steeper grip angle I've been looking for and they're way cheaper than every other grip.

https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XAPEX116110

Trip report if you get one. I've been curious about steeper angle pistol grips on rifles and the scorpion seems perfect for trying it out.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty

Fun Shoe

I like shooting my CZ75BD in spite of its mousetrap trigger but i only have a few hundred rounds through it. CZ's epoxy finish can be a bit ugly but other than that I don't know of anything being wrong with the compacts.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Fleshwalker posted:

*with the CZ75 compact? I've watched reviews on it, but i've also heard from people IRL that it's a piece of poo poo, for one thing or another, being recoil, or poo poo breaking, finish being bad, etc.

Also sorry for the hosed up post. Literally my first post ever, and it just sort of posted on its own. rip.

I've been happy with mine, owned it for nearly 10 years, daily carried it for 6 of them. Finish has held up pretty well, normal holster wear, etc. Only thing i've had to do is replace the recoil springs a couple of times. Recoil is a bit snappy but it's a short-barreled 9mm, what do you expect? It's also been very reliable, any issues I ran into were quickly solved with a fresh recoil spring.

Fleshwalker
Jan 10, 2017

devmd01 posted:

I've been happy with mine, owned it for nearly 10 years, daily carried it for 6 of them. Finish has held up pretty well, normal holster wear, etc. Only thing i've had to do is replace the recoil springs a couple of times. Recoil is a bit snappy but it's a short-barreled 9mm, what do you expect? It's also been very reliable, any issues I ran into were quickly solved with a fresh recoil spring.

Well that's good news. It's going to be the first handgun I ever buy, if I don't buy a pre-b first. Love CZ's.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

Apparently Beta-C will be releasing a high cap mag for it this year as well.

Hopefully it actually works and doesn't cost $300.

I bet we are going to see some really cool Evo stuff at SHOT next week, also tons and tons of stupid Evo stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty

Fun Shoe

Speaking of Pre-Bs what's the going rate on them these days?