Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Miso Beno posted:

Speaking of Pre-Bs what's the going rate on them these days?

Last I looked there are still some surplus ones sneaking in with varying degrees of wear, ones that need a refinish are like $375-400, ones with wear but look good are ~$500.

e: it was Cole Distributing/CDI that had them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

If anyone wants a FDE Side Project link/Zhukov stock it looks like they are in stock for $219 at Only the Best.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Tyro posted:

If anyone wants a FDE Side Project link/Zhukov stock it looks like they are in stock for $219 at Only the Best.

Nah. I like being able to use the sights.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

I think my current white whale is a pre-B CZ75 that is stamped Made in Czechoslovakia and takes the newer mags. Basically a transitional model stamped Czechoslovakia. It feels like such a unique thing to search for.

That Works
Jul 21, 2006

As someone new to this, what are the functional / mechanical / cosmetic differences between a 75b and "pre B" ?

Jehde
Apr 20, 2010

That Works posted:

As someone new to this, what are the functional / mechanical / cosmetic differences between a 75b and "pre B" ?

The B stands for firing pin Block, a drop safety. Pre-Bs tend to have older style grips, and super old Pre-Bs have shorter rails.

Blight Runner posted:

I think my current white whale is a pre-B CZ75 that is stamped Made in Czechoslovakia and takes the newer mags. Basically a transitional model stamped Czechoslovakia. It feels like such a unique thing to search for.

I think I have exactly this? Pre-B, made in Czechoslovakia, long rail instead of short rail, and seems to be happy with whatever CZ75 mag I give it, '86 stamp I think?

Jehde fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jan 11, 2017

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

Fleshwalker posted:

*with the CZ75 compact? I've watched reviews on it, but i've also heard from people IRL that it's a piece of poo poo, for one thing or another, being recoil, or poo poo breaking, finish being bad, etc.

Also sorry for the hosed up post. Literally my first post ever, and it just sort of posted on its own. rip.

Don't post again

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Jehde posted:

The B stands for firing pin Block, a drop safety. Pre-Bs tend to have older style grips, and super old Pre-Bs have shorter rails.

This leads to it having a nicer SA trigger too.

e: you can remove the block from Bs and install a spacer and achieve the same thing but you'll have an ugly hole in your slide with a roll pin in it vs. the nice pre-b/85 Combat/Shadow slides with no hole.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fleshwalker posted:

*with the CZ75 compact? I've watched reviews on it, but i've also heard from people IRL that it's a piece of poo poo, for one thing or another, being recoil, or poo poo breaking, finish being bad, etc.

Honest answer, fanboys of any particular manufacturer like to poo poo on all other manufacturers for being pieces of poo poo, being unreliable, etc, etc, autistic screeching.

Autistic screeching aside, a modern CZ75(compact, whatever) is a fine gun and will serve you well. Are there things that might break or the finish might chip or something if you shoot the drat thing more than 2k rounds a day, daily for years? Yeah probably. Is this going to affect every single handgun on the market? You betcha. Will this ever affect 99.9999999% of any goon shooters? Hell to the Naw, and even then I notice more people with raceguns here in the CZ thread for :reasons:.

The recoil is fine, no more than any comparable gun, probably less than a few. (For instance - I don't like the way 9mm glocks recoil, but this is just my preference.) I've never experienced any problems with finish on any of my CZs and poo poo hasn't really ever broken. They tend to be a bit stiff when you first pick them up, but they generally tend to smooth out ~200 rounds in. In my experience this goes for pretty much all new guns though.

If you have a chance - head out to a range that lets you rent guns, and see if they have what you're looking for, and try it out.

And if you ever hear a gun nerd sperging out about such and such a model being a piece of poo poo recoil monster and they aren't talking about some obviously silly handcannon or saturday night special, it probably isn't, and it's just their nerd fantasy getting the best of them. Or they shoot guns way more than most people in this hobby, and have some pretty specific circumstances and reasons as to why they chose one platform over another. (Notable exception is things like the remington r51, but you'll find pretty detailed explanations as to why and how exactly they are crap).

OWLS! fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jan 11, 2017

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

How the does a CZ75 compact, a steel framed gun, have horrible recoil? Was this review done by Gersh Kuntzman?

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Jehde posted:

I think I have exactly this? Pre-B, made in Czechoslovakia, long rail instead of short rail, and seems to be happy with whatever CZ75 mag I give it, '86 stamp I think?

That's awesome! Maybe that can be my goal this year, get that white whale. Hopefully if I narrow things down to that year and the seller has good pics, I might luck out. It shall go well with my West German Sigs. Something fun about having a gun made in a country that isn't around anymore. Good piece of history Thanks for the info.

Jehde
Apr 20, 2010

Blight Runner posted:

That's awesome! Maybe that can be my goal this year, get that white whale. Hopefully if I narrow things down to that year and the seller has good pics, I might luck out. It shall go well with my West German Sigs. Something fun about having a gun made in a country that isn't around anymore. Good piece of history Thanks for the info.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Mar 30, 2017

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Huh, this appears to match what we're talking about here. If it's made in '92, it SHOULD take modern mags. It doesn't have the spurred hammer, but that can be bought aftermarket I suppose. Guess I should sign up for a gunbroker account.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/611828342

edit: gently caress it, did the BUY IT NOW

Blight Runner fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jan 12, 2017

Bummey
May 26, 2004

This kind of owns. Some guy on the cz forum took a Rami slide and modified some bits to make it fit a PCR frame. Want.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=69370.0

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

Bummey posted:

This kind of owns. Some guy on the cz forum took a Rami slide and modified some bits to make it fit a PCR frame. Want.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=69370.0

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

Grab A Gun has TS Oranges in stock, if loving sweet rear end baller pistols are your thing.

http://grabagun.com/cz-75-tact-orange-9mm-20-1-5-4.html

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Dammit, that's pretty much the only CZ pistol I want right now. Definitely not in the budget though.

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty

Fun Shoe

Snowman Crossing posted:

Grab A Gun has TS Oranges in stock, if loving sweet rear end baller pistols are your thing.

http://grabagun.com/cz-75-tact-orange-9mm-20-1-5-4.html

Flatland Crusoe
Jan 12, 2011

Great White Hunter
Master Race

Let me explain why I'm better than you

So a week ago I picked up my CZ628 28 gauge which has only been out since Shot show.

Last night I pulled it apart the gun looking for potential improvements. It turned out the trigger sear was very rough machined and then painted. The trigger had been a slightly too heavy 5.5 lbs on my scale. After about 10 minutes with a file and some 500 and 1000 grit sandpaper the trigger was down to 4 lbs and much cleaner.

Hopefully the slide will continue to break in as any good pump will.

I'm going to shoot it for the first time this weekend.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Flatland Crusoe posted:

So a week ago I picked up my CZ628 28 gauge which has only been out since Shot show.

Last night I pulled it apart the gun looking for potential improvements. It turned out the trigger sear was very rough machined and then painted. The trigger had been a slightly too heavy 5.5 lbs on my scale. After about 10 minutes with a file and some 500 and 1000 grit sandpaper the trigger was down to 4 lbs and much cleaner.

Hopefully the slide will continue to break in as any good pump will.

I'm going to shoot it for the first time this weekend.

That's a really nice stock for a gun that price.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

https://www.facebook.com/czusafirearms/posts/10154219903122401

quote:

Yesterday we received word that our parent company, CZUB, has experienced further delays in the production of the P-10 C. Since SHOT Show, our ETA on the first shipment has been bumped back every few days. Discussions with the factory revealed that the realistic date for first delivery is in late April. We apologize for the delay, we truly expected to begin delivery in January.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

I was about to make a post yesterday asking if anyone had seen a P-10C in the wild, guess there's my answer. It seems everything CZ makes is fashionably late to the market.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

I should get a P10C to go with my MDR in delayland

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

Also hearing they are really late getting fde EVOS out to people that ordered.

Cz, we ship on time, 60% of the time .

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

Does anybody know of a place that has CZ 75 SAO's in stock?

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dogbrisket posted:

Does anybody know of a place that has CZ 75 SAO's in stock?

No, and looking at the CZ website it seems they moved quite a few models, including the SAO and CZ-85s into the Discontinued/Limited Availability category.

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

No, and looking at the CZ website it seems they moved quite a few models, including the SAO and CZ-85s into the Discontinued/Limited Availability category.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Damnit CZ why dont you offer a CZ 527 in 6.5 Grendel that is threaded. Guess im buying a Howa mini action

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

It costs around $40 for a gunsmith to thread something?

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

CZ also offers stripped actions to build on. Not sure about mags that will work with 6.5 G tho.

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

Also I hit up CZ USA and the replied and told me they're restocking the 75 SA as fast as they can, but it may be late spring early summer before they're easy to get. Yay I guess.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

You don't know it, but the SAO CZ you want is: http://oakhillguns.com/cz-75-shadow-sa-9mm-custom-shop-black-polycoat-16-round-pistol-short-reset-trigger-comp-sights-91711.html The biggies are no FPB (and since it never had one to begin with, no unsightly hole in the slide), nicer safety, and competition hammer. It's basically the perfect range gun CZ, I want one like all hell, and a Kadet kit to go with it but haven't seen one in stock since last September.

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

Yeah but I'm pretty sure it's not on the CA roster.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

I'm so sorry

Luckily you can do all those modifications easily. Heck, if you don't feel like waiting you can buy a regular old CZ-75 and make it SAO by removing the disconnector from the hammer.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

I would love CZ to do a fresh take on a 10mm that isn't some Dan Wesson pimp gat. Not saying DW's bad by any means, rather a piece that's around the same price as the P07 and hopefully in the same ergos.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

R-Type posted:

I would love CZ to do a fresh take on a 10mm that isn't some Dan Wesson pimp gat. Not saying DW's bad by any means, rather a piece that's around the same price as the P07 and hopefully in the same ergos.

How about CZ's weird italian cousin? https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog...14%2B1+10mm+4.5

Tanfoglio is one of the few manufacturers still pumping out a lot of 10mms.

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

How about CZ's weird italian cousin? https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog...14%2B1+10mm+4.5

Tanfoglio is one of the few manufacturers still pumping out a lot of 10mms.

Yeah dude. Or if you want to drop a G for a gun with the best name ever, go for their Witness Hunter in 10mm.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/2084_21_231/products_id/60765/EAA+600252+Witness+Hunter+14+1+10mm+6%22

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Snowman Crossing posted:

Yeah dude. Or if you want to drop a G for a gun with the best name ever, go for their Witness Hunter in 10mm.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/2084_21_231/products_id/60765/EAA+600252+Witness+Hunter+14+1+10mm+6%22

I nearly did exactly that, still might, but can't decide between that one and the Witness Elite Stock III (which is basically the most uncool name ever).

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

I have it in my head that I've heard rumors of EAA 10mm pistols cracking their own frames, are they actually good to go and I'm misremembering something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

EAA is poo poo, so yeah. Don't buy that.