Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funkyaintit
Nov 2, 2002
funky it is!

What's the main difference between the CZ 82 and the 83? I want one in .380, and I'm trying to decide if there is some reason to pick one over the other, aside from price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

ABANDONED HOMEWORLD FOR SALE, CHEAP!!!
Custom desert-marsh conversion in galactic core, 12% oxygen atm., great weather, friendly native life (missing one moon). Great fix-er-upper. Must sell, alien invasion imminent. $3995 or best offer.

funkyaintit posted:

What's the main difference between the CZ 82 and the 83? I want one in .380, and I'm trying to decide if there is some reason to pick one over the other, aside from price.

The difference is the trigger guard, and I think that's about it, really. You can put a .380 barrel in an 82, but the .380 barrels don't have the polygonal rifling that the 9x18 barrels have, if that's something you're interested in at all.

funkyaintit
Nov 2, 2002
funky it is!

Thanks for the info. Are the examples from J&G usually in pretty good shape? I don't mind saving some money (or even getting a 9mm Mak model with a .380 barrel) but I don't want to have to put a bunch of money into refinishing it or fixing it compared to a new 83. I like the glossy blue on the new 83s, so maybe that's my best option.

In other CZ news, I've got a P-01 on order. Since getting my 75B SA about 6 months ago, I've got CZ FEVER.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

Custom desert-marsh conversion in galactic core, 12% oxygen atm., great weather, friendly native life (missing one moon). Great fix-er-upper. Must sell, alien invasion imminent. $3995 or best offer.

Don't bother with J&G. Wideners has them for 200 with two mags. Mags are kinda hard to come by, and pricey when you do.

I refinished my 82's slide with a sanding block, dremel polisher, and cold blue. It looks pretty good.

P-01s are awesome.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus

Yams Fan

Steak Flavored Gum posted:

I refinished my 82's slide with a sanding block, dremel polisher, and cold blue. It looks pretty good.

You should post a picture of this.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

SadWhaleFamily posted:

J&G has some VZ-2008s for $500 in the awesome Slimjim stock you want.

EDIT! Czechpoint also has vz.58s without bayonet lug for about $800.

What's the difference between the two? Why is Czechpoint's $300 more? Is it because J&G's are Century? I don't really know anything about all these importers and whatnot.

J&G, with 5 additional mags, is certainly looking like the way to go.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Yep. My Czechpoint 58 was actually assembled by Waffen Works, I don't remember who does the reciever. The barrels are also chromed, and there are a few other differences. From what I've heard, Czechpoint rifles are more polished, and have better machining, but the centuries are cheaper so v0v.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Bear in mind Centurys are no longer produced, so you may have trouble getting service done on them if the need arises.

Oliver Madly
Aug 17, 2008

Do I have any chance of being able to find a Kadet Kit for my 75? I've got some money and I'm looking around for one but most online stores seem to be out.

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

There is one in the classifieds that is not marked as sold yet. Local forum classifieds, budsgunshop, czcustom are the places to check usually.

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

kuffs posted:

I used to have a 452 silhouette and sold it because it was too easy to shoot with optics on it. (And it was right handed) Otherwise it was pretty boss.

How badly do I want this? http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/21738

It was eerily accurate. Of all of the 452's I've owned (four at last count), it was definitely the most accurate out of the box.

powers
Jul 26, 2005

The Maller is an Amarrian frigate, used by hotdroppers.

~SMcD

CZ SP01 Shadow owners, tell me about your awesome pistol.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

powers posted:

Just do it, get the Shadow. They're pretty awesome pistols. Great weight, ergos, natural pointing, easy recoil - especially with the kadet kit, the drat thing doesn't even twitch. Just fun times all around.

powers
Jul 26, 2005

~SMcD

Bummey posted:

Just do it, get the Shadow. They're pretty awesome pistols. Great weight, ergos, natural pointing, easy recoil - especially with the kadet kit, the drat thing doesn't even twitch. Just fun times all around.

Does it look goofy with the cadet kit? I was trying to picture it because they have noticeably different frames. You guys were playing mix and match frames a few pages back, so I had that in my head.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

powers posted:

Does it look goofy with the cadet kit? I was trying to picture it because they have noticeably different frames. You guys were playing mix and match frames a few pages back, so I had that in my head.

The short slide was a PCR/P-01 slide, not the Kadet. The Kadet slide is full size and it doesn't look any different with it on.

You will have to file some metal off a few parts of the Kadet slide for it to fit on the SP-01, however. I took it very, very slowly because my hands are retarded.

powers
Jul 26, 2005

~SMcD

Bummey posted:

The short slide was a PCR/P-01 slide, not the Kadet. The Kadet slide is full size and it doesn't look any different with it on.

You will have to file some metal off a few parts of the Kadet slide for it to fit on the SP-01, however. I took it very, very slowly because my hands are retarded.

I will find someone with cerebal palsy and request that they file it down.

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

powers posted:

We can still play if you want.

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

Bummey posted:

What's the difference between the two? Why is Czechpoint's $300 more? Is it because J&G's are Century? I don't really know anything about all these importers and whatnot.

J&G, with 5 additional mags, is certainly looking like the way to go.

If you're getting vz.58 magazines, don't buy them from J&G. Get them from AIM Surplus for $12 a pop (and 4 mags gets you a mag pouch)

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus

Yams Fan

How different is the Phantom slide from a SP-01/Shadow ? Are they interchangeable at all?

I kinda want to trade up.

By "kinda" I mean "I really want to, but money"

powers
Jul 26, 2005

~SMcD

king of the bongo posted:

We can still play if you want.

Holy shiiit. Those grips are pretty neat, but I was looking at those thin grips from CZcustom. I was actually going to get the whole thing from CZcustom with a Single Action Only trigger install. I've never done the whole DA thing and I don't want to start now.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

New CZ day is the best day:

Traded my AR for it, the light, some ammo, and a nice chunk of cash. AR was a bone stock PSA build. Supposedly only has 200 rounds through it...but the wear on the finish of the slide rails and inside of the slide makes me think otherwise. Tt DOES look similiar to my PCR though, which has ~1500 rounds through it. Maybe CZ just doesn't finish the insides of the slides that well? Does anyone have a SP-01 they could compare?

With the light this thing is holy gently caress heavy. Even without it makes my Beretta seem a bit light. Going to take it out tomorrow and see how it shoots - I don't expect to be disappointed. I'm digging on the "new" grip angle and beaver tail as well - it feels even better than the standard CZ grip. It has the rubber grip pannels on it right now, but I'm probably going to throw a set of the CZ cocobolo checkered grips on it. DA trigger is heavy but smooth, the SA isn't too heavy but it's much easier to notice the grit in it. I'll put a few hundred rounds through it and the nconsider having CZ-Custom do a trigger job. Doubt I'll do a SA conversion on it, though. Already stuck the slide on my PCR to see how it looks as well, and I think I'll have to invest in standard CZ75 shadow upper for my PCR when I get $450 to spend.

It's a little annoying that I had to dump my brand new AR to get it, but it was never shot and not built from anything rare/hard to get, so it'll be easy to replace, and I'll get MUCH more use out of this.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

I got a CZ a while ago. Finally got a good photo of it.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I went down to the south bay yesterday and filled out the transfer paperwork on the CZ-82, got to play with the gun for a minute before I left (10 day waiting period, yay!). It's full of cosmoline, and in the little bit of time I spent playing with it, couldn't get the slide to lock back on an empty magazine. When I finally do get my hands on it, I intend to clean the gunk out... could all the grease be the reason the slide wasn't locking? The magazine is also a bit gunky, which may have something to do with it.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

IuniusBrutus posted:

Supposedly only has 200 rounds through it...but the wear on the finish of the slide rails and inside of the slide makes me think otherwise. Tt DOES look similiar to my PCR though, which has ~1500 rounds through it. Maybe CZ just doesn't finish the insides of the slides that well? Does anyone have a SP-01 they could compare?

With the light this thing is holy gently caress heavy.

You have chosen well. Can you get a picture of the wear on the insides? I bought my shadow heavily used and it looks fine. I only have an iphone for a camera, but I can take some lovely pictures to compare.

I like the weight! My PCR and PPS are practically weightless to me now. As a side effect it has spoiled me on recoil because I feel it a lot more in those two now.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 14, 2012

Nubcakes
Jan 11, 2009

If it isn't broken...
Take it apart and improve it!

Funny... I decided on New Years Eve to get a CZ75 SP01 too. Though my choice was influenced by shooting a Glock 17 and Beretta 92F for the first time. I couldn't believe how much easier they were to shoot than my TTC. My friend said if I was interested in getting a 9X19mm pistol similar to my TTC that handled like either the Glock or Beretta 92F, the CZ-75 was my best bet. I don't know if I'll ever use the accessory rail on the SP01, but it was only 30 bucks more.

So yea, for 620 US dollars here is my first NEW guy I've ever bought side by side with the TTC;

The take down is very similar!

The whole gun feels a little weird but far more comfortable than my TTC. It's FAR more controllable than the TTC for me. I am having trouble coming to terms with just how superior the CZ75 is. I almost can't compare the two.

edit; the CZ weighs significantly more but it still feels better in my hand.
edit2; Oh yea, the SP01 also came with tritium sights which are extremely nice.

Nubcakes fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 14, 2012

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

I just realized that i've had my SP01 for 5 years now. First gun best gun.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Someone should go to the Indy 1500, bring their SP-01/TLR-1 and get a shitload of Raven holsters made.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jan 15, 2012

GlitterBob
Mar 29, 2010

powers posted:

Love it. Get one!

Those are the slim aluminum grips you mentioned earlier. The screws they ship with tend to unscrew themselves every 200 rounds or so. Nothing you can't fix yourself, just consider investing in some thread locking agent if you decide to get these. No complaints apart from that.

Goldfinger
Aug 6, 2006

I just got a new SP-01 too. Waited until my new grips arrived to post a pic.

The grips are VZ Frag pattern in black G10. Now I'm waiting for a kydex holster to ship.

Goldfinger fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 15, 2012

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Bummey posted:

You have chosen well. Can you get a picture of the wear on the insides? I bought my shadow heavily used and it looks fine. I only have an iphone for a camera, but I can take some lovely pictures to compare.

I like the weight! My PCR and PPS are practically weightless to me now. As a side effect it has spoiled me on recoil because I feel it a lot more in those two now.

http://i.imgur.com/MZzfN.jpg

Most of the finish is gone from the slide rails and where the locking lugs engage. Not sure if thats normal on these. There is also a pink tint to some of the metal on the barrel and frame, not sure if that's normal discoloration from CLP or what? In any case, I shot 50 rounds through it today and recoil is minimal, accuracy is amazing, and I shoot it every bit as good as my PCR, which was worrying me. I'm pretty much hooked.

Also, I know there has to be somewhere here with a P-07...I've seen a couple dirt cheap used ones lately. How are they?

IuniusBrutus fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 16, 2012

powers
Jul 26, 2005

~SMcD

GlitterBob posted:

Love it. Get one!

Those are the slim aluminum grips you mentioned earlier. The screws they ship with tend to unscrew themselves every 200 rounds or so. Nothing you can't fix yourself, just consider investing in some thread locking agent if you decide to get these. No complaints apart from that.
This looks like what I want, down to the sights and grips.

Ninja Rope
Oct 22, 2005

Wee.

IuniusBrutus posted:

[Most of the finish is gone from the slide rails and where the locking lugs engage. Not sure if thats normal on these. There is also a pink tint to some of the metal on the barrel and frame, not sure if that's normal discoloration from CLP or what?

I wouldn't worry too much about the finish or discoloration. Take it down and clean it real good and make sure there aren't any cracks or burrs (look closely!) before putting it back together. Does it rattle excessively? Does it shoot reliably and straight? All the finish wear proves is that it's been shot, if it passes the other tests then there is nothing to worry about.

BeanTaco
Apr 14, 2011

powers posted:

This makes for an interestingly portable bolt carbine that I can run around and shoot hogs/coyotes with. I've been rolling around with high gr .223, or an AK, but that looks more to me.

Basically, if you could hunt something with 30-30 you can hunt it with x39.
Also they are indeed the most fun rifle.
After you supress it of course

tawm
Feb 17, 2011

Went to a gun show this weekend, and for once they had EXACTLY what I wanted:

I'm stoked to be getting my CCW with the 82, which I paid about $50 too much for (assuming I had bought one on AIM or J&G and shipped/FFLed), but hey, it came with two extra mags. The P-01 was $525 brand new, traded my TZ-75 in for it (only got $250 for it, but I'm not too upset with that). I've been wanting a P-01 for the longest time, and I'm not disappointed. The guys I went to the range with who were only aware of .40 Rugers, .45 Springfields, and "1911s" suddenly all wanted a 9mm pistol made by slavs.

tawm fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Jan 17, 2012

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

Oh man, I got a Yodave trigger kit for my 452. The trigger is so goooood now. The only thing it's lacking at the moment is overtravel adjustment, but for 24 bucks shipped, if you guys don't have this in your 452, you need it.

My trigger's at about 1.5-2 lbs right now and no creep.

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

I spent around fifty cents at Ace Hardware for my spring. If you can't afford the kit go to the hardware store.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

You can probably get the shim tubes at ACE too, if you go looking. I was lazy however.

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

Steak Flavored Gum posted:

Oh man, I got a Yodave trigger kit for my 452. The trigger is so goooood now. The only thing it's lacking at the moment is overtravel adjustment, but for 24 bucks shipped, if you guys don't have this in your 452, you need it.

My trigger's at about 1.5-2 lbs right now and no creep.

I put the YoDave kit on my Ultra Lux a while back, and it's great. Absolutely worth the cost. Make sure you slam test it if you shim it, I had to change it once because it would go off if bumped hard. I also bought one of the Klinski target stocks from Denny at RFC, and now it looks like this:

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

tawm posted:

Went to a gun show this weekend, and for once they had EXACTLY what I wanted:

I'm stoked to be getting my CCW with the 82, which I paid about $50 too much for (assuming I had bought one on AIM or J&G and shipped/FFLed), but hey, it came with two extra mags. The P-01 was $525 brand new, traded my TZ-75 in for it (only got $250 for it, but I'm not too upset with that). I've been wanting a P-01 for the longest time, and I'm not disappointed. The guys I went to the range with who were only aware of .40 Rugers, .45 Springfields, and "1911s" suddenly all wanted a 9mm pistol made by slavs.

Why not CCW with the P-01? I carry my PCR, and it's a little on the thick side, but otherwise carries well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tawm
Feb 17, 2011

I'm still trying to decide--the slightly fatter profile of the P-01 was what is swaying me right now, though we'll see how they feel when the holsters for them come in. I think either piece would be an excellent carry pistol.