Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

I know it's the TFR thing to like stupid colored guns but yes, what I have planned will look infinitely better to anyone who isn't indoctrined in the ways of the goon. Literally everyone who saw that thing irl was like "goddamn those colors suck".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Mundon
Dec 1, 2003
Your Friendly Neighborhood Gun Nut

Everyone except LSU fans.

LSU. Louisiana. Cajun Gun Works. I see where he was going there.

MrBusiness
Jan 19, 2016

I'm looking at the CGW Pro Package and had a few questions for anyone who has one. Will this weaken the firing pin strike? Is it worth the price? Does it improve the feel of the trigger break beyond just lightening the pull? Can I use my stock hammer or do I have to use the one that comes with the kit? In case it matters, I don't carry or compete or anything, I just want to improve the experience of my favorite range gun.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

I had light strikes with CCI, but I think they are on the heavier side with primers

Bob Mundon
Dec 1, 2003
Your Friendly Neighborhood Gun Nut

From what I've gathered the 13lb spring should work for any US primers. I've been using the 11.5lb spring with Winchester and S&B primers and have had 1 or 2 in 600 rounds and I probably didn't seat them as well as I should have.

You'll definitely want to put in the new hammer, it's what gives the biggest improvement in trigger break. It'll be lighter, the break will be very very crisp, and reset will be cut down a lot. I've done it in pieces (except the disco) instead of the pro package and each part of it has a pretty big impact.

I actually fitted the existing sear to save money, but if you have the budget I'd put in their sear. The surface is much cleaner and comparing mine to one that has the CGW sear it is a little better. Nevermind it's way easier.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

Hennig posted:

I literally just pulled it out of the blasting cabinet - all gone :)

Before the River City Open match on the weekend.

2 shoots, 4 CZs. The joys of backup guns hah.

Good luck with the match!

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Match was last weekend, 2nd in C, graded up to B. It's been a good year of shooting. Hopefully hit A in the first half of next year :)

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Hennig posted:

I know it's the TFR thing to like stupid colored guns but yes, what I have planned will look infinitely better to anyone who isn't indoctrined in the ways of the goon. Literally everyone who saw that thing irl was like "goddamn those colors suck".

literally everyone who saw that thing irl was a god damned moron

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Sorry to disappoint you fellas - but the shoddy chalky purple is gone. Interesting fact - the previous owner coated the hammer while it was still on the mainspring strut, and the trigger while on the trigger bar. Some dodgey shite.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Ok that's pretty slick. Good job.

That Works
Jul 21, 2006

Hennig posted:

Sorry to disappoint you fellas - but the shoddy chalky purple is gone. Interesting fact - the previous owner coated the hammer while it was still on the mainspring strut, and the trigger while on the trigger bar. Some dodgey shite.

That looks awesome. Secretly I was hoping for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UePtoxDhJSw

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

Hennig posted:

Match was last weekend, 2nd in C, graded up to B. It's been a good year of shooting. Hopefully hit A in the first half of next year :)

Good job! B is some heat!

Video? :D

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

I did some stuff to my P07

:iia:

Got a AAC Tirant 9M sitting in NFA jail

ZebraBlade fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 8, 2017

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

ZebraBlade posted:

I did some stuff to my P07

:iia:

Got a AAC Tirant 9M sitting in NFA jail

Looks bad rear end

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Finally got to handle a P10c today.

Holy poo poo that grip texture is intense
god drat I can barely use the slide stop to release the slide
loving hell I can't depress the mag release with my thumb in a firing grip. it must be stuck in there with glue or something i don't know
tons of take up on the initial trigger pull, but an incredibly short and nice reset+followup pull
grip angle way better for my draw strike > sight picture than g19

considering picking it up tomorrow. 503 out the door is cheaper than shipping+transfer fee.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

Bummey posted:

loving hell I can't depress the mag release with my thumb in a firing grip. it must be stuck in there with glue or something i don't know
tons of take up on the initial trigger pull, but an incredibly short and nice reset+followup pull

considering picking it up tomorrow. 503 out the door is cheaper than shipping+transfer fee.

Everyone of the YouTube gunheads says the mag release is stiffer as heck.

How is the trigger? Is it really as crisp and excellent for a striker fire as they say?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Uncle w Benefits posted:

Everyone of the YouTube gunheads says the mag release is stiffer as heck.

How is the trigger? Is it really as crisp and excellent for a striker fire as they say?

Yep. Gonna need some quality tv time of two finger mashing that sucker until it loosens up, I guess.

Yep. I said it was. In the post you quoted. It's Good poo poo

I should just get a G19 MOS or something. But I want this.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

Bummey posted:

Yep. Gonna need some quality tv time of two finger mashing that sucker until it loosens up, I guess.

Yep. I said it was. In the post you quoted. It's Good poo poo

I should just get a G19 MOS or something. But I want this.

I just woke up and was having my coffee :downs:

MrTuffPaws
Feb 7, 2005

Bummey posted:

Hmm, I tried one in the gun shop a week ago, and while the slide stop was was stiff, it wasn't stiffer than any other new CZ I tried, and the mad release was fine.

I guess they vary a lot.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

guy at the shop didn't like that the address on my drivers license and permit was in a different city and wouldn't sell it to me :lol:

and it was technically not my current address but he didn't know that. As long as the info on the 4473 was correct it should have been legal, right? Oh well. I'll just buy it next week when I finish moving.

MrTuffPaws posted:

Hmm, I tried one in the gun shop a week ago, and while the slide stop was was stiff, it wasn't stiffer than any other new CZ I tried, and the mad release was fine.

I guess they vary a lot.

I would have had them bring out every box so I could examine each one.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Oct 9, 2017

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bummey posted:

guy at the shop didn't like that the address on my drivers license and permit was in a different city and wouldn't sell it to me :lol:

I just went through this buying my scorpion carbine. I'm moving to Colorado in 4 weeks. I just sold my house in Missouri and got an apartment in Kansas. I'm obviously not getting a driver's license or registering to vote or registering my cars in Kansas. So I'm not actually a resident of a state by most definitions. A couple FFL's wouldn't deal with me at all. One would though and I just needed a government form with my current address on it for validation. Post office change of address stuff satisfied them for that. I just used my passport for my ID so there was no weird address confusion with my Missouri driver's license.

I'm apparently poo poo out of luck if I want to buy a handgun until I get to Colorado though.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Except I'm still in Minnesota, just 80 miles away from the address on my license and permit, and both are still valid. For all he knew, I was just visiting town and he denied me up front, before I even got to the paperwork. Dumb.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Oct 10, 2017

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Colorado was the same way. Until recently people would not accept the address on the back of the DL (updated with the state), so I needed a fishing license.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Bummey posted:

and it was technically not my current address but he didn't know that. As long as the info on the 4473 was correct it should have been legal, right? Oh well. I'll just buy it next week when I finish moving.

I would have had them bring out every box so I could examine each one.

Yes the info on the 4473 needs to be the most current. The address on your permit is not super important as long as the license is still valid, the shop should be able to call in and verify the permit in like 2 minutes by calling the MN Dept of Public Safety. My brother ran into the exact same problem when he moved from Minneapolis to Apple Valley. Keep in mind you have a duty to inform the issuing sheriff within 30 day if you move.

ZebraBlade fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Oct 10, 2017

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

Bummey posted:

Yeah, the grip is pretty textured. If it helps, the slide stop and mag release were pretty stiff on mine when I bought mine too, but I've either gotten used to it or it's loosened up with use.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

The Scorpion Carbine is pretty fun! The trigger is pretty bad and the safety selector gave me and then popped a blister but both of those are going to get fixed with some parts arriving today. I'm going to have the trigger group polished too, so hopefully that will help! My cheek took a bit of a beating as well, I'm assuming from just how low and tight you have to get for a good sight picture? Not sure what to do about that or if I'll just build up some resistance to that as I shoot it more? It also seems to be fairly quiet, but I'm assuming that's just from my position while shooting?

e: mini AK safety selectors are on. Should have come like that from the factory. Get at least one and a delete for the other side.

fknlo fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Oct 11, 2017

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

NickBlasta posted:

Good job! B is some heat!

Video? :D

Oh god.

I graded to B but it wasn't an impressive match of shooting by any means. Slow, stupid mikes, millions of makeup shots.

I didn't think I was going to even place in C, but turns out lots of people had a rough match hah.

Stage 2 gave me my first gun hangup in a long time. Wasn't great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMBHpxhceuM

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Put a few more rounds through my scorpion. The trigger is so much better now. It doesn't have a crisp and clean break like a good AR trigger but it's obviously way lighter and smoother with the HBI spring install and polish. Only fired about 80 rounds and had an issue I'd never seen before where the trigger would just fail to reset.

Googled the issue and found this post with a reply from HBI. Pulled my trigger pack and the problem was immediately evident.

Trigger spring is supposed to look like this:

Here's what mine looked like:

Should be all fixed now, was able to get it aligned properly without pulling everything back apart.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I was loving around with my CZ-82 last night, unloaded, magazine out. I cocked the hammer and set the safety, then was unable to release the safety again. I can click it down just a little bit but not enough to move the slide. I tried putting the magazine in empty and loving with things, putting it in with some snap caps and fiddling, no luck.

So the hammer is back, the magazine is out. The trigger guard will pop down as usual but of course I can't pull the slide off. Any suggestions?

stgdz
Nov 3, 2006

158 grains of smiley powered justice

Accu shadow with three mags and probably some trigger work a good deal at $1300?

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

stgdz posted:

Accu shadow with three mags and probably some trigger work a good deal at $1300?

Depends on the "trigger work". Who did it, what did they do?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

ZebraBlade posted:

Depends on the "trigger work". Who did it, what did they do?

Yeah, definitely need more info. DA/SA but with better internals? Firing pin block removal/spacer added? Full bore SAO conversion?

stgdz
Nov 3, 2006

158 grains of smiley powered justice

The shop had both the Accu shadow and a shadow 2. The 2 was like picking a brick up and the reach and double action pull felt way heavier than the Accu shadow. The Accu shadow felt like a double action revolver in da.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pham Nuwen posted:

I was loving around with my CZ-82 last night, unloaded, magazine out. I cocked the hammer and set the safety, then was unable to release the safety again. I can click it down just a little bit but not enough to move the slide. I tried putting the magazine in empty and loving with things, putting it in with some snap caps and fiddling, no luck.

So the hammer is back, the magazine is out. The trigger guard will pop down as usual but of course I can't pull the slide off. Any suggestions?

Sounds like there's something else funky that's going on. Pop the grip panels off and see what's going on there. The safety lever is a pretty big fuckoff bar thing that you should be able to see once those suckers are off.

Also once the panels are off, I believe you should have access to the various pins that hold the hammer and safety in place. (it's been forever since I sold my 82)

Usual "keep your poo poo in a plastic bag unless you want exploded gun bits and no gun" caveat applies.

OWLS! fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Nov 1, 2017

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

stgdz posted:

The shop had both the Accu shadow and a shadow 2. The 2 was like picking a brick up and the reach and double action pull felt way heavier than the Accu shadow. The Accu shadow felt like a double action revolver in da.

The Accu is a CZ custom gun so it comes with their trigger parts already in it. The S2 is a little heavier.

The price is a little high, Accus should be around $1000 (used) these days.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

:lol: the P10c's mag release is even stiffer with a loaded mag in. I'm gonna have to do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xQcA4F2USs

Neat gun. I went through each of the boxes the shop had and found the one with the easiest controls, but holy lol a fully loaded mag requires two hands to eject.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Nov 2, 2017

Medlar
Mar 14, 2013

Bashar al-Asuh Dude

I wish CZ had never played try-hard and submitted a glock-killer. Good business sense makes it inevitable and all that, but c'mon, I feel like Czech gunsmiths didn't even try with the P10

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Medlar posted:

I wish CZ had never played try-hard and submitted a glock-killer. Good business sense makes it inevitable and all that, but c'mon, I feel like Czech gunsmiths didn't even try with the P10

What makes you say that?

better ergonomics, better grip texture, better factory sights, all ambi low profile controls, factory undercut trigger guard... They made a pretty dang good polymer striker, thought out a lot of features; that they call it ~*improving on perfection*~ is just marketing wank (and not all wrong in some cases). I like it a lot more than any others I've handled and used, Glock included. The parts could probably use a bit more finishing so this controls aren't so stiff, though...

Bummey fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Nov 2, 2017

Numlock
May 19, 2007

Black Lives Matter

Considering it's their second attempt at a striker fired polymer pistol, some stiff controls that can be fixed in 30 seconds with a file (or just by putting a few hundred rounds through the gun) is pretty good IMHO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 20, 2010

Yeah I don't care about striker fired pistols but the P10 seems like a good one of those. :shrug: