Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Herr Tog posted:

How's the rail on it? And do you have a kadet kit with it?

The rail is probably fine, I don't have anything on it at the moment though. I don't have the kadet kit but have thought about grabbing it at some point.

With aftermarket grips it fits my hands amazingly well. I like the feel of the stock grips but they're just a little too fat for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Herr Tog posted:

How's the rail on it? And do you have a kadet kit with it?

snappy like you couldn't do follow ups very well?

Not my quote response, the kadet kit worked great on my PCR. I've seen reports of people having trouble finding the right slide stop to make the kadet kit work, but my PCR slide stop worked fine. vv

Like excessively recoily, extra jumpy on each shot in a way other comparably sized and weighted pistols I shot side by side weren't. Again, first pistol, definitely inexperienced at shooting.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

fknlo posted:

The rail is probably fine, I don't have anything on it at the moment though. I don't have the kadet kit but have thought about grabbing it at some point.

With aftermarket grips it fits my hands amazingly well. I like the feel of the stock grips but they're just a little too fat for me.

Do you find follow ups with it difficult? also get the kadet, I know it is a bit of money.

Bummey posted:

Not my quote response, the kadet kit worked great on my PCR. I've seen reports of people having trouble finding the right slide stop to make the kadet kit work, but my PCR slide stop worked fine. vv

Like excessively recoily, extra jumpy on each shot in a way other comparably sized and weighted pistols I shot side by side weren't. Again, first pistol, definitely inexperienced at shooting.

not worried about the home gunsmithing I may or may not have to do with a kadet. With small hands I am already worried about snappyness ;.;

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

The worst you might have to do is file it down a hair, itís super easy.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Herr Tog posted:

Do you find follow ups with it difficult?

Not at all, and I'm not that great with a pistol. My only real complaint is that the stock sights are pretty garbage which is one of the things that led me to grab the night sights from CGW which is leading me on my current gunsmith adventure.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Thank you all~

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Looks like the sights should fit fine according to shop #2. No clue what the guy at my range was doing, but they probably won't be getting any smith business from me since they couldn't install some sights. Maybe he just didn't want to do it?

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Long shot but anyone have a spare or unused factory P07 barrel?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

New sights are on. There are some scratches on the rear one you can see in that pic but they aren't a big deal. They could have been on there from the start too, I didn't really look them over. I'll hit the range tomorrow to see if they're properly lined up. The front is so, so much more visible than the stock sights.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

fknlo posted:

New sights are on. There are some scratches on the rear one you can see in that pic but they aren't a big deal. They could have been on there from the start too, I didn't really look them over. I'll hit the range tomorrow to see if they're properly lined up. The front is so, so much more visible than the stock sights.

Exceedingly sexy.

Snagging a .22lr suppressor soon (inshallah), does anybody make an aftermarket or factory threaded barrel for the 455FS?

DeesGrandpa fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Feb 8, 2018

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

A friend of mine is getting a CZ 455 full stock soon, so I started poking around looking for a 550 FS in .30-06 only to find out they're discontinued... and actual Steyr-Mannlicher rifles are way beyond my price range. drat it.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

DeesGrandpa posted:

Exceedingly sexy.

Snagging a .22lr suppressor soon (inshallah), does anybody make an aftermarket or factory threaded barrel for the 455FS?

https://shop.cz-usa.com/cz-products/rifles/455-barrel-sets

Any of those?

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Admiral Bosch posted:

A friend of mine is getting a CZ 455 full stock soon, so I started poking around looking for a 550 FS in .30-06 only to find out they're discontinued... and actual Steyr-Mannlicher rifles are way beyond my price range. drat it.

I warned you. They are approaching 1k and CZ doesn't seem to wanna fill the gap atm

fknlo posted:

Thank you for sharing. This is super useful

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Vz.58 mags at AIM for $15 - surplus mag pouch "free" with every 4 mags

https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MVZ58

They don't get this cheap very often.

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite

Bud posted:

YOINK!

thanks for that!

That'll do pig

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

So just picked up a CZ 527 American Rustic from my local gunshow on saturday and was wondering if anyone had good suggestions for a scope

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

I had a malfunction on Saturday and now I can't remove the barrel from the slide of my Shadow.

(click for huge)

The end of the barrel is wider than the rest. (14.3mm on the callipers compared to ~13.9-14.0)
Could a squib do that?

Anything to be done apart from buy a new barrel?

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

The regular OD for the barrel is .550 I'm pretty sure, so if yours has gone past .560 it's possible you bulged it.

The fit on the bushing can be pretty tight so I'm guessing the bulged portion won't squeeze through the bushing anymore. Have you tried just banging the muzzle against something to see if it will force through the bushing? The alternative I'd guess would be to turn down the outside of the barrel to fit back through again.

I would imagine the barrel is probably hosed.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

EFB^^^: NICKBLASTA, do you think it's possible to remove the front sight and use the barrel to pop the bushing out from the back?

~Coxy posted:

I had a malfunction on Saturday and now I can't remove the barrel from the slide of my Shadow.

(click for huge)

The end of the barrel is wider than the rest. (14.3mm on the callipers compared to ~13.9-14.0)
Could a squib do that?

Anything to be done apart from buy a new barrel?

Disclaimer: I have a CZ75B, not a Shadow.

What kind of malfunction did you observe? If you can get some light down the barrel, take a look for a ring or flattening of the rifling where you see that bulge. A squib can do that, the second round might have knocked the stuck bullet out and followed it downrange. Will the barrel lock into battery, the muzzle end fully entering the barrel bushing?

Worst case barrel replacement would probably involve cutting the old one to clear the barrel bushing. That bushing is press-fit from the front of the slide and retained by the front sight pin, it would be difficult to knock out with barrel in place. If something happened that close to the muzzle I'd remove and examine the bushing anyways, FWIW.

madeintaipei fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Feb 14, 2018

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Yeah, I think you're getting yourself a new barrel. I can't think of a way to get that one off in one piece and keep the bushing, not without access to a lathe. Easiest will just be to hacksaw the old one in half.

The bushing is a press fit (once you remove the front sight), but you're going to have a hell of a time getting it out with the barrel still in there, unless you use the barrel as a slide hammer or something.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Thanks for the replies.

NickBlasta posted:

Have you tried just banging the muzzle against something to see if it will force through the bushing?

I would imagine the barrel is probably hosed.

Yeah I've tried to hit it middlingly with a mallet but haven't managed to get it out. If it is hosed then I guess I will have to try harder.

madeintaipei posted:

What kind of malfunction did you observe? If you can get some light down the barrel, take a look for a ring or flattening of the rifling where you see that bulge. A squib can do that, the second round might have knocked the stuck bullet out and followed it downrange. Will the barrel lock into battery, the muzzle end fully entering the barrel bushing?

Worst case barrel replacement would probably involve cutting the old one to clear the barrel bushing. That bushing is press-fit from the front of the slide and retained by the front sight pin, it would be difficult to knock out with barrel in place. If something happened that close to the muzzle I'd remove and examine the bushing anyways, FWIW.

I think it must have been a squib then; there is a threshold in the rifling around the bugled portion.
It won't go into battery.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Tibbeh posted:

So just picked up a CZ 527 American Rustic from my local gunshow on saturday and was wondering if anyone had good suggestions for a scope

Yeah I have the same question, I guess some scopes have some issues interfering with the bolt throw. On another forum I asked people seemed to like the Weaver Grand Slam.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

~Coxy posted:

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah I've tried to hit it middlingly with a mallet but haven't managed to get it out. If it is hosed then I guess I will have to try harder.

I think it must have been a squib then; there is a threshold in the rifling around the bugled portion.
It won't go into battery.

If you've realized you should replace the barrel by now (you likely should) you can always cut the barrel off to get it out rather than loving up other parts hammering it out.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

madeintaipei posted:

EFB^^^: NICKBLASTA, do you think it's possible to remove the front sight and use the barrel to pop the bushing out from the back?

I don't think so, since it seems the barrel is stuck forwards. The bushing only comes out the front and it would have to slide off the end of the barrel.

You could slide the bushing out a little and cut it off, replacement bushings are not very expensive, but you'll have to make your barrel a consistent OD to reuse it I imagine...

Hit up the CZ forum on Enos and see if anyone suggests a solution.

Edit: This wouldn't be a bad case to have a CZsmith fix it for you, if they do have to fit a new barrel and bushing it could save you a lot of hassle.

NickBlasta fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Feb 14, 2018

Medlar
Mar 14, 2013

Bashar al-Asuh Dude

I've looked on various CZ forums and haven't found an answer yet, so short of calling up Cajun Gun Works, can anybody tell my why my right-side safety lever on my SP-01 keeps walking out as I'm shooting? I installed a ton of CGW upgrades (Reach Reduction Kit, 85 shape trigger, new springs, etc) and despite two separate blue loctite applications, the darn right-side safety walks right on out.

Here's a non-helpful pic of it

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Medlar posted:

I've looked on various CZ forums and haven't found an answer yet, so short of calling up Cajun Gun Works, can anybody tell my why my right-side safety lever on my SP-01 keeps walking out as I'm shooting? I installed a ton of CGW upgrades (Reach Reduction Kit, 85 shape trigger, new springs, etc) and despite two separate blue loctite applications, the darn right-side safety walks right on out.

Here's a non-helpful pic of it

Is the detent missing from the right side?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Fallen Rib

Finally took out my new to me Cz75BD. Shoots like a dream but holy poo poo those stock sights are bad.

Medlar
Mar 14, 2013

Bashar al-Asuh Dude

NickBlasta posted:

Is the detent missing from the right side?

Oh boy, turns out there is a spring-loaded detent on the right side and it doesn't look like I re-installed it when I did the work. Time to get a flashlight and sort through my parts bin.

Thank god it's not a decocker model.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

If anyone likes the CZ Shadow 2 color blued grips but doesn't want to buy a Shadow 2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/CZ-SHADOW-2-ALUMINUM-BLUE-ORIGINAL-GRIPS/183079382411

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

I think Armory Craft has them too?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/748046821

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Anyone with a RAMI? How do you like it? There's finally some in stock on the internet and I'm thinking about grabbing one. I've never seen one in stock in person so I haven't had a chance to touch one. The only thing that "concerns" me at all is how wide they are. Have any of you had an issue with that?

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

This guy is a better shot than most any of us and loves the Rami:

http://www.defensereview.com/cz-2075-rami-big-gun-performance-in-a-sub-compact-dasa-9mm-40-sw-pistol/

I'd love one in either caliber, decocker or safety.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

Ok, I've got some Xmas money burning a hole in my pocket. What is the best collection of Scorpion accessories that would make some sense? I'm thinking some kind of cheapo red dot and maybe a pistol brace. Would a replacement selector also make some sense?

My purpose it tactically engage with cans and paper. It might have some use if things "got serious", but I have plenty of practical handguns closer by, so I'm not looking for a red dot that can survive 8 months in country.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

fknlo posted:

Anyone with a RAMI? How do you like it? There's finally some in stock on the internet and I'm thinking about grabbing one. I've never seen one in stock in person so I haven't had a chance to touch one. The only thing that "concerns" me at all is how wide they are. Have any of you had an issue with that?

I shot a friends a bunch and really dug it, though CZ handguns just click for me more than most other pistols so take that for what its worth.

They are wide pistols, but not awful, and they're very nice. I missed a couple used ones and I'm still grumpy about it.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

FunOne posted:

Ok, I've got some Xmas money burning a hole in my pocket. What is the best collection of Scorpion accessories that would make some sense? I'm thinking some kind of cheapo red dot and maybe a pistol brace. Would a replacement selector also make some sense?

My purpose it tactically engage with cans and paper. It might have some use if things "got serious", but I have plenty of practical handguns closer by, so I'm not looking for a red dot that can survive 8 months in country.

HBI spring kit, yeti wurks switchback, and then whatever selectors you prefer are absolutely necessary upgrades imo. I went with mini ak selectors on both sides and like that. I have a spitfire 1x as my option optic as well.

DeesGrandpa posted:

They are wide pistols, but not awful, and they're very nice. I missed a couple used ones and I'm still grumpy about it.

All the used ones I've seen have been more expensive than historical online prices so I hadn't really even considered grabbing one until they came into stock other places. I may just go ahead and grab one over the next couple of days and go from there. I doubt I'd have issues selling if I didn't like it, so there's that.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

http://www.armslist.com/posts/8021421/colorado-rifles-for-sale--cz-550-fs-30-06

450 bucks for a rifle I really really want, but it's got a fracture in the stock. Worth it or nah? I'm not a woodworker and I don't know how easily repairable this kind of thing is.

edit: gonna pop this in the general question thread

Admiral Bosch fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 25, 2018

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Admiral Bosch posted:

450 bucks for a rifle I really really want, but it's got a fracture in the stock. Worth it or nah? I'm not a woodworker and I don't know how easily repairable this kind of thing is.

I'd say worth it for the action alone - you could bubba a repair with a drill, two holes, a screw and a dowel. It wouldn't be pretty by any means, but it'd work.
Aftermarket stocks are available too.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Admiral Bosch posted:

edit: gonna pop this in the general question thread

do it for me so i can buy it when you are bored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Someone really needs to help me with my impulse control. RAMI BD ordered