Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

fknlo posted:

Someone really needs to help me with my impulse control. RAMI BD ordered

Hey don't worry! This is the last gun you needed, now your collection is complete!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Yessssss, more DA/SA!

That Works
Jul 21, 2006

DeesGrandpa posted:

Hey don't worry! This is the last gun you needed, now your collection is complete!

Oh yeah. Uh... Me too.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

With a 9mm suppressor on the way, and a cz 75 compact already threaded, I gotta ask - does anyone make threaded barrels for the RAMI?

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

devmd01 posted:

With a 9mm suppressor on the way, and a cz 75 compact already threaded, I gotta ask - does anyone make threaded barrels for the RAMI?

Where'd you get your threaded barrel? I'm considering one for my P-01.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

CZC had a run a couple of years ago that I jumped on. If they donít have them available right now you can email them to get on the wait list.

DakianDelomast
Mar 5, 2003

Or send it to Tornado Technologies. They have the RAMI on their list of available extensions. It's 160 for them to do it.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Butch Cassidy posted:

Yessssss, more DA/SA!

I'm absolutely enamored with my P-01 and wanted some more.

I've somehow bought all 3 of my CZ's from iammo.com. So far, I highly recommend them. They ship quick and with 2nd day air only and I haven't had any kind of issues with them at all.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

Any opinion on the SB Tactical brace? Or should I bite the bullet and go through the paperwork to get a proper stock?

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

FunOne posted:

Any opinion on the SB Tactical brace? Or should I bite the bullet and go through the paperwork to get a proper stock?

The gearhead tailhook works really good and is about the same price as the Evo factory stock, looks a lot better than the SB Tactical braces too

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Got the RAMI in and oh my god it's such a cute little chunkster of a gun

Gonna get it cleaned up and take it to the range tomorrow. Gonna have to hold it a bit more to see if it feels like I need thinner grips.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

You should do a box thread. I want to know more.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Butch Cassidy posted:

You should do a box thread. I want to know more.

I've never done one of these but will look at a few and make one.

Quickshanks
Oct 3, 2011

So damned good.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/752007888

Anyone got anything on this? Imported from Israel?

I know the P9 is just a Springfield assembled Tanfoglio, but I also heard there were some versions that also went through the Springfield custom shop. Worth a $375 impulse bid?

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

1. Looks like Tanfoglio at one point did some manufacture for IWI or whatnot.

2. Do it. The ported barrel seems like a hoot.

OWLS! fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Mar 1, 2018

Quickshanks
Oct 3, 2011

So damned good.

I have had plans to eventually pick up either any glossy blued CZ-75 I could find or failing that an SP-01.

A ported longslide SA custom shop fitted and gloss blued P9 for $200 cheaper is tempting even if it is essentially a tanfoglio.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Taking pictures for a box thread and the sights aren't centered and it's going to drive me insane. I almost want to have my range center them tomorrow and just hope it works.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

Quickshanks posted:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/752007888

Anyone got anything on this? Imported from Israel?

I know the P9 is just a Springfield assembled Tanfoglio, but I also heard there were some versions that also went through the Springfield custom shop. Worth a $375 impulse bid?

They were like the ultimate cheap rear end race gun back in the day. They're cool but have a reputation for lacking durability.

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

fknlo posted:

Taking pictures for a box thread and the sights aren't centered and it's going to drive me insane. I almost want to have my range center them tomorrow and just hope it works.

You mean your hammer right?

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Shoot it before moving anything. They may be set whers they are to have zeroed it. Or a previohs owner had a flinch and cranked his sight over to compensate. Hard telling not knowing until you put it on paper.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

Butch Cassidy posted:

Shoot it before moving anything. They may be set whers they are to have zeroed it. Or a previohs owner had a flinch and cranked his sight over to compensate. Hard telling not knowing until you put it on paper.

CZ does do the factory zero by drifting the sights, so it's possible. However CZ sights will also drift on their own. Checking the zero is definitely the way forwards.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

NickBlasta posted:

CZ does do the factory zero by drifting the sights, so it's possible. However CZ sights will also drift on their own. Checking the zero is definitely the way forwards.

Sadly they seem to be pretty spot on. So I'll just have to not look at them or get a different rear sight or something...

I put a bit over 300 rounds through it. It's definitely more accurate than I am. I did have a few issues though. The 9th round out of the 10 round magazine would sometimes fail to feed. Only that round though. Ejecting the magazine would let the slide close. No issues from the 14 round. I'm assuming that's a magazine spring issue? I also had 2 fail to feeds with my defense ammo(HST 124gr +P) getting jammed on the feed ramp. One out of both magazines for that. I've read about some hollow points having issues so I'm gonna do some more reading and see what people have the most success with and buy a few varieties. I definitely need to work on my DA pull with it as I was somewhat regularly really low with it. I'll get on that box thread as soon as I can.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3850710

There's my box thread. If anyone wants to see anything else I'll take more pics and add them.

fknlo fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Mar 2, 2018

Medlar
Mar 14, 2013

Bashar al-Asuh Dude

Maybe this goes in the deal thread but eh. Sportsmans Guide is selling CZ-75 clones for [url="https:////https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/tristar-s-120-semi-automatic-9mm-47-barrel-17-round-capacity?a=1809037&CJ=1&cjaffilid=4084797&cjaffsite=Apps+47%2c+Inc&cjadv=CJTSGUSA&cjadvid=1522857&utm_source=Apps+47%2c+Inc&utm_medium=CJ&utm_campaign=SPG+Product+Catalog+-+SportsmansGuide.com"]about $370 after everything[/url]. I've shot both the S-120 (CZ-75 full-size) and its compact little brother whose name escapes me (CZ-75 Compact clone), the S-120 felt like it had a crisper trigger with less reset than my CZ-75 or SP-01 out of the box, and as I understand it there's a ton of parts compatibility. Don't need a gun myself but I'd recommend one of these if you're on a budget and hankering for some (cringe) cloned Czechnology.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Medlar posted:

Maybe this goes in the deal thread but eh. Sportsmans Guide is selling CZ-75 clones for about $370 after everything. I've shot both the S-120 (CZ-75 full-size) and its compact little brother whose name escapes me (CZ-75 Compact clone), the S-120 felt like it had a crisper trigger with less reset than my CZ-75 or SP-01 out of the box, and as I understand it there's a ton of parts compatibility. Don't need a gun myself but I'd recommend one of these if you're on a budget and hankering for some (cringe) cloned Czechnology.

Fixed your link because reading that shorted out my brain for a second.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

I picked up a P-07 in .40 this weekend. It comes with the decocker installed and a safety I can replace it with. Does anyone know if a combo exists? I like the manual safety to carry condition 1 but I also like having a decocker so I don't have to manually drop the hammer.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Yeah get rid of all the garbo at the end of that URL. Usuaully anything after a question mark is just referral and browser and search data that can be safely removed.

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

Any recommendations on slimmer grips for a P-01? I'm seeing a wide variety of slim G10 grips from different makers and different textures on eBay for ~$50-60. The CZ Custom aluminum grips look cool but are out of stock, and then there are cgw aluminum grips which look like they may not be grippy enough. Want to thin down the grip profile for carry purposes.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Final Blog Entry posted:

Any recommendations on slimmer grips for a P-01? I'm seeing a wide variety of slim G10 grips from different makers and different textures on eBay for ~$50-60. The CZ Custom aluminum grips look cool but are out of stock, and then there are cgw aluminum grips which look like they may not be grippy enough. Want to thin down the grip profile for carry purposes.

I have the VZ diamond pattern grips and they're pretty much perfect for me. Thinner than stock and still have a good and grippy pattern.

loud-bob
Feb 11, 2004

AHHHHHHHH

CZ Scorpion owners, is anyone looking at getting the HBI Micro kit? I'm considering it.

I'm also trying to determine which stock to get once my Form 1 comes back. The OEM stock looks alright. The Magpul Zhukov requires an adapter, and the only one I can find that's still being made adds about 2-3 inches between the stock folding mechanism and the rifle. A company called Side Project LLC used to make one that mounted flush to the gun, but they disappeared and all of the adapters are out of stock/not listed for sale.

Also, I've been looking for a light or light mount that's offset, since mounting anything to the limited rail gets in the way of a forward grip. But the best light mounts I've found (at least for something like a Protac 1L) are all M-LOK or KeyMod.

Medlar
Mar 14, 2013

Bashar al-Asuh Dude

fknlo posted:

I have the VZ diamond pattern grips and they're pretty much perfect for me. Thinner than stock and still have a good and grippy pattern.

Dang it I just ordered a pair of the thin aluminium grips that Cajun Gun Works sells too. The OEM rubber grips are the bomb at first but from experience i think wear and recoil causes them to "dig in" to the frame and eventually start causing mag drop-free failures. Some dude sold me a BHP on here with VZ grips installed and I think they're comfy-time.

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

Lokgrips - always Lokgrips.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Pretty sure there aren't any safety/decockers for the P-07, unfortunately.

Hennig posted:

Lokgrips - always Lokgrips.

Ayup.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

loud-bob posted:

CZ Scorpion owners, is anyone looking at getting the HBI Micro kit? I'm considering it.

I'm also trying to determine which stock to get once my Form 1 comes back. The OEM stock looks alright. The Magpul Zhukov requires an adapter, and the only one I can find that's still being made adds about 2-3 inches between the stock folding mechanism and the rifle. A company called Side Project LLC used to make one that mounted flush to the gun, but they disappeared and all of the adapters are out of stock/not listed for sale.

Also, I've been looking for a light or light mount that's offset, since mounting anything to the limited rail gets in the way of a forward grip. But the best light mounts I've found (at least for something like a Protac 1L) are all M-LOK or KeyMod.

I use the Side Project adapter and like it a lot. Some people dislike the Zhukov stock because it sits higher. I find the cheek weld is good for a red dot. I can still use the iron sights too, though it would be a bit more comfortable with a lower cheek weld like the factory stock offers. Maybe email Only The Best firearms? They used to stock them but would run out occasionally. They might know if more are coming or not. I suspect the company has stopped production.

Offset light mount maybe look at Arisaka?

loud-bob
Feb 11, 2004

AHHHHHHHH

Tyro posted:

I use the Side Project adapter and like it a lot. Some people dislike the Zhukov stock because it sits higher. I find the cheek weld is good for a red dot. I can still use the iron sights too, though it would be a bit more comfortable with a lower cheek weld like the factory stock offers. Maybe email Only The Best firearms? They used to stock them but would run out occasionally. They might know if more are coming or not. I suspect the company has stopped production.

Offset light mount maybe look at Arisaka?

OTBs Page says they have no idea when theyíre getting more and the side project website is offline so Iím guessing never. I did find a YouTube video of a guy 3D printing his own though. Iíll probably get the oem stock.

The scorpion is such a cool gun with its own style. Itís really an opportunity for someone to design a high quality stock that fits the design of the gun better than whatís out there now. Lage Mfg stocks are interesting but so utilitarian imo. The Zhukov is cool but the straight lines donít fit quite right. Might be different with a micro front end thatís flush/right angled though.

I might bust out the sketchbook and design one myself.

timn
Mar 16, 2010

The OEM stock is pretty awesome and matches the guns aesthetics, so I'm not sure why you wouldn't just go with that unless you can't find it for some reason.

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

Think I'm going to try out Lok's thin full checkered. Thanks for the input guys.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco

timn posted:

The OEM stock is pretty awesome and matches the guns aesthetics, so I'm not sure why you wouldn't just go with that unless you can't find it for some reason.

+1

The OEM stock really is pretty nice. I was also considering the Zhukov, but after looking at it irons would be unusable for me. And I'd have to use a mid height mounted red dot.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

timn posted:

this

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

CZ introducing an optics ready P10 and Shadow 2.

That's a facebook link, haven't seen it anywhere else yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

fknlo posted:

CZ introducing an optics ready P10 and Shadow 2.

That's a facebook link, haven't seen it anywhere else yet.

boo rmr