Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Fallen Rib

Any recommendations for new sights for the CZ75BD?

I had a glock that had some Truglo sights, I think, it was orange in the front and white in the back which I liked. 99% indoor range use, but also for HD.

The thing I don't like about the stock sights is they seem too small and hard to pick up.

nwin fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Mar 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Tru-glo hd is what your Glock sights

nwin posted:

Any recommendations for new sights for the CZ75?

I had a glock that had some Truglo sights, I think, it was orange in the front and white in the back which I liked. 99% indoor range use, but also for HD.

Tru-glo HDs is what you had on your Glock.
FWIW, I bought the Trijicon sight set fklno mentioned a few weeks back in this thread. Three dot night sights for me, but there a few different options, black, tritium, or tritium with white outline front and rear. Install was simple, they provide two punches for each sight set. I laser bore-sighted to factory zero (25m?), dead-on compared to stock. Much easier to pick up versus standard sights. Be aware that CZ uses a few different dovetail standards, which 75 do you have?

madeintaipei fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 9, 2018

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Fallen Rib

madeintaipei posted:

FWIW, I bought the Trijicon sight set fklno mentioned a few weeks back in this thread. Three dot night sights for me, but there a few different options, black, tritium, or tritium with white outline front and rear. Install was simple, they provide two punches for each sight set. I laser bore-sighted to factory zero (25m?), dead-on compared to stock. Much easier to pick up versus standard sights. Be aware that CZ uses a few different dovetail standards, which 75 do you have?

It's the CZ75BD. If I was going to go with one of the above options, it would probably be the ones with the white outline front/rear. I feel like having a black rear/white front would be hard to pick up in the dark at night if I had to use it for HD, so something with 3 dots I could pick up would be ideal.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

nwin posted:

It's the CZ75BD. If I was going to go with one of the above options, it would probably be the ones with the white outline front/rear. I feel like having a black rear/white front would be hard to pick up in the dark at night if I had to use it for HD, so something with 3 dots I could pick up would be ideal.

The 75BD should have the same front sight dovetail as the 75B. In which case, these are what I have.
If you would like, I can take a picture of the sights as you would see them.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Fallen Rib

madeintaipei posted:

The 75BD should have the same front sight dovetail as the 75B. In which case, these are what I have.
If you would like, I can take a picture of the sights as you would see them.

That would be great!

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

nwin posted:

That would be great!

Ok. Gimmie a minute. Also, I am an idiot. Mine are these.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Uh, not a great pic, but focused on the front sight. Welcome to my bathroom:
gently caress imgur mobile
Did that work?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Fallen Rib

madeintaipei posted:

Uh, not a great pic, but focused on the front sight. Welcome to my bathroom:
gently caress imgur mobile
Did that work?

Yeah, that works-thanks.

Itís hard to tell from the pic, but are they a marked improvement over the stock sights?

nwin fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Mar 10, 2018

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

nwin posted:

Yeah that works-thanks.

It’s hard to tell from the pic, but are they a marked improvement over the stock sights?

Yes, they are. Higher and more clear. The overall sight radius only changes by less than a quarter inch. The back of the front sight moves towards the back of the slide, but the rear sight is farther back as well. That said, the rear is deeper and closer to the eye, cutting down reflected light within the sight. This improves the "picture", imo.

Lol, did you have a name change?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Fallen Rib

madeintaipei posted:

Yes, they are. Higher and more clear. The overall sight radius only changes by less than a quarter inch. The back of the front sight moves towards the back of the slide, but the rear sight is farther back as well. That said, the rear is deeper and closer to the eye, cutting down reflected light within the sight. This improves the "picture", imo.

Lol, did you have a name change?

Hmm, maybe I'll give them a shot-thanks again.

Also, I haven't changed my name in a long time.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Fallen Rib

Hmm, actually thinking about these instead:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TruGlo-TFX...fEAAOSwTEJZ7Rkr

That Works
Jul 21, 2006

nwin posted:

Yeah that works-thanks.

You're welcome?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Fallen Rib

That Works posted:

You're welcome?

haha, should have thrown a comma in there.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

nwin posted:

Hmm, actually thinking about these instead:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TruGlo-TFX...fEAAOSwTEJZ7Rkr

I went with the Dawson Precision ones from CGW 100% because of aesthetics. They looks so good compared to the TruGlo sights. Outside of that, the TruGlo sights are just fine.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

Black Lives Matter

Optics ready P10c and shadow 2 comming soon.

https://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=95807.0

Sign me up.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Numlock
May 19, 2007

Black Lives Matter

So I've been travelling and just now got to digging around for more info on them and found out there will be a .22lr Shadow 2.

Are .22lr pistol sports a thing in Europe? Because I'm wondering why.

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer

I'm sick. I got the bug.

A box

TALL rear end sights

Another box

Not quite...

The dreaded "cockeyed" rear sight

Yeah it was.

A year ago I had no CZs and 3 money. Now I have 3 CZs and no money.
This lil guy is going to get milled out for the DPP, probably throw a streamlight TLR1HL on there, and maybe a comp if I want to go full retard (I do). Then it will sit in the safe because carry optics is dumb

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Full retard, you say?

Then you need this, in orange: https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/cz-p10-theta-trigger-kit/

Bummey
May 26, 2004

I got a purple one a while ago. I haven't installed it yet because I'm a piece of poo poo.

CGW has a trigger upgrade too https://cajungunworks.com/product/10100-p-10-c-short-reset-trigger/

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer

Bummey posted:

I got a purple one a while ago. I haven't installed it yet because I'm a piece of poo poo.

CGW has a trigger upgrade too https://cajungunworks.com/product/10100-p-10-c-short-reset-trigger/

The purple one was in my cart, excellent choice. Thinking maybe gold, though...

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Marvin K. Mooney posted:

I'm sick. I got the bug.

In November I had no CZ's. Now I'm up to 3 too.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

Numlock posted:

So I've been travelling and just now got to digging around for more info on them and found out there will be a .22lr Shadow 2.

Are .22lr pistol sports a thing in Europe? Because I'm wondering why.

It's a new kadet kit for the S2. For practice or something

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Marvin K. Mooney posted:

I'm sick. I got the bug.

A box

TALL rear end sights

Another box

Not quite...

The dreaded "cockeyed" rear sight

Yeah it was.

This lil guy is going to get milled out for the DPP, probably throw a streamlight TLR1HL on there, and maybe a comp if I want to go full retard (I do). Then it will sit in the safe because carry optics is dumb

Super cool. I need to try one out, I love my P07 suppressor ready model but the P10 is neat.

MrBusiness
Jan 19, 2016

If a Vz 52 (pistol) counts I'm in the 3Z club too! I'm strongly considering a Scorpion and also only buying guns from CZ from now on.

loud-bob
Feb 11, 2004

AHHHHHHHH

HBI Micro K kits are back in stock. I ordered one.

Medlar
Mar 14, 2013

Bashar al-Asuh Dude

Upgraded the SP-01. All CJW stuff: old-style trigger, Reach Reduction Kit, all-new springs and pins all over--there are now far more new parts than old. I don't like those grips too well, as previously-stated. Think they need grip tape, mostly.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Medlar posted:

Upgraded the SP-01. All CJW stuff: old-style trigger, Reach Reduction Kit, all-new springs and pins all over--there are now far more new parts than old. I don't like those grips too well, as previously-stated. Think they need grip tape, mostly.

Nice! I'm guessing you shoot
Production? Everything looks legal there.

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

Decided on LOK thin grips, full checkered in OD green, for my P-01 and they came in yesterday.

They feel good and are very grippy but don't feel like they should hurt the hand over the course of a range session. Might be uncomfortable to carry IWB without an undershirt though. Going to try to shoot it next weekend.

I also got a Vedder LightTuck holster for it, which seems nice for the price and quick turnaround, but I haven't had the chance to play around with it much yet. Now to get some night sights.

Pursesnatcher
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer

Medlar posted:

Sweet! Why no competition hammer while you were at it, though?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Final Blog Entry posted:

Decided on LOK thin grips, full checkered in OD green, for my P-01 and they came in yesterday.

They feel good and are very grippy but don't feel like they should hurt the hand over the course of a range session. Might be uncomfortable to carry IWB without an undershirt though. Going to try to shoot it next weekend.

I also got a Vedder LightTuck holster for it, which seems nice for the price and quick turnaround, but I haven't had the chance to play around with it much yet. Now to get some night sights.

I got my LightTuck in last night. Initial impressions are that I like it quite a bit more than the Dara I originally bought. I'm actually shopping for slightly less aggressive grips right now because the ones I have on it are going to do a number on me.

Medlar
Mar 14, 2013

Bashar al-Asuh Dude

Pursesnatcher posted:

Sweet! Why no competition hammer while you were at it, though?

Ran overbudget. some time after my first kiddo is born I'll likely return to it but for now it's plenty serviceable.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

pew pew pew

Needs some Cajun love but that has to wait a little bit.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rad as heck.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Modified P-07's look so drat good.

Sent my RAMI to CZ-USA yesterday to hopefully get its issues fixed.

Hennig
Jan 4, 2014

P07 looks looks rad.

Just got a Shadow 2, and added some Palmswell Lokgrips. Playing in Production div should be interesting.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

Do they make a suppressor ready 75 in black? I don't know if I'm feeling the grey.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

Black Lives Matter

I have a bunch of Mec-Gar 16 round magazines for my CZ75 and Iím wondering if anybody knows if there any baseplates that fit these mags? They do not need to add capacity as Iím using them for production division.

I know CZ makes rubber ones will but they are out of stock everywhere.

CZC makes two possible ones,
https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/base-pads-extensions/cz-75-base-pads/cz-75-flush-fitting-aluminium-base-pad-silver-idpa.html

And

https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/base-pads-extensions/cz-75-base-pads/cz-75-flush-fitting-aluminium-base-pad-black.html

^^ a pic on the page for the out of stock silver version shows it attached to what appears to be a factory 16 round mag.

Iím really kicking myself for buying a ton of 16 rounders instead of 17 rounders.

Edit:

Oh course I post the find these, though they only say they work with factory 16 rounders.

https://shop.springerprecision.com/product.sc?productId=250&categoryId=94

They should work with mec-Gar 16 rounders? They do.

Numlock fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Mar 24, 2018

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Fallen Rib

Am I blind or does the CZ usa website not offer the kadet 22 conversion kit for the cz75 models? It's listed in their pdf product catalog, but I can't find it on their webstore. Since it's a barrel/slide, would it require a FFL? Maybe that's why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

nwin posted:

Since it's a barrel/slide, would it require a FFL? Maybe that's why.

Nope. No FFL needed for that. Dunno why it's not on their store. Probably because of supply reasons.