Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

I need to sell my soon to be prohibited vz.58 () and put the money towards a scorpion evo III. They are slick as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

nwin posted:

Ended up finding it on sons of liberty gun works for $394 with their military discount.

edit: gently caress, they just called me and said that their website hasn't been updating and they are out of stock. According to their distributor, CZ is discontinuing it.

nonononnonononono

OWLS! posted:

Bizzarely p07 kadet kits were/are suddenly available for 220ish over at buds.

NONONONONONO

nwin posted:

p07's seem to be a bit more available than the cz75 kit...still haven't seen one and no response from CZ customer service about it either.

ieieieieieieie

sisisissi

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

screw you guys, now i own a p-07 kadet kit.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Fallen Rib

Lucky-still waiting for the cz75bd Kadet 2 kit.

Someone on the cz forums said they talked to customer service and another batch is in the states just going through QC but should be available this week or next...time to keep refreshing.

nwin fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Apr 16, 2018

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

nwin posted:

Lucky-still waiting for the cz75 Kadet 2 kit.

Someone on the cz forums said they talked to customer service and another batch is in the states just going through QC but should be available this week or next...time to keep refreshing.

Which kadets run on pre b 75s?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Herr Tog posted:

[/b]

nonononnonononono

NONONONONONO

ieieieieieieie

sisisissi

buy that goon's cz customed p07 and get a p07 kadet?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Fallen Rib

Gingerbread House Music posted:

Which kadets run on pre b 75s?

Sorry I meant for my cz75BD

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Lipstick Apathy

nwin posted:

Sorry I meant for my cz75BD

awww, nothing works on my 80s 75.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Gingerbread House Music posted:

screw you guys, now i own a p-07 kadet kit.

The mags are hilarious.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

p07 kadet trip report.

Locking the slide back was inconsistent, even with mini mags, but it randomly did it with Aguila SSS Sniper Subsonics?

Other than that, it's really fun.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Bummey posted:

buy that goon's cz customed p07 and get a p07 kadet?

ill have to see if will let me

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

it will not and all czs expired next year so gently caress me they may register a bunch of new stuff then or stop

Coxswain Balls
Jun 3, 2001

DakianDelomast posted:

I believe that the match hammer needs an extended firing pin to function correctly. So yeah, you're on the right track. See also why I just run my kadet kit on a bone stock 75 BD frame I got for cheap.

Thanks for the advice. Does anyone even sell an extended Kadet firing pin any more? Cajun Gun Works used to, but they appear to have discontinued it. Getting a separate frame would be an attractive option, but that's probably gonna be hard to find without importing something from the states, which would just end up costing big bucks.

Might just end up making my own if they don't exist any more. Seems like it'd be a straightforward project if I can get my hands on a lathe.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Herr Tog posted:

it will not and all czs expired next year so gently caress me they may register a bunch of new stuff then or stop

fuckin rip

loud-bob
Feb 11, 2004

AHHHHHHHH

Capn Beeb posted:

drat, I think it works well with the aesthetic but everything else is concerning Too bad, just saw the zhukov is available in plum and it's extremely my jam.

Edit:

Anyone got a line on an OD green factory folding Scorpion stock?

Edit 2:

Well this is a handy comparison

Did you check cz custom?

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

loud-bob posted:

Did you check cz custom?

That's where I saw a thumbnail of the green stock, but all they've got in stock are black and FDE ones. I could get the FDE once it's stamp time and dye it

Numlock
May 19, 2007

Black Lives Matter

Anybody know anything about these extended base pads? Do they work on P10c and p07 magazines?

https://shop.springerprecision.com/product.sc?productId=381&categoryId=95

Bob Mundon
Dec 1, 2003
Your Friendly Neighborhood Gun Nut

It specifically says P07 so I would think so?

Numlock
May 19, 2007

Black Lives Matter

Yeah but shouldnt spring lengths be different?

Like if I put it on a 15 round p07/P10c mag wouldn’t it be over spring vs putting it in a 17 round p09 mag?

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

Numlock posted:

Like if I put it on a 15 round p07/P10c mag wouldn’t it be over spring vs putting it in a 17 round p09 mag?

With the Grams springs you just cut coils off if there's too much tension.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Numlock posted:

It'll be different but usually 2 rounds is generally ok. Most +2 kits use the stock springs and are fine. My P07 UG was sold with the +2 extensions installed (which were of course discarded before leaving the shop due to CO) and the included flat plates just use the standard springs. poo poo works perfectly fine.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

DeesGrandpa posted:

It'll be different but usually 2 rounds is generally ok. Most +2 kits use the stock springs and are fine. My P07 UG was sold with the +2 extensions installed (which were of course discarded before leaving the shop due to CO) and the included flat plates just use the standard springs. poo poo works perfectly fine.

140mm ones should be +4/+5.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

DeesGrandpa posted:

The P07 comes with the +2 extensions from the factory. Mine had the flush bottoms on but I swapped those for the +2 and haven't had a problem. I also purchased a +2 for my HK p30sk and had no problem with the stock spring.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

Black Lives Matter

NickBlasta posted:

With the Grams springs you just cut coils off if there's too much tension.

Thanks, apparently there’s lots of people asking about mag extensions and their compatibility across these three guns but nobody has any answers.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Box thread to come, but here are some initial thoughts:

Trigger is Way Too Heavy, ordered the HBI spring kit to fix that.
Forend rails are cheese grater made of glass sharp, Midwest Industries forend coming to replace
Grip angle is weird and the grip itself feels overly huge, Apex Tactical Optimized grip coming as well
The bolt hold open is cool but I vastly prefer putting the charging handle in the back and up position for 1800AREYOUSLAPPIN
Mag release is different, will take time getting used to
Irons are excellent, no change required. Might red dot it, might not
Fiddled with an AFG on it for a minute but some more fiddling revealed that a magwell grip is comfy, workable, and puts my thumb in line with the endcap on the TLR-1 like it was made to be
The safety is STIFF AS gently caress HOLY CRAP also y'all weren't kidding about it digging into your index finger, hopefully the grip change will help that but I can always get a cap delete or something

Put a quick 20 through it with some adorable 10 round mags, Very Fun! Trigger spring swap will likely bump this into Super Fun, and the forend and grip upgrades prolly gonna blast me off into ULTRAFUN territory. Gonna call a title II shop tomorrow and see if they can hold my hand through form 1-ing this thing

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Just get some different safety selectors now. Trust me.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Bottle caps should be all Budvar

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

fknlo posted:

Just get some different safety selectors now. Trust me.

Which one do you suggest? The AK style one looks pretty neato!

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

I have the mini-AK, I like it

Bummey
May 26, 2004

I still use the stock safety. Works fine for me.

The gearhead mag release looks the best to me. All the other duckbill/paddle releases kinda look lovely.

Have any of you tried the Pakse grip? It looks the best of all the grips I've seen.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Apr 23, 2018

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tyro posted:

I have the mini-AK, I like it

Same. I have them on both sides in case some wrong handed person ever shoots it too. They're great.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Watched a video on the mini AK selector and that looks perfect, thanks

Also, how do you remove the compensator catch?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

Watched a video on the mini AK selector and that looks perfect, thanks

Also, how do you remove the compensator catch?

gotta take off the barrel nut. And that fucker is drenched in the reddest loctite you'll find.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008

The safety is almost a non issue for me when i shoot the Evo as a rifle, not attempting to hold it like a pistol. The cz stock is pretty comfy, but i also had good times with an AR buffer tube adaptor and an AR stock.

Be careful switching out that safety (and removing it in general since you have to to get the trigger apart) that LITTLE set screw is small as gently caress, and they might use some sort of locktite on it as well. Mine is stripped and I need to talk to someone to get it out, so I can do a spring swap as well.

The hand stop is nice for the front end, as you can sometimes get fingers into 'poo poo thats hot' places, especially with a can on the front.

I am looking at a larger charging handle and a new front end.... not sure if i want carbine to stick a can under or go shorty.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Bummey posted:

gotta take off the barrel nut. And that fucker is drenched in the reddest loctite you'll find.

Thanks Ordered a wrench from Midwest Industries with their forend which came in extremely handy because what in tarnation

I use my creme brule torch more for gunsmithing than I do cooking

Midwest forend is extremely radical and cool, as is the Apex optimized grip

Got HB Industries' trigger springs coming now along with a mini AK safety. GOOD poo poo GET A SCORP

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Some CZ-75 Nills: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nill-grips-Master-Series-for-CZ-75-85/112957348814

God drat.

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

Sweet. I’m totally bidding on those.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Fallen Rib

Looks like grabagun has the Kadet kit in stock again for cz75z

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

nwin posted:

Looks like grabagun has the Kadet kit in stock again for cz75z

Uuuugh. Aren't they being discontinued or something? I'm going to kick myself if I never get one but I really shouldn't be spending money on it now, but discontinued CZ poo poo always goes insane price-wise and at $400 it's already pretty expensive.

A few other places have them at the moment too, not many in stock at any place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

So, uh, let's see if a Kadet II plays nice with all these CGW fire control parts. Nice they give you two mags!