Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unskilled Labour
Jul 23, 2009

BrianM87 posted:

How are the CZ 550 FS? I've been thinking about one in 6.5x55 since summer, and with tax returns coming in it looks like I'll have some spending money to throw at one. Are the full stock rifles worth it, or would I be better off going with the 550 American? It will be used to dicking around on the range and probably hunting at some point.

I've got the 550 American in .308 and it is a great gun, 6.5x55 would be a hoot. The Man Licker stock is beautiful, but may get dinged up if you take it hunting (if that worries you). The 550 FS will have iron sights, the American won't (it's designed to be used with glass only, mine came with scope rings from the factory). There's also a difference in the stock, I'd suggest you go to your local gun shop and have a look at both, see which one you prefer.

Edit: New page, added quote for context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

The full stock model will be less accurate because of the non-floated barrel and full stock (though I can't say how much less. It's probably negligible for the average user) but I don't think anyone will call it a bad gun. CZ makes 'em good.

Also know that CZ's American line of rifles have no irons.

BrianM87
Oct 30, 2006
I keep missing. Are you sure the bullets work?

What I'd really like is a 550 Lux, but it looks like they don't sell those in the US? How much will the mechanical accuracy be affected by the full stock? I'm not looking to make this a 1000 yard rifle, but making small holes at at 3-400 yards every now and then sounds like a fun time.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

I'd like a 527FS in .223 and a 550FS in 6.5x55 to go along with my 455FS in .22lr for maximum classiness.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

9.3x62mm is rad and all, but I want the 550 Carbine to be available in 6.5x55

Additionally, I want that kevlar stock to be available for the 527 Carbine.

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Time for my monthly post.

Still on the lookout for a NIB CZ75B SA in 9mm.

Please let me know!

Thanks!

Domini Cane
Oct 21, 2002

You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day. You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.

I'm new to the CZ love fest. However, I'm looking to get into a new hunting rifle and I want Steyr quality but not at the price. Browning, Ruger, Winchester and Remington don't even approach the level of quality that Sako and Steyr bring to the table. How do CZ's rifles match up for fit, finish and quality?

Unskilled Labour
Jul 23, 2009

I'd say they're very good to excellent. Maybe not top of the line German or Finnish, but pretty close. The CZ bolt action rifles have a modified Mauser action and are definitely excellent value for money. I haave a CZ 550 American in .308 and I'm very happy with it. Basically if a Sako or Steyr are outside your budget, a CZ rifle is an excellent alternative. Hell, even if you can easily afford the former, you wouldn't be disappointed with a CZ.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Still looking for another Kadet kit. Does CZ make like 5 of these a year or something? No one I can find has had them in stock even before the Barackolypse II.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

ZebraBlade posted:

Still looking for another Kadet kit. Does CZ make like 5 of these a year or something? No one I can find has had them in stock even before the Barackolypse II.

Bud's had them in frequently, as did CZ-Custom and Damascus Gun Shop. There is a fellow on the CZForums classifieds that stocks them occasionally too.

Your best bet is probably to get a hold of CZ-Custom and ask them for a heads-up when they come in.

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite

28_days posted:

Time for my monthly post.

Still on the lookout for a NIB CZ75B SA in 9mm.

Please let me know!

Thanks!

I know you're looking for NIB but this just popped up on my local forums. I'd take both those 15 rounders if you simply couldn't stand them.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48498-wts-cz-75b-sa/

Edit:VVV - PMed the seller. If you can't see the pics, it looks like you'd expect, no obvious signs of abuse or damage.
edit2: He said he would use his FFL to ship, so $50 added to his asking price of $475.

Bud fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Feb 15, 2013

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Bud posted:

I know you're looking for NIB but this just popped up on my local forums. I'd take both those 15 rounders if you simply couldn't stand them.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/48498-wts-cz-75b-sa/

gently caress if he doesn't want it I'd take it.

You should ask him if he will ship.

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

IuniusBrutus posted:

gently caress if he doesn't want it I'd take it.

You should ask him if he will ship.

Thanks Bud, but I'm holding out for NIB at this point. I appreciate it though!

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...

BeanTaco posted:

In NZ they're just "the" rifle maker.
Like if you go into a store to get a .22, and ask for anything other than a brno, there's a good chance you'll get funny looks, and will almost definitely be told to at least fondle one.

It's the one area where we actually have taste.

Except not one in 100 people has a centrefire CZ, and as far as rimfires go, almost everyone is too cheap to actually buy a CZ

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Mec Gar 16 round mags in stock http://www.midwayusa.com/product/918412/mec-gar-magazine-cz-75-9mm-luger-16-round-steel-blue?cm_cat=CheckoutConfirm&cm_pla=ProductDescrip

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Domini Cane posted:

I'm new to the CZ love fest. However, I'm looking to get into a new hunting rifle and I want Steyr quality but not at the price. Browning, Ruger, Winchester and Remington don't even approach the level of quality that Sako and Steyr bring to the table. How do CZ's rifles match up for fit, finish and quality?

They're okay but still a mid range rifle. It's not a modern action or features in any way either.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Uncle Caveman posted:

9.3x62mm is rad and all, but I want the 550 Carbine to be available in 6.5x55

Additionally, I want that kevlar stock to be available for the 527 Carbine.

Nah those stocks are kinds bad ergonomically

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

Oh my loving fucks, thank you. And at reasonable Goddamn prices, too.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

44mag has CZ mags in stock too. They aren't cheap, but only ~$5 higher than pre-panic.

http://www.44mag.com/product/mec-gar_cz_75_9mm_magazine/cz_magazines

martinlutherbling
Mar 27, 2010

New grips new pics

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

So, uh CZ just came out with a rifle thats literally called the "tacticool" http://cz-usa.com/products/view/CZ455VarmintTacticool/

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Because it has a preinstalled boyd's tacticool stock, no big deal on the name there.

Unskilled Labour
Jul 23, 2009

martinlutherbling posted:

New grips new pics

Very nice, the CZ75 BD is the de-cocker version, correct? How's the de-cocker? I kind of wish CZ would release a Shadow with one, I don't mind lowering the hammer on mine when I shoot double action (IPSC Production), but a de-cocker would be handy.

martinlutherbling
Mar 27, 2010

It's not bad, but I wish I had held out for a normal model with a safety. I don't carry the gun so the decocker doesn't do much for me, and I want an SA trigger. If I could do it again I'd start with an SP-01, convert to SA and ditch the FPB.

martinlutherbling fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 22, 2013

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

Decockers are nice from a theory stand point of having nothing between you and the gun going bang other than pulling the trigger to the rear while still having a heavier than normal trigger pull for peace of mind (this is a crock of poo poo that you realize once you get comfortable with and trust your holster). Where it sucks is when you want to detail strip it or find a smith willing to work on it (Now is very different than 4 years ago when I think it was just Mink and Hobdell and maybe a few local guys and two posts on detail stripping it on the internet) to get the trigger pull down to amazing trigger levels. I love my decockers but I have come to realize how much they work against me.

martinlutherbling
Mar 27, 2010

The trigger on mine is pretty freaking excellent thanks to Dave at CGW. Detail stripping is a bitch for sure, dealing with the sear cage was a NIGHTMARE! Ended up having to send the gun in to get the race hammer installed.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

I heard back from multiple vendors regarding Kadet Kits, in case anyone else is looking. Only CZ Customs is expecting them in and only in very limited numbers starting in April, the other vendors are either not expecting any more or do not know a delivery date. The Kadet (whole gun) is being discontinued as well, I wonder if the Kadet Kit will be next on the chopping block.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

If I don't care about the interchangeable barrel in the 455 American - is there any reason to get it over a 452 American?

I'm in Canada so..

1) The price for each of the models is (almost) the same.
2) Can't even find a retailer that currently sells the 455 barrel combo package.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Not really any reason to get the 455 over the 452, just the 452 is no longer being made so there won't be any new ones showing up in stores. The barrel swap thing is something that sounds neat but in practice I doubt many people bother with that.

I have a 455FS and I love it. Gets attention at the range too because it's very purty.

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

priznat posted:

Not really any reason to get the 455 over the 452, just the 452 is no longer being made so there won't be any showing up in stores.

I have a 455FS and I love it. Gets attention at the range too because it's very purty.

Agreed.

I feel the built quality of my CZ455FS exceeds that of my CZ527 carbine as well. It's very, very nice.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

priznat posted:

Not really any reason to get the 455 over the 452, just the 452 is no longer being made so there won't be any new ones showing up in stores. The barrel swap thing is something that sounds neat but in practice I doubt many people bother with that.

Great thanks - I've found a retailer with the 452 in stock so I'll try and grab it. Haven't seen anyone carry a 455FS up here, so I'll just have to look at the pretty pictures of it instead!

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

cougar cub posted:

Great thanks - I've found a retailer with the 452 in stock so I'll try and grab it. Haven't seen anyone carry a 455FS up here, so I'll just have to look at the pretty pictures of it instead!

You really can't go wrong either way. Early congrats on the purchase, good choice!

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

Well, I did say I was going for trashy instead of classy, and I have never been good at spray painting anyway. You all here are the first to witness the glory.

Behold, my Duracoated CZ 85 Combat (click for bigger, though there's not much reason to):

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

That looks pretty nifty!

Unskilled Labour
Jul 23, 2009

It looks like lego.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

cougar cub posted:

I got one at Lever Arms in Vancouver so they were around, just CZ stuff seems to be pretty rarely in stock these days. I'm hoping to get a 527FS in .223 at some point too.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Do you remember what the pricepoint for the 455FS was?

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

My new CZ527 carbine in .223

As well as my new CZ455FS in .22. Fantastic wood on this one, love the sights as well.

Both were a bit stiff when I first got them, but after working the actions a hundred or so times each they feel fantastic.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

loving nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Herr Tog posted:

loving nice.

Thanks!

The photo really doesn't do the CZ455FS justice. It's tiger striped on the other side, but I didn't want to lay it action down for the photo.

As first I was not thrilled about the mag release on the CZ527, but after fooling with the magazine a number of times it goes in and out without any issues. VERY stiff at first though.