Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

12345random
Mar 24, 2013

Any holster recommendations for a 75 B? Style doesnt matter, im just weighing my options.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

1791apparel posted:

Any holster recommendations for a 75 B? Style doesnt matter, im just weighing my options.

Thanks!

There are so many choices that it's ultimately up to what you want to pay and what you want from the holster. Does it need to be concealed? Will it mostly be a place to store said pistol when not in use? Everyone makes a holster for the 75 because the 75 is so popular; you can spend anywhere from $15 to over $300 if you desire something fancy.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...

-What's the max COAL in a 7.62x39 CZ 527 mag??

-Same in .223?

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

My caliper reads the max internal length of the 223 mag at 2.34" - though keep in mind the 527 carbine in that caliber is 1:12.

Uncle Caveman fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Apr 24, 2013

12345random
Mar 24, 2013

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

There are so many choices that it's ultimately up to what you want to pay and what you want from the holster. Does it need to be concealed? Will it mostly be a place to store said pistol when not in use? Everyone makes a holster for the 75 because the 75 is so popular; you can spend anywhere from $15 to over $300 if you desire something fancy.

Good to know. Some quick Googling made it sound like it's difficult to find something that's a good fit.

I want it to be concealed, but not IWB. It'll be rarely used, but I'm actually considering some kind of shoulder/chest rig.

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

1791apparel posted:

Good to know. Some quick Googling made it sound like it's difficult to find something that's a good fit.

I want it to be concealed, but not IWB. It'll be rarely used, but I'm actually considering some kind of shoulder/chest rig.

I actually have a leftover 75b pancake-style leather holster from when I have one, send me a pm/email me at redacted and we can probably work something out.

Forum Hussy fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Apr 24, 2013

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Uncle Caveman posted:

My caliper reads the max internal length of the 223 mag at 2.34" - though keep in mind the 527 carbine in that caliber is 1:12.

Oh indeed.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

1791apparel posted:

Thanks!

https://www.ubgholsters.com

I have four holsters from him, 2 striker 1s and 2 regulators. Fantastic quality, comfort, and conceal ability. Use coupon code Facebook if its still active. The regulator is an excellent owb.

12345random
Mar 24, 2013

devmd01 posted:

https://www.ubgholsters.com

I have four holsters from him, 2 striker 1s and 2 regulators. Fantastic quality, comfort, and conceal ability. Use coupon code Facebook if its still active. The regulator is an excellent owb.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

1791apparel posted:

In that case you may want to hit up the CCW thread. Those guys know holsters better than their own dicks. One thing with shoulder rigs is that you have to wear a second layer of clothing, so if you wear somewhere hot it may not be the most ideal solution. That said, shoulder rigs are fun to own, just for the Don Johnson/Miami Vice factor.

12345random
Mar 24, 2013

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

In that case you may want to hit up the CCW thread. Those guys know holsters better than their own dicks. One thing with shoulder rigs is that you have to wear a second layer of clothing, so if you wear somewhere hot it may not be the most ideal solution. That said, shoulder rigs are fun to own, just for the Don Johnson/Miami Vice factor.

Ha, exactly. Good thinking!

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

I know some one here has to have a Skorpion. If you do, check the "Pay it forward" thread!

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

Took my 75B out to play a little today, and got some new pics of it before I put it away. I really think this is my favorite centerfire pistol to shoot now that I've worked on it. I may end up taking it apart and doing the home trigger polish job just for the hell of it at some point, but it's really pretty fantastic as it is now.

I broke the Kadet out for a while, too. I really want to change the sights out to match the 75's CGW sights.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Tell me everything!

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

madeintaipei posted:

Tell me everything!

Well, I bought it and a Kadet used at a local pawn shop, with a set of dead Meprolights on it that had to be changed, so I figured I'd do some home tinkering on it while I was at it. I picked up a CGW Race Hammer Kit for them both. Holy poo poo, check out the new stainless race hammer, that's pimp I also went with the CGW EZ-Drift sight set, and a lighter hammer spring, but I forget the weight, it was whatever was the recommended spring replacement kit on CGW.

Then I picked up an SAO trigger and sear spacer from CZ Custom, along with a set of the half-checkered CZ cocobolo grips. With the sear from the race kit, you can adjust the trigger to downright dangerously crisp and short pulls. Freaking. Awesome. Trigger.

12345random
Mar 24, 2013

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

I broke the Kadet out for a while, too. I really want to change the sights out to match the 75's CGW sights.

Looking good!

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Missed a sweet CZ-82 on gunbroker the other day. Does anyone still have these in stock at reasonable prices, preferably without the ugly CAI import stamp? And can magazines be found for less than $rape?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

madeintaipei posted:

Tell me everything!

Start here then here then here.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Thank you! I love my 75B. It is not my only pistol, but it's my best. What you have, is what I want mine to be!

e: Point taken, Bummey! Thank you.

madeintaipei fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Apr 29, 2013

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dead Reckoning posted:

Missed a sweet CZ-82 on gunbroker the other day. Does anyone still have these in stock at reasonable prices, preferably without the ugly CAI import stamp? And can magazines be found for less than $rape?

How about an ugly Cherry stamp instead: http://www.allans-armory.com/aaresult.php?PageId=50

And no, magazines are $50 for factory mags from JG Sales. GB seems to be around the same. https://www.keepshooting.com apparently will have some of their own "soon" but they've been saying that for a while.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Dead Reckoning posted:

Ya, I got mine locally for $320. Not a great price, but they aren't in stock anywhere.

DookieSandwich
Nov 14, 2012

Holy poo poo I gotta have this: http://texasguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=367855

But i'm too loving broke

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

1800? ffffffuck that.

DookieSandwich
Nov 14, 2012

Yep seemed a bit outrageous, the seller just lowered it 1800. I think it was over 2 grand yesterday. Its pretty loving dope though. Too bad its not a regular production item.

12345random
Mar 24, 2013

DookieSandwich posted:

Holy poo poo I gotta have this: http://texasguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=367855

But i'm too loving broke

It is a really nice piece.

Gallery here: http://imgur.com/a/i9cSB

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to answer them for you. From what I gather, the US has received a significant number of both the South American and African market ones. The exact number isn't known however.

martinlutherbling
Mar 27, 2010

Welp, I think you've inspired me to finally list my CGW-ified decocker model on gunbroker and pick up a regular B or SP-01 to send back to CGW. I'll probly build it the exact same way but in SA.

So yeah, thanks I guess. Jerk.

martinlutherbling fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Apr 29, 2013

janklow
Sep 28, 2001

whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent.

madeintaipei posted:

I know some one here has to have a Skorpion. If you do, check the "Pay it forward" thread!
i find it hard to believe that i am the only one... but PM sent.

12345random
Mar 24, 2013

Forum Hussy posted:

I actually have a leftover 75b pancake-style leather holster from when I have one, send me a pm/email me at redacted and we can probably work something out.

Hey, just letting you know the holster arrived, thanks again!

PS: I cleared out my Gmail account today and your email must have went with it

Soupisgood
Dec 5, 2012

I have some extra cash, and my beat up pre b cz 75 with the staked sight held in now only by some jb weld. On Wednesday I'm going to take it in to see if I can get it refinished and the slide milled out for new sights.

Any advice on not sounding like a a simpleton while getting the gunsmith to czech out my gun? More specifically how best to explain what I want without just pointing and grunting out "new sights!"

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Question: what would be the best solution for see-through rings for a CZ455FS? For some reason I had been putting off getting rings to scope it because I like shooting iron sights, and I had a brain block against the existence of see-thru rings.

Would be great to stick on an inexpensive but decent rimfire scope (thinking a vortex) on there.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

How are you able to get a cheek weld with those things? I thought they had gone the way of the mastodon

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Hm, I haven't tried them so I'm not sure if they would actually work. I do have a large noggin though.

hagrd
Aug 25, 2003

Q:What's better than a Sphinx3000?

A:TWO Sphinx3000.

No, the other one isn't mine, I'm just keeping it for a friend

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

priznat posted:

Question: what would be the best solution for see-through rings for a CZ455FS? For some reason I had been putting off getting rings to scope it because I like shooting iron sights, and I had a brain block against the existence of see-thru rings.

Would be great to stick on an inexpensive but decent rimfire scope (thinking a vortex) on there.

Not getting them is the best solution, because They Suck

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

well then. Any options for good QD mounts that hold zero for when I have the urge to shoot with irons?

Lunchboxx
Jun 19, 2004

His name is Head. Dick Head.

Alright I'm here what did I mis

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

priznat posted:

well then. Any options for good QD mounts that hold zero for when I have the urge to shoot with irons?

I got Warne QDs on my 527 carbine. They're really nice and hold zero no sweat.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Awesome, I will look for a set of those, thanks!

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

AE-35 Unit posted:

I got Warne QDs on my 527 carbine. They're really nice and hold zero no sweat.

How much bolt clearance do you have, and how low can you mount a scope with an objective lens of reasonable size? Someday I may be in the market for CZ scope mounts and I've heard mixed reports as to whether medium Warne rings are OK or if you need to go high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Otto Skorzeny posted:

How much bolt clearance do you have, and how low can you mount a scope with an objective lens of reasonable size? Someday I may be in the market for CZ scope mounts and I've heard mixed reports as to whether medium Warne rings are OK or if you need to go high.

Just enough with an uncut, stock bolt handle. These are the medium rings with a Leupold VX-2 3-9x 33mm Ultralight scope (lovely cellphone pics ahoy):

Eye relief