Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Unskilled Labour posted:

They are stuuning, but I have the understanding that they aren't freefloated?

I would like to know about that for certain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

I've never owned a pistol before, and I am pretty sure I want of a cz of some sort in 9mm or similar caliber to plink with. Is there any particular model I should keep an eye out for? (I'm hoping to buy used) And what price point should I expect?

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench posted:

I've never owned a pistol before, and I am pretty sure I want of a cz of some sort in 9mm or similar caliber to plink with. Is there any particular model I should keep an eye out for? (I'm hoping to buy used) And what price point should I expect?

You want a CZ-75. You can get a police surplus CZ-75 or CZ-75 compact for under $400 pretty easily, and new/lightly used CZ-75 or P-01s for under $450. An SP-01 should be around $500-$550. If 9mm isn't cheap enough, another $250 gets the Kadet kit, which converts a CZ-75 to .22. CZ-82s and -83s are even cheaper at around $200-$300, but you may pay a little more for 9x18 ammo if you don't buy in bulk, they aren't as pleasant shooting, and they have smaller aftermarkets. They're fine plinkers though.

If those won't work, Tanfoglio and EAA both make good quality CZ clones. You'll get some additional cosmetic and frame size options, but they're essentially the same guns and have a lot of parts commonality with CZs.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Bumpin' this thread, I've got a CZ Shadow on order finally! :toot:

I'm very excited, I've wanted one for a while and it's pretty much the ideal 9mm for me.

Now I just need to get off my rear end and get the IPSC cert here..

Goldfinger
Aug 6, 2006

While we're bumping this thread, its new CZ day at my house :toot:! No more .40 for me; I sold my OD Glock 23 and got this with some of the proceeds.

More (and better) pics coming later, but I love this pistol. It feels perfect in hand and the trigger is better than I expected. This P-01 was kept as a safe queen so it is in great condition. The VZ G10 grips feel grippy and I really like the way they look. The original owner threw them in. Got it all including shipping for about $475 (including 2 14rd and 2 10rd magazines).

Goldfinger fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 19, 2011

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

P-01s look great, and I dig those grips.

Sadly I don't think there are any in Canada because the barrel's too short (unless there is a 3rd party barrel replacement option).

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

ABANDONED HOMEWORLD FOR SALE, CHEAP!!!
Custom desert-marsh conversion in galactic core, 12% oxygen atm., great weather, friendly native life (missing one moon). Great fix-er-upper. Must sell, alien invasion imminent. $3995 or best offer.

I <3 my P-01, but watch out for your TLR-1s there. I did the same thing and then after shooting a couple mags found that the drat anodization had burned off the top of my light somehow. :(

Goldfinger
Aug 6, 2006

Steak Flavored Gum posted:

I <3 my P-01, but watch out for your TLR-1s there. I did the same thing and then after shooting a couple mags found that the drat anodization had burned off the top of my light somehow. :(

I was wondering if that is going to happen when take it to the range. As long as it doesn't affect the function it's cool :unsmith:.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Steak Flavored Gum posted:

I... take my TLR off before shooting.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Drav posted:

I... take my TLR off before shooting.

sissy mary

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Goldfinger posted:

While we're bumping this thread, its new CZ day at my house :toot:! No more .40 for me; I sold my OD Glock 23 and got this with some of the proceeds.

More (and better) pics coming later, but I love this pistol. It feels perfect in hand and the trigger is better than I expected. This P-01 was kept as a safe queen so it is in great condition. The VZ G10 grips feel grippy and I really like the way they look. The original owner threw them in. Got it all including shipping for about $475 (including 2 14rd and 2 10rd magazines).

Ugh I want VZ grips for my 85 so bad. I think the P-01 comes with rubber grips standard? If so, how do the two compare?

Ninja Rope
Oct 22, 2005

Wee.

Mad Dragon posted:

sissy mary

The TLR-1 on my Sig 229 looks like this too. I think it's cool.

I need to clean the front lens now and then because it can get pretty clouded.

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Goldfinger posted:

That looks really clean! Nice pickup.

Goldfinger
Aug 6, 2006

Thanks, I recommend that anyone who hasn't done so handle one of these. The shape is perfect and feels better the more you hold it.

IuniusBrutus posted:

Ugh I want VZ grips for my 85 so bad. I think the P-01 comes with rubber grips standard? If so, how do the two compare?

I put the stock ones on briefly to compare. The VZ grips are noticeably thinner and very grippy. The rubber ones are wider and pretty grippy, they also feel very comfortable in your palms. I'd give the edge to the VZ grips based on the thinner profile and the grippy texture. It doesn't hurt that they look great too. I just wish they would make a compact version of their 'Frag' CZ-75 full size grips :(.

frag grips here: http://vzgrips.com/gun-grips/cz-grips-1/cz-75-1/cz75-frag

bandaid
Jan 13, 2008

I just got new grips too. And a new gun. :slick:

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Spent some time dialing in my 527 Carbine's trigger so there is no more overtravel. Between that and the set trigger, I think I am now completely spoiled for other rifles.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Uncle Caveman posted:

Spent some time dialing in my 527 Carbine's trigger so there is no more overtravel. Between that and the set trigger, I think I am now completely spoiled for other rifles.

What caliber is your carbine in? I have an excuse to buy stuff in 7.62x39 now, and I'm considering a 527 in it.

For those who are interested: http://www.marschalgrips.com/cz75_82-thin/thincz75-82.html

These look pretty nice, and I may order a set for my 85.

IuniusBrutus fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Aug 20, 2011

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction

CZ postin'

Goldfinger
Aug 6, 2006

kuffs posted:

CZ postin'

That is sweet. I love that straight SA trigger (and the kadet slide). Now I want a full size SA drat it.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Anyone heard anything about the 712? It seems like a solid semi-auto, especially for the price. Seems like aftermarket is limited, though. Is that accurate?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I thought I heard somewhere that CZ doesn't actually make the 712, just rebrands it or whatever. Not sure who makes it, and the reviews seemed a little so-so.

edit: some googling around has forum speculators claiming Turkish made. Makes sense, given the price, and I have a Hatsan I have no problems with so they're probably fine.

priznat fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Aug 21, 2011

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

IuniusBrutus posted:

What caliber is your carbine in? I have an excuse to buy stuff in 7.62x39 now, and I'm considering a 527 in it.
x39. I considered the .223 version since I am a huge FONV nerd but a fellow tfr'er was selling it and I never shoot my Saiga sporter.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Uncle Caveman posted:

x39. I considered the .223 version since I am a huge FONV nerd but a fellow tfr'er was selling it and I never shoot my Saiga sporter.

I think I need this.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

You do. :)

It's an incredibly pleasant little gun. I think it may be the most enjoyable-to-shoot rifle I've ever shot... Everything just seems to be so well thought-out. My only gripe is that I would prefer an aperture rear sight.

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

Posting this here as well, I finally got the last parts for my "sbr" cz 75 shadow.
I still need a riser for the aimpoint, but that can wait.

Me showing how fast it is to install/uninstall the gun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLIdv-Wfb-Y

I can hardly wait for some free time to go to the range with this.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Thinking about peep sights for my 452. Good idea or terrible idea?

Anyone done this? The 452 sights are already pretty good, that's the only downside I can think of...

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

ABANDONED HOMEWORLD FOR SALE, CHEAP!!!
Custom desert-marsh conversion in galactic core, 12% oxygen atm., great weather, friendly native life (missing one moon). Great fix-er-upper. Must sell, alien invasion imminent. $3995 or best offer.

Rough Lobster posted:

Anyone done this? The 452 sights are already pretty good, that's the only downside I can think of...

Yeah, I put TechSights on my 452 Ultra Lux. They rule. Check the pic in the .22 megathread.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

Rough Lobster posted:

Also see my 452 in the .22 thread, I have the BRNO aperture sights on mine.

28_days
Jul 2, 2008

Heintron posted:

Posting this here as well, I finally got the last parts for my "sbr" cz 75 shadow.
I still need a riser for the aimpoint, but that can wait.

Me showing how fast it is to install/uninstall the gun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLIdv-Wfb-Y

I can hardly wait for some free time to go to the range with this.

What's the total weight of this setup?

wood grain grippin
May 22, 2006

wood grain sippin

In retrospect I should have propped the D compact up with another apple instead of using the screwdriver.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Uncle Caveman posted:

x39. I considered the .223 version since I am a huge FONV...

My 527 is in .223 and I can echo the sentiment of how pleasant these things are to shoot.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

wood grain grippin posted:

In retrospect I should have propped the D compact up with another apple instead of using the screwdriver.

Great user/post combo :v:

wood grain grippin
May 22, 2006

wood grain sippin

devmd01 posted:

Great user/post combo :v:

Hah, coincidentally I had taken off my wood grips on the tactical minutes before this picture was taken.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

So you have demonstrated that you are NOT, in fact, grippin' wood grain. Should we infer that you are likewise not drippin' stains when you switch lanes? :colbert:

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

My 452 Lux in .22lr

The only rifle I trust completely to hit what I am aiming at every time. Placed 3rd in two BR 30 matches with it and scored in the bogong (fly) shoot. (hit a picture of fly, from 200m).

Click for huge.

I'm seriously considering getting a .223 in this, as well as a CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow once I deal with the paperwork for a pistol permit here. If the pistol shoots anything close to as good as the .22, I'll never get anything else!

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Just started the process for my next CZ purchase, check goes in the mail today to the ffl i'm getting a great deal from. Pictures when it gets here in ~2 weeks. :D

Unskilled Labour
Jul 23, 2009

Whoforthenwhat posted:

My 452 Lux in .22lr

The only rifle I trust completely to hit what I am aiming at every time. Placed 3rd in two BR 30 matches with it and scored in the bogong (fly) shoot. (hit a picture of fly, from 200m).

Click for huge.

I'm seriously considering getting a .223 in this, as well as a CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow once I deal with the paperwork for a pistol permit here. If the pistol shoots anything close to as good as the .22, I'll never get anything else!

The Shadow is a fantastic pistol and at the top of my list to get once I have my pistol licence.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

At my local range. Nothing but CZ the whole way down the line!

**edit** Table breakage.

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

28_days posted:

What's the total weight of this setup?

2.7kg without ammo (18 round mag).

Friend trying it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgpTRiu2-64

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Heintron posted:

2.7kg without ammo (18 round mag).

Friend trying it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgpTRiu2-64

That looks like way too much fun. You guys do have a FEW things over the states...

So, people should give me reasons to not buy a vz.61 Skorpion, since CDNN has them for $400 and they are pretty much awesome.