Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Yeah, the 527 is not an ideal choice for a long-range precision gun. It's a fine small-game rifle, though, and a super fun plinker.

Also, where can I get some weightless goth bullets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Oh whoops. Some sort of autocorrect madness right there.

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome
Oct 2, 2004

From the .22 thread:

slartibartfast posted:

Mine's a 455 Lux, but I want to caution you that if you don't order all the barrels you want as part of your initial order, then when you do get around to ordering them, you'll need to get them properly headspaced by a gunsmith (or someone who knows what they're doing). Apparently this is done already if you buy all the barrels when you buy the action. Maybe that's common knowledge, but it was news to me at the time; this was one of my first guns. I didn't buy the multiple barrels to save a couple bucks, and now I'm regretting it.

Is this a legitimate thing, or is it just CZ covering their asses legally? It doesn't make sense to make a gun specifically capable of changing calibers and sell kits if this is really needed.

I have a .17hmr 455, and I got a .22 barrel for it, but have yet to get a spacer to hold the mag in so I haven't shot it yet.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Cooler than poo poo Skorpion on gunbroker:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=359133363

The .380 ones are pretty rare in the states.

ninja edit: Looks like czechpoint is importing them now!

right arm
Oct 29, 2011

wow I love memes

12345random
Mar 24, 2013

IuniusBrutus posted:

Cooler than poo poo Skorpion on gunbroker:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=359133363

The .380 ones are pretty rare in the states.

ninja edit: Looks like czechpoint is importing them now!

Whoa, awesome. If I didn't just pick up a Mini Uzi (from Mishaco) I would be all over this!

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Nope, sorry, those mags are terrible.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The 527 comes in 1:12 twist rate and 1:10 twist rate.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...

Herr Tog posted:

The 527 comes in 1:12 twist rate and 1:10 twist rate.

Since when? the .223 527 came in 1:9 in the varmint versions and 1:12 in others

Unless you're talking about the other cals it comes in which all only have 1 standard twist rate each

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Yeah, none of which are 1:10 so I guess

Unskilled Labour
Jul 23, 2009

If you ever need to swap the extractor on a CZ Shadow, make sure you use a small hammer and punch. Just tap the pin, don't bash it with a big hammer like I did. Now I have idiot scratches on the slide and had to order a new pin. I learnt my lesson and got the appropriate tools. It only took a couple of minutes to swap out with the right tools and I feel like an idiot.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Sorry you are right I thought it was an odd number like 10 but turns out it is a normal rear end number like 9.

ShitheadDeluxe
May 14, 2007

I was so happy with my new wood grips, I had to snap a picture right there on my worktable.

The Pigeon
Feb 8, 2008

I have nothing to say here.

College Slice

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome posted:

From the .22 thread:

Is this a legitimate thing, or is it just CZ covering their asses legally? It doesn't make sense to make a gun specifically capable of changing calibers and sell kits if this is really needed.

I have a .17hmr 455, and I got a .22 barrel for it, but have yet to get a spacer to hold the mag in so I haven't shot it yet.

Yeah, it's a legit thing, but also sort of CYA. I suppose you could get a barrel that was incompatible with your bolt, but probably unlikely. I purchased a .17hmr barrel for my 455 after the fact and it clearly states in the documentation that it needs to be head spaced by a professional. I took mine into the gunsmith. He slapped the .17 barrel on gauged it, shot a few rounds and said it was good without any special tweaks. Had I known, I wouldn't have taken it in, but as it is, I'm grateful for the peace of mind.

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

I finally got a 452 Varmint to throw in my BRNO target stock I bought from Denny on RFC many moons ago. It used to have my UL in it, but it never really fit right, since the rear sight kept you from being able to mount a scope at a good height for the comb on it, and it was a waste of all that long sight radius to put a scope on an Ultra Lux, anyway.

I haven't gotten to shoot it as it is, but I like the way it looks. I may end up experimenting with glass and pillar bedding it, just for shits and giggles. The 36x44 BSA scope came with the Varmint when I bought it off Gunbroker, so I guess I'll leave it on there until I get around to buying something better.

Ozzie seems to approve of it.

The trigger's already really good, with basically no take-up, and very crisp. Probably won't be modifying it like I did my UL. The bolt still needs some breaking in, though, so I'll be bugging the poo poo out of my roomate for a couple nights working with it

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

P-09 9mm $489.99 in stock

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

What is the best guide for reassembling SP01 fire control components? I am going to do a full strip and clean and respring of my SP01 now that I am past the 8k round mark. I could probably keep running it without issue but its dirty as gently caress in the trigger parts and its bugging me. I might order some cajun gun works parts and stick em in while im at it.

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

ZebraBlade posted:

What is the best guide for reassembling SP01 fire control components? I am going to do a full strip and clean and respring of my SP01 now that I am past the 8k round mark. I could probably keep running it without issue but its dirty as gently caress in the trigger parts and its bugging me. I might order some cajun gun works parts and stick em in while im at it.

This guide here, while specifically about doing a trigger job on the CZ-75 series of pistols, does a pretty great job of letting you know what to expect out of detail-stripping your SP-01 (in fact, the guide uses an SP-01). I used that guide to take apart my CZ 85 Combat to replace things.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

That's a fairly high price, to be frank. At least in pre-panic dollars,.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

I thought the P-09 was released just a couple months back? Hell, I thought that the price was pretty nice, that's a lot of gun for the money.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Oh wait, that's the full sized one. I guess that's a little more okay.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Bummey posted:

Oh wait, that's the full sized one. I guess that's a little more okay.

You're thinking of the P-07, the P-09 is abou t impossible to find in stock (lol CZ etc) at all let alone below MSRP.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I see Pre-B 75s on gunbroker all the time but never in this condition http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=364143640

Mind you the reserve is probably something stupid, I'm just linking for the novelty.

ShitheadDeluxe
May 14, 2007

Next time I can, I've got to get you guys a pic of a wargaming bud's pre-B. It's blued, got walnut grips and an adjustable target sight. The thing's sexy as hell. drat fine gun.

DeathByDoubleDip
Feb 9, 2009

Probably a dumb question since I can't do anything about it, but is wear on the slide rails something worth worrying about on an SP01? The slide rails on my slide are looking a bit shinier than I want them to...

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

DeathByDoubleDip posted:

Probably a dumb question since I can't do anything about it, but is wear on the slide rails something worth worrying about on an SP01?

Nothing to worry about at all, really. That's a sign that the gun is being used like a gun. It's not like anyone will see the interior of the slide rails when the gun is assembled.

Just keep it lubricated, and nothing will go wrong.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

My rails are shiny as hell. Don't worry about it, just keep them greased/lubed.

SKEET SKEET
Jan 2, 2010

Do you guys know where I could find a replacement stock for the CZ455FS? Somebody set my ammo case on top of the wood and gouged the living gently caress out of it. I love the rifle to death and need to make it right again

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

http://shop.cz-usa.com/C-139/RIMFIRE.aspx

Call them about the 455 and ask? They have 5 of the 452 left.

martinlutherbling
Mar 27, 2010

Placed an order today with David of CGW. SP-01 with race hammer , SAO trigger, ez drift rear and solid black front, and I'm having him 86 the firing pin block. This is my second time having a pistol worked over by him and I'm beyond stoked to get it.
Does anybody make a set of target grips for the sp-01/75? I want something super ergonomic with a nice big thumb rest, preferably without the Nill price tag.

martinlutherbling fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Sep 24, 2013

Unskilled Labour
Jul 23, 2009

martinlutherbling posted:

Placed an order today with David of CGW. SP-01 with race hammer , SAO trigger, ez drift rear and solid black front, and I'm having him 86 the firing pin block. This is my second time having a pistol worked over by him and I'm beyond stoked to get it.
Does anybody make a set of target grips for the sp-01/75? I want something super ergonomic with a nice big thumb rest, preferably without the Nill price tag.

The safety makes a good thumb rest. I just wish the safety was a slightly bigger, around the size Tanfoglio makes would be perfect.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

king of the bongo posted:

http://shop.cz-usa.com/C-139/RIMFIRE.aspx

Call them about the 455 and ask? They have 5 of the 452 left.

Barring that, Midway and Boyd's probably have stocks.

martinlutherbling
Mar 27, 2010

Unskilled Labour posted:

The safety makes a good thumb rest. I just wish the safety was a slightly bigger, around the size Tanfoglio makes would be perfect.

The one thing I really loved about my 1911's ergonomics was the thumbrest. The CZ fits my hands much, much better but feels like something is missing without the massive thumb safety.

martinlutherbling
Mar 27, 2010

I think I'm gonna forget about the whole super anatomic grips thing. I still want some super comfy wood grips though.

Does anybody have experience with grips4u.net? Looks like they build a decent looking clone of Nill grips.

For less than half the price of Nills.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Is that the guys from Thailand? They seem to be pretty legit.

*edit* not the same website that i was thinking of.

Basticle fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 25, 2013

martinlutherbling
Mar 27, 2010

Nope, they're based out of Idaho is what I heard. I got Thai grips for my last CZ , and probly won't go that route again. Fit and finish were meh, befitting the cost, and they were way too flat and shapeless for my taste. I want something that's more like a wood, slightly slimmer version of the stock rubber grips.

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

I think I'm gonna forget about the whole super anatomic grips thing. I still want some super comfy wood grips though.

Does anybody have experience with grips4u.net? Looks like they build a decent looking clone of Nill grips.

Well, dammit, now I want to Krylon my SAO trigger a cool color. Or find someone who'll anodize it electric purple or gold.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

I have a set of those. Nicely cut, decently aggressive checkering, perfect fit, and a good oil finish. You could do worse for the money, IMHO.

lowcrabdiet
Jun 28, 2004
I'm not Steve Nash.

College Slice

I figure the trigger is aftermarket, but how does one get that color/patina on the frame?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

lowcrabdiet posted:

I figure the trigger is aftermarket, but how does one get that color/patina on the frame?

strip the polycoat, blue it, beat the poo poo out of it?