Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

REDjackeT posted:

Then they need to make one so that I can throw some money at them. Poly or metal, don't care.

That actually kind of goes for other good manufacturers as well.

Get a Dan Wesson Razorback? They are still CZ's, technically. Lotta cheddar, though.

drat, new page. Have a picture.

To keep up with Kadetchat, I grabbed this whole Kadet for like $300 or something ridiculous, because it'd been at my LGS for like 3 years on a dusty shelf and they just wanted rid of it. I picked up it and the nickel 75B for around $750 total, so break that down how you want.

Dr Ozziemandius fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Oct 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Razorback? Pfh. Titan or bust: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=370170509

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

ABANDONED HOMEWORLD FOR SALE, CHEAP!!!
Custom desert-marsh conversion in galactic core, 12% oxygen atm., great weather, friendly native life (missing one moon). Great fix-er-upper. Must sell, alien invasion imminent. $3995 or best offer.

Basticle posted:

The guy in the 10mm video actually works for CZ-USA but I'm not 100% sure if that was made by him on his own or if the company made it.

*edit* in the comments someone asked if it was his or CZ-USA's and his reponse was "both?"

I have no idea how much sway CZ-USA actually has on CZUB's production though.

edit: On the note of 10mm, I should have my very own Razorback in a few days.

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

Christ almighty, that thing's just asinine. I want one

Steak Flavored Gum posted:

edit: On the note of 10mm, I should have my very own Razorback in a few days.

Freakin' schweet. :coolbert:

Dr Ozziemandius fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Oct 11, 2013

REDjackeT
Sep 2, 2009

Well, when my gun budget gets back to silly levels, maybe I'll buy one of those guns.

I just want the cartridge to be more popular. It's fun to shoot.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

It took one year, three months, and twenty-two days, but at last my CZ 513 Farmer has returned to me -- of the 489 days I've legally owned it, 479 have been spent away at CZ warranty center.

Everybody celebrate the 15 and 2/3 month arrival of the mediocre CZ rimfire I shot for just one weekend before the stock disintegrated under the punishing might of the vaunted .22LR cartridge!

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Holy gently caress that was 15 months ago?

What am I doing with my life?

Alain Perdrix
Dec 19, 2007

Howdy!

Measuring it by CZ's warranty turnaround, apparently.

ShitheadDeluxe
May 14, 2007

Gtab posted:

It took one year, three months, and twenty-two days, but at last my CZ 513 Farmer has returned to me -- of the 489 days I've legally owned it, 479 have been spent away at CZ warranty center.

Everybody celebrate the 15 and 2/3 month arrival of the mediocre CZ rimfire I shot for just one weekend before the stock disintegrated under the punishing might of the vaunted .22LR cartridge!

Lucky you!

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...

My CZ 452 Style has a polymer stock that is unlikely to split

It's also Nickel which is cool

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Who makes a picatinny rail for a CZ, by the way

Waco Panty Raid
Mar 30, 2002

I don't mind being a little pedantic.

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

Get a Dan Wesson Razorback? They are still CZ's, technically. Lotta cheddar, though.
I seriously considered a Razorback, I love shooting 10mm and don't own a 1911, but I was under the impression from the 1911 thread that 10mm and the 1911 action don't really mix. I'm still waffling on whether or not to buy a Pro-Tek to replace the PCR I gave to my Dad, so I could still afford a Razorback I guess.

Waldstein Sonata
Feb 19, 2013

gimpsuitjones posted:

Who makes a picatinny rail for a CZ, by the way

These guys do. Backordered, unfortunately.

http://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?Prod=156323

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

Christ almighty, that thing's just asinine.

So is the hyperbole in the ad:

... transforming the 1911 into a true combat handgun was no easy task
... the monstrous 10mm...
...Titan exudes assurance in an uncertain world

Oh Titan, please hold me tight!

Anyway, I am feeling really antsy, I got a smoking deal on a P01 a while back and still haven't gotten a chance to take it to the range yet. Dry firing tells me that the trigger is not as smooth as my 75 (no surprise there).

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

Custom desert-marsh conversion in galactic core, 12% oxygen atm., great weather, friendly native life (missing one moon). Great fix-er-upper. Must sell, alien invasion imminent. $3995 or best offer.

Waco Panty Raid posted:

I seriously considered a Razorback, I love shooting 10mm and don't own a 1911, but I was under the impression from the 1911 thread that 10mm and the 1911 action don't really mix.

Have you ever read the 1911 thread? It's full to the brim with Billshit. These are people who believe it is safe to shoot a 1911 but not to drop the slide on an empty chamber.

I think people's belief that a 1911 can't work with 10mm for some magical reason is due to Colt's lovely ideas. Here's their attempt at building a 10mm:

(Not my Delta Elite. It's from an arfcom thread: http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=5&f=28&t=117189)

No. Just no.

Dan Wesson's offering uses a fully-supported ramped barrel, so it should handle even the really hot stuff just fine.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

How does Billshit differ from bullshit

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

Bill Wilson said it so it's true.

Yond Cassius
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

GEEKABALL posted:

So is the hyperbole in the ad:

... transforming the 1911 into a true combat handgun was no easy task
... the monstrous 10mm...
...Titan exudes assurance in an uncertain world

Oh Titan, please hold me tight!

Sadly, that's CZ's official writeup for the gun.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

Look, if some crazy rich dude sees that ad and says "gently caress YEAH" then they've sold a gun. I don't know what the problem is here?

REDjackeT
Sep 2, 2009

I think people's belief that a 1911 can't work with 10mm for some magical reason is due to Colt's lovely ideas. Here's their attempt at building a 10mm:
Wow, that seems really silly.

Now I feel better about getting a 10mm 1911 eventually if there are some that aren't so... special.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

10mm 1911s will, absolutely will, lunch on themselves (peen the frame and slide under recoil) without very regular spring changes. Factor in a new recoil spring every 2000 rounds into your "ammo" costs, and frankly if you can do it earlier than that, all the better.

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

Peening adds character (and strength). Not seeing the problem here. (edit: and this happens with ANY cartridge)

The holes for the slide stop will gradually oval out but I've never heard of this being a problem with any quality manufacturer, and even with a high pressure round like 10mm we're talking many many thousands of rounds before it's significant enough to even consider doing anything about.

Steak Flavored Gum fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 11, 2013

Waco Panty Raid
Mar 30, 2002

I don't mind being a little pedantic.

Have you ever read the 1911 thread? It's full to the brim with Billshit. These are people who believe it is safe to shoot a 1911 but not to drop the slide on an empty chamber.

(Not my Delta Elite. It's from an arfcom thread: http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=5&f=28&t=117189)

No. Just no.

Dan Wesson's offering uses a fully-supported ramped barrel, so it should handle even the really hot stuff just fine.
Well poo poo, now I have to choose since I can't really justify buying both the Razorback and the Pro-Tek.

And no I didn't really read much of the 1911 thread, just searched it for 10mm and most of the posts seemed negative.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Anyone know of a place making nicer milled trigger guards for CZ452?? Looking for one in stainless

Steak Flavored Gum
Apr 26, 2007

DIP makes some... they don't have anything in stainless but they have one that is nickel plated.

http://www.diproductsinc.com/Products.aspx?CAT=3600

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Oh man I messed with a Czechmate yesterday

So awesome. In the store so didn't get to shoot it, but daymn. If I ever get into IPSC I'm all over that. (I never will)

Also handled a (polycoat) 97, really nice.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

DIP makes some... they don't have anything in stainless but they have one that is nickel plated.

Wait, CZ made a 10 round 17HMR/22WMR mag for the 452? I've only seen a third-party one that got horrible reviews. Anybody have one of these?

Also from what I'm seeing the 452 and 455 use the same 22LR mags, but different 17HMR mags. Bummer. I want to get a scoped 17HMR at some point and was hoping to share mags with the 452.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

Well my gat is nickel plated too so that's perfect. Chur

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Well here is an oddity.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=370114468

I've seen pictures of these but I was not aware any were ever imported into the US.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Basticle posted:

Well here is an oddity.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=370114468

I've seen pictures of these but I was not aware any were ever imported into the US.

I saw one a number of years ago. They did get stateside but I think it was a very small number of them.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Hooooollllly hell am I tempted to buy that, if only to detail strip and examine.

I've wanted to do a DAO build with a ridiculously light trigger pull forever.

edit: gently caress .40 goddammit

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Is there a safety on that gun or just the long DA pull?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Doctor Grape Ape posted:

Is there a safety on that gun or just the long DA pull?

No safety. They pulled a S&W and plugged up the hole where the decocker would be.

*edit* on the subject of weird CZ-75 variants is the CZ-75 Omegas. In stock Here, here, here and all over gunbroker. These have been imported in dribs and drabs the last few years but I've noticed a bunch of them being available the last couple of months.

Essentially a normal steel-frame 75 with the same internals as a P-07/09. I've never shot an omega CZ but supposedly the DA is smoother but the SA has a lot more takeup (I think I'm getting that right). Also the CZ-75 Omega could, in theory, be swapped between a safety and deocker like the P-07/09, except the version imported to the US only comes with the safety and CZ-USA has never imported the decocker parts and dosent seem to have plans to.

Basticle fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 14, 2013

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Seems like a lot of retailers got their shipments of CZ stuff in the last week.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

E2M2 posted:

Seems like a lot of retailers got their shipments of CZ stuff in the last week.

Seems about the only thing still unavailable right now is the 75 SA, the RAMIs and the 85 models.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

http://www.kygunco.com/cz-97-b-45acp-45in-11rd-pistol-70237

CZ97b in stock.

12345random
Mar 24, 2013

Ugh, and gloss blue! I want one...but I don't need one.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN

Slippery Tilde

Unf. I already have the Israeli cousin of that gun (and paid the exact same for it), so it would be really stupid to buy another .45acp 10 round DA/SA CZ pistol. But drat do I want one.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Having problems finding a holster for my SP01 with a TLR1 HL, it has the same dimensions as TLR1, and holy poo poo its bright. Bladetec makes one but I have been very unimpressed with their quality, anyone know of other options short of making one myself, which I might end up doing anyways?

Edit: I see Zero Concealment makes one for the Phantom, wonder if that will work?

ZebraBlade fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

IWB? OWB? I take it you dont want leather?