Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

TobyLerone posted:

No, the PPS wasn't on my radar and I haven't seen any at stores or gun shows. How does it compared to the standard offerings? It always reminded me of the Springfield XDs (now that I've compared specs it does so even more) and that wasn't high on my list for having both a rail and a grip safety. Less is more. Unless it's payload and then more is better. My starter ccw around the property has been a Taurus TCP with a cheap Desantis pocket tuck and a Guru wallet holster. Even something that size has been much more comfortable IWB than pocket carry.

I guess if a much larger 14+1 metal frame compact can be justified for ccw then perhaps I should overlook the rail. I'm a revolver man at heart, I just want more capacity.

There's no grip safety on the PPS. It's a single-stack glock, basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Maybe he confused the backstrap safety with a grip safety.

TobyLerone
Dec 7, 2003
Sitting is cool.

Yep, my mistake. I used the wrong term. The PPS could become a contender if I settle for a single stack 9mm. In theory I like the magazine release. Not a cheaper option unfortunately. The PCR is larger in relation to the 1911 than I imagined but I have spent very little time behind one.

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

various cheeses posted:

VZ grips or the CZ aluminum grips can slim the gun down, but honestly it's the height of the gun that can make it more difficult to hide. Definitely invest in a good holster.

Just by the way, VZ grips are loving fantastic. Nice and grippy on the hands while not grabbing clothing, also very thin.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

So CZ 452 are great guns for the money but I was wondering how the weight on them was? Front head or is most of hte weight in the back? If someone has had the pleasure of using a Mossberg 44US and can compare I would greatly appreciate it.

duck hunt
Dec 22, 2010

I just bought a CZ 452 lux, and it is a motherfucking work of art. I have never shot a rifle, even in other calibers, this accurate and consistent in my life. The only thing that could make this rifle better, would be a SUPPRESSOR!

I've got 2 routes. Pay a gun smith to move the front ironsights back and thread the existing barrel. I'm not even sure if you can do this? Or I can remove my 452 lux barrel and buy a 455 barrel with a threaded end on it already. Anyone know if you can put a 455 barrel into a 452-2E ZKM receiver and stock?

Widdershins
May 19, 2007
Not even trying

duck hunt posted:

I've got 2 routes.

Try real hard to find another route.

Don't gently caress up your lux, get a threaded 455.

Soupisgood
Dec 5, 2012

I just bought a cz 75 B and I was wondering how sp-01 mags will fit in it. According to CZ they will work, but will there be an abnoxious gap between the little rubber things on the bottom and the bottom of the mag well?

martinlutherbling
Mar 27, 2010

SP01 mags will fit just fine, the frame is the same size as the B

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

duck hunt posted:

I just bought a CZ 452 lux, and it is a motherfucking work of art. I have never shot a rifle, even in other calibers, this accurate and consistent in my life. The only thing that could make this rifle better, would be a SUPPRESSOR!

I've got 2 routes. Pay a gun smith to move the front ironsights back and thread the existing barrel. I'm not even sure if you can do this? Or I can remove my 452 lux barrel and buy a 455 barrel with a threaded end on it already. Anyone know if you can put a 455 barrel into a 452-2E ZKM receiver and stock?

Yes to the first being possible and a bit expensive and no to the second route. CZ barrels also used to come threaded to european specs and not the standard US one for the 452. Make sure you check that before trying other barrels.

Leave it as is unless you really have a hard on for silencing the lux.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Soupisgood posted:

I just bought a cz 75 B and I was wondering how sp-01 mags will fit in it. According to CZ they will work, but will there be an abnoxious gap between the little rubber things on the bottom and the bottom of the mag well?

We already talked about this in irc butttt

The mag bodies are the same, it's just the baseplates that are different. Mags with the extended floorplates will fit your 75b just like they fit an SP-01 since those guns have the same frame, more or less. The baseplate will stick out, yeah, but you know.

14 round Compact mags, however, will not fit.

SadWhaleFamily
May 1, 2007

Bummey posted:

14 round Compact mags, however, will not fit.

I have personal experience borrowing CZ 75 compact mags for an IDPA shoot and having the mag fall out of the bottom of my CZ 85 on draw.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

SadWhaleFamily posted:

I have personal experience borrowing CZ 75 compact mags for an IDPA shoot and having the mag fall out of the bottom of my CZ 85 on draw.

Well, they'll fit

they just won't lock in or reach high enough for the slide to strip off a round.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Welp, I just bought one of these. I'd been sitting around thinking I'd never see an OD green P-07 in stock anywhere local, so I gripped it. It's my first semiauto handgun, but I've had my eyes on a CZ for a while. What are the first things I should do with it???

ShitheadDeluxe
May 14, 2007

DrPop posted:

Welp, I just bought one of these. I'd been sitting around thinking I'd never see an OD green P-07 in stock anywhere local, so I gripped it. It's my first semiauto handgun, but I've had my eyes on a CZ for a while. What are the first things I should do with it???

Clean and lightly lube it, then take it out for a spin!

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Shithead Deluxe posted:

Clean and lightly lube it, then take it out for a spin!

Pretty much that. Enjoy the hell out of it. I didn't know OD frames were even available.

12345random
Mar 24, 2013

CZ75 SAO in-stock! http://grabagun.com/cz-75-sao-9mm-4-7-blk-2-15rd.html

Absolut_V
Oct 8, 2003

Superman That Jones!

For some reason I am seriously considering buying another SAO.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Got my P-07 and it's cooooool. The OD frame is a lot more OD and less Shrek green than the stock pictures indicated, which I'm happy to see. Will take some pics when I get home.

Quick question though, is it normal for there to be a bit of wear on the barrel hood where the slide goes over the barrel on a new semi like this? Doesn't bother me at all and I know this gun's gonna get beat up, but just coverin' all my bases.

Propagandalf
Dec 6, 2008

itchy itchy itchy itchy

That's normal, especially if they test fired it at the factory.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Propagandalf posted:

That's normal, especially if they test fired it at the factory.

Cool. Is it ok to dry fire the P-07? Other CZ forums are totally unclear, and I know it's best to use snap caps, but I don't have any in 9mm right now.

Mechworrier
Jul 21, 2003

Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.

if it ain't rimfire, you can dry fire it.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

There is a roll pin in the slide that can potentially be damaged by dry fire, but you're unlikely to break it unless you really go crazynuts wild with dry fire drills all day every day.

OOG SMASH
Jul 11, 2008

You can always grab one of the solid roll pins from cz custom if you're worried about it. I assume the pin is the same size on the P-07 as on a 75.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

CZ swapped to dual roll-pins to prevent breaks - they stopped sending snap caps with their pistols at the same time.

You'll still eventually break it, but not soon enough to worry. Just replace it with a solid pin if you ever remove it.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Did anyone here splurge on a DIP trigger guard for their rifle? The tear drop one is kinda tempting...

Bummey
May 26, 2004

david_a posted:

Did anyone here splurge on a DIP trigger guard for their rifle? The tear drop one is kinda tempting...

$120 for a trigger guard? I've spent just as much on stupider things, so who am I to say, but how is that justifiable?

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...

david_a posted:

yeah I've got one

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

gimpsuitjones posted:

yeah I've got one
pics pics

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...

david_a posted:

pics pics

2 weeks

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Nothing y'all haven't seen before, but here's my Seezy.

Took it to the range on Saturday and it felt great. Love it. Is there any issue with putting +P self-defense rounds like the Hornady Critical Duty stuff through these? That's what I was figuring I'd carry it with.

DrPop fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 9, 2013

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

CGW needs to have their trigger upgrades for the P07 available already.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

DrPop posted:

Took it to the range on Saturday and it felt great. Love it. Is there any issue with putting +P self-defense rounds like the Hornady Critical Duty stuff through these? That's what I was figuring I'd carry it with.

There shouldn't be any problems with +P, unless that's like all you ever shoot 2000 rounds per month sort of thing. CZs have a history of being oversprung due to being designed around the higher pressure 9mm NATO rounds (edit: that's what They say, at least. I can't seem to find a real, credible source for this), rather than commercial 9x19. Also, Critical Duty is for full sized pistols, which the not tiny but not huge P07 might be or maybe not whatever. What I'm saying is don't use Hornady's Critical Duty/Defense, anyway, get some Federal HST, Ranger Ts, or Gold Dots.

I wish they made a polymer gun with a striker system. I'm over DA/SA.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Dec 9, 2013

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Bummey posted:

There shouldn't be any problems with +P, unless that's like all you ever shoot 2000 rounds per month sort of thing. CZs have a history of being oversprung due to being designed around the higher pressure 9mm NATO rounds (edit: that's what They say, at least. I can't seem to find a real, credible source for this), rather than commercial 9x19. Also, Critical Duty is for full sized pistols, which the not tiny but not huge P07 might be or maybe not whatever. What I'm saying is don't use Hornady's Critical Duty/Defense, anyway, get some Federal HST, Ranger Ts, or Gold Dots.

I wish they made a polymer gun with a striker system. I'm over DA/SA.

Cool. Bought some Gold Dots.

Any recommendation for a good IWB holster for it? I've been looking at something from SHTF Gear on Amazon that's like $60, and High Noon Holsters was also recommended to me but they're a bit more pricey (~$75 and holy poo poo their website).

martinlutherbling
Mar 27, 2010

I want a decent quality, leather, open top, owb holster for my SP-01. I'd like to spend $80 or so, ideally a bit less. Does this exist?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

DrPop posted:

Any recommendation for a good IWB holster for it? I've been looking at something from SHTF Gear on Amazon that's like $60, and High Noon Holsters was also recommended to me but they're a bit more pricey (~$75 and holy poo poo their website).

https://www.policehq.com almost always has Federal HST in stock, if anyone else reading this wants some good 124/147gr JHPs.

Do you want kydex, leather, kydex and leather? The P07 isn't super well supported by holster makers. There's Raven, but those are $morethantheyshouldbe and take a long time. The CZ Forums has a thread devoted to P-07 hosters.

martinlutherbling posted:

I want a decent quality, leather, open top, owb holster for my SP-01. I'd like to spend $80 or so, ideally a bit less. Does this exist?

You want a holster made out of a premium material for an uncommon gun and you want to spend less than eighty dollars. Unlikely. Not many people make SP01 holsters, and the ones that do are probably all kydex. You could buy an SP01 blue gun and ship it to a holster maker, but that would cost more.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Bummey posted:

https://www.policehq.com almost always has Federal HST in stock, if anyone else reading this wants some good 124/147gr JHPs.

Do you want kydex, leather, kydex and leather? The P07 isn't super well supported by holster makers. There's Raven, but those are $morethantheyshouldbe and take a long time. The CZ Forums has a thread devoted to P-07 hosters.

You want a holster made out of a premium material for an uncommon gun and you want to spend less than eighty dollars. Unlikely. Not many people make SP01 holsters, and the ones that do are probably all kydex. You could buy an SP01 blue gun and ship it to a holster maker, but that would cost more.

Got it, thank you. I picked up some 115-grain Speer Gold Dots to try out. Anything that separates them from heavier 124- and 147-grain loads, other than small differences in energy?

12345random
Mar 24, 2013

DrPop posted:

Have you checked out UBG? Good quality, friendly owner.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

DrPop posted:

Got it, thank you. I picked up some 115-grain Speer Gold Dots to try out. Anything that separates them from heavier 124- and 147-grain loads, other than small differences in energy?

Performance wise I think you'll want to go with either 124+P or regular 147.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

Good iwb holster are all $60 and above generally. I've never found one much lower than that so $75 is not that much of a stretch for a good IWB.

Bummey posted:

This is not correct dude. Tons of people have hopped on the CZ train in the last couple of years and while the aftermarket is not like glock there is a decent enough custom made aftermarket for the safety models that it just requires you to wait a couple of weeks while that one or two shops make your stuff or hunt down the few guys making ready made parts through the cz specific forums. A fair amount of people are buying sp01 for range and competition use, you shouldn't be shipping a sp01 to a holster maker in 2013 unless you love that dudes holsters and he can't afford to buy a blue gun.

martinlutherbling posted:

http://www.kirkpatrickleather.com/concealment/holster/under-cover-77
http://www.kirkpatrickleather.com/concealment/texas-strong-side-75

or fist holsters.