Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

CZ Shadow transfer approved

Hopefully it will arrive next week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

IuniusBrutus posted:

So, people should give me reasons to not buy a vz.61 Skorpion, since CDNN has them for $400 and they are pretty much awesome.

No. Get it.

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

Got a great deal on a 527 in .223 this weekend on Gunbroker. Can't wait to get it. Also, I put a Yodave trigger spring kit on my 452 UL this weekend, and drat is it nice. Took the trigger down to about 1-2 pounds. Definitely worth the $18, and I haven't even used the shim tubes yet

edit for pic

This guy! Anybody know if it's an American or Varmint? I can't tell from the pics, and the ad didn't say.

piss boner
May 17, 2003

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

This guy! Anybody know if it's an American or Varmint? I can't tell from the pics, and the ad didn't say.

99% sure that it is a varmint, judging solely from the barrel profile.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Varmint. Both the Lux and the American have irons I believe.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

What kind of difference in performance should I expect between a carbine and full length 527 in 223? I don't hunt so I don't need to bullseye a deer's heart at 200 yards or whatever. I just like the aesthetic of stubby rifles. This would purely be a range toy, assuming I ever buy it. Which I probably won't because I don't know how to make up my mind about anything.

edit: Hell, what about 223 vs x39 while I'm asking? I have no experience with any rifle cartridges larger than 22LR. Ammo cost is my biggest concern. I'm a huge scrooge when buying ammo.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Aug 29, 2011

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

piss boner posted:

99% sure that it is a varmint, judging solely from the barrel profile.
I would say yeah to this, but it could be a trick of the perspective. American is ~22" skinny barrel, Varmint is 24" heavier barrel.

OWLS! posted:

Varmint. Both the Lux and the American have irons I believe.
Lux does, American does not.

Bummey posted:

What kind of difference in performance should I expect between a carbine and full length 527 in 223?
Depends on if you want to put a scope on it. The Carbine's rear sight can make it difficult for scopes with a larger objective lens (i.e. pretty much everything 3x and up) to fit, but most 1-4x scopes will fit just fine. If you're going to be shooting most often at 100yd or less, the performance difference between 18" and 22-24" of barrel is negligible.

quote:

edit: Hell, what about 223 vs x39 while I'm asking?
If it's purely a range gun and ammo cost is your primary concern (and you don't plan to handload or hunt with it), I'd go with x39 - but that limits your choice to the Carbine (not a terrible thing at all).

Uncle Caveman fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Aug 30, 2011

SixthFloorFreak
Jun 18, 2005

Dear TFR and CZ lovers, tell me why I should or shouldn't get a SP-01 Phantom. I'm also considering a Beretta 92. Really, I just want a huge capacity full-size 9mm with a rail...

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Get another SP-01 made of metal

Phantom is the polymer frame one iirc.

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

Yes, get the shadow if you are not going to use it as a carry weapon or something. Metal beats polymer!

Might as well post my Shadow in its pretty dress:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Heintron posted:

Yes, get the shadow if you are not going to use it as a carry weapon or something. Metal beats polymer!

Might as well post my Shadow in its pretty dress:

I'm still waiting for my Shadow to ship to me *stares at clock, tap tap tap*

Keeping an eye out to see if anyone brings in the Triarii to too, so far I've seen it for glocks but nothing else. That'd scratch my pistol caliber carbine itch perfectly!

Well, perhaps the CZ Skorpion Evo 3 if that shows up for civvies

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus

Yams Fan

SixthFloorFreak posted:

Dear TFR and CZ lovers, tell me why I should or shouldn't get a SP-01 Phantom. I'm also considering a Beretta 92. Really, I just want a huge capacity full-size 9mm with a rail...

I have a Phantom, and while it is a fantastic gun, I do wish I had gotten the metal frame version.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

If I was gonna go polymer CZ I'd check out the P07 too, those look pretty nifty and are fairly inexpensive even in Canada. We get them with the extended barrel to make the length restriction so they look even cooler, imo.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

SixthFloorFreak posted:

The only reason IMO to get a 92 over a full size CZ is the availability/price of accessories and magazines. Id stay away from a phantom though - the regular SP-01 isn't much more expensive, and you'll be happier with it.

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

priznat posted:

If I was gonna go polymer CZ I'd check out the P07 too, those look pretty nifty and are fairly inexpensive even in Canada. We get them with the extended barrel to make the length restriction so they look even cooler, imo.

Post pictures tia

Vorlonesque
Sep 17, 2005

Killing planets since 1876

IuniusBrutus posted:

The only reason IMO to get a 92 over a full size CZ is the availability/price of accessories and magazines. Id stay away from a phantom though - the regular SP-01 isn't much more expensive, and you'll be happier with it.

Getting both is a good option!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Heintron posted:

Post pictures tia

Sorry for the delay!

Pretty cool how they can switch between safety and decocker just by swapping some parts.

priznat fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Sep 3, 2011

poopgiggle
Feb 7, 2006

it isn't easy being a cross dominate shooter.

I was looking at the P07 some time ago, but there were some negative reports that scared me off.

Also, I meant to post this in this thread but I didn't because I am a doofus:

Latest email from Comp-Tac:

quote:

Products for the CZ SP-01 and Springfield XD (M) 5.25 9/40 will be released next Friday, September 9th. These models will be available for almost all of our holsters and magazine pouches including the CTAC, Paddle Holster, MTAC, and more!

My next pistol purchase will be a SP-01, mark my words.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Blade-tech makes holsters and stuff for SP-01s, it's what I'm planning on getting for gun games.. The drop+offset one.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

priznat posted:

Blade-tech makes holsters and stuff for SP-01s, it's what I'm planning on getting for gun games.. The drop+offset one.

I have a DAA for my SP-01 and its way better than a bladetech for about the same price.

http://www.cedhk.com/shop/products/Double%252dAlpha-Academy-PDR-Holster.html

ZebraBlade fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Sep 3, 2011

Vorlonesque
Sep 17, 2005

Killing planets since 1876

poopgiggle posted:

I was looking at the P07 some time ago, but there were some negative reports that scared me off.

My CZ-75B Omega has the same trigger...and I'm not thrilled with it...it actually makes my finger sore (not in a friction/abrasion rubbing my skin off sort of way...more in a "its putting pressure on the wrong place on my finger and making it all worn out and sore" sort of way). Its the shape of the recurve trigger and the fact that I have long spidery fingers. Its also got one of the WORST DA pulls around...before my Berettas got D-Springs in them they had lack-luster pulls...but this thing makes those feel light and smooth by comparison. The SA pull is very light...its a slightly long pull with what feels like no resistance (even though its 3.5 pounds or so)...its nice other than the trigger shape...and its a CZ so you can just go cocked-and-locked. Its funny because the vz.82 has the BEST DA pull I've felt on a trigger.

I think it may get more comfortable as I shoot it more and it smooths out...OR perhaps they will eventually make a cool SAO trigger for the Omega trigger system...as the shape of those triggers looks much better. Or worse comes to worse and I'll trade it for a nice Compact or even a pre-B (those are sexy and deep down I want one).

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.

If anyone is looking for one, I'm selling my CZ SP-01 Phantom, 500 rounds through it, feeds just like a CZ should. I'm only selling cause it is too big for me to comfortably carry concealed. Looking for 450~. I have pm's. Also comes with 2 extra 16 round Mec-Gar Mags. I have pm's.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"

Grimey Drawer

Uncle Caveman posted:

Spent some time dialing in my 527 Carbine's trigger so there is no more overtravel. Between that and the set trigger, I think I am now completely spoiled for other rifles.

I miss that gun so much. Make sure you do the smack test, I had to back the trigger off a bit to keep it from ADing when hit.

I will also say that switching between that gun and a stock triggered 10/22 led to an endless stream of NDs and "why didnt my 10/22 fire? Oh, not done pulling the trigger yet" moments.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

bunnielab posted:

Make sure you do the smack test, I had to back the trigger off a bit to keep it from ADing when hit.
After every adjustment I would slam the butt into the floor 10 times trying to trip the sear - it never would, but adjusting it too far would prevent the trigger from tripping the sear at all for whatever reason. I then backed it off until it would trip reliably with a minimum amount of overtravel. It's now better than any rifle I've ever owned, and the set trigger is even better than that.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"

Grimey Drawer

Uncle Caveman posted:

After every adjustment I would slam the butt into the floor 10 times trying to trip the sear - it never would, but adjusting it too far would prevent the trigger from tripping the sear at all for whatever reason. I then backed it off until it would trip reliably with a minimum amount of overtravel. It's now better than any rifle I've ever owned, and the set trigger is even better than that.

Ah, I was loving with the set trigger weight when I was getting it to AD.

God they are nice guns. As soon as I get last month's expense check I am going to get a LH 452 but I kinda want to wait a month and get another 527. I will not be the same as I want to get the American Model so I can re-barrel it. I did a little looking into getting irons mounted on a barrel but it is a $TEXAS$ proposition.

But look at this thing:

.223 isn't that much more expensive then .22lr, right?

bongwizzard fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Sep 5, 2011

Dr Ozziemandius
Apr 28, 2011

Ozzie approves

Polished my Ultra Lux with Scratch-X, then used Howard's Feed-N-Wax to polish it. Takes the factory satin finish to a high gloss. I couldn't really get it in a picture, but it looks like a different rifle. Added a YoDave trigger spring and shim kit, a Nikon 4-12 scope, and a short bipod. Got to take it to the range yesterday, and I absolutely love this goddamn gun. Can't wait to get my 527.

TadBradley
Jan 14, 2008
I don't know what goes here.

I'm from Arkansas, but I just got back from living in Perth for a year, had to sell my guns. When I got home, I had one waiting for me at the ffl. One of Widener's CZ-75-not-quite-B's. Some Marschal walnut thin-grips and a bland TFR photo attempt later:

Anyway, I loving love this gun. 420 wear sweatervests errday.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Got my CZ Shadow, finally!

I love those rubber grips, I don't think I'll change em. My big fat gorilla hands fit them perfectly, reminds me of the 92FS sorta (well, not quite that fat).

Going to take it to the range Sunday probably. Got a buttload of AE 124gr all ready to go

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

I just got an expensive CZ, box thread soon.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

527?

I should do a family shot with my Shadow, 455FS and vz.58

Total CZ fanboy now. If the 805 makes it out here I'm fuckin buying one I don't care what the gently caress. Also the new Skorpion.

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.

So cz-custom is selling P-01s and what seems to be the new P-02 with the omega trigger with swappable decocker/safety. Would it be dumb to go with the new trigger?

http://czcustom.com/cz75bp029mmcompactomega.aspx

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Does anybody happen to know of a good inside-the-waistband holster for a CZ 75 Compact? CZ has one on their web site, but given that it's around $15 I'm slightly dubious of it, as I've been told that decent holsters are almost always $60-100 or more.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

Fhate posted:

Does anybody happen to know of a good inside-the-waistband holster for a CZ 75 Compact? CZ has one on their web site, but given that it's around $15 I'm slightly dubious of it, as I've been told that decent holsters are almost always $60-100 or more.

Bladetech makes this which is a fully kydex IWB holster. They make pretty good stuff, but I wouldn't expect it to be as comfortable as a hybrid holster. Or, for a little more, you can get one of these which would probably carry better.

ShaneB
Oct 21, 2002

If you can, recommend me a CZ pistol to get or some CZs to try at the range.

Deets:
I have large hands
I don't need concealed carry, this would be for the range and maybe some imaginary home defense
It must take the Kadet kit (is this all CZ pistols?)
I like target shooting so accuracy is fun, but I'm sure any of them are sufficient for my skill level
Must have grip comfortable for a long range session, or be able to take comfortable grip

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Fhate posted:

Crossbreed Supertuck is a decent holster for 75 models (full size, Compact and PCR). If you have a P-01 you should definitely get an MTAC.

ShaneB posted:

If you can, recommend me a CZ pistol to get or some CZs to try at the range.

Deets:
I have large hands
I don't need concealed carry, this would be for the range and maybe some imaginary home defense
It must take the Kadet kit (is this all CZ pistols?)
I like target shooting so accuracy is fun, but I'm sure any of them are sufficient for my skill level
Must have grip comfortable for a long range session, or be able to take comfortable grip

CZ 75B or SP-01 should be perfect.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Sep 13, 2011

ShaneB
Oct 21, 2002

Bummey posted:

Crossbreed Supertuck is a decent holster for 75 models (full size, Compact and PCR). If you have a P-01 you should definitely get an MTAC.

CZ 75B or SP-01 should be perfect.

Chambered in 40 or 9mm? That's probably a very large Pandora's box, right?

SixthFloorFreak
Jun 18, 2005

ShaneB posted:

9mm is always the right answer...gently caress a .40

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

ShaneB posted:

If you want it for range use, there is zero reason to get it in the more expensive ammunition.

ShaneB
Oct 21, 2002

DJExile posted:

If you want it for range use, there is zero reason to get it in the more expensive ammunition.

My thinking was shoot it with .22 using the Kadet kit at the range. Probably not the thread to get into what reasons I would have to choose between 9mm and .40, though. I'm not really the kind of person who keeps a pistol in his nightstand or anything, but I figure the forums are as good a place as any to brainstorm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheres my beer
Apr 29, 2004

Tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty

Fun Shoe

ShaneB posted:

My thinking was shoot it with .22 using the Kadet kit at the range. Probably not the thread to get into what reasons I would have to choose between 9mm and .40, though. I'm not really the kind of person who keeps a pistol in his nightstand or anything, but I figure the forums are as good a place as any to brainstorm.

9mm. I don't care if you want it for range use or HD. 9mm.