Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Yes, and they're better for CCW than the standard P01 mags. That rubber baseplate always catches my shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Anyone out there have a Rami? I saw one for sale, but it was the manual safety version. Would've bought it if it had the decocker.

Opinions on it?

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

Bummey posted:

Compact mags will fit in all compact (P-01, PCR, 75 compact, Rami) CZ pistols except the P-07 which uses its own mags.

The P-07 will feed from standard compact magazines. They rattle a little, but they fit and feed just fine.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

various cheeses posted:

Anyone out there have a Rami? I saw one for sale, but it was the manual safety version. Would've bought it if it had the decocker.

Opinions on it?

I've never seen anything bad said about them but I've never even seen one in person, its hard to get a sense of it's size.

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Basticle posted:

I've never seen anything bad said about them but I've never even seen one in person, its hard to get a sense of it's size.

They're small. I saw one at $350 a year ago without a mag, I reaaaally regret not buying one.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

They're just as fat in the grip and they have the same thin slide as the other CZ pistols, but they are quite a bit smaller in overall size. Super cool too.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jan 19, 2014

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

I'll go ahead and answer my own question. The Rami is pretty cool. It's a little chubby brick like the G26, but slightly thicker and taller. I was able to squeeze 3 fingers under the trigger guard. The slide is a bit thicker than the P01 actually, kind of flush with the frame - looks similar to the P07 in some ways. The guide rod is all metal and has a double spring. I'll have to take it to the range later this week. Came with one 10rd mag and a 14rd extended one.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

That is an adorable CZ

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Update: it fits a Remora holster sized for a G27.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

I seriously considered a RAMI for carry for a long time, they're very cool guns.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

DJExile posted:

I seriously considered a RAMI for carry for a long time, they're very cool guns.

Is your avatar supposed to be a hipster BG student or something?

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Basticle posted:

Is your avatar supposed to be a hipster BG student or something?

Yeah, it was Febreeze's creation over in TFF.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Are there many holster options for a CZ P-07? For the life of me I'm not finding anything.

E: Ones with an option to include a TLR-1 would be awesome. Best to just make something custom with Kydex?

DJExile fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jan 20, 2014

Mechworrier
Jul 21, 2003

Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.

I bought a Kydex OWB holster from this guy back when I had a Caracal since he was the only one I could find who made holsters for them. Looks like he makes ones for the P-07 as well. I thought the quality was pretty nice for a $60 holster, and he shipped it relatively quickly.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Sweet, thanks!

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!

Fun Shoe

I'm getting fail to extracts about once every 7 or 8 rounds in my 75. Happens with both steel case and brass case ammo (although problem seems a lot worse with steel case). I'm thinking I need to change out my extractor and extractor spring. Should I go with the factory extractor spring or the EXTRA POWER spring. Are there any other parts I ought to replace while I'm at it? My pistol is mostly a collectible which gets taken to the range probably 4 or 5 times a year. I want to keep it OEM as much as possible while making it more reliable. I'm assuming czcustom.com is the go-to place for parts, tell me if there is a better alternative.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

If it's an older pistol, replace the magazine spring as well. Also, just try changing the extractor spring - the extractor is probably fine. For a short term solution, spray some brake cleaner or something into the extractor channel - residue will build up in there and cause issues.

12345random
Mar 24, 2013

Extremely clean transitional model: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=387945099

Refinished? Color appears a bit odd. Grips are curious though, I would have thought it would have had the older style.

12345random fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 21, 2014

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

Not a transitional - standard pre-B. Frame appears to be original finish. Slide looks blued, and the import stamp looks wayyyyyy too clean to have been applied after the finish, so I'm guessing that at least is a refinish. The grips look correct - waffle grips weren't used all that late into the 80's, and frequently cracked, so if it came with them originally it is entirely possible they were replaced. Cool gun, but I'd pass - if you want a shooter pre-B, go for one of the ones that are half the price but more beat up, and if you want a collector, find a non-import (they typically aren't all that much).

12345random
Mar 24, 2013

IuniusBrutus posted:

Not a transitional - standard pre-B. Frame appears to be original finish. Slide looks blued, and the import stamp looks wayyyyyy too clean to have been applied after the finish, so I'm guessing that at least is a refinish. The grips look correct - waffle grips weren't used all that late into the 80's, and frequently cracked, so if it came with them originally it is entirely possible they were replaced. Cool gun, but I'd pass - if you want a shooter pre-B, go for one of the ones that are half the price but more beat up, and if you want a collector, find a non-import (they typically aren't all that much).

Thanks for the info.

Not looking for anything myself, it just caught my eye while browsing.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Anyone running VZ grips on their 75? I have been wanting the cz custom thin aluminum grips for some time but a lot of people with big hands say they are too thin. It looks like the VZ grips are about halfway between the fatty fat rubber grips and the aluminum ones. How aggressive is the checkering? How do you like them? I just find it hard to drop $80 on something that I can't touch before hand.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

ZebraBlade posted:

Anyone running VZ grips on their 75? I have been wanting the cz custom thin aluminum grips for some time but a lot of people with big hands say they are too thin. It looks like the VZ grips are about halfway between the fatty fat rubber grips and the aluminum ones. How aggressive is the checkering? How do you like them? I just find it hard to drop $80 on something that I can't touch before hand.
Just received my VZ Frag texture grips for my SP-01 and I really like them. They definitely FEEL thinner than those lumpy rubber grips from the factory. Other people here recommend the tactical diamond texture but I have soft office workers hands so I went with the frag and it seems fine and perfectly grippy. Overall I consider them a vast improvement in terms of comfort. Also I got the dark-cherry color and drat it looks good.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...

Does the SP-01 Shadow not exist anymore? Has it been superseded by the "shadow target" and the "accushadow" ??

Does the Kadet kit work with SP-01 variants

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Shadows still exist, and CZ has told me that the Kadet kits work with them. I have heard that they may require some "modification" but I don't know if this is true or what that entails.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Here is a post from a guy who put the Kadet kit on his Shadow and what he had to do to make it fit:

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=47507.0

Bummey
May 26, 2004

^^ Yup, those pictures show the right spots to file.

gimpsuitjones posted:

Does the SP-01 Shadow not exist anymore? Has it been superseded by the "shadow target" and the "accushadow" ??

Does the Kadet kit work with SP-01 variants

Kadet works swimmingly on my SP-01, but you WILL need to file down two surfaces (sorry, no pictures because the gun isn't with me right now) and you may need to tinker with different slide stops to figure out which one will lock back on empty. Some do, some don't. It's weird. A lot of people say the PCR slide stop does it, but it never worked for me. I've got a little baggie full of different slide stops that I bring with me and never, ever remember to remember which one is the right one.

vv

Bummey fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Feb 8, 2014

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

Just take some leftover spraypaint and krylon the correct one.

mikerock posted:

Here is a post from a guy who put the Kadet kit on his Shadow and what he had to do to make it fit:

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=47507.0

That advice is standard kadet kit installation procedure and not something special to just that model. Some pistols will run perfectly fine but if you have multiple used cz's that you run it on, you most likely had to file those tabs to get it to run in all of them. Mine was fine on my p01 but needed filing for my 75bd.

miklm
Dec 7, 2003

What a cunning fellow.

DJExile posted:

Are there many holster options for a CZ P-07? For the life of me I'm not finding anything.

E: Ones with an option to include a TLR-1 would be awesome. Best to just make something custom with Kydex?

I have a Crossbreed Supertuck for my P-07.

12345random
Mar 24, 2013

Finally had time to take a few photos of my CZ75 B SA...

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

How have people found accuracy with the Kadet kit? the Kadet 2 kit looks like it has nice-ish sights?

Would be looking at it as an alternative to a Ruger 22/45 just for practice pretty much, so I could use the same grip/trigger as my (future) SP01 Shadow but with cheaper ammo.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

The ruger will be cheaper. I can't attest to the accuracy as I've never shot one, however I can't stand the 22/45 series of pistols.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

I like the 22/45 waaaay more than the MKII

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Buckmark uber alles

Bummey
May 26, 2004

gimpsuitjones posted:

How have people found accuracy with the Kadet kit? the Kadet 2 kit looks like it has nice-ish sights?

It's perfectly fine, as far as my limited abilities can tell.

I Demand Food
Nov 17, 2002

I just bought a CZ 75 B in .40 S&W. I was at my local gun store for a completely different reason and saw one in the display case at a pretty good price, both of which are pretty rare in SoCal right now.

I've wanted one in 9mm or .40 S&W forever and this 10-day waiting period can't pass by fast enough as far as I'm concerned. It felt sturdy and good in my hand and I'm looking forward to taking it to the range soon. The guy who sold it to me said he has one too and recommended that I get rubber grips with finger grooves from Hogue, but I think I love the grip just the way it is now.

I Demand Food fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Feb 10, 2014

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Unless you sweat profusely [fat goon joke goes here] and keep losing grip on the gun, those hogue grips are painfully overrated. Stick with the factory ones for now and see how you like them.

Soupisgood
Dec 5, 2012

Are there any wood grips for the cz 75 that are just a hair thinner then the stock grips? My pre B feels a touch too wide for me and I'd like something slicker for my B.

DJExile
Jun 27, 2007

Soupisgood posted:

Are there any wood grips for the cz 75 that are just a hair thinner then the stock grips? My pre B feels a touch too wide for me and I'd like something slicker for my B.

I believe the ones by Nill are a bit smaller. http://www.mactecsales.com/cz75_s/1936.htm

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

DJExile posted:

I believe the ones by Nill are a bit smaller. http://www.mactecsales.com/cz75_s/1936.htm

The stock rubber grips have a palm swell but taper off toward the top where you'd put your thumb. The Nill grips are actually thicker near the top.

I'll post a comparison when I get home.

edit: imgur is overloaded as hell, but turns out I am wrong, the Nill grips are actually thinner. I'll post the comparison pics when I can. Also I misread your post and thought you said P01 somehow.

various cheeses fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Feb 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Well maybe it'll help anyways.

Here we go:
P01 factory grips

P01 Nill grips